Today 12:44 AM
17 Replies, 800 Views

Old 08-30-2019, 06:21 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Blair Witch Out Now, Launch Trailer

Quote:
Blair Witch Brings You into the Woods Where an Iconic Evil Hides

oday, Bloober Team, the creative minds behind the critically acclaimed Layers of Fear games, in partnership with Lionsgate, release Blair Witch, the first-person psychological horror game that will have you questioning what you are most afraid of - the iconic witch, the woods, or the evil within. The game invites players to return to the dreadful woods starting today for £23.79/€29.99 on PC via Steam and the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X via the Xbox Games Store and Xbox Game Pass.

Blair Witch offers fans, and players alike, their own descent into madness through an original story inspired by Lionsgate’s iconic Blair Witch franchise. Set in 1996, a young boy disappears in the Black Hills Forest near Burkittsville, Maryland. Players experience the horror as Ellis, a former police officer with a troubled past, accompanied by his trustful canine companion, Bullet. Their story starts as they join the search for the missing boy, but players shortly discover the horrors that await as the woods twist and turn into an endless nightmare. Ellis will have to confront his fears, and his past, along with the mysterious force that haunts the woods.

The first-person experience will study players’ reactions to the many dangers, stresses and tolls that the original story delivers to result in one of various potential playthroughs. In addition to the horrifying psychological experience, there is a balanced display of the beautiful environments, showcased in full in-game 4K; tricking adventurers to feel a sense of relief before venturing even deeper into the home of the iconic Blair Witch. Blair Witch is Xbox One X enhanced for 4K gameplay, along with 4K playability on PC via Steam.

Blair Witch Deluxe Edition is also available for PC players on Steam for £27.99/€34.99. The Deluxe Edition includes Blair Witch, Blair Witch original game soundtrack, and ‘The Art of Blair Witch’.

For more information, please visit blairwitchgame.com.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:22 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:55 PM   #3
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Looking forward to checking this out tonight when I get home. Looks good!

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 04:43 AM   #4
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

I played the game for around 4 hours on Xbox One X. I was enjoying myself, but was not too impressed with the graphics and especially with the sluggish controls. I just figured it was not a AAA developer so I'd get over it.

I went on Steam and saw that you could get every Blair Witch movie plus the game for $35 and I couldn't resist. I love the movies even though they all have occasional problems, but whatever.

Figured I'd check out the PC version of the game since I now own it. It is like night and day. The graphics, resolution, and most importantly gameplay and control responsiveness are 100x better than on the current "most powerful console." It's actually stupid to buy it on console now that I have seen the difference.

I hope they patch the console versions and make them better. Just thought I'd let y'all know if anyone has a decent gaming PC.

Go Against the Flow.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:16 PM   #5
92miata
Evil Dead

Free On Game Pass, Not bad but so far not great either in my opinion.
92miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:53 PM   #6
thatlukeguy
Evil Dead

People are reporting that it is very poorly optimized for CPU usage and are having trouble hitting very high FPS even with really good CPU/vidcard combos.
thatlukeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:24 PM   #7
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatlukeguy View Post
People are reporting that it is very poorly optimized for CPU usage and are having trouble hitting very high FPS even with really good CPU/vidcard combos.
I've been playing in 4k, ultra settings, and always have the FPS counter on. I have a 1080ti, i7-6700k, 32gb RAM.

It has been running good, staying at 60fps, but last night there was a particularly hectic part and I noticed it dipping into the low 50's to upper 40's. Crazy. There was a 2.6 gig patch today so we'll see if they've improved it.

Go Against the Flow.

Tags
blair witch