Today 04:15 PM
11 Replies, 634 Views
» Promotion

Old 09-11-2017, 08:02 PM   #21
Wizzkidd
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Who is making the copyright claims? NWA? haha.

Its about time to bust up google. Their agenda is in their algorithms. Its so easy to see.
It's nice and warm over here in BING land!
Old 09-11-2017, 10:18 PM   #22
Paranoia
Evil Dead

I hear more N word is used in just about every PUBG, GTAV.

The SJW simply made it a big issue because they hate the way Felix command an audience that SJW journos desperately need.

Also, DMCA move was a dick move by Firewatch developer, who happens to be a big fan of Sarkeesian.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:45 AM   #23
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I think the lesson to learn here is that you can use the word in an adult conversation around here and it will not get you banned, unlike just about any other video game website on the planet.

Obviously, I would prefer people not throw it around casually because it can be offensive to a lot of people and I wouldn't want to alienate new readers, but I'm not going on a ban spree if someone drops a bad word now and then.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:47 AM   #24
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

PdP is the most annoying of asshats, why are people still watching him anyway?
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:52 AM   #25
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1985 View Post
What is the word for when the answer to a question is contained in the question? Retorical.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:15 AM   #26
Juan
Evil Dead

SJW's will now proceed to destroy this mans career/ life over his single use of a word they do not like.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:01 AM   #27
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
SJW's will now proceed to destroy this mans career/ life over his single use of a word they do not like.
It wont happen. He's too big. His fans will destroy whoever tries. They tried when he did the jew stuff, it had no effect.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:42 AM   #28
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1985 View Post
People are still watching as he's, supposedly, an okay guy. He's clever, switched on to things and can be damn funny. Plus it's a choice to do so. But... he can mess up which is dramatically human of him. thankfully he's not killed any puppies or stolen a child.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:12 AM   #29
Cranium
Lord

Well, there's no doubts that afro-americans have made the N-word their own, changing the original meaning of the word, as propagated by slave-owners or whomever first started using it. Whites using it will make you question whether they're referring to the new form or the old for sure and PdP's tying it to being "an asshole" doesn't improve the issue in this case, but by now the term's so widespread in popular culture that imo it comes across as more of a modern culture derivative, than any heartfelt racial prejudice on his part. White people wish they had a fam-word strong as nigger. We don't.
Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:49 AM   #30
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

I'm looking forward to when the days of Star Trek is actually real where stuff like this isn't a thing.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:51 AM   #31
ashikenshin
Subscriber

getting offended by words is stupid.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:30 AM   #32
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

Ooh eck! Starts to watch... Pewds reply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLdxuaxaQwc

An apology. No excuses. He's not tried to dodge, escape, or change what he said. Takes a realistic person to actually apologise. Life can now move on.

But it won't. The feeders will want more flesh.
excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:46 AM   #33
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Never apologize to SJWs. Seems pew didn't get the memo
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:49 AM   #34
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

A Swede says something racist. I AM SHOCKED. Next you're going to tell me water is wet.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:02 AM   #35
VIVIsectVI
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolgar View Post
Pretty sure DMCA doesn't have a "butthurt" clause for reason for a takedown. Abusing the broken DMCA system really needs to get your ass fined. What's next? Are SJW devs gonna DDoS and SWAT people? Cause I can totally see that.

If you wanna police words, you need a better avenue than copyright. Inb4 "but meh distribution rights!"
This, especially when the Firewatch Dev says, on their website, that streaming their games is encouraged (http://www.firewatchgame.com/about/#streaming)
VIVIsectVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #36
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
A Swede says something racist. I AM SHOCKED.
That's racist! /s

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVIsectVI View Post
This, especially when the Firewatch Dev says, on their website, that streaming their games is encouraged (http://www.firewatchgame.com/about/#streaming)
Decampo double downed on this by saying that they were too complacent in allowing people to do whatever and say whatever they wanted to. As much as I hate PewDiePie, I do not want to see DMCA being used as a vehicle to censor speech or criticism. You either apply the DMCA universally to protect your brand, or you do not. Don't use DMCA when someone says something that you do not like, use the tools which are already provided such as reporting the video to YouTube, requesting that the video be edited or removed by the creator, asking people to not watch the video, etc.
LostToys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:26 AM   #37
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
What is the word for when the answer to a question is contained in the question? Retorical.
I guess I just don't get why people who are annoying and produce way too much noise would want to spend all that time with others who do the same thing. Don't you eventually get tired? I mean sure, you might wanna do it to celebrate something or whatever, but why spend hours a day listening to a guy who's essentially running fingers across a chalkboard? Recognition only goes so far after all.

I've a cousin who watches the guy almost non-stop and who keeps sending me his videos and I just wish he wouldn't.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:51 PM   #38
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I think it's funny that Decampo chooses now to virtue signal. He didn't care about nazis and jews controversy but using the n-word... well that's his bridge too far!

Either that or Firewatch sales have been lagging and he needed a sales spike bad. Why not use this as a chance to get the name of his game back into the conversation to drum up some interest? Of course we know most SJWs who are bent out of shape over these things don't actually play games they just get offended on behalf of people they think should be offended.

Anyway, PdP did the right thing. He took responsibility publicly and with humility and, I believe, sincerity.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:15 PM   #39
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
I think it's funny that Decampo chooses now to virtue signal. He didn't care about nazis and jews controversy but using the n-word... well that's his bridge too far!

For some reason Pat and Ian were more upset about this that the previous things hes done, which imo were much worse. Ian was all torn up, cussing and shit. Why did they even bring this shit up? Because PDP pays games? Not really, not lately...

Im getting so sick of these video game e celebs and their views on things poltical. I guess there is really no one to listen to anymore. Retrogaming roundup is the only long running game podcast that is worth a dam that leans conservative/libertarian.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:28 PM   #40
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I don't think Pewdiepie hits politics much in his videos. I am not a regular watcher but he usually only does it when politics pushes its way forcibly into his face.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pewdiepie