Last post by Booda
Yesterday 08:21 AM
6 Replies, 274 Views

Old 09-18-2019, 05:52 PM   #4421
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
There are no canned talking points that I am really familiar with on this issue. Reparations are like barely a real political issue and certainly not one that I think will actually ever be addressed. It has around 26% support from the electorate.

What exactly did I avoid? Only questions about the finer points of a proposal which is another conversation entirely. If you don't even agree that there is a case for reparations at all, then why talk about the minutia of a specific proposal?

What do you feel didn't get an answer? Almost all the issues you raised also apply toNative American reparations.
Your going to ignore my post aren't you?
Old 09-18-2019, 06:09 PM   #4422
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
There are no canned talking points that I am really familiar with on this issue. Reparations are like barely a real political issue and certainly not one that I think will actually ever be addressed. It has around 26% support from the electorate.

What exactly did I avoid? Only questions about the finer points of a proposal which is another conversation entirely. If you don't even agree that there is a case for reparations at all, then why talk about the minutia of a specific proposal?

What do you feel didn't get an answer? Almost all the issues you raised also apply to Native American reparations.
It's a moot point that any of them could be applied to Native Americans. I don't believe Native American reparations were a good thing and you'll find plenty of Native Americans who agree. The point is, you can have a nice feeling about some way to address justice but to ignore the practical applications of that justice are immature at best. And applying true and equal justice in this scenario will be impossible. To deny that is to deny reality.... which makes me realize that you're the perfect candidate to try.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:10 PM   #4423
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Blacks have already gotten their reparations. 70 years of Welfare. And its resulted in a generation of brain dead fucking retards who have zero hope of ever being anything but prison stats. Blacks need to be cut completely off if they want to improve. Eats, why do you continue to insist on white paternalism to solve blacks problems? Stop. As ive said, ive lived in far worse conditions than just about every black american. Being poor is really not that bad. Blacks have a systemic, generational problem, and its not racism...Many whites look up to East Asians.
I mean there isn't a lot to reply to here. Welfare isn't reparations. Blacks are American Citizens, which is something they are as entitled to as any white person. Welfare is a benefit of citizenship, and more whites receive welfare than blacks.

Quote:
Blacks need to be cut completely off if they want to improve.
The available evidence does not bear this out. It just isn't true, and is based on nothing. Starving a child isn't going to improve his life.

Quote:
ive lived in far worse conditions than just about every black american. Being poor is really not that bad.
Ok, but your ancestors wages weren't stolen for 100 years. Your parents had fair access to mortgages and wealth building opportunities. Someone always had it harder than someone else. That has nothing to do with compensating people for damages.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:16 PM   #4424
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
It's a moot point that any of them could be applied to Native Americans. I don't believe Native American reparations were a good thing and you'll find plenty of Native Americans who agree. The point is, you can have a nice feeling about some way to address justice but to ignore the practical applications of that justice are immature at best. And applying true and equal justice in this scenario will be impossible. To deny that is to deny reality.... which makes me realize that you're the perfect candidate to try.
I'm not sure what there is to say if you believe that none of the other groups should've received reparations. The fact that they did, as did many other races in similar situations, really just proves black people's point about systematic discrimination and oppression continuing to this day. Seems like they are right. I'm not really sure why you think that is ok, and that we shouldn't attempt to have similar justice for everyone.

Just because true and equal justice is impossible doesn't mean we shouldn't try.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:21 PM   #4425
RAV
Evil Dead

I actually think that most of these reparation ideas were already very bad, that most of it shouldn't have done in the first place, but it was nothing I could do about personally. I can only argue against it whenever the issue is brought up again for ever more demands. Part of it is the avalanche effect it has, as you have already pointed out: every group will point to what another got before. There is an almost infinite amount of grievances for what was done wrong to whom. I think that this argument and general idea is bad, and I think the particular problems of detail in execution are even worse, and tend to produce ever more injustice and abuse. And I think that this is all very much connected to what I talked about before, which you also avoid: there was much injustice done by this or that group itself and what are they doing to fix that in turn? it leads into an eternal cycle of resentments and mistrust to each other, instead of people moving on with their lives and making the best out of the current situation. It supposedly is meant to do justice, but brings more bad than it does good. Like so many liberal policies. whose bad effects are then further added to the list of whatever lingering effect of past injustice.

I also disagree that this goes inline with our modern way of thinking justice. In fact one of the major achievements of our society was precisely to defeat the idea of guilt by association. It focused on the individual in question. A particular person does wrong, and this particular person is brought to justice.

One of the major faults of the communist systems in the 20th century with which they justified their mass imprisonments and mass murders was precisely the idea of the privileged class and privileged race, at the core of their believe system. The soviets punished entire groups of people such as the Slavs, since they were considered a privileged people that profited under the previous system. This kind of thinking was at the heart of marxism, and caused unimaginable misery. It was the cause for ever more legal framework to punish certain groups of people with so called "reparations", and this kind of thinking just got ever so much more out of hand. Clearly the 20th century has shown just how ripe for abuse this general idea can be, and just how much death and destruction it can bring to a society, under the guise of being for a good cause. Which is also why bringing up particular details of problems in execution are so important. Of course that matters.

Wouldn't it be nice if any person just needed to snip with the fingers, and a hamburger would pop into existence in front of them and fly into their mouth. Sounds like a good general idea. No one on earth should go hungry. So why don't we have that magic? Clearly the reason must be that society just hates the poor, and don't want the starving to eat. Or maybe the reason is that there is an incredible amount of problems with the idea, nice as it may sound, and we still struggle to find an appropriate solution for that. Now also consider that if we were in fact to achieve the magic hamburger trick, would that only have positive consequences, or bring problems of its own? Like a severe spread of obesity in the population. What you may find is that in the end a lot more people will die from bad health, than they died from starvation before. Strange how it can go with "good ideas" and just wanting to be nice. There is also the reality of life and the necessity of how to keep things running.

My personal opinion is even that many people that push the hardest for reparations do not have nice intentions. They only see how bad our system is, and don't care at all how their proposals would burden the system, or if society might even break down from it in all the contention. So focused they are on their grievances of the past, that they forget what really matters for the presence and future.

Now let's zoom in more to particular problems of the idea: Our modern understanding of justice is one of the greatest and fairest achievements of all time in human history. But it is likely not what you think it is. Much of the legal framework liberals like to bring in actually undermines the core of what made the modern justice system so great.

There are actually two components to justice: properly identifying the victim, with evidence for the amount of harm done, and also properly identifying the perpetrator. And both of this is done on an individual level. There are exact persons that were being done harm to, and exact persons that did that harm, and the trial starts what justice is due, to protect social cohesion.

The problem with many of the reparation initiatives already starts with how difficult it is to identify which particular person is eligible for what amount of reparation, but it gets even worse in identifying the particular perpetrator and what justice is due. In the case of Crow for example, even if some direct victims may still be alive, are so the perpetrators? And even if, how well can the role of particular persons be identified. Whenever there are problems in clearly identifying the components, our legal system tends to rest the case, either due to lack of evidence, or to protect social cohesion. Life must go on. And there is good reasons we have it this way here. We have already seen what obsessive vengeance brings in other parts of the world.

Our legal system also knows the issue of alleviating circumstance. A judge has some leeway in speaking justice, there are minimum sentences and maximum. A judge may take into account, what good a person already has done to society, what the circumstances of the crime were, and what outlook this person has in the future. Which is why we spell softer sentences on younger people for example.

Now imagine your father or grandfather did a crime, profited from that, but are now dead. Our legal system generally avoids making their children responsible for the crime. You could make the case that their children profited from the crime in some way. Had maybe a better start in life from more money. But unless the evidence is extremely concrete, like a very concrete sum of money from the crime transferred to the bank account of the descendant, and this evidence can be accurately tracked, the case is rather rested. And with every year and every decade that passes, with ever more difficulty to bring evidence and witness, the chances for the case decrease ever further. Just a general notion of having a better life is not enough. Maybe the father bought toys for the child from that money. What now? are you going to search the possessions of it for those toys? can you track the flow of money this precisely, to determine which money was used to buy it precisely? What people can accurately judge what of your current life is owed to the deeds of your father or your own? You can see how messed up the situation is, and why we generally avoid going too deep into that end. There is a particular perpetrator and a particular victim. If the problems in identifying these are too big the case is put to rest. And what makes sense on the individual level makes even more sense on a greater social level, where things become even more fuzzy. What you call justice is really just ever more injustice.

We can also apply this thinking on current situations: you may think of particular cases of where the police has done wrong, but do you also take into account how much good the police does, or what wrong is often done to the police? For as many cases you will make against them, I can show you what wrong was done to them. When the criminal who abused, hurt or killed a police officer, was never brought to justice, how much do you feel compelled to make reparations to that police officer or his family on behalf of your supposed group? And unfortunately, certain groups of people are in fact more inclined to certain crimes. the statistics are out there. Personally I don't blame it on race. But I do blame it on failed policies specifically targeting a race. In particular failed liberal policies supposedly intended to help a people, but hurting their society more than anything.

Last edited by RAV; 09-18-2019 at 08:51 PM..
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:33 PM   #4426
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
There are actually two components to justice: properly identifying the victim, with evidence for the amount of harm done, and also properly identifying the perpetrator. And both of this is done on an individual level. There are exact persons that were being done harm to, and exact persons that did that harm, and the trial starts what justice is due, to protect social cohesion.
If you get sent to jail unjustly, it isn't the police or the prosecutor that get punished when you are exonerated. It is the government. You sue the state.

When you get sent to jail it isn't the victim that charges you with a crime. It is the state.

When equifax violated your privacy the corporation was charged with the crimes, not a person or group of people. It was an abstraction of shareholders representing millions of people.

This entire framework of yours isn't real. Entities that represent abstract groups of people are involved in almost all civil and criminal cases.

Reparations is about suing the state for gross injustice.

Quote:
When the criminal who abused, hurt of killed a police officer, was never brought to justice, how much do you feel compelled to make reparations to that police officer or his family in the name of your supposed group?
We do, acting as the state, setup financial instruments to cover that exact issue and provide reparations. So I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Last edited by Eats; 09-18-2019 at 06:45 PM..
Old 09-18-2019, 06:55 PM   #4427
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Victims of theft under Jim Crow are still alive. There is tons of documentation and evidence available to prove harm.
We aren't talking about reparations for Jim Crow, we are talking about reparations for an atrocity of chattel slavery.

If people were given the OK to ask for reparations for society for unjust laws the Irish, German, Dutch, and the Chinese should also be eligible for "reparations" since all of those populations have also been impacted by unjust laws specifically targeted to them.

That said, under Ye Olde Jim Crow Blacks were successful with a fatherless rate so low it put whites to shame. It showed in the reported strength of their communities and their progress through the 20th century. Until it didn't.

At the same time racism, particularly among Whites has been drastically slashed. Things should have only gotten better, so what happened?

Quote:
These kind of specific proposals are not really my point. That is a much larger discussion that is a lot harder to address. My point is that providing some form of reparations is reasonable.
If a case can be made that people have provable specific examples of how they were individually impacted by Slavery rather than "society" or some boogeyman of "systemic racism" then let's hear it.

I would entertain reparations for someone who can:
1) Definitely trace a specific harm some African Tribal war or raid which
2) Lead to the capture of of one of their ancestors who were then
3) Sold to slavers upon which they
4) Were transported across the ocean,
5) Then sold as a chattel slave
6) Eventually ended up as the bloodline of the line of the person making the claim.
7) And that series of events has a measurable, marked negative impact on their life in 2019 than if 1 - 6 had never occurred.

Quote:
Considering black people are jailed six times more often for drug crimes even though we know they use drugs at the same rate as whites I think it is clear that there are systemic issues that make what you are saying at best a wash.
Irrelevant and misleading. Sure looks impressive on the surface however studies show black people LIE about their drug use at a much higher rate as well.

This isn't the only study, there are others that test different demographics but I thought the one about Welfare recipiants lying would probably be ignored right out. So off to www.duckduckgo.com you go.

In addition black people are more often involved with crimes - particularly violent crimes - out of proportion to their population % such that it isn't surprising a criminal arrested for a violent crime might also have several other charges applied against them. If they are found to be in possession of drugs so much the worse for them. Again, www.duckduckgo.com is your friend, there are a number of reputable studies even you would have to agree with.

Get your education, get a job, get married THEN have kids instead of having 73% of black children without fathers for whatever reason. This is the recipe to follow for every race. Oh, I guess it DOESN'T go without saying you should probably obey the law and not rob, murder, assault, use or sell drugs, and so on.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:59 PM   #4428
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Just because true and equal justice is impossible doesn't mean we shouldn't try.
More liberal feelings from your embracing of the whole 1619 bullshit. Don't tell me we try. Tell me how. Trying often has catastrophic results when you don't have a how in mind. Also, you're talking about a state that is made up of and funded by people who, by and large, have no relation to those responsible in the first place. And it's also a state and populace that fought and sacrificed quite a lot to bring this injustice to a close.

How about this? The Democrat party was the party of slavery. How about we have the DNC pay the reparations you're suggesting?
Old 09-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #4429
RAV
Evil Dead

No eats, my framework is the realest, and the very foundation of our modern justice system. Your abstractions are the ones getting more and more unreal.
If anything there are more components to the issue than any one of us can show alone.

So if your father did a crime, just how much are you to be charged with it? How much are you obligated by law to make good on it?
If you did a crime, how much is your father to be charged. These problems are real. And generally, this is a real concern that is constantly undermined by your mindset.

Everything has limits eats, and people like you constantly push it, in their abstractions. We have seen in the 20th century what this brings. Marxists were masters of abstractions when it came to guilt of group, who is to be held responsible for what as a group, and how are you obligated by the state to pay for it. That is the issue of your idea, and why it doesn't compare to your other examples: not a person suing the state or a company or some such entitity, but the state effectively suing the greater population by these reparations. The result of this way of thinking was death on massive scale. And there is actually a logical chain of thought in that, just where this road leads if you go down further and further on it with your abstractions. I fundamentally mistrust your type of abstractions, and I do not agree with many of the policies of how our legal system has been undermined by your type of mindset.

What actually matters to any kind of idea, is concrete application in scope, with details of execution. I may be willing to give some ground on the issues like suing the state or a company. But the moment this abstraction gets out of hand, and the scope widens on an entire people and all of history, I have little patience for this, for I know well what harm it has caused.

Really eats, no, you are not doing enough, not enough at all, to live up to your own abstract standards of what you wish to behold others to. I am sure there were many people that would love to get some more reparations from you. Fix your own damn life, before you go about fixing others. And whatever you think is right for you, is none of my business anyway, and I don't wish to be dragged into it. You feel the need for reparations, go ahead and do it. I will decide for myself where my responsibilities are, and how I do good to people I have a relation with.

When watching historical material of people around the world throughout history, and what they have done all over the world on every continent throughout all time, my motivation for reparations is very thin indeed, especially towards people that do nothing but talk about what was done wrong to them, but hardly ever talk about what they have done wrong.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:14 PM   #4430
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I generally agree with what you are saying, but it is strange that Black people didn't get any kind of reparations for slavery when Hawaiians did, Native Americans did, Japanese and their descendants did for internment camps(from Reagan), Jews did after WW2.

Doesn't seem fair, especially for the more recent very provable land thefts with fake tax bills during Jim Crow, and really a lot of other things during Jim Crow that happened to people who are still alive.

If the issue is this would cost too much money it could be other things, like low interest loans or access to USAA banks or something. Additional representation in Congress. There are lots of potential solutions.

It is hard to look at this and all the other groups that did receive reparations and not think that what has happened was at least partially driven by racism.
You know what's also strange? That practically zero black people alive today suffered any iota of slavery, yet idiots like you believe they're owed something due to skin pixelation.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:08 PM   #4431
Eats
Developer

Quote:
No eats, my framework is the realest, and the very foundation of our modern justice system. Your abstractions are the ones getting more and more unreal.
If anything there are more components to the issue than any one of us can show alone.

So if your father did a crime, just how much are you to be charged with it? How much are you obligated by law to make good on it?
If you did a crime, how much is your father to be charged. These problems are real. And generally, this is a real concern that is constantly undermined by your mindset.

Everything has limits eats, and people like you constantly push it, in their abstractions. We have seen in the 20th century what this brings. Marxists were masters of abstractions when it came to guilt of group, who is to be held responsible for what as a group, and how are you obligated by the state to pay for it. That is the issue of your idea, and why it doesn't compare to your other examples: not a person suing the state or a company or some such entitity, but the state effectively suing the greater population by these reparations. The result of this way of thinking was death on massive scale. And there is actually a logical chain of thought in that, just where this road leads if you go down further and further on it with your abstractions. I fundamentally mistrust your type of abstractions, and I do not agree with many of the policies of how our legal system has been undermined by your type of mindset.

What actually matters to any kind of idea, is concrete application in scope, with details of execution. I may be willing to give some ground on the issues like suing the state or a company. But the moment this abstraction gets out of hand, and the scope widens on an entire people and all of history, I have little patience for this, for I know well what harm it has caused.

Really eats, no, you are not doing enough, not enough at all, to live up to your own abstract standards of what you wish to behold others to. I am sure there were many people that would love to get some more reparations from you. Fix your own damn life, before you go about fixing others. And whatever you think is right for you, is none of my business anyway, and I don't wish to be dragged into it. You feel the need for reparations, go ahead and do it. I will decide for myself where my responsibilities are, and how I do good to people I have a relation with.

When watching historical material of people around the world throughout history, and what they have done all over the world on every continent throughout all time, my motivation for reparations is very thin indeed, especially towards people that do nothing but talk about what was done wrong to them, but hardly ever talk about what they have done wrong.

What you are saying is so vague and strange and not describing America. When a cop is shot in the line of duty they get reparations from the state. Same with FEMA and disaster relief, 9/11 victims funds, Injured vets. All of these are the government "suing the population". Same thing when a state worker abuses someone in the line of duty, or someone is wrongfully imprisoned. The state having civil liability is like the bedrock of how America functions.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:11 PM   #4432
Eats
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
More liberal feelings from your embracing of the whole 1619 bullshit. Don't tell me we try. Tell me how. Trying often has catastrophic results when you don't have a how in mind. Also, you're talking about a state that is made up of and funded by people who, by and large, have no relation to those responsible in the first place. And it's also a state and populace that fought and sacrificed quite a lot to bring this injustice to a close.

How about this? The Democrat party was the party of slavery. How about we have the DNC pay the reparations you're suggesting?
I have no idea what 1619 is. Also that is not how the government works. When the democrats are elected they are acting as the state because we, the people, elected them. The liability falls to the state. What you are describing is not how things work.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:40 PM   #4433
RAV
Evil Dead

These cases are much better defined than what you have brought up earlier. And not all the cases are in fact just winked through on very general notions of injustice. They too have higher standards of practical evidence and by case analysis. Not general programs of large scale reparations on very vaguely defined terms. They are still as specific and limited as possible. This is the real question, a sufficiently limited scope, well defined evidence of the problem, and a more recent and relevant timeframe which makes questions of causations sufficiently reasonable. But your general idea, as you put it earlier, while avoiding any concrete issues in detail, is the one that's been most vague here. Because this is what you do. You take these defined problems here and push it further and further out, with who is responsible and who is eligible for what. What you've been describing is not America either in my view. You hide behind civil service issues here, and try to legitimize with that your further abstractions. Obviously there is a spectrum of how far you can take the concept of group responsibility. On one hand we have our civil legal cases here, and on the other we have what happened in the Soviet Union. And what I argue is that you move in your general ideas more and more from our legal cases here, to the situation in socialist countries, that I don't want here. We have seen what this way of thinking leads to if you push it further and further. It wasn't just their economic ideas that caused the misery. It was most of all their ideas of "justice", guilt by group, payment for the past, etc. As you may have noticed, people seem to have different ideas what America or Western civilization is about. Clearly there have always been forces pushing in different directions. I have never agreed with your type of thinking, be it now, or back in time, and never will. This is not what this civilization means to me. I don't want to see our core model of justice more and more transformed to the commie shit that brought so much misery to people, by constantly pushing out the scope of who is to be blamed for what, in your general ideas. You are part of the forces that will forever try to push our legal system to guilt by group and "include" as much as you can, and I am part of the forces that will always strife to limit the scope more towards the individual. Individualism has been the corner stone of modern civilization, not collectivism. Be it in economic terms or legal terms. You are trying to further and further collectivize guilt and responsibility, and I will always work against that.

Last edited by RAV; 09-18-2019 at 10:23 PM..
Old 09-19-2019, 04:20 AM   #4434
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
If you get sent to jail unjustly, it isn't the police or the prosecutor that get punished when you are exonerated. It is the government. You sue the state.

When you get sent to jail it isn't the victim that charges you with a crime. It is the state.

When equifax violated your privacy the corporation was charged with the crimes, not a person or group of people. It was an abstraction of shareholders representing millions of people.

This entire framework of yours isn't real. Entities that represent abstract groups of people are involved in almost all civil and criminal cases.

Reparations is about suing the state for gross injustice.
You're aware that police, prosecutors, and employees of companies like Equifax can be help personally liable civilly and/or criminally for "unjustly" activities, right?
Former Texas police officer found guilty of murder in death of teenager Jordan Edwards
Quote:
Jordan was shot to death on April 29, 2017, when officers responded to a late-night house party in Balch Springs, a suburb southeast of Dallas.

During the trial, Officer Tyler Gross, Oliver's partner that night, testified that when he and Oliver arrived at the scene he spotted a car full of people outside the house apparently attempting to drive away.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:33 AM   #4435
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
I have no idea what 1619 is. Also that is not how the government works. When the democrats are elected they are acting as the state because we, the people, elected them. The liability falls to the state. What you are describing is not how things work.
No no, lets get specific. We know that the Democrats were the party of slavery and that the Republicans were founded to end it. So no need to punish everyone, right? After all, Oskar Schindler was a member of the Nazi party but we didn't hang him after the Nuremburg trials.

(FYI I'm being tongue in cheek about your progression of thoughts.)

Anyway, neither I nor anyone alive today elected anyone who enacted slavery. Not a single member of my lineage was in this country for slavery (though they were here to receive some of that 'Irish need not apply' treatment.) You can say that I indirectly benefited from the fruits of slavery because that's apparently how this country was built (hence the 1619 project I referenced. Don't be lazy. Use a search engine.) But you can also say the same for all people in our country now, including blacks. Sure, you can say that they also suffer due to lingering effects of slavery, but as RAV has continually stated, you need to quantify that suffering and directly link it to slavery before you start handing out more benefits. But you have not proposed a single workable idea for how we deal with this. 'What you are describing is not how things work.'

Last edited by Chief Smash; 09-19-2019 at 04:45 AM..
Old 09-19-2019, 03:42 PM   #4436
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
I mean there isn't a lot to reply to here. Welfare isn't reparations. Blacks are American Citizens, which is something they are as entitled to as any white person. Welfare is a benefit of citizenship, and more whites receive welfare than blacks.
Money is money. You are characterizing reparations as some sort of prize for blacks that are no longer alive ensuring slavery. Blacks have been paid back, they pissed it away while yelling racism. Typical.

Quote:
The available evidence does not bear this out. It just isn't true, and is based on nothing. Starving a child isn't going to improve his life.
Maybe not, but it does improve mine over time.
Of course we feed everyone. But that's where it ends...

Quote:
Ok, but your ancestors wages weren't stolen for 100 years. Your parents had fair access to mortgages and wealth building opportunities. Someone always had it harder than someone else. That has nothing to do with compensating people for damages.
Yet here i am, i started from ground zero. Now excuse em while i boo and hoo all the live long day. You are vastly overstating white nepotism. Whaddya think we are, Jews?

I will say though, ive seen your kind before. Your arguments are well laid out and appear to be based in common sense. Believing your own horse shit really does go a long way to tricking others to go along.

Your not getting my money dawg, i was left was nothing.
Tell ya what though, i'll trade ya reparations for freedom of association laws. Id give up 1K a year for the rest of my life for that. Totally worth the price of admission.

Blacks are American citizens, right? This is why blacks will never get reparations. The powers that be saw fit to integrate blacks rather than segregate. So, in closing, blacks got invited to the best golf course on earth, and unceremoniously pissed on it. Typical.

The democrats really did a number on blacks, didn't they?

Last edited by blackzc; 09-19-2019 at 03:55 PM..
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:42 PM   #4437
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
I have no idea what 1619 is
Project 1619 is an attempt at revisionist history by the NYT and other "mainstream" (but clearly very far-left) influencers calling to date the actual founding of the USA in the year 1619, rather than 1776 when the USA claimed independence.

The date is supposedly significant as it is apparently the year African Chattel Slavery made it to an American settlement. Right away the lunacy is apparent. First, prior to 1776 all Anglo settlements in the colonies were British Settlements until 1776. And this ignores that slaves, much less African Slaves had been present in the western hemisphere and on the shores of the continent long before they made it to the towns in any of the (then) British colonies.

The many Native American tribes, much less the Meso-American cultures had a grand tradition of enslaving populations which grew to include all races which eventually showed up in the New World. Read up on how, even as late as the 16th century, the Aztecs engaged in ritual war so they could capture slaves for later human sacrifice. 80,000 slaves and captives were killed through human sacrifice in one particularly awesome Aztec kegger in the 14th Century.

One other point of fact. This hatred of white people by black people, saying they were mistreated by the "empire" and therefore need to see compensation and reparations isn't limited to the US.

Look at the racial hatred of blacks in Britain toward whites. As far as they are concerned by persons such as very privileged and affluent Munroe Bergdorf:

Quote:
all white people partake in racial violence... you have built your ‘existence, privilege and success’ on ‘the backs, blood and death of people of colour’
And this is in the Britain, one of the first countries to ban chattel slavery who then spent the next half-century in non-stop Anti-Slavery naval operations in the Atlantic!

They aren't perfect, as their record in Kenya, India, and so on show but I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their acceptance of blacks but nobody escapes the lasers of the "oppressed" and their supporters, especially when there is money or status on the line.

EDIT: Added a link to an editorial about Munroe Bergdorf, the source of the quote.

Last edited by vallor; 09-19-2019 at 04:54 PM..
Old 09-19-2019, 07:16 PM   #4438
blackzc
Evil Dead

Blacks just do not like whites. Having lived in poor black areas a few times as a kid i got to see first hand the contempt they had for me. Sure i had a few black friends and got along great but thats kids, things change when you get older. And thats when i put it all together about how the older ones felt.

I really do think that forced integration has been a nightmare. Its ruined the communities of many whites AND blacks. America is nothing but a collection of diaspora trying to make money now. Yeah, the well off will larp like as if they have a culture and community but its really fake and is fooling no one.

Eats thinks money fixes things. It fixes nothing. We live in a country where you can be black, work part time and raise and family. Its blacks and the lefts fault who wont allow blacks be held accountable. If crime were dealt with justly there would be no reason to (get out da hood). I love the old neighborhood i grew up in.

Dumb fucks, lets destroy our home, then bitch about how we have to leave. How about take care of what you have and demand that crime be dealt with? Let the cops profile, hard sentences, foot patrols, broken window policing ect...
Old 09-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #4439
Eats
Developer

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ld-be-on-biden

If Trump really withheld money to force Ukraine to open an investigation on Biden....that is just so dumb. It is crazy none of his advisors were able to talk him out of this.

After the whole Russia collusion thing, he just openly colluded with a foreign power on an election using the powers of the President. He did get away with all the blatant obstruction last time, but it was such a huge, negative distraction. Why would he want to dive back into all of that again. So inept...

I don't like the idea of prosecuting past presidents, but on top of this being super illegal it is also basically the government donating $250 million dollars to the Trump campaign. The FEC should go after Trump for this or else there shouldn't be rules about donations to political candidates at all.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:09 PM   #4440
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Democrat 2020 Presidential Candidates, fresh off their climate change town hall where they spent 7 hours in part decrying the damage consuming Animal products is doing to the environment are getting ready to head to the Iowa "Steak Fry" to campaign.

This is an event which has sourced over 10,000 steaks and more chicken than even that to ensure there is enough of the evil animal products to consume.

This year, however, they will have a vegan option for Sen. Cory Booker.