Last post by Rommel
Today 12:41 AM
17 Replies, 1,483 Views

Old 09-18-2018, 09:24 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Ace Combat 7 Pre-Order Bonus Items Detailed

Quote:
Lastly, we’re super jazzed to be able to offer a very special™ offer. Pre-purchasing Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown from PlayStation Store will include the following incentives:

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown dynamic theme (delivered instantly)
A McDonnell Douglas F-4E plane and three aircraft skins (delivered at launch)
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War (full game, delivered at launch)
However, we know some of you prefer to purchase games physically, so this same offer (minus the dynamic theme) will be available when pre-ordering at retail too!

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown will be available at retail and on the PlayStation Store for $59.99. A season pass that includes three additional planes, three additional stages, and a bonus in-game music player will also be available for $24.99. You will also be able to purchase a deluxe edition that includes the base game and season pass, as well as acquire the digital-only incentive Lockheed F-104 Starfighter plane.
PlayStation Blog.

Xbox One players pre-ordering Ace Combat 7 will receive a digital copy of Ace Combat 6: FIRES OF LIBERATION.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:25 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:47 AM   #3
LostToys
Evil Dead

If that was a HD Remake of Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, I would be all over it. But Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, just wasn't all that great. All that fucking "fly with the angels" nonsense. AC 5 had a pretty good story told through the eyes of a journalist. It was pretty damned fresh and original.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:20 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Little bit of trivia, I wrote the strategy guide for Ace Combat 5. My name isn’t on the book because of some problems I had with the publisher, but that’s my content in the entire book.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:04 AM   #5
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
If that was a HD Remake of Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, I would be all over it. But Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, just wasn't all that great. All that fucking "fly with the angels" nonsense. AC 5 had a pretty good story told through the eyes of a journalist. It was pretty damned fresh and original.
But... you ARE getting "Ace Combat 5"! Unless you want to play AC7 on the Xbox of course, but who in his right mind would do that?

All kidding aside (personally, I loved AC6 on the 360, despite the "dance with an angel, mom/mister" shit), I'm kinda glad Ace Combat is returning to the PlayStation. And, no, "Assault Horizon" doesn't count.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:09 AM   #6
Fubl
Evil Dead

Actually its Ace combat 6 on playstation. 5 was released on ps2 along with 0 within like a year.

Someone made mention of the going with angels but that was theme through 4-5 and zero but might have been replaced with birds or a shooting star or some such.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #7
LostToys
Evil Dead

"Fly with the angels" was always something present in Ace Combat, but became a mother fucking annoyance in 6 because everyone used that damn phrase in every fucking cutscene. So by the end of the game, I was tired of hearing that phrase. Much like I am going to be tired of everyone referring to the main protagonist as the "tail with the three stripes".

As for Ace Combat 7, I know this is sacrilege, but I am actually planning on getting it on PC. Unless I hear the port is horrible and my experience would be better off on console, then I will go with the PS4 version. So hurry up reviews, I need to know what platform to get my Ace Combat fix from!
Old 09-19-2018, 07:23 PM   #8
Fubl
Evil Dead

looks like Ps4 gets Ace combat 5
Old 09-20-2018, 08:02 AM   #9
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
As for Ace Combat 7, I know this is sacrilege, but I am actually planning on getting it on PC. Unless I hear the port is horrible and my experience would be better off on console, then I will go with the PS4 version. So hurry up reviews, I need to know what platform to get my Ace Combat fix from!
Well, the game is developed in Unreal Engine (which is probably the reason I don't like the visuals all that much), so you should be safe on PC. I'm sure to get the PS4 version, because I bought a PSVR set for the single purpose of playing this game*. I just hope the pixels don't blind me...

*) That was shortly after they delayed it from 2017 to 2018, but a looong time before the move to 2019...
Old 09-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #10
LostToys
Evil Dead

That is one of the benefits of still having an active GameFly subscription: I can always rent the PS4 version to play the PSVR missions, assuming they do not ultimately also support Oculus.

Tags
ace combat 7