Today 10:04 AM
13 Replies, 589 Views

Old 02-28-2019, 06:05 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

PlayStation Plus Games for March 2019 Announced

Quote:
PlayStation Plus: Free Games for March 2019

Two brand new titles join the PlayStation Plus free game lineup on March 5, offering dramatically different gameplay experiences. Letís take a look.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered

Activisionís colossal Call of Duty series is truly part of the fabric of modern gaming, and it was in 2007 that developer Infinity Ward took the console world by storm with its contemporary spin on the popular action series it helped create. 2016ís Modern Warfare Remastered brought the classic back in full HD for a new generation of gamers, while respectfully retaining its first-class gunplay and brilliant level design.

Download it with PS Plus this month to relive a true FPS classic (in glorious dynamic 4K on PS4 Pro when played on a PS4 Pro system and a 4K display).

The Witness

From the developer of the charming puzzle-platformer Braid back in 2008, creator Jonathan Blow promptly returned to the drawing board and spent the next eight years working on an ambitious follow-up.

The result was 2016ís The Witness ó an enigmatic first-person puzzler set on a seemingly-deserted tropical island, dotted from one end to the other with a vast network of interconnected puzzles.

Boasting spellbinding narrative twists and an unbeatable sense of satisfaction in conquering each puzzle, The Witness is a benchmark in design and environmental storytelling. Download The Witness on PS Plus this month for a slow-burning test of the old grey matter.

Both titles will be available to download from PlayStation Store from March 5 to April 1, 2019.

Finally, the PS Plus specials this month have some great titles including Yakuza Kiwami 2 at 40% off and both Hollow Knight and Just Cause 4 at 50% off. Act fast! The PS Plus specials for February are available until March 5, 2019.
blog.us.playstation.com
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:05 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:57 AM   #3
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

I simply no longer see the point of paying for PS Plus or Xbox live, the freebies are always games that everyone played 5 years ago.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:31 AM   #4
MavenACTG
Soul Reaper

Isn't PS Plus a requirement to access some PS4 multiplayer services?

Not everyone plays these games. Just stop with that myopic thinking. It's not for you, that's it. There are far, far more people out there who own or will own PS4s that haven't played this stuff, including an entire generation of kids growing up that this is likely marketed towards. If someone is coming off Fortnite or Apex Legends, the original Modern Warfare seems like a nice hook.

However, I find it interesting when they choose games that are multiplayer dominant for their free offerings.
MavenACTG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:57 AM   #5
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Well he DID say "I simply no longer see the point of paying..."

He didn't say "everyone should stop paying".

As for me..

I simply no longer see the point of paying for PS Plus or Xbox live, the freebies are always games that everyone played 5 years ago.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:24 AM   #6
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Well he DID say "I simply no longer see the point of paying..."

He didn't say "everyone should stop paying".

As for me..

Exactly this, I personally no longer see a point for myself, since I don't play a single thing multiplayer on PS4. The freebies just aren't worth it anymore for me.
If you play alot of MP on the Xbone or PS4 it's obviously going to be worth it I would think. May as well close the forum down, having a negative opinion on anything ruffles so many panties apparently. Generation Cuck in full force.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:14 AM   #7
thatlukeguy
Evil Dead

I feel everyone should stop paying them for these services. Mostly because I simply no longer see the point of paying for PS Plus or Xbox live. PC is where it's at anyways! (sort of)
thatlukeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 01:22 PM   #8
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Weaksauce..... but yeah if you ever want to play MP with anyone you now need Plus anyway.... and XBox Live Gold. So the only truly optional service is Game Pass but that has NEW games. So they made it so you really can't avoid paying and paying and paying some more.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:46 PM   #9
formeragent
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Exactly this, I personally no longer see a point for myself, since I don't play a single thing multiplayer on PS4. The freebies just aren't worth it anymore for me.
If you play alot of MP on the Xbone or PS4 it's obviously going to be worth it I would think. May as well close the forum down, having a negative opinion on anything ruffles so many panties apparently. Generation Cuck in full force.
I'm reading that heaps lately , thought that was the whole point of forums.. I personally find it value since I barely find time to play anything and stopped buying games , then forget about them .. I find this let's me play games that fell off the radar ages ago ..
formeragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:42 PM   #10
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Call of Duty 4 has a good single player campaign.

Consoles are great for tv gaming. I tend to like that since I hate sitting at a desk. I do that shit at work. So consoles win most of the time for me.

Last edited by shadow763; 03-01-2019 at 05:39 AM.. Reason: Clarity
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:57 AM   #11
Blog
Evil Dead

It's hard to get excited about games that have all been on sale for $5 or less in the past. Sigh.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:01 PM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Not a great month, but I already own the Call of Duty remaster. I did grab Hitman before it left the store though.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:18 PM   #13
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
As much as i love GT Sport, ive done it so many times over the past 20 years. I think i may end up cancelling for a while. Just take a year off or something, come back later and see if i enjoy it. The PS4 is also nearing that era where the games are getting dirt cheap used. Lots of cheap single players games to play.

Switch is about to get good to.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:35 AM   #14
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow763 View Post
Call of Duty 4 has a good single player campaign.

Consoles are great for tv gaming. I tend to like that since I hate sitting at a desk. I do that shit at work. So consoles win most of the time for me.
I agree, but I have transformed my desk area to have the comfort of a couch/recliner. I want it all!

Also I fucking HATE The Witness. Bought it day 1, fell for the hype. All the "game journos" were hyping it like it was the best game ever made. I found it mediocre, boring, and annoying. Thanks Jonathan Blow.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
playstation plus