Liberals gone wild
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 11:52 AM
3,729 Replies, 656,524 Views

Old 03-01-2019, 06:06 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

New Hellboy Red Band Trailer

Hellboy In theaters April 12, 2019. Starring David Harbour, Milla Jovovich, and Ian McShane, Sasha Lane, Penelope Mitchell, with Daniel Dae Kim.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:27 AM   #2
Grandpappy
Evil Dead

That looks awesome. Hellboy himself looks strung out, but damn that looks epic.
Grandpappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:00 AM   #3
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

After all these years, she's still so hot.

OH yeah, the movie looks good, too.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:07 AM   #4
MavenACTG
Soul Reaper

Milla is an example of someone who is, in her sphere of film-making, the Jennifer Lawrence or other top female talent of her field, but who seems to exist outside the "mainstream" film-making business in a way that someone like, say, Scarlett Johansson doesn't.

Helps to have directors and visionaries for spouses who want you to "be" your best.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:47 AM   #5
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Ron Perlman looks like he was ridden hard and put away wet in this movie.

Too bad he is another of those gigantic, out of touch, Hollywood douchebags because the rest of the cast looks great and I enjoyed the previous Hellboy movies. But he's off the list of folks I will support with my dollars.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:55 AM   #6
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post

Too bad he is another of those gigantic, out of touch, Hollywood douchebags because the rest of the cast looks great and I enjoyed the previous Hellboy movies. But he's off the list of folks I will support with my dollars.
Well you can enjoy this one then. It's David Harbour, not Ron Perlman. It's hard to tell with all of that makeup though so I don't blame you.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:55 AM   #7
Tashtego
Knight

Quote:

I have good news for you! That's not Ron Perlman, it's David Harbour. I don't know if his out-of-touch Hollywood douchebagginess has been confirmed yet. I am curious to know how you watch any movies with that standard.
Tashtego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:49 AM   #8
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashtego View Post
I have good news for you! That's not Ron Perlman, it's David Harbour. I don't know if his out-of-touch Hollywood douchebagginess has been confirmed yet. I am curious to know how you watch any movies with that standard.
Glad to hear it isn't Ron Perlman. They did a good job making it look a lot like him.

As for how I watch movies, it is generally pretty easy, as long as most of the primary cast and crew they aren't completely obnoxious and grossly public in their politics I don't care. I don't care who they give money to, what fundraisers they attend, and what they talk about in the privacy of their friends circles.

But when they go out of their way to agitate a mob, instigate deplatforming or cause material harm through pressure to lose jobs and so on, make violent threats in the mainstream media (or worse, follow through), or publicly demean and smear without cause or proof entire classes of people for exercising their rights or holding contrary opinions then they become douchebags.

Ron Perlman and others are very much guilty of many or all of the above.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:29 PM   #9
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Glad to hear it isn't Ron Perlman. They did a good job making it look a lot like him.

As for how I watch movies, it is generally pretty easy, as long as most of the primary cast and crew they aren't completely obnoxious and grossly public in their politics I don't care. I don't care who they give money to, what fundraisers they attend, and what they talk about in the privacy of their friends circles.

But when they go out of their way to agitate a mob, instigate deplatforming or cause material harm through pressure to lose jobs and so on, make violent threats in the mainstream media (or worse, follow through), or publicly demean and smear without cause or proof entire classes of people for exercising their rights or holding contrary opinions then they become douchebags.

Ron Perlman and others are very much guilty of many or all of the above.

That's pretty fair as far as Im concerned. I couldn't care less what people do unless you're ultra douchy like this McDouche. (Sorry about the extra douchy size. Any way to slim it down?)

wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:58 PM   #10
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Um, David Harbour’s political beliefs are the same as Ron Perlman and is even more vocal about it. That said, the new trailer gives me vibes of the first two Ninja Turtles movies.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:06 PM   #11
davidj.dk
Evil Dead

im not watching this pos. I know im supposed to be able to separate the artist from the art, but jesus.. this guy preaching to the world is the worst.. super cringe..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c996ra7Wqn0

i dare you to watch this without cringing - just look at winona ryder - jesus christ.

not sure why these people insist that their opinion matters. shove it people.

that said, the only thing that looks good about this movie is Milla.
davidj.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:17 PM   #12
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Pointless reboot, will not watch. NOTHING can ever touch the two Del Toro Hellboy movies. They were both masterpieces.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:17 PM   #13
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

What the? IS that a boy or girl McDouche?
Old 03-01-2019, 02:22 PM   #14
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Goddamit..... I saw the trailer, and now I have to see for the special effects. Gets me every time... Crap. Still can't be better than either Del Toro movie.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:56 PM   #15
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Um, David Harbour’s political beliefs are the same as Ron Perlman and is even more vocal about it.
Yep, you are right. Without the beard I didn't recognize him as the Stranger Things asshole who was going to have to "talk to [Winona Ryder] about [her facial] performance while he was giving his speech at the SAG Awards." according to The Wrap when Stranger Things won the SAG award for Outstanding Ensemble after Season 1.

Cause heaven forbid she not agree with his spontaneous (though he had clearly been rehearsing) virtue signaling speech and implicate her in politics she may or may not agree.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:24 PM   #16
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
Milla is an example of someone who is, in her sphere of film-making, the Jennifer Lawrence or other top female talent of her field, but who seems to exist outside the "mainstream" film-making business in a way that someone like, say, Scarlett Johansson doesn't.
I think it is the whole "Michelle Rodriguez" type of thing. They have settled on careers where they are "OK" with just being the female-bro in any movie they do. They are acting for the love of acting, which seems to be a rare commodity these days.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:43 PM   #17
Blog
Evil Dead

This looks fun. Campy, over the top, and with a butt-load of over-the-top demons. I'm in.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #18
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
I think it is the whole "Michelle Rodriguez" type of thing. They have settled on careers where they are "OK" with just being the female-bro in any movie they do.
Yeah, I have her in the same category of actor as Kurt Russell and Kate Beckinsale. He may not have had the mainstream draw or salary of Harrison Ford or Sandra Bullock (Pick your A-List Actor and Actress of Choice) but I'll still see almost anything with him or her in it and they rarely disappoints.

Too bad about this Harbour asshat though.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:13 PM   #19
Mozgus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidj.dk View Post
im not watching this pos. I know im supposed to be able to separate the artist from the art, but jesus.. this guy preaching to the world is the worst.. super cringe..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c996ra7Wqn0

i dare you to watch this without cringing - just look at winona ryder - jesus christ.

not sure why these people insist that their opinion matters. shove it people.

that said, the only thing that looks good about this movie is Milla.
He's fucking insane, and yet everyone thought Ryder was the wacky one here...

But whatever, punch Nazis, am I right?!?!
Mozgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:56 PM   #20
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
What the? IS that a boy or girl McDouche?
Lol its that chick who did Girls. Lena Dunham. I think this was shot around the time she said she was moving to Canada because Trump won.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hellboy