Liberals gone wild
Last post by vallor
Yesterday 02:57 PM
2,940 Replies, 402,659 Views

Old 06-21-2018, 05:32 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Star Wars Fans Campaign to Remake The Last Jedi

CNET is reporting that a group of fans is raising awareness for a campaign to remake The Last Jedi. The group even claims to have producers willing to fun the $200 Million remake, including casting the original Last Jedi Stars.

Quote:
It's clear not all Star Wars fan were thrilled with The Last Jedi.

When the movie came out in December 2017, fans were quick to debate whether it was the most hated Star Wars film of the franchise. Some were so unhappy with the storylines they demanded the movie be forever removed from Star Wars canon.

Now some wants to take matters a step further and remake the entire film to their liking. A new campaign called Remake The Last Jedi has a plan to "not make one half of the fandom happy over the other, it is to make a film that the fandom in general as a whole enjoys."

Remake The Last Jedi
@RMTheLastJedi
Our team of producers is offering to cover the budget for a remake of The Last Jedi in order to save Star Wars. Share this and spread the word to let @RobertIger & @Disney know you want this! This isn't a joke, we're ready to have the convo now! #RemakeTheLastJedi #StarWars

"This is a campaign to provide Disney an opportunity to course correct with the Star Wars franchise," Remake The Last Jedi said in a statement on Wednesday. "The fans are completely divided and the core goal of Star Wars has been abandoned."
While this has never been done, I would love Hollywood to wake up and realize that a do-over actually could be done.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:06 PM   #2
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

I think it's a fake. Just another thing to point at when talking about toxic fans.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:52 PM   #3
IGXGamingTV
Game. Stream. Beer.

Still haven't seen this garbage; I saw enough from youtube. If they did remake it, though, I hope they unleash Luke Skywalker. I definitely would pay for that!
Old 06-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #4
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

I agree, the last jedi was garbage, so disappointing.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:34 PM   #5
MavenACTG
Dread Lord

It's fake.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:17 PM   #6
Rommel
International Playboy

Retconning in films, especially superhero films, happens all the time.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:53 PM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

TLJ is easily the worst of the four Disney SW films. It's not even close.

Well...it's kinda close with TFA, but...nah, not even close, it's such garbage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:56 PM   #8
Cefca
Dread Lord

Just do everything over after Episode 6. Such a waste of everything.

Hell, throw out Episodes 1 to 3 as well. But I know that is too much to ask for.

I have lost complete faith in Star Wars. Lucas and Disney saw to that.
Cefca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:30 PM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cefca View Post
Just do everything over after Episode 6. Such a waste of everything.

Hell, throw out Episodes 1 to 3 as well. But I know that is too much to ask for.

I have lost complete faith in Star Wars. Lucas and Disney saw to that.
I was actually surprised that Disney held onto the story for Episode 1-3 when they got the franchise. I would have said that only the original trilogy was canon and dumped everything else.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:10 PM   #10
wunshot
Subscriber

They need to dump 7-9 and replace it with the Thrawn Trilogy. They could use CGI for young versions of all the main characters and I wouldn't complain one bit.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:15 AM   #11
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I was actually surprised that Disney held onto the story for Episode 1-3 when they got the franchise. I would have said that only the original trilogy was canon and dumped everything else.
I think it was part of Lucas' contract, when he sold it, that they weren't allowed to touch or alter any of his original films.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:23 AM   #12
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGXGamingTV View Post
Still haven't seen this garbage; I saw enough from youtube. If they did remake it, though, I hope they unleash Luke Skywalker. I definitely would pay for that!
I honestly think that is part of the problem with the new films and their response to it.

The expanded universe allowed people to be much too vague about what The Force is and how it is used. As a result, across media, we have many different versions of what The Force looks like. In the Lucas films, The Force was a vague and mysterious spirituality that sometimes manifested itself as miraculous abilities. In man of the books, The Force is just pure magic. Notably, in the Tales Of The Jedi comics, Nomi Sunrider uses a "binding" Force Ability to sever Ulic Qel Droma's ability to use The Force. The cartoons used The Force as an excuse to do anime "badassery". Videogames like The Force Unleashed were obsessed with showing The Force as being, well, "unlimited power".

So what is it? What can it do and what can't it do? I'm all for not explaining what The Force is and what it I can do, but there is a large number of modern film goers who walk into a modern Star Wars film expecting it to be Dragon Ball Z. They want Luke to be a "badass". They want him to take on an entire Imperial Legion by himself. However, that's something of a ridiculous prospect from the standpoint of The Force that we see depicted in A New Hope.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:29 AM   #13
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I think it was part of Lucas' contract, when he sold it, that they weren't allowed to touch or alter any of his original films.
Who said anything about altering them? I am just saying you ignore them and move forward as if they never happened.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:21 AM   #14
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Who said anything about altering them? I am just saying you ignore them and move forward as if they never happened.
If you mean just don't talk about them like, say, KOTOR doesn't talk about them then I would agree that would be a great choice. But there are a bizarre number of people who literally say "Star Wars is Luke and Han and Leia to me and if they're not in it, I'm not watching." I think that's super weird, but that's an opinion that's out there and pretty prevalent.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:21 AM   #15
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
This would be an exceptionally foolish move. While many of the older fans hate the prequel trilogy, there's absolutely no denying the fact that the prequels are Star Wars to an entire generation of fans. To the kids that grew up as the prequel movies were being released and caught Clone Wars as it aired, it would be just as much "Star Wars" as the original films.

It's been 13 years since the last one came out. Get over it.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:30 AM   #16
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
This would be an exceptionally foolish move.
Baloney. That kind of thing happens repeatedly across all artistic endeavors. You can incorporate or ignore whatever you like.

After film #9 next year, I'd seriously consider doing a new #1-3, then a new #7-9. It would be long enough after the originals of each of those to certainly allow for creative license and reimagining.

Make it so.
Quote:
Old 06-22-2018, 08:48 AM   #17
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Baloney. That kind of thing happens repeatedly across all artistic endeavors. You can incorporate or ignore whatever you like.
Sure. It would also be further alienating an entire generation of fans. Specifically, it would be alienating the ones who are now adults with young children. Throwing out huge chunks of the story would likely win back some of the older fans, but they'd likely lose a bunch of the younger fans along the way.

There was a huge backlash when Disney tossed out the old EU. I can only imagine what it would be like if they tossed out three of the movies.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:27 AM   #18
Paranoia
Evil Dead

The Last Jedi was garbage because Rian Johnson want to sell you his politics with the Canto Bight scene.

He also sucks at human relationship which is why Rose-Finn "love" was awkward as fuck.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:48 AM   #19
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
There was a huge backlash when Disney tossed out the old EU.
Such nonsense conflation of events. Fans were pissed, but The Force Awakens did over TWO BILLION in global sales, ranking in the top five all time, AFTER Disney made that decision.

The reason Star Wars is struggling now is because Disney has made a complete clusterfuck of episodes seven and eight, particularly eight. Folks were excited for seven despite the EU 'snap.'* They even returned for eight (top 15 all time) to a large degree. Now that they've seen what Disney is doing with the sequential series, they're pissed, and rightfully so.

They should go back to #1-3, then 7-9 after number 9 releases next year. That would place the release schedule as follows:

#1 - 2021
#2 - 2023
#3 - 2025
#7 - 2027
#8 - 2029
#9 - 2031

That's plenty of time between the 'original' and a better version. If they want, they can go every third year rather than every other. Keep the mystique alive through scarcity.

If they don't want a mulligan, just wrap this whole series up and go to a different time in the same universe...perhaps to when the jedi first formed, or something like that. Do something NEW!

* (If you don't get that reference, you're not a film or comic fan).
Quote:
Old 06-22-2018, 09:58 AM   #20
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post

They should go back to #1-3, then 7-9 after number 9 releases next year. That would place the release schedule as follows:
I think if scrapping 1-3 was an option, they shouldn't remake them. Leave the mystery for our imagination. They really should remake 7-9. I agree with that part completely.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
star wars