Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Geek Love > Totally Off Topic

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Netflix is Marvel-less:...
Last post by Juan
Today 03:43 AM
8 Replies, 192 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by Wizzkidd
Today 03:17 AM
12 Replies, 469 Views
Alita Fights to the Top...
Last post by Wizzkidd
Today 03:14 AM
5 Replies, 201 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 09:32 PM
3,378 Replies, 573,674 Views
The LEGO Movie 2 Falls...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 09:29 PM
29 Replies, 1,168 Views
Game & Movie Releases...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Yesterday 07:52 PM
0 Replies, 116 Views
Anthem gets Neill...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 06:44 PM
13 Replies, 935 Views
Goddamn people
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 12:11 PM
9 Replies, 580 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2019, 02:16 PM   #3321
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 6,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post

Man oh man the gays and their handlers are digging quite the hole for themselves.

Imagine the bantz, beatings, and harassment when the wheels come off this meme of a civilization. I so hope I'm around to see it.
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:14 AM   #3322
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,065
And this is what happens when you don't call out mental illness for what it is. Europe is done. America won't be far behind at this rate.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:13 PM   #3323
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 7,493
Ya know, everyone is jumping on AOC about the New Green Deal - mostly because of the mention of UBI and a few of the other wild oversights (like how do trains get to Hawaii) - but the idea that in 15 years we could get to carbon neutral isn't inconceivable.

Remember, we went from nothing to putting a person on the moon in a decade. And it took tons of work from tons of people and new inventions that people hadn't invented.

I think it is a silly goal considering there isn't a proven pressing need, and I think saying the government is entitled to $3 out of $4 of certain people's money because of some perceived moral "right" about the greater good vs. your money.

However to flat out say it isn't possible is also retarded. We've shown great things can be accomplished if there is a will. We just don't have the will.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:32 PM   #3324
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
but the idea that in 15 years we could get to carbon neutral isn't inconceivable.
They don't want carbon neutral, they want carbon zero. In TEN years.

* No coal at all.
* No natural gas at all.
* No nuclear power.
* No vehicles using fossil fuels.
* Replace up to 80% of the electrical grid.
* Replace all buildings.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE AND RETARDED. FLAT OUT RETARDED.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:23 PM   #3325
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 7,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
They don't want carbon neutral, they want carbon zero. In TEN years.

* No coal at all.
* No natural gas at all.
* No nuclear power.
* No vehicles using fossil fuels.
* Replace up to 80% of the electrical grid.
* Replace all buildings.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE AND RETARDED. FLAT OUT RETARDED.
I believe it was clarified to carbon neutral. Ten years makes sense because the world is going to end in 12 years if we don't stop global warming!!eleventy1!!11!



vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:40 PM   #3326
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
I believe it was clarified to carbon neutral.
If an eminent scientist said in ten years we can be carbon zero OR carbon neutral (a lie of shuffling carbon around that doesn't actually get rid of carbon, it just pays to hide it in a nice little ledger), he'd be RETARDED.

This is not "let's go to the moon on a rocket ship" this is "let's replace our entire electric grid, all of our buildings, all of our vehicles, and do it in a decade.



__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:24 PM   #3327
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 7,493
You clearly didn't read the first (pre-redacted) draft:

Quote:
Simply banning fossil fuels immediately won’t build the economy to replace it — this is the plan to build that new economy and spells out how to do it technically. We do this through a huge mobilization to create the renewable energy economy as fast as possible. We set a goal to reach net-zero, rather than zero emissions, in 10 years because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to full get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast
These guys know cow farts can't be made to disappear right away! That's why they are going for net-zero. Man, you think these people are stupid. AOC had a degree in Economics from some college in Boston and even The USA Today will back up her ideas

Quote:
How else can one explain policies that include a federal jobs guarantee, economic security for those unable to work, provision of housing, free health care, higher education for all and a family living wage? Besides the plan's calls for electrifying the whole transport system and undertaking a crippling federal financing of renewable energy over 10 years, it reads like a wish list for socializing the economy.
Or not...

Quote:
But even in some parallel universe where it was possible to implement an agenda that would replace the whole country's energy supply with government-financed renewables, refurbish every building to improve energy efficiency, eliminate gas burning cars, build extensive high-speed rail and cut the number of flights and cows to near zero, the cost would be astronomical.

Previous estimates from Stanford engineers of meeting power demand through clean, renewable zero-emission energy sources put capital costs at $14.6 trillion (almost three-quarters of current annual GDP). The running costs, coupled with all the other environmental programs, would therefore take up a huge chunk of economic resources, effectively cutting vast private sector activity.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:35 PM   #3328
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 7,493
Oh, I should note this 14.6 trillion doesn't include the 30 TRILLION for universal health care which is also a pillar of the Dem strategy or the unknown trillions for full funding of education.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:41 PM   #3329
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
However to flat out say it isn't possible is also retarded.
In a decade, it IS impossible, and you're an idiot for even mildly suggesting otherwise, as your posts mocking them subsequent to this one indicate you realize.

Their plan is a pile of unicorn shit. It's RETARDED.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:43 PM   #3330
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,065
AOC is a fucking moron, how she has a degree in anything goes to show the farce that is "higher education " The dumb communist cunt is literally borderline retarded.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:37 AM   #3331
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
AOC is a fucking moron, how she has a degree in anything goes to show the farce that is "higher education " The dumb communist cunt is literally borderline retarded.
So is our dimwit president with the emotional and intellectual maturity of a 12 year old. Winning! I guess after we elected that moron, all the other Einsteins came out of the woodwork now knowing the literal bottom of the barrel can win presidency of the US.

Also, I love how any time someone recommends doing something good for humanity, it becomes an impossible pipedream. It's worth pursuing the conversation, using math rather than guesses of failure. It beats the failed model and trajectory we're on now. That one is already failing. Staying on the sinking ship is literally madness, literally "retarded" as Terran excitedly exclaimed.

Just try to use some balanced thinking at the very least, rather than jerking each other off, reaffirming yourselves over and over. This thread is intellectually embarrassing
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:52 AM   #3332
Chief Smash
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Just try to use some balanced thinking at the very least, rather than jerking each other off, reaffirming yourselves over and over. This thread is intellectually embarrassing
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
So is our dimwit president with the emotional and intellectual maturity of a 12 year old.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:03 AM   #3333
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
So you're telling me our president is not emotionally immature? Just rationally through observation of his speeches or dialogue? Got it. There's nothing else I can say here. Sorry to interrupt your thread. Carry on.

*facepalm image*
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:17 AM   #3334
Chief Smash
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 3,825
If you think he's a moron, you have been fooled. And if you think he's immature instead and not continually pushing buttons of people such as yourself, you have been fooled. Hence the facepalm.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:27 AM   #3335
Booda
Beam another Blast
 
Booda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Streets of Dis
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
So you're telling me our president is not emotionally immature?


It's just killing you that he won the election & has been crushing ass the entire time isn't it?

The entirety of the Democrat Party & the majority of the GOP have been trying to take this guy out since he announced his candidacy. Not only is he running circles around all of these DC fools, he's getting the job done like no president before him.

But by all means though... keep on underestimating him. That's what will push him across the finish line in 2020.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:36 AM   #3336
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
If you think he's a moron, you have been fooled. And if you think he's immature instead and not continually pushing buttons of people such as yourself, you have been fooled. Hence the facepalm.
Haha, hold on chief. What did you just say? "If you think he's immature instead, and not continually pushing buttons of people such as yourself"

Why would any professional, mature, grown adult with leadership qualities be concerned with "pushing buttons". They lead with actions. They don't blowhard the way this guy does. They don't have to. They conduct themselves like an adult. Like a real man. Not self congratulating blowhard.

I'm not a liberal. I would never vote for Clinton. She represents all that is wrong with our government and it's corruption. I'm not coming at this conversation from a political perspective. This is observation of this guy talking and acting.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:37 AM   #3337
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post


It's just killing you that he won the election & has been crushing ass the entire time isn't it?

The entirety of the Democrat Party & the majority of the GOP have been trying to take this guy out since he announced his candidacy. Not only is he running circles around all of these DC fools, he's getting the job done like no president before him.

But by all means though... keep on underestimating him. That's what will push him across the finish line in 2020.

Oh, believe me, I'm not underestimating anything.

I'm not a liberal though, so politically, it doesn't bother me that a republican is president.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:17 AM   #3338
Booda
Beam another Blast
 
Booda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Streets of Dis
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
I'm not a liberal though, so politically, it doesn't bother me that a republican is president.
You're a Never Trumper which is worse than being a Democrat.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:20 AM   #3339
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 7,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
In a decade, it IS impossible, and you're an idiot for even mildly suggesting otherwise, as your posts mocking them subsequent to this one indicate you realize.
No, I think it is possible though maybe not in 10 or 15 years and almost certainly not with her socialist plan. But I think there is a good way forward and I think not even starting because "it is retarded and impossible" is the loser way to dismiss any progress without even trying.

There are some good ideas there, like rebuilding our crusty electrical grid and efficient, swift mass travel but people are dismissing them because they came from AOC and they don't want to put the work in filtering out the shit.
They'd rather spit on them just because they came from the New Green Deal and the left (even though the right has also mentioned them but it didn't get traction or media attention when the right talked about it).

BUT OMG IT IS UNPOSSIBLE!!!#!#@@$@

vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:43 AM   #3340
Chief Smash
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Haha, hold on chief. What did you just say? "If you think he's immature instead, and not continually pushing buttons of people such as yourself"

Why would any professional, mature, grown adult with leadership qualities be concerned with "pushing buttons". They lead with actions. They don't blowhard the way this guy does. They don't have to. They conduct themselves like an adult. Like a real man. Not self congratulating blowhard.

I'm not a liberal. I would never vote for Clinton. She represents all that is wrong with our government and it's corruption. I'm not coming at this conversation from a political perspective. This is observation of this guy talking and acting.
What world do you live in? We live in a reality where the mass media (not just MSNBC/CNN/etc but movies, sitcoms, awards shows, etc) all regularly attempt to destroy right leaning politicians. W was regularly eviscerated by the media and pop culture even though he always handled himself like a gentleman. The entire pop culture does this dirty work and they're not used to anyone being willing or able to fight back. Trump does though and he does it by getting under people's skin. His base loves it and his enemies go nuts which is why you hear the term "Trump Derangement Syndrome" get mentioned so often. Obama was a master at getting under people's skin too but he had the pop culture on his side so he didn't have to engage as directly. I don't think he had the talent for such direct engagement anyway. But Trump is sort of like that guy that you know who can tell a great joke and always has a great comeback so you just don't spar with the guy verbally. I think we all know someone like that. They may not always say the best stuff but they know how to time a great verbal jab. Even if they say something immature, it makes their friends laugh and their targets rage.

What you're basically saying is that a real man doesn't have to prove he's a man by punching someone else. But we live in reality. Sometimes you have no choice. Sometimes there's no reasoning with people and you're left with the only option of planting your knuckles across someone's jaw, physically or figuratively. Trump does this and he does it on purpose, not because he's some tantrum throwing adolescent. He does it to take his opponents down a notch or two and fire up his fans. You're making the same mistake that everyone on the left made when they called W stupid. It's the same mistake that people on the right made when they assumed Bill Clinton was just dumb Bubba or that Nancy Polosi is a moron. These people are not stupid. Maybe some of them are morally bankrupt or they made crazy public statements. But they are good at what they do... achieving and using power.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 AM.