1 Replies, 134 Views
【WE'RE BACK!】RECENT GAME...
Last post by PacerDawn
Yesterday 11:34 AM
6 Replies, 321 Views

Old 04-13-2019, 03:50 AM   #1
eth3rton
Evil Dead

Post something good you found on YouTube!

Post something good you found on YouTube! List some of your favorite channels?

I am convinced that when they find the end of the Black Hole they're talking about it will lead them right to our side in YouTubes server farm! It IS the Black Hole.

Tag it NSFW and/or if the thumbnail is inappropriate please just link it instead.

(not that I can currently figure out how to embed a damn video...lol)

The Black Hole Picture, Explained By Astrophysicists | WIRED
eth3rton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:55 AM   #2
Terran
Evil Dead

Gotta go with Metal Jesus Rocks for starters.

Check out Black Beard Projects, especially his metal restorations. Amazing stuff!

hickok45 tests weapons.

Deep Look has interesting science videos.

Torbj÷rn ┼hman is a great blacksmith.

Travel Thirsty for unusual foods and their prep.

Lots more, but that's good for now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:36 AM   #3
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Townsends Mostly about cooking in the 18th century.

The Proper People Amateur photographers explore abandoned places around the world. There's a million similar channels but they are the best.

ICARUSLIV3S
Primarily covers classic Doom mods/TCs. My favorite Doom channel.

GManLives (formerly gggmanlives) Game reviewer who covers old and new stuff.

GoodBadFlicks Reviews lesser known 80s movies with the occasional new release.

Cowboy Kent Rollins
Another food channel but this time about southwestern American cooking. Also the guy is kinda funny and is a dead ringer for my fiance's dad.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:39 AM   #4
RAV
Evil Dead

RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:58 PM   #5
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Same. I also like Aden Films as well for their relaxing (kind of ASMR) effect. Who knew that hearing food sizzle, pepper grind, and metal spatulas on steel would have such a relaxing effect? Then again, I didn't think a hair dryer could either, but what do I know?

Matt Christiansen is my favorite news commentary channel. Unfortunately he only does two videos a week, but they are usually really good. He also does a call-in show every Wednesday as well at 9pm EST which I have been calling in to recently as a character and doing jokes (for example). (I'm thinking of starting a YouTube for that character as well...)

I watch wrestling, so I like Wrestletalk for news and Being The Elite for entertainment.

I think Internet Historian is hilarious, though he doesn't post videos nearly enough. He has a second channel as well.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:49 PM   #6
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Would Jess Greenberg be appropriate here?
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:21 PM   #7
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I am a fan of Matt Christensen too. But outside of political Youtube here are some of my favorite channels and why.

One that enthralls me when I need something primordial is Ants Canada.

I think the guy who runs it lives in the Philippines and he only releases one video a week but he has 7 or 8 different and colonies each with it’s own features as well as some other insects and arachnids.

Last episodes I watched he just raised 8 Rhino Beatles for Olympic Games of some sort and one of his red ant colony called The Savage De Felguo, and Yellow Crazy ants in the Golden Kingdom and Dracula Ants.

He can get annoying with his “You’ll never guess what happened next!” script and cliffhangers but it is pretty interesting to watch.

I think this goes to the first video. If not go to the main page and there’s a playlist to click on. There’s some pretty decent plot lines you don’t want to start halfway through like when disease starts in one of the colonies and his attempts to save them.

Speaking of creepy crawlies, this guy named Coyote Petersen seems to have taken up part of Steve Irwin’s mantle except he isn’t smart. He goes around looking for anything that bites or stings and then... lets it bite or sting him and films his reaction.

I think it is the go to channel for people who are too squeamish for Dr. Pimple Popper but doesn’t mind watching the stupid guy get exactly what he asks for.

Before I got into computers and gaming I was was headed for a craftsman field and pretty skilled around a shop and tools and I like seeing what craftsmen do these days. Restoration, homemade firearms, how to make “anything”, and woodworking and blacksmithing.

Here are some selections:

I think someone already put the king of random up, but just in case:

More cool workshop smithing stuff from this guy who doesn’t really do anything too out there but has a higher level of charisma than a lot of the other blacksmith folks out there:

He did a Damascus Viking axe which sold me.

Then there is this guy who uses UV hardening resin on a lot of projects. The channel is Japanese but he never says a word, there is usually not much more than the sound of whatever he is doing. He also makes up these very nonsensical bits like he might want to test something he just made and for some reason the thing he needs is an action figure he stored under his sink? So there is an interlude where he goes to the kitchen sink and retrieves whatever nonsense thing is under the sink. I dunno, I just go with it, it is Japanese.

And then some other strange science stuff cause science is awesome. As, I think it was Arthur C. Clarke said, any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. And some of this stuff is fucking strange. And this channel does a lot of strange ones.

Finally, one of my favorite channels, like a guilty pleasure is called Freakin Reviews. It’s a guy in Las Vegas that goes out and buys a lot of as seen on TV and gadget reviews then tests them in the real world. Surprisingly some of it actually does. I was follower 700 and he now is over like 300k so he’s doing pretty good (but I think his wife left him, too bad for her!).

EDIT: Fixed Links

Last edited by vallor; 04-16-2019 at 12:05 AM..
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:03 AM   #8
RAV
Evil Dead

Old 04-17-2019, 04:08 PM   #9
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Those scissors do appear to cut the pizza well, but it looks like it would take forever and get messy.

I worked for Pizza Hu (the light for the last "t" was always out, so it looked like a Chinese restaurant) back in my college days and I can tell you right now he's using that rocker blade wrong. You don't stick it in and wiggle it, like you did with your prom date. You ROCK it, like I did with your prom date. That's why it's called a ROCKER blade.

Wheel blades and scissors can snag or cut unevenly. Rocker blades make a perfect cut almost every time.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:49 PM   #10
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
Those scissors do appear to cut the pizza well, but it looks like it would take forever and get messy.

I worked for Pizza Hu (the light for the last "t" was always out, so it looked like a Chinese restaurant) back in my college days and I can tell you right now he's using that rocker blade wrong. You don't stick it in and wiggle it, like you did with your prom date. You ROCK it, like I did with your prom date. That's why it's called a ROCKER blade.

Wheel blades and scissors can snag or cut unevenly. Rocker blades make a perfect cut almost every time.
When I was much much younger we had a local chain in the New England area called Papa Gino's, I believe they finally went under this past year even though they prolly should have gone under 20 years ago. Agreed with you though you need firm and concise, otherwise you fuck up the cheese and toppings.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:35 PM   #11
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

I know what you're going to say, but it's not her titties. It's her mouth.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:06 PM   #12
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post

That's a couple of... talents. That's one of the first songs my old guitar teacher gave to me when I started learning to play. It hits a lot of useful chords and teaches dexterity up and down the neck. Up and down... Hrump! Anyway.

She has a package which with some extra processing could go a long way.

On the other hand if you wanna see a girl shred check out Tina S who at the age of 8 did a cover of Eddie Van Halen's "Eruption" and at 18 released this:

vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:16 PM   #13
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

That's insane. I hate that I'm not that good.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:14 PM   #14
RAV
Evil Dead

Old 04-30-2019, 01:00 AM   #15
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
I love the mix of Baraka (Film) and Dead Can Dance (Artist).

As for shit on YouTube, I really only check out videos from:
Digital Foundry (of Eurogamer). They produce pretty excellent videos that analyze the performance and technology of modern and retro games.
RedLetterMedia. The primary content of this channel is "Half In the Bag". These videos start with some kind of story skit about two VCR repair men and the man they have been hired by to repair his VCR so he can watch Night Court, followed by a good 20 to 30 minutes of the two drinking beer and other forms of alcohol while reviewing a recent movie, and is end-capped with another repairman related skit. They also produce other content, such as the "reView" (a more in-depth and structured review of a movie) and "Best of the Worst" (usually hour long video where four people watch 3 really bad movies and then do a roundtable review). What makes this channel different from so many other channels is how non-scripted they are. There is no linearity in how they talk, they just start and hope that they cover all the content before they decide to end the episode. Really makes it feel like you are listening to your friends talk about a movie, rather than reading some cold, disinterested analysis of the film.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:17 AM   #16
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

I just watched one of the best things I've seen on television. No, not Game of Thrones, not Breaking Bad, or anything else.

Barry Season 2, episode 5. I can't believe what I just saw. So fucking amazing. Hate that if anyone actually watches it they'll be affected by me hyping it, but what else can I say? It was fucking awesome. Look up the "hashtag" "Barry" on twitter if you don't believe me.

Here is the trailer for the first season. Do not sleep on this show, every episode has been great, but I just can't believe what I saw. So funny, so good.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:05 AM   #17
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post

Idk who this girl is, but she has a lot of good covers. She hasn't made anything new in a couple years, hopefully that's because she is in a band now.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:01 PM   #18
RAV
Evil Dead

Old 05-02-2019, 08:01 AM   #19
danielplayer
Peon

yup always share this type of stuff
danielplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:47 AM   #20