8 Replies, 1,484 Views
Apex Legends – Fight or...
Last post by HillTribe
Yesterday 06:07 PM
2 Replies, 288 Views

Old 09-20-2019, 03:26 PM   #4461
Terran
Evil Dead

Vallor, you are wasting your time engaging that douchebag. If he can ignore women being assaulted and raped, he's certainly going to ignore anything anyone says that would otherwise pierce his delusional stupidity.

Orange Man Bad.™ That's all that matters to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:30 PM   #4462
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Here is Joe Biden, ON VIDEO, bragging about withholding billions in loan guarantees to Ukraine unless they fired the prosecutor who was investigating irregularities with a natural gas company who had, for some reason, given Hunter Biden $3,000,000.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG, ORANGE MAN BAD!
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 05:20 PM   #4463
Eats
Developer

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4...audi-oil-sites
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:12 PM   #4464
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

There are fewer and fewer things for hard core hold-outs to cling to.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #4465
Terran
Evil Dead

"The whistleblower didn't have direct knowledge of the communications"

Quote:
Old 09-20-2019, 07:44 PM   #4466
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ld-be-on-biden

If Trump really withheld money to force Ukraine to open an investigation on Biden....that is just so dumb. It is crazy none of his advisors were able to talk him out of this.

After the whole Russia collusion thing, he just openly colluded with a foreign power on an election using the powers of the President. He did get away with all the blatant obstruction last time, but it was such a huge, negative distraction. Why would he want to dive back into all of that again. So inept...

I don't like the idea of prosecuting past presidents, but on top of this being super illegal it is also basically the government donating $250 million dollars to the Trump campaign. The FEC should go after Trump for this or else there shouldn't be rules about donations to political candidates at all.
Remember kids, getting kick backs from China is cool, as long as you're a democrat. Them evil Republicans are so evil for pointing out all the laws those on the left constantly break. Biden along with the rest of Obozo the Muslim Clown's administration all belong in Gitmo you communist fuck.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 08:12 PM   #4467
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

This makes me sad for many reasons:
1) The House of Saud is NOT our friend. We are a sliver away from being their "great satan" too. I suspect it happens as soon as we stop bribing them for friendship.

2) It says we're giving more defense contacts and weapon systems to Saudi Arabia which is a TERRIBLE idea. What happens every time we arm someone in the middle east? The arms and equipment end up being used against us or our friends.

It wouldn't surprise me to see weapons we sold here used against Israel or even Southern Europe at some point in my life.

3) It is none of our business, even if it is under "the thousands" of troops. Saudi Arabia does not have any defensive treaties with us, they aren't part of NATO, and we have no good reason to support them militarily.

We don't need their resources and it might be better for the middle east to implode BEFORE one of those bad actors get nukes, as Iran has all but stated is their intention.

4) US aid and weapons/weapon systems are going to free up Saudi Arabia's resources to continue waging a blooding and unnecessary war in Yemen. There never was a good reason to go to war in Yemen.

5) I will never trust our government again, without significant 3rd party evidence, to choose to deploy troops into the middle east. The Iraq war fiasco is too much and still way too fresh.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:54 PM   #4468
Terran
Evil Dead

Climate alarmists 0-41.
LOLOLOL.

I have shuffled them into chronological order. Citations available at the above link.

1966: Oil Gone in Ten Years
1967: Dire Famine Forecast By 1975
1968: Overpopulation Will Spread Worldwide
1969: Everyone Will Disappear In a Cloud Of Blue Steam By 1989 (1969)
1970: Ice Age By 2000
1970: America Subject to Water Rationing By 1974 and Food Rationing By 1980
1970: World Will Use Up All its Natural Resources
1970: Urban Citizens Will Require Gas Masks by 1985
1970: Nitrogen buildup Will Make All Land Unusable
1970: Decaying Pollution Will Kill all the Fish
1970s: Killer Bees!
1971: New Ice Age Coming By 2020 or 2030
1972: New Ice Age By 2070
1972: Oil Depleted in 20 Years
1974: Space Satellites Show New Ice Age Coming Fast
1974: Another Ice Age?
1974: Ozone Depletion a ‘Great Peril to Life
1976: Scientific Consensus Planet Cooling, Famines imminent
1977: Department of Energy Says Oil will Peak in 90s
1978: No End in Sight to 30-Year Cooling Trend
1980: Acid Rain Kills Life In Lakes
1980: Peak Oil In 2000
1988: Regional Droughts (that never happened) in 1990s
1988: Temperatures in DC Will Hit Record Highs
1988: Maldive Islands will Be Underwater by 2018 (they’re not)
1989: Rising Sea Levels will Obliterate Nations if Nothing Done by 2000
1989: New York City’s West Side Highway Underwater by 2019 (it’s not)
1996: Peak Oil in 2020
2000: Children Won’t Know what Snow Is
2002: Peak Oil in 2010
2002: Famine In 10 Years If We Don’t Give Up Eating Fish, Meat, and Dairy
2004: Britain will Be Siberia by 2024
2005 : Manhattan Underwater by 2015
2006: Super Hurricanes!
2008: Arctic will Be Ice Free by 2018
2008: Climate Genius Al Gore Predicts Ice-Free Arctic by 2013
2009: Climate Genius Prince Charles Says we Have 96 Months to Save World
2009: UK Prime Minister Says 50 Days to ‘Save The Planet From Catastrophe’
2009: Climate Genius Al Gore Moves 2013 Prediction of Ice-Free Arctic to 2014
2013: Arctic Ice-Free by 2015
2014: Only 500 Days Before ‘Climate Chaos’
Quote:
Old 09-22-2019, 09:26 PM   #4469
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Climate alarmists 0-41. LOLOLOL.

1988: Maldive Islands will Be Underwater by 2018 (they’re not)
1989: Rising Sea Levels will Obliterate Nations if Nothing Done by 2000
1989: New York City’s West Side Highway Underwater by 2019 (it’s not)
Apparently the most well-to-do lefties feel like something good is gunna happen, otherwise why would climate chicken little Obama buy a $15m ocean front property?

He knows something we don't, so I guess I should take my climate queues from him.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:04 PM   #4470
Eats
Developer

If global warming is a scam then why does it keep getting hotter? Global temperatures are way outside of 1 standard deviation. Sea lanes in the arctic have opened that have been closed for 1000s of years.

How did Scientists at Exxon so accurately predict current temperatures back in the 70s/80s? You are citing scientists back in the 70s predicting global warming from 50 years in the past. How is that possible if they are just making it all up? The null hypothesis is that the global temperature shouldn't be rapidly moving in one direction at all.

If your answers to these questions are to talk about what Al Gore said then your answers are nonsense. If your answers are that the earth goes through natural cycles, that doesn't explain how scientists have been predicting increasing global temperatures for 50 years. If your answer is to point to some small group of people who predicted global cooling, that doesn't accurately represent the scientific consensus that existed 50 years ago.

Whether you like it or not the theory of global warming has predictive power. You can point to specific people making hyperbolic claims, but that doesn't change the slow increase of global temperatures, which seem to be rapidly accelerating as predicted. It is foolish to ignore the overall scientific consensus and not consider the ramifications of a world that is 4-6+ degrees hotter, and that almost every animal will die if that happens.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:55 PM   #4471
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
If global warming is a scam then why does it keep getting hotter? Global temperatures are way outside of 1 standard deviation. Sea lanes in the arctic have opened that have been closed for 1000s of years.
Temperature rises aren't a scam. But the business built around AGW is. It has made many people rich and many others powerful, all on the backs of emotional useful idiots.

Quote:
How did Scientists at Exxon so accurately predict current temperatures back in the 70s/80s? You are citing scientists back in the 70s predicting global warming from 50 years in the past. How is that possible if they are just making it all up? The null hypothesis is that the global temperature shouldn't be rapidly moving in one direction at all.
So we trust Exxon?

Quote:
If your answers to these questions are to talk about what Al Gore said then your answers are nonsense. If your answers are that the earth goes through natural cycles, that doesn't explain how scientists have been predicting increasing global temperatures for 50 years. If your answer is to point to some small group of people who predicted global cooling, that doesn't accurately represent the scientific consensus that existed 50 years ago.
Al Gore is your guy and has been a major face of this movement. Don't disown him like a coward now simply because he didn't turn our to be president and he was wrong with his movie that you all gushed about when it was released. And just because the planet goes through natural cycles does not preclude people from being about to predict them. As for the lack of consensus on global cooling, climatology was a young science back then and there really wasn't a major consensus on any direction. But don't act like there weren't a goodly number of respected scientists predicting cooling because there certainly were.

Quote:
It is foolish to ignore the overall scientific consensus
Consensus doesn't make science and you can't blame people for not trusting "consensus" when it has been used to deceive people in the past such as the infamous 97% number that has been bandied about since this debate's infancy.

The bottom line is, you people have to stop being wrong on just about every major prediction you make before people will start trusting you. But you can't stop being wrong. It's like it comes natural to you.

And before you do one of your "Citation please" responses, learn to use a search engine.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:47 PM   #4472
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Whether you like it or not the theory of global warming has predictive power.
You are a dumb motherfucker. Anything has 'predictive power' if the prediction is continually the same; 'the end is nigh!' Eventually, you'll get it right! You're just batting zero percent to this point.
Quote:
Old 09-23-2019, 03:18 PM   #4473
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
So we trust Exxon?
We don't have to trust anyone.

https://www.sciencealert.com/exxon-e...t-40-years-ago

Their scientists made the prediction in 1982. It happened.

Nothing you said explained in a rational way how the scientific consensus accurately predicted 40-50 years ago that temperatures would increase and the increase would be accelerating.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:19 PM   #4474
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
You are a dumb motherfucker. Anything has 'predictive power' if the prediction is continually the same; 'the end is nigh!' Eventually, you'll get it right! You're just batting zero percent to this point.
Nothing you just said explained how the scientific consensus accurately predicted 40-50 years ago that temperatures would increase and the increase would be accelerating. Unless you can explain that it seems like you are just setting up straw men to knock down.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:25 PM   #4475
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead

One companies scientific team is very far from being a scientific consensus...And Terran just provided a whole bunch of sources showing how far off so many scientific predictions actually are...
SacredWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 03:28 PM   #4476
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Well damn. Donald Trump did in fact discuss Joe's son with the Ukraine President so there goes the "whistle-blower doesn't know anything" argument (though they clearly don't know everything, since their direct knowledge is zip even by CNNs own account).

Rudy Giuliani was apparently asked by the State Department to work as a liaison so now we know how he fits it, but it does seem a little irregular. Until you realize Trump apparently can't trust anyone.

Everyone is ready to drop trow for the MSM to get their 15 minutes or prove what a great American they are by sabotaging Trump in some way. At this rate what dirt can they possibly have for 2020?

Let's see if they take the step of releasing the transcript.

All that said, it still isn't "foreign collusion", election interference (arguably; unless they specifically discussed, in a positive manner, damaging Biden's chances with any investigation) nor do I think it is inappropriate one President would talk of such absurd levels of corruption to another President.

It may be irregular but it sure as hell ain't illegal.

At least we know it isn't a myth now, unlike the myth AGW being caused by humans.

In other news, while Conservatives picked up !50 Tons! of garbage in LA's homeless areas, making a positive impact on the environment AND helping people, the lefties held a climate protest in Washington DC.

A protest where they shut down traffic - causing untold additional amounts of carbon emissions to enter the atmosphere due to the traffic jams along with disrupting emergency services - littered, and set a big dumpster of garbage on fire... because that's a productive way to help the environment.

The left can only protest that people aren't doing the things they want done. The right just goes and does them instead of waiting.

How fucking lazy, intellectually and otherwise. Put on a hazmat suit and pick up some damn garbage or figure out how to deal with the mercury in the ocean, or the Pacific Garbage Patch.

But "Dumpster fire" is a good way to describe the current state of the left, so it was more appropriate than they may have thought.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:33 PM   #4477
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredWeasel View Post
One companies scientific team is very far from being a scientific consensus...And Terran just provided a whole bunch of sources showing how far off so many scientific predictions actually are...
Terran actually cited a bunch of non-scientific news articles from a story at breitbart, a propaganda outlet.

The IPCC was founded in 1988. Which was already 30 years ago. So how did they predict from that date?

https://www.lpl.arizona.edu/sites/de...-chapter-4.pdf

The scientific research and consensus goes back further though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...0%E2%80%931988
Old 09-23-2019, 03:44 PM   #4478
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
The left can only protest that people aren't doing the things they want done. The right just goes and does them instead of waiting.
Like repeal and replace am I right? How is that GOP healthcare proposal looking?
Old 09-23-2019, 03:44 PM   #4479
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Terran actually cited a bunch of non-scientific publications from breitbart, a propaganda outlet.
Yeah, like CNN and most of the MSM is propaganda. Be careful of wielding that brush too broadly lest you smack your hypocrite face with it.

In the meantime, bitching about the page they were posted on is a misdirection and typical.

The location of the cites is the least of your problems when there can be no doubt information is accurate and valid. They all rest in sources even you would have to consider valid because they link, in some cases, to direct statements and studies which claimed these things were sure to happen.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:49 PM   #4480
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Yeah, like CNN and most of the MSM is propaganda. Be careful of wielding that brush too broadly lest you smack your hypocrite face with it.

In the meantime, bitching about the page they were posted on is a misdirection and typical.

The location of the cites is the least of your problems when there can be no doubt information is accurate and valid. They all rest in sources even you would have to consider valid because they link, in some cases, to direct statements and studies which claimed these things were sure to happen.
I am saying that the sources breitbart is using are also not scientific journals. They are just random opinion piece articles. They do not claim to represent the scientific consensus at the time.

Also some of these disasters, like the hole in the ozone layer, were very clearly averted through government intervention.

Also overpopulation has increased at a concerning rate.