Last post by ElektroDragon
Yesterday 10:28 PM
2 Replies, 207 Views

Old 08-02-2018, 11:51 AM   #21
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthropist View Post
the switch home brew scene is expanding rapidly, and if nintendo does do a 2.0 , they will most certainly patch that exploit.
It's an unpatchable exploit; they'd have to change the processor entirely to get rid of it for future speculative hardware revisions.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #22
EGO
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Who's this everyone? I haven't owned a Nintendo branded product since the N64 for 4 player Goldeneye and the old WWF games also 4 player. And really? I bought ziltch other for that system. The cutesy cutesy kiddie shit just doesn't interest me.
I know it's hard to read AND comprehend... but I did say, "SOME hardcore."

You sir, do NOT fall into the category of "SOME hardcore", obviously.
You sir, fall into the category of bitching hardcore people who scoff (and say, "cutesy kiddie shit").
Old 08-02-2018, 12:41 PM   #23
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGO View Post
I know it's hard to read AND comprehend... but I did say, "SOME hardcore."

You sir, do NOT fall into the category of "SOME hardcore", obviously.
You sir, fall into the category of bitching hardcore people who scoff (and say, "cutesy kiddie shit").
What category do you believe shit like Yoshi and Mario Kart fit into? AO rated?
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:55 AM   #24
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
What category do you believe shit like Yoshi and Mario Kart fit into? AO rated?
Family friendly? For people who don't take themselves too seriously, and don't have their fragile masculinity sadly tied to the media they consume? And can handle playing games from E-AO.

It just is about whether the game is fun, which is the only thing that matters. "Is the game fun to play?". Literally the only criteria for playing a game that really matters.

When you're secure enough, the colorful art style doesn't make you feel uncomfortable in your own skin. You just enjoy the well-developed mechanics.

I know what you'd say, and you'd have be making an okay point. "The subject matter, the content, just doesn't interest me. It's not engaging for an adult." And to some degree that's fair enough, for sure. But those kinds of games aren't for the story. Their quality is driven by the smooth/fun mechanics. They're fun games to play. You don't play them for an immersive story. I don't watch Disney movies unless it's for my son. The content doesn't interest me. But that's different. It's a story. Movies are for getting immersed into the "world". Games with adult themes that are rich story experiences and have great mechanics are what make great games. But you can have a game that's a lot of fun to play, where you're not concerned with any concept of a story. Something like Mario Kart is a great example. It's just mechanically fun to play. Obviously riding on rainbows while overly cheerful music plays isn't going to captivate an adult like Witcher 3 or Red Dead Redemption, but the fun is in the actual gameplay.

But how I value gameplay quality over anything else might just be a personality trait. Maybe that's not the way you value a "great" game. Just trying to see your side. At least for me, I can play Mario Kart or Dead Space and they'll equate to an enjoyable way to pass the time. They're both fun to play.

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 08-03-2018 at 06:15 AM..
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:01 AM   #25
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Family friendly? For people who don't take themselves too seriously, and don't have their fragile masculinity sadly tied to the media they consume? And can handle playing games from E-AO.

It just is about whether the game is fun, which is the only thing that matters. "Is the game fun to play?". Literally the only criteria for playing a game that really matters.

When you're secure enough, the colorful art style doesn't make you feel uncomfortable in your own skin. You just enjoy the well-developed mechanics.
Amusingly enough, a game like Mario x Rabbids - which combines the "cutesy" art style of Mario with the "cutesy" art style of Rayman - is just about as difficult as the XCOM games it happens to play like. It might look "cute", but the amount of strategy and customization involved (coupled with the difficulty of the latter portions of the game) make it a pretty tough game, overall.

Hell, I'd say it's at least as challenging as most of the realistic "adult" games.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:52 AM   #26
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
I'd like to see Nintendo offer a one piece version without the dock.
I'm pretty sure you can play "Pirate Warriors 3" without the dock.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:17 AM   #27
Major Dan
Conductor Dan

I have enjoyed; Disgea 5 complete, Battle chasers and the new SEGA Shining game on the Switch thus far.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:43 AM   #28
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post

I know what you'd say, and you'd have be making an okay point. "The subject matter, the content, just doesn't interest me. It's not engaging for an adult." And to some degree that's fair enough, for sure. But those kinds of games aren't for the story. Their quality is driven by the smooth/fun mechanics. They're fun games to play. You don't play them for an immersive story. I don't watch Disney movies unless it's for my son. The content doesn't interest me. But that's different. It's a story. Movies are for getting immersed into the "world". Games with adult themes that are rich story experiences and have great mechanics are what make great games. But you can have a game that's a lot of fun to play, where you're not concerned with any concept of a story. Something like Mario Kart is a great example. It's just mechanically fun to play. Obviously riding on rainbows while overly cheerful music plays isn't going to captivate an adult like Witcher 3 or Red Dead Redemption, but the fun is in the actual gameplay.

But how I value gameplay quality over anything else might just be a personality trait. Maybe that's not the way you value a "great" game. Just trying to see your side. At least for me, I can play Mario Kart or Dead Space and they'll equate to an enjoyable way to pass the time. They're both fun to play.
Story is king when your go to genres are things like RPG's. Not romping around on a dinosaur eating eggs or running around in circles racing donkey kong and diddy. That was great and entertaining when I was 8, not so much anymore. If one doesn't find that brand of "family friendly" game interesting at 41 years old who the fuck are you to tell them their wrong?

You can love Nintendo's tired old shtick all you'd like, just don't get your panties in a bunch if not everyone likes what you like, that goes for Chimpout too, shocked he hasn't cried about me posting in a Nintendo thread yet like a little whiny girl.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:51 AM   #29
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Story is king when your go to genres are things like RPG's.
The RPGs available for the Switch have decent stories, as far as I can tell.

Quote:
If one doesn't find that brand of "family friendly" game interesting at 41 years old who the fuck are you to tell them their wrong?
Let's flip that around: Who the fuck are you to tell anyone that they're wrong for enjoying certain types of games? You certainly act like your tastes are somehow superior.

Quote:
You can love Nintendo's tired old shtick all you'd like, just don't get your panties in a bunch if not everyone likes what you like, that goes for Chimpout too, shocked he hasn't cried about me posting in a Nintendo thread yet like a little whiny girl.
As I've repeated endlessly every time you chime in, we're all fully goddamned aware that you're not a fan of Nintendo or any of their offerings. What I don't understand is your compulsion to announce it virtually each and every time the subject is brought up.

You don't like it. We get it. It's fine that you don't like it.
Just move the fuck on.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:55 AM   #30
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
The RPGs available for the Switch have decent stories, as far as I can tell.

Let's flip that around: Who the fuck are you to tell anyone that they're wrong for enjoying certain types of games? You certainly act like your tastes are somehow superior.

As I've repeated endlessly every time you chime in, we're all fully goddamned aware that you're not a fan of Nintendo or any of their offerings. What I don't understand is your compulsion to announce it virtually each and every time the subject is brought up.

You don't like it. We get it. It's fine that you don't like it.
Just move the fuck on.
The difference is Chimp, I have never told anyone NOT to like Nintendo IP, that's you projecting again. I'm stating an opinion that you don't like so of course like the good little authoritarian shitbag you are, you try to "correct" people for not liking the same shit you do. Get over it Sally.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:02 PM   #31
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
The difference is Chimp, I have never told anyone NOT to like Nintendo IP, that's you projecting again.
No, but you're more than willing to refer to folks who play their IPs as man-children or any variety of other derogatory terms. You're essentially saying people are wrong for playing Nintendo's IPs if they're over a certain age.

Quote:
I'm stating an opinion that you don't like so of course like the good little authoritarian shitbag you are, you try to "correct" people for not liking the same shit you do. Get over it Sally.
I'm pretty sure I've gone on record multiple times (including this very thread) that I absolutely don't give a shit about whether or not you like any of their stuff.

Again, what confounds me is why you feel the need to chime in and bring it up almost every single time. You don't like it. You'll never like it. We know this. We understand this. The subject clearly doesn't mean anything to you, outside of the chance to bitch and moan about how much you don't like it.

Move the fuck on.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:00 PM   #32
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

You'd don't give a shit yet here you are once again. Indeed move the fuck on.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:28 PM   #33
Mojopin
Evil Dead

Quote:
You'd don't give a shit yet here you are once again. Indeed move the fuck on.
Quote:
...that goes for Chimpout too, shocked he hasn't cried about me posting in a Nintendo thread yet like a little whiny girl.
You brought him up first you jizz gobbling idiot, but then again I wouldn't expect your moronic ass to keep up with anything you say or anything else says for that matter.
Mojopin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 06:17 PM   #34
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

ahh good ol mojodouchepin. Crawl back under your rock.

Tags
nintendo