Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Geek Love > Totally Off Topic

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by walstib
Today 07:27 PM
4 Replies, 147 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by RAV
Today 06:41 PM
152 Replies, 52,376 Views
First Trailer for Ryan...
Last post by brandonjclark
Today 05:02 PM
5 Replies, 247 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 11:06 AM
5,148 Replies, 1,171,918 Views
The Boys Season 2 Trailer
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 10:16 AM
6 Replies, 424 Views
Picts - Waiting to...
Last post by RAV
Today 10:11 AM
18,790 Replies, 3,849,008 Views
TurboGrafx-16 mini:...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 08:59 AM
0 Replies, 116 Views
How To Post YouTube...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Today 06:54 AM
0 Replies, 101 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2019, 09:08 PM   #5061
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
That is a really weird and specific statistic about a particular subset of elections that sounds cherry picked to make a misleading case.

Obama did do a whole lot to trigger the racist wing of the GOP though. That is true.
Obama also did a lot to stir racial tensions his entire presidency, but of course the GOP are the racist. He also sat in a church pew for years listening to Rev Wright spew racist rhetoric against white people. But of course, liberals can't be racist right? You know, despite being actually racist.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:11 PM   #5062
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
That is a really weird and specific statistic about a particular subset of elections that sounds cherry picked to make a misleading case.
lol. Obama was awesome. He accomplished one thing (ACA) and nothing else of substance. His eight years have evaporated into basically nothing.

Quote:
Obama did do a whole lot to trigger the racist wing of the GOP though. That is true.
You go ahead and stroke that toothpick dick with that thought while I remember the 1,000+ seats Republicans gained, the laws and judges passed and appointed as a result, and the lasting changes OBAMA made possible for conservatives...like helping get Trump elected!

What a time to be a conservative! Concerntrolls like Eats are horrified to be living in a resurgent time for Republicans. 80s to today are amazing for conservatism. Just awesome!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:02 PM   #5063
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
.....He accomplished one thing (ACA) and nothing else of substance. His eight years have evaporated into basically nothing.

......and the lasting changes OBAMA made possible for conservatives...like helping get Trump elected!
You're contradicting yourself in your own post there man! You gotta be careful, you don't want to look like a fool!
SacredWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:17 PM   #5064
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredWeasel View Post
You're contradicting yourself in your own post there man! You gotta be careful, you don't want to look like a fool!
I think you misunderstood his point. Obama was such a bad president that Repubicans have gained incredible amounts of traction BECAUSE he was such a bad president. That isn't a contradiction.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:12 PM   #5065
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,050
It seems like you are only wanting to count legislative victories, so Obamacare was pretty huge. All Trump did was a tax cut.

If you are counting judges then why didn't you mention the 2 supreme court judges Obama appointed? I mean there are a lot of other things he did that weren't legislative as well, but I'm not making a list for you.
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 01:45 AM   #5066
Eats
Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,050
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ent-referendum
Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:15 AM   #5067
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredWeasel View Post
You're contradicting yourself in your own post there man! You gotta be careful, you don't want to look like a fool!
He was so bad, he was good for Republicans. I think you see the point.

As to looking like a fool, well...that ship has sailed, lol. I'm married,with kids. Plus, posting anything political on the Internet is a fool's errand, isn't it? Check out Proverbs 18:2. I just can't seem to follow that advice. After all, there are battles to be won, armchair quarterbacking to be quarterbacked, people to be (un)convinced!

Oh boy, you got him now! lolololol.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:29 AM   #5068
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
He was so bad, he was good for Republicans. I think you see the point.
Yeah, that was actually my point as well. My sarcasm apparently wasn't obvious enough.
SacredWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 01:33 PM   #5069
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Ok, we don't need to get into the weeds on these specifics because the bottom line is the Clintons have been investigated possibly more than anyone in US history, including a full impeachment and many, many investigations by congress, the FBI, and the DOJ. Barr just did his own investigation and had every incentive to prosecute. If any of these charges could be proven then they would've been got by now.
Some of the charges against the Clintons have been proven. You're aware that Clinton, per Clinton, lied when he provided sworn testimony, right? You're aware that a witnesses testified as to being coached by Clinton, right?

That's witness tampering, along with the proven perjury and obstruction of justice. I wonder if other people charge with that will face prison time.

Which specific Barr-related investigation are you attempting to reference?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
The Clintons have no immunity of any kind and the bottom line is proven criminal actions can't be attributed to them directly or else they would've been. I am not going to go into conspiracy theory alley with you on this any further.
Factually false, as criminal actions have been directly attributed to them. You seem quite fond of conspiracy theories, as long as they apply to Trump. This is just another leftist talking point, in which no amount of evidence, to include physical evidence, amounts to anything when applied against the left, as exemplified with the Clintons.

The illegal server run by HRC was proven by physical evidence, with others charged for far, far less. Again, you're making factually false statements in the defense of the Clintons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
This is mostly irrelevent or innuendo.
Of course you believe the actions under Obama are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Guns to cartels - this is an absurdly dumb accusation. There was a failed sting to get the big players in gun running. Obama wasn't making money here and he wasn't in cahoots with the people running guns to Mexico. 0 Mobster points. Next.
Zero mobster points for running guns to a Mexican drug cartel (bonus: they were also found in the possession of Islamic terrorists). Ha, you must have a really, really weird view of a mobster.

Considering the AG lied to Congress about when he became aware of it (don't worry, there would be no real consequences outside of being held in contempt) and had a history of wanting to shame gun owners and brainwash people into support further gun control, you don't think there is anything here? He wasn't in cahoots with the people running guns? He was. The government, via the ATF, pushed FFLs to sell guns to people they knew shouldn't be able to buy guns.

Geez, it'd be a real shame if we could point to gun crime carried out by the Cartels in order to support a political agenda. It's absurdly dumb to think that knowingly running guns to Mexican cartels isn't a "mobster-thing" to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Spying on Congress - You need to be more specific I guess, but this also just wouldn't even fall under mobster activity anyway. 0 points.
You need me to be more specific, but you've already decided it doesn't even fall under mobster activity? Ha, what an absurdly dumb position to take. It's not "mobster activity" for the CIA to spy on Congress, especially in regards to discovering information on whistleblowers? Brennan would, of course, testify under oath that the CIA hadn't done just that. Not to worry, no one would go to prison for that. I guess you think abusing such power and not suffering any repercussions is not in line with mobsters? What a weird view of mobsters you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
brazenly lying about the ACA - A politician being wrong about a complex bill isn't mobster activity. Hell even if he was lying it still isn't. Where is the personal enrichment here? I mean maybe if he was just continuously telling like 10 lies every day like Trump I would sort of agree, but even still I didn't even mention Trumps insane volume of lies when I talked about him. 0 points.
If he was lying? Ha, yet another stunningly dumb response you've provided. I suppose you don't understand power and pushing to obtain more of it. You still have the weirdest view of what is and isn't mobster activity -- and you stupidly want to defend Obama as not lying because it was so complex to understand that people would lose their doctors/plans when that was brought up many, many times prior to the bill's passage. You're essentially arguing that Obama was too stupid to realize what would be an obvious effect of his signature legislation. I don't think he was too stupid, I think he understood it perfectly -- but hey, he's a Democrat, so there is an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
links to convicted domestic terrorists, ignoring legal orders, having the AG lie to Congress, spying on journalists, the admin laughing about utilizing the ignorant media to parrot their narrative - all of these are combinations of nonspecific and/or irrelevant. Being a mobster means you are running an organization of criminals to enrich yourself and them. Also there were no convicted domestic terrorists in the Obama admin. None of these count. 0 points.
You start out with your post stating "we don't need to get into the weeds on these specifics" and now you're claiming specific accusations are nonspecific. Spying on journalists is nonspecific and/or irrelevant? Links to a convicted domestic terrorist is nonspecific and/or irrelevant? It's like you're mission is to increase the level of dumb in every response you make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
knowing the Hunter Biden/Ukraine deal - This is the closest thing you have, but did Obama even know about this, and was it even actually a criminal deal? You don't know what work Biden did with Burisma, or how much money he made personally. There is just not currently enough evidence of anything criminal here at all. Maybe more will come out, but tying it all the way back to Obama is still a big stretch.
Ah, yes, checks political party: it's a D, so they are to plead ignorance. The VP's son getting sweet deals in which he seems to have no obvious qualifications other than who is father is is far from the Obama? You know the VP is the Vice President, right? Do you know the proximity of that position to the President?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
the IRS - this was cleared of wrongdoing in the investigation wasn't it?
Quite the opposite. Your stance here says so much about your position in general.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
See this is just bullshit. You act like it is all the same to try to equalize what is going on, but it isn't.
It's not all the same -- Obama acted very much like a mobster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
-6 people in the Trump administration are in jail for felonies including his personal lawyer. Giuliani also is probably going down.
-Trump has openly engaged in obstruction of justice and witness tampering.
-He has required loyalty oaths.
-Trump very publicly tried to award himself the contract to host the G8 summit, refuses to release his tax returns, refuses to really divest or create a blind trust of his assets.
-He openly breaks the emoluments statutes on the daily.

This is far from an exhaustive list. I didn't even mention his bribery situation in Ukraine that he is facing impeachment for.
I thought you weren't interested in conspiracies? Oh, yeah, that's a one-way standard. Regardless, are you aware of the people in Obama's circle charged with felonies?

I'm happy to see that not releasing one's tax returns falls under your seemingly random (just kidding, if its Obama, it's fine; if it's Trump, it's mobster activity!) criteria for being a mobster. Haha, you've outdone yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
Now he has the WH going after this whistleblower for really the purpose of intimidation. It is like if Nixon had gone after Deepthroat and unmasked him.
Wait, you have an issue with this? First, the "whistleblower" isn't a whistleblower. It's been shown that he met with Schiff's staff prior to going back to file the complaint. Guess what, that's not the process to blow the whistle. Oh, my favorite part about this "whistleblower" is that he was reportedly removed from the NSC for.... leaking to the media. It's great, really.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:12 PM   #5070
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,248
The decline of journalism goes in tandem with the decision to become purveyors of a particular ideological brand. This can be seen quite easily in the increase in dog whistle words to get progressives salivating. One example, NYT:

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:09 PM   #5071
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,973
It's like SJW Bingo right there.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:57 AM   #5072
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,248
They got him now!

lolololol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:38 AM   #5073
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
They got him now!

lolololol.
Number 7 is the most telling to me. This is all a sham, not the least of it, because even if their allegations were true, this is not illegal!
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:34 AM   #5074
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Number 7 is the most telling to me. This is all a sham, not the least of it, because even if their allegations were true, this is not illegal!
Context is important, the issue isn't just that he opened an investigation, but that he did so for supposed personal gain. If he had been paid millions to do so it would obviously be illegal. Personally I don't think he did it for personal gain. Trump has wanted to pursue corrupt democrats since he announced his candidacy, he couldn't get Hillary, so he switched targets. And regardless of that, I just don't see any way that democrats could possibly prove this investigation was opened for purely personal gains.
SacredWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:46 AM   #5075
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredWeasel View Post
Context is important, the issue isn't just that he opened an investigation, but that he did so for supposed personal gain. If he had been paid millions to do so it would obviously be illegal. Personally I don't think he did it for personal gain. Trump has wanted to pursue corrupt democrats since he announced his candidacy, he couldn't get Hillary, so he switched targets. And regardless of that, I just don't see any way that democrats could possibly prove this investigation was opened for purely personal gains.
It would have helped their case if the investigation was opened or if the aid was actually withheld in the end.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:00 AM   #5076
SacredWeasel
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 778
Right, good point, my post was imprecise with the wording about opening the investigation.
SacredWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:07 AM   #5077
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredWeasel View Post
Right, good point, my post was imprecise with the wording about opening the investigation.
Nah no worries. It wasn't really a rebuttal to you as much as it was to the situation at large.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:01 PM   #5078
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredWeasel View Post
Context is important, the issue isn't just that he opened an investigation, but that he did so for supposed personal gain.
It does not matter if he stood to gain or lose, it is an integral part of his job. Additionally, I hate to break it to you, but politicians do things that benefit them. It's called...politics.

The underlying investigation of 2016 election interference requires an examination of Ukraine's OPEN meddling in our election. After all, the Dems spent three years telling the world that foreign interference in an election must be investigated! Why so reticent to do so now, eh?

Trump is right about Ukraine.

1. Ukrainian ministers attacked Trump in the run-up to the 2016 election. MEDDLING.

2. Ukraine's ambassador to the U.S., Valeriy Chaly, wrote an op-ed that was published in the Hill critical of Trump. MEDDLING.

3. "The Financial Times article ended with this: "It was a consensus view, Leshchenko suggested to the Financial Times, telling the paper that the majority of Ukraine's politicians 'are on Hillary Clinton's side.'" MEDDLING.

4. It turns out one of Fusion GPS' sources was Leshchenko. During the Fusion GPS anti-Trump effort, information from Leshchenko ended up in the hands of Fusion GPS employee Nellie Ohr, the wife of senior Justice Department official Bruce Ohr. MEDDLING.

5. "The website reported Chalupa "occasionally shared her findings with officials from the DNC and Clinton's campaign." In March 2016, she went to the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington and "shared her concern," according to Politico, with Ambassador Chaly and one of his deputies, Oksana Shulyar. Not long after, Chalupa spoke again with the DNC, and, according to Politico, "with the DNC's encouragement, Chalupa asked embassy staff to try to arrange an interview in which [then-President Petro] Poroshenko might discuss Manafort's ties to Yanukovych." MEDDLING.

These are all serious and PUBLIC examples of Ukrainian (and DNC/DEM) collusion and meddling in our electoral process. Other serious COVERT examples surely exist and need to be uprooted and revealed.

The Adam Shittshow in Congress boils down to an attempt to throw out a duly elected president based upon POLICY disagreements (the president sets policy, not entrenched bureaucrats) and Democrat collusion with a foreign power to conduct a coup.

Remember this, Dems, when you next hold the White House. It will be open war. Continual, open war. We will seek to apply your standards to you. You hate that, but we love it.

Edit: Speaking of investigations, Hunter Biden was just named in an indictment in Ukraine. Ukraine News Agency.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:13 PM   #5079
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
The Adam Shittshow in Congress boils down to an attempt to throw out a duly elected president based upon POLICY disagreements (the president sets policy, not entrenched bureaucrats) and Democrat collusion with a foreign power to conduct a coup.
You forgot the part where they get to say "You can't seriously consider the supreme court nominee of a president who is under impeachment investigation!" when Ginsburg takes a turn for the worse.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:32 PM   #5080
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
It does not matter if he stood to gain or lose, it is an integral part of his job. Additionally, I hate to break it to you, but politicians do things that benefit them. It's called...politics.

The underlying investigation of 2016 election interference requires an examination of Ukraine's OPEN meddling in our election. After all, the Dems spent three years telling the world that foreign interference in an election must be investigated! Why so reticent to do so now, eh?

Trump is right about Ukraine.

1. Ukrainian ministers attacked Trump in the run-up to the 2016 election. MEDDLING.

2. Ukraine's ambassador to the U.S., Valeriy Chaly, wrote an op-ed that was published in the Hill critical of Trump. MEDDLING.

3. "The Financial Times article ended with this: "It was a consensus view, Leshchenko suggested to the Financial Times, telling the paper that the majority of Ukraine's politicians 'are on Hillary Clinton's side.'" MEDDLING.

4. It turns out one of Fusion GPS' sources was Leshchenko. During the Fusion GPS anti-Trump effort, information from Leshchenko ended up in the hands of Fusion GPS employee Nellie Ohr, the wife of senior Justice Department official Bruce Ohr. MEDDLING.

5. "The website reported Chalupa "occasionally shared her findings with officials from the DNC and Clinton's campaign." In March 2016, she went to the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington and "shared her concern," according to Politico, with Ambassador Chaly and one of his deputies, Oksana Shulyar. Not long after, Chalupa spoke again with the DNC, and, according to Politico, "with the DNC's encouragement, Chalupa asked embassy staff to try to arrange an interview in which [then-President Petro] Poroshenko might discuss Manafort's ties to Yanukovych." MEDDLING.

These are all serious and PUBLIC examples of Ukrainian (and DNC/DEM) collusion and meddling in our electoral process. Other serious COVERT examples surely exist and need to be uprooted and revealed.

The Adam Shittshow in Congress boils down to an attempt to throw out a duly elected president based upon POLICY disagreements (the president sets policy, not entrenched bureaucrats) and Democrat collusion with a foreign power to conduct a coup.

Remember this, Dems, when you next hold the White House. It will be open war. Continual, open war. We will seek to apply your standards to you. You hate that, but we love it.

Edit: Speaking of investigations, Hunter Biden was just named in an indictment in Ukraine. Ukraine News Agency.
No it won't because the GOP has no spine. Until they start acting just like the dems do it won't stop. Schiff, Pelosi etc belong in fucking Gitmo, that would be a start.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:40 PM.