Marvel Unveils Phase 4...
Last post by Terran
Today 09:02 AM
23 Replies, 1,167 Views

Old 06-11-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
IGXGamingTV
Gamer. Streamer. Patriot.

The Face of Twitch, DrDisrespect, Banned From Streaming Platform

You have a beautiful wife, kid, and a successful video game streaming channel so what’s next? Do a IRL (in real life) live stream of course! Read more …
IGXGamingTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
IGXGamingTV
Gamer. Streamer. Patriot.

Bad idea for DrDisrespect, though, as his live stream eventually leads into the men’s bathroom where there happens to be a kid in the background at the urinal that appears to be taking care of business. Soon after Twitch caught wind of this, his channel was banned. Really can’t fathom what drove him to continue live streaming inside the men’s rest room. Sux too because he is one of my favorite streamers on Twitch.

A quote from the source Dexerto.com:
Quote:
The first few minutes of the stream were from a bathroom, and he didn't stop there, streaming from bathrooms multiple times during his broadcast.
His stream showed the both the Two-Time and Dan the Body peeing in urinals more than once, capturing many unsuspecting E3-goers doing their business too.
Source: https://www.dexerto.com/entertainmen...athroom-709530
IGXGamingTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:25 PM   #3
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

I cant imagine it will be permanent. I hope not.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:07 PM   #4
MechaDangerous
Evil Dead

He's too important to Twitch. There's no way it will be permanent.
MechaDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:21 PM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

That was sure a rookie move though, why would you stream from the bathroom. Just do a “be right back”. Plus, if you are going to do a live stream from E3, you probably should have some kind of assistant to hold the camera while you take a dump.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:30 PM   #6
MechaDangerous
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
That was sure a rookie move though, why would you stream from the bathroom. Just do a “be right back”. Plus, if you are going to do a live stream from E3, you probably should have some kind of assistant to hold the camera while you take a dump.
I think he did. I believe it was his cameraman that followed him into the bathroom while he was talking to him.
MechaDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:25 PM   #7
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
The guy has never struck me as someone who's terribly bright, also for someone who twitch streams for a living pretty much, he's pretty shittastic at most of the games he plays.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:33 PM   #8
Skunk
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
..also for someone who twitch streams for a living pretty much, he's pretty shittastic at most of the games he plays.
Perfect person to be "the face of Twitch" then.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:24 PM   #9
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
The guy has never struck me as someone who's terribly bright, also for someone who twitch streams for a living pretty much, he's pretty shittastic at most of the games he plays.
Yea pretty much spot on. I've just viewed his channel a few times just to see what the hype was about, but other than feeling like an old out of touch curmudgeon, it didn't do anything for me.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:53 AM   #10
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

I almost guarantee, especially in the E3 atmosphere, that they had no idea what they were doing. That doesn't mean the action taken by Twitch is unjustified, anything but.

The ban won't be permanent (unless Twitch is dumb, who knows) but it'll leave enough of a mark to hopefully deter future gross oversights by any streamer, not just him.

I walked by E3. It is sealed off from the public. There's a sign out front saying no one under 17 will be admitted. So what was a kid doing there? Did E3 allow them in to be accompanied by parents? That might be the case but if I'm right, then what was a kid doing there?

Doesn't change that bringing a stream into a restroom is the height of stupid, but I am curious about that fact.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:38 AM   #11
davidj.dk
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
I almost guarantee, especially in the E3 atmosphere, that they had no idea what they were doing. That doesn't mean the action taken by Twitch is unjustified, anything but.

The ban won't be permanent (unless Twitch is dumb, who knows) but it'll leave enough of a mark to hopefully deter future gross oversights by any streamer, not just him.

I walked by E3. It is sealed off from the public. There's a sign out front saying no one under 17 will be admitted. So what was a kid doing there? Did E3 allow them in to be accompanied by parents? That might be the case but if I'm right, then what was a kid doing there?

Doesn't change that bringing a stream into a restroom is the height of stupid, but I am curious about that fact.
Depends - did he break the rules or not? And do you (read: twitch) have principals or not.

My money is on "yes, he broke the rules - and most definitely no, twitch doesn't have principals - but rather guidelines that is only enforced on the plebs"

you know, business as usual with these companies.
davidj.dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:29 AM   #12
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

I mean, as far as I know this goes straight into braking the law. Isn't it illegal to have a recording device active in a bathroom?
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:55 AM   #13
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
I mean, as far as I know this goes straight into braking the law. Isn't it illegal to have a recording device active in a bathroom?
Not if you choose "recording device" as your gender.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:09 PM   #14
Booda
Beam another Blast

If this would have happened in any public men's restroom other than a E3 one this fool would have probably gotten the absolute living shit beaten out of him.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:28 PM   #15
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

I've never heard of this cat, but he seems pretty dumb.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:06 PM   #16
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
I've never heard of this cat, but he seems pretty dumb.
To be honest, he can be pretty entertaining. He is probably one of the most entertaining streamers on Twitch, so use that as a metric. However, it gets old after a while because it's just the same thing.

He is a really good sniper, but then I only have myself for comparison. I have to wait for mobs to stand still for me to be able to hit them.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:18 PM   #17
Marticus
Evil Dead

Sadness, he had quite the following. Never got me to watch.

Meh.
Marticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:46 PM   #18
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
If this would have happened in any public men's restroom other than a E3 one this fool would have probably gotten the absolute living shit beaten out of him.
That is a really good callout. Not surprised no one there raised a ruckus and had the appropriate counter response while it was happening. I would have been yelling and screaming to get the camera out.

In entertainment circles, people seem to just let stuff happen. Bystander effect?

There is a reason that principles lose out here and he'll likely be reinstated. The guy who brings in the money is given more discretion / leeway than anyone else because livelihoods, on *SOME* level, are made off that guy.

For an extreme, cynical example, go watch Rocketman. I absolutely believe everyone involved in the Elton John enterprise was propping up their cash cow with drugs just to get their cut off the talent.

I wouldn't attribute a similar opportunism in gaming, but I would attribute a benign ignorance / don't rock the boat to preserve a status quo.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:15 AM   #19
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

I saw a different article that claimed it was a 3-day ban. The ban was specifically due to violation of California privacy laws. I imagine there will also be some legal ramifications of this as well.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...7.&lawCode=PEN

As far as streamers go I'm not really a fan of his schtick. I've really only watched him play Apex. He's definitely not on the same level as Dizzy or King Richard. But I wouldn't call him a bad player.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:29 AM   #20
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Does this guy have a doctorate degree, or is it like an honorary title like "Dr. Pepper?". If he is a medical doctor, I'm sure this incident is sufficient for his license to be pulled.