Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Microsoft Acquires...
Last post by Phoenix1985
Today 07:46 PM
4 Replies, 90 Views
Shadow of the Tomb...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:42 PM
1 Replies, 19 Views
Forza Horizon 4 DLC...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:41 PM
0 Replies, 17 Views
Game & Movie Releases...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:37 PM
0 Replies, 13 Views
Activision says that...
Last post by vallor
Today 07:18 PM
27 Replies, 1,654 Views
Pokemon Detective...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:11 PM
1 Replies, 144 Views
Marvel's Stan Lee Series...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:07 PM
10 Replies, 321 Views
The Grinch Unwraps a Big...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 06:42 PM
0 Replies, 65 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #21
solinari6
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 411
The Man on the Moon has no concept of countries, he's just the moon! When you are on the moon and looking down at the Earth, you don't see countries. There are no borders ... you just see land mass and water.

He didn't say "Oh boy, look, the Americans are here!"

He was just all like "OMG, visitors from Earth! How nice!"
solinari6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:01 PM   #22
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Please, just drop the I'm a moderate from Maine act. Most of us see right through it.
I don't have much of an act to drop, but keep on tryin'.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:23 PM   #23
RAV
Lord
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
The Man on the Moon has no concept of countries, he's just the moon! When you are on the moon and looking down at the Earth, you don't see countries. There are no borders ... you just see land mass and water.

He didn't say "Oh boy, look, the Americans are here!"

He was just all like "OMG, visitors from Earth! How nice!"
It's fascinating, isn't it. Realizing this multifaceted truth of existence.

on the earth, you are part of the game of life on it. You are part of a people, part of a country, part of a system, and "do your job" accordingly.

But then you are standing on the moon, you become the man on the moon, and you look at the marvelous little ball up there, moving silently through this endless sea of cold and uncaring emptiness.

And in this moment, it really hits you like never before, this feeling, of whole-ness and one-ness, how we are all in the same boat, trying to survive as a whole, strifing together towards a better future even when we are strifing against each other, and everyone serving his part of this one organism, here and now and throughout history, this Gaia effect, that you are part of something greater, part of something really important, that maybe you are part of god himself, you all are, as children of god, and as you treat each other, you treat god. And as you realize this, for this moment, you are "above the fray", you are transcended, the man on the moon, maybe like an angel, maybe like an alien. But soon, as you stand among this barren landscape of bland rocks, you also are overcome by this longing for earth, this place in the heavens, full of its bustling busy life, full of beauty and gruelty, excitement and tragedy, care and contention, fun and cruelty, collaboration and competition. And as you come back, ready to once again assume your place in this game of life on earth, full of rightful pride of what you have achieved, what your team has achieved, your people, your country, you also come back now with this tiny spark of enlightenment, that at the same time you also served your part in an ongoing history of humanity, as a speciman of planet earth, because of all of us, and for all of us. I think that this idea too has always been a fascination of space travel, especially for those involved in doing the space travel, because nothing evokes that quite like it.

Hrrm, maybe it's a bit like in sports, where you are part of a team with much pride, and yet you also feel part of the sports scene, and in this the honor and respect of sportsmanship, as something transcendent to even team allegiance.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:38 PM   #24
Booda
Beam another Blast
 
Booda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Streets of Dis
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
It's fascinating, isn't it. Realizing this multifaceted truth of existence.

on the earth, you are part of the game of life on it. You are part of a people, part of a country, part of a system, and "do your job" accordingly.

But then you are standing on the moon, you become the man on the moon, and you look at the marvelous little ball up there, moving silently through this endless sea of cold and uncaring emptiness.

And in this moment, it really hits you like never before, this feeling, of whole-ness and one-ness, how we are all in the same boat, trying to survive as a whole, strifing together towards a better future even when we are strifing against each other, and everyone serving his part of this one organism, here and now and throughout history, this Gaia effect, that you are part of something greater, part of something really important, that maybe you are part of god himself, you all are, as children of god, and as you treat each other, you treat god. And as you realize this, for this moment, you are "above the fray", you are transcended, the man on the moon, maybe like an angel, maybe like an alien. But soon, as you stand among this barren landscape of bland rocks, you also are overcome by this longing for earth, this place in the heavens, full of its bustling busy life, full of beauty and gruelty, excitement and tragedy, care and contention, fun and cruelty, collaboration and competition. And as you come back, ready to once again assume your place in this game of life on earth, full of rightful pride of what you have achieved, what your team has achieved, your people, your country, you also come back now with this tiny spark of enlightenment, that at the same time you also served your part in an ongoing history of humanity, as a speciman of planet earth, because of all of us, and for all of us. I think that this idea too has always been a fascination of space travel, especially for those involved in doing the space travel, because nothing evokes that quite like it.

Hrrm, maybe it's a bit like in sports, where you are part of a team with much pride, and yet you also feel part of the sports scene, and in this the honor and respect of sportsmanship, as something transcendent to even team allegiance.


Somebody has to be the best. That's why we have America.

Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:18 PM   #25
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
It's fascinating, isn't it.
Oh just fuck off.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:18 PM   #26
RAV
Lord
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 96


Put on a good show, entertain and inspire us with your greatness.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:51 PM   #27
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead
 
ElektroDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 10,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Did the picture of the bad orange man trigger you and make you cry?
Orange?? Pfft…. he's the Tangerine Tyrant, don't you know!

And my favorite president of all time. Well maybe Reagan was better since he freed my motherland from the bootheel of communism.

'MURICA!!!!
__________________
Proud to be perma-banned 5 times on NeoGAF.
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:02 PM   #28
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Orange?? Pfft…. he's the Tangerine Tyrant, don't you know!

And my favorite president of all time. Well maybe Reagan was better since he freed my motherland from the bootheel of communism.

'MURICA!!!!
lol the TDS folks have a new name every week, nothing sticks.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:46 AM   #29
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I don't have much of an act to drop, but keep on tryin'.
Yeah because moderates parrot liberal talking points all the time. I don't have to try, you're ridiculous on your own.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:19 AM   #30
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Yeah because moderates parrot liberal talking points all the time.
Such as...?
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:20 AM   #31
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Such as...?
Really? You're going to play this game? Seriously? Such a loser.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:24 AM   #32
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Really? You're going to play this game? Seriously? Such a loser.
Well, you sure do like saying I parrot liberal talking points...but you're never actually able to tell me which ones I'm parroting.

It'd be kinda nice to know what I'm supposedly parroting, is all.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:31 AM   #33
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Well, you sure do like saying I parrot liberal talking points...but you're never actually able to tell me which ones I'm parroting.

It'd be kinda nice to know what I'm supposedly parroting, is all.
As if you forget the shit you posts in the LGW thread among other comments. It's ok, just be honest about it, you lean more left of center than right of center. If you're going to deny that? Then yes you are a liar.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:51 AM   #34
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
As if you forget the shit you posts in the LGW thread among other comments. It's ok, just be honest about it, you lean more left of center than right of center. If you're going to deny that? Then yes you are a liar.
On some things, sure; I'm absolutely more left of center. On plenty of others, I'm much more right of center. You're just so far to the right that anything will seem more liberal to you.

Just look at some of the responses toward First Man; people have definitely been blowing the lack of the flag-planting scene completely out of proportion (especially since the American flag is still shown front-and-center). The ludicrous "boycotts" some people are talking about because of it are just kinda stupid, as is the notion that the movie is struggling simply because of a controversy most people aren't even aware of.

To you, my overall ambivalence about the subject means that I'm liberal.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #35
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
On some things, sure; I'm absolutely more left of center. On plenty of others, I'm much more right of center. You're just so far to the right that anything will seem more liberal to you.

Just look at some of the responses toward First Man; people have definitely been blowing the lack of the flag-planting scene completely out of proportion (especially since the American flag is still shown front-and-center). The ludicrous "boycotts" some people are talking about because of it are just kinda stupid, as is the notion that the movie is struggling simply because of a controversy most people aren't even aware of.

To you, my overall ambivalence about the subject means that I'm liberal.
I've seen you make ONE right of center remark, that you are pro 2nd amendment. 99% of the other political posts you make are certainly left of center. Just own it that's all I ask. It's actually hilarious to me that those who frequently shill for left wing policy are so outraged when someone calls them a progressive.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:19 AM   #36
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I've seen you make ONE right of center remark, that you are pro 2nd amendment.
Well, that's just simply not correct at all.

You gloss over anything that doesn't quite match up with the narrative you've constructed in your head, whether you want to admit it or not

Quote:
99% of the other political posts you make are certainly left of center.
They may be left of your center...but your "center" is skewed pretty far to the right.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:50 PM   #37
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead
 
ElektroDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 10,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I've seen you make ONE right of center remark, that you are pro 2nd amendment. 99% of the other political posts you make are certainly left of center. Just own it that's all I ask. It's actually hilarious to me that those who frequently shill for left wing policy are so outraged when someone calls them a progressive.
This is fascinating. Here is how to be a TRUE moderate centrist, like me:

For small government
For less taxes
For less regulation
For an America First foreign policy
For laissez faire capitalism with some legislation to prevent corruption
For protection of religious freedom
For border control, no sanctuary cities
Get homeless out of city centers
YET:
For equal rights. marry your cat if you want
Pro choice
For gun control to the point where guns should be rounded up and melted down, start with criminals first
For a Palestinian state
Allow sane lawful immigration and asylum
Spend more money on the blasted homeless
For high minimum wages (unless you're an illegal!) and increased vacations
Not religious
__________________
Proud to be perma-banned 5 times on NeoGAF.
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:33 PM   #38
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
This is fascinating. Here is how to be a TRUE moderate centrist, like me:

For small government
For less taxes
For less regulation
For an America First foreign policy
For laissez faire capitalism with some legislation to prevent corruption
For protection of religious freedom
For border control, no sanctuary cities
Get homeless out of city centers
YET:
For equal rights. marry your cat if you want
Pro choice
For gun control to the point where guns should be rounded up and melted down, start with criminals first
For a Palestinian state
Allow sane lawful immigration and asylum
Spend more money on the blasted homeless
For high minimum wages (unless you're an illegal!) and increased vacations
Not religious
Hey, look at that. I agree with you on many of those sentiments!

It must mean we're both filthy progressives, according to some.

Can't agree with you on the gun control matter, though. At all.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front

Last edited by Chimpbot; 10-24-2018 at 05:37 PM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:51 PM   #39
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
This is fascinating. Here is how to be a TRUE moderate centrist, like me:
And who gave you the right to determine what is left, right or center? MOST of the items you list are NOT centrist at all IMO:

Quote:
For small government
For less taxes
For less regulation
For an America First foreign policy
For laissez faire capitalism with some legislation to prevent corruption
For protection of religious freedom
For border control, no sanctuary cities
All of the above are explicitly RIGHT of center...and WELL RIGHT of center at that.

Quote:
Get homeless out of city centers
Fuck that. Cities are almost universally run, and ruined, by progressives. Keep them there where they belong.


Quote:
For equal rights. marry your cat if you want
That's just stupid leftist idiocy. Get the state out of marriage entirely.

Quote:
Pro choice
For gun control to the point where guns should be rounded up and melted down, start with criminals first
For a Palestinian state
All leftist talking points.

Quote:
Spend more money on the blasted homeless
Nobody really wants to do that, lol. They just say they do. This isn't left, right, or center...it's hallucinatory.

Quote:
For high minimum wages (unless you're an illegal!) and increased vacations
Leftist.

Quote:
Not religious
Nobody cares any more.

Quote:
Allow sane lawful immigration and asylum
Your one centrist position. LOLOLOL.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:24 PM   #40
92miata
Evil Dead
 
92miata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 1,279
Went to see Smallfoot with a first date! Amazing time and will never forget it!
92miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekend boxoffice chart

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 PM.