4 Replies, 261 Views
» Promotion

Old 09-08-2017, 02:53 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Blizzard Will Open Its Own Esports Arena Next Month

Eurogamer has the story.

Quote:
Blizzard has announced it will open its own esports arena on 7th October.

The Blizzard Arena Los Angeles will be "a cutting-edge live-event destination for pro players, esports fans, and everyone else who loves premier competition". The arena, situated in Burbank Studios, has been customised to support "an exciting live-event experience" for "pro players, esports fans, and everyone else who loves premier competition".

The venue boasts multiple sound stages, control room and practice facilities and was built to support competitive events all year round. It will also have a Blizzard retail store that rotates its stock based on competitions taking place.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Fuck Blizzard and Fuck Overwatch.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:04 PM   #3
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Fuck Blizzard and Fuck Overwatch.
I'll take it one further. Fuck Western devs in particular until they renounce liberalism and accept Hitler into their hearts.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:01 PM   #4
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Fuck Overwatch.
I thought you loved Overwatch?
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:14 PM   #5
Paranoia
Evil Dead

Fuck Esports.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:59 PM   #6
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I broke the TOS on their forums site complaining about the game and got banned.

I had this really long, and quite frankly pathetic diatribe written out that I just deleted but that statement is all you really need to know. It's rather embarrassing.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:02 AM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I broke the TOS
So you had an opinion and they dropped the gaming equivalent of an atomic bomb on you. You're right, I agree with your sentiment. Fuck 'em.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #8
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:

I had this really long, and quite frankly pathetic diatribe written out that I just deleted but that statement is all you really need to know. It's rather embarrassing.
Tell us of your forum faggotry! TELL US TELL US TELL US!
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #9
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
That's actually pretty amazing.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:28 PM   #10
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
That's actually pretty amazing.
Before I tell you of my gay escapades trolling the Blizzard forums, know that the reason they banned me is shit and an outright lie. I'll be posting soon, afk.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:42 PM   #11
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Here, I'll embarrass myself.

1) I'm a normal player in Overwatch. I sometimes rage quit, I sometimes talk shit, but trust me when I say it's because I enjoy it. I just like fucking with people, even my wife, my kids, my family and anyone else that I can't find enough control not to do it to. But I love the game and I try to help the new guys, make friends and rank up, in that order.

2) Although I've been playing the game for over a year without many issues I started encountering some this summer, specifically a "3d rendering device lost" error that started affecting my Exp and Rank (-75% XP per match, which grows by double each game crash) so after just a few crashes trying new settings (disabled crossfire, rolling back drivers), the number of game crashes brought me to 30+ some future games with -75% XP. And any further recent disconnects or crashes bringing with it banned competitive play. Well, I tried a final setting change and gave it one more shot. 30 games were already down the tube as it were.

3) So,I log in and start a competitive search. I ended up on attack, moonbase alpha. I notice immediately that there were no other stars (no prestiges other than my four star). I then ask everyone to pick a character and I'll fill in, sensing a need to assist the fucking noobs who were totally about to disappoint me in their ability to play like a team. For those who don't know Overwatch takes some time to learn how to play like a team, at least 100 hours, but feels more like 200 IMO.

4) Everyone picks a character, and I'm just about to make my pick to fill in and then I'm kicked by the game for inactivity. I'm kicked DURING the character select screen before the match has even started or the doors have been opened.

5) Because of the previous punishments from the "3d rendering device lost" error, I'm now banned from playing the game for two hours and lose something like 70 points in rank.

6) I posted on the official forums and even further embarrassed myself. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...9105905?page=2

7) But what these fuckers don't get is that I have legitimate claims against how this game is punishing me while I have opened tickets with support, and on many other bugs as well been affected by this punishment rules. Why am I being punished in a game I'm supposed to be playing for fun, btw? Anyways..

8) You can see that I swore off the game and have uninstalled it. Fuck it. Now that I look back on it, if a game is making me act like a little bitch then I shouldn't be playing it. It's probably unhealthy at this point.

9) So they closed the thread, and then I get this in the 'ole inbox.

10) Boycott? Did I call for a boycott? Or are they labeling my words to match some punishable forum rule offense in order to ban me?

In any case, I overreacted and now am forced to live with my childish behavior. But still, they do a SHITTY job of rolling out and testing changes as the multitudes of forum threads will attest. And now I have proof they try to stifle dissent and outright lie about punishment.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:11 PM   #12
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
And now I have proof they try to stifle dissent and outright lie about punishment.
Not surprised at all. Fuck 'em.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:13 PM   #13
Rommel
International Playboy

drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:57 AM   #14
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

"There's no conspiracy to stifle criticism" is the best way to sum this up.

Have you been to a Blizzard forum before? Pick a game: Most of the posts will be bitching, pissing and moaning about said game. It's always predominantly "criticism" (and I use the term fairly loosely in this case). For a great example, visit the WoW forum any time they change anything.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:40 AM   #15
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

My experience with Heroes of the Storm is that it is almost impossible to get anywhere. Every time I get a few matches ahead, I get matched up with a bunch of scrubs (including some people who are still doing their placement matches) and suddenly I'm down 3 losses and back to being a rank below where I was.

I can only figure that people who make it to higher ranks are padding their scores by playing together as a team and/or having people on the other teams go ahead and throw matches. I certainly see a lot of people out there who go out of their way to not play as a team and literally work to try to lose a match. I can only imagine those are throw-away accounts people are using to help a buddy climb the ladder or are just bots that people are using to farm for items.

It's a craphole for sure and I have moved on to other games for a while because at least I can get some enjoyment and some Trophies for playing Middle Earth or Destiny 2 or any of the other games on my to-be-played pile.

I like the game, but the community is a bunch of toxic children who throw tantrums if you aren't playing up to their expectations (which is absurd because if they were decent players they wouldn't be in the Bronze rank in the first place).
Old 09-10-2017, 06:09 PM   #16
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
My experience with OVERWATCH is that it is almost impossible to get anywhere. Every time I get a few matches ahead, I get matched up with a bunch of scrubs (including some people who are still doing their placement matches) and suddenly I'm down 3 losses and back to being a rank below where I was.

I can only figure that people who make it to higher ranks are padding their scores by playing together as a team and/or having people on the other teams go ahead and throw matches. I certainly see a lot of people out there who go out of their way to not play as a team and literally work to try to lose a match. I can only imagine those are throw-away accounts people are using to help a buddy climb the ladder or are just bots that people are using to farm for items.

It's a craphole for sure and I have moved on to other games for a while because at least I can get some enjoyment and some Trophies for playing Middle Earth or Destiny 2 or any of the other games on my to-be-played pile.

I like the game, but the community is a bunch of toxic children who throw tantrums if you aren't playing up to their expectations (which is absurd because if they were decent players they wouldn't be in the Bronze rank in the first place).
FTFY, as it's my same experience
Old 09-10-2017, 06:17 PM   #17
Major Dan
Conductor Dan

I sucked with the beta so I skipped it, but loved and was pretty darn good at the universally panned Battleborn, so there is that. lol.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:29 PM   #18
blackzc
Evil Dead

It used to cost a bit of money to play online via PC. This kept out the bullshit. BF2 / FEAR were the last games i remember not being full of fucktards and hacks.

What needs to come back is a high barrier of entry. iRacing comes to mind, its expensive and requires real skill and consistency over a long period of time to progress. Another one is Reality Mod for BF2. You have to commit.

This is really the only way to enjoy multiplayer without all the faggotry.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:56 AM   #19
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
This is really the only way to enjoy multiplayer without all the faggotry.
Local multiplayer can achieve that. Unless you're gay and hanging with your gay friends. Then you're out of luck, lol.

Tags
blizzard, blizzard entertainment, overwatch, starcraft 2