Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
PlayerUnknown's...
Last post by ministryofwrath
Today 06:16 AM
11 Replies, 832 Views
Ron Howard Tweets a Han...
Last post by Terran
Today 06:04 AM
6 Replies, 478 Views
1922 Trailer: Thomas...
Last post by Terran
Today 04:59 AM
3 Replies, 195 Views
Gamer's Shopping Guide,...
Last post by 92miata
Today 12:04 AM
4 Replies, 1,846 Views
Fortnite Battle Royal...
Last post by MadMurdock_0311
Yesterday 11:57 PM
9 Replies, 742 Views
Destiny 2 Faction...
Last post by ElektroDragon
Yesterday 09:21 PM
12 Replies, 859 Views
Weekend Gamer: What are...
Last post by Arionuq
Yesterday 08:41 PM
8 Replies, 404 Views
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 08:28 PM
11 Replies, 457 Views
» Promotion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2017, 04:20 PM   #161
Anemone
Evil Dead
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Autarchist
Posts: 6,092
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
So, we're using the likes of ZeroHedge and Breitbart as legitimate sources, now?

I guess that's all I need to know.
Hey now, how can you forget Infowars?

As if CNN, NBC, and ABC, et al., aren't full of fake news these days all the same. It's all been documented.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.
Anemone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:17 PM   #162
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Nice genetic fallacy from another idiot who wishes to wave away facts due to the url.

The facts on my linked page are taken DIRECTLY from The Washington Post, ABC, and OBAMA HIMSELF. You know, the liberal echo chamber. Admitting the facts.

Enjoy my sig! I sure as hell am!
I'm sorry if I judge the site - with articles typically penned by "Tyler Durden" - as a whole...not simply based on one article.

Oh, wait. No, I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Hey now, how can you forget Infowars?

As if CNN, NBC, and ABC, et al., aren't full of fake news these days all the same. It's all been documented.
Why don't we just bring David Icke into the mix?
I don't trust the mainstream outlets...but, c'mon.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:07 PM   #163
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 5,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimbrel View Post
Getting your news from Breitbart. What a shock.....

In any case, simple reminder, Regular Americans believe that all men are created equal regardless of race, creed, gender, orientation, country of origin, etc. Your moron fucksquad who feel "alienated" by a Muslim are considered to be cowardly defectives in the eyes of actual Americans.
You sir, are wrong. If every American believed that we would not be living in a country where:

Colleges frequently stand up kangaroo courts which condemn males to exile and permanent lifelong educational and professional damage on nothing more than a CYA policy.

The myth of the 70 cent wage gap is allowed to persist and policy is built around this myth.

Sexism can only exist in one direction.

Racism is only allowed to exist in one direction.

"Productive" discussion can only happen when one group is allowed to "punch up" and any criticism to the argument is considered "punching down" and bullying.

I, as a white male vilified for:
  1. Expected to pay reparations for crimes I didn't commit (slavery, "white privilege, misogyny of various levels)
  2. A probable rapist (I just don't know it yet)
  3. Expected to forgive and forget breaking the modern rule of law because someone in the annals of history may have done something bad to someone else in the far flung past but not being able to lay claim to the same abuses which lasted for far longer and were much more brutal to MY far flung ancestors
  4. Toxic by virtue of my gender and race for some reason (just ask the University of Wisconsin which gives males now a "safe space" to go contemplate their toxic masculinity when they get done with their FOR CREDIT CLASS about how white people have all the privileges)
  5. Double-standards (Christians slander away!, Muslims criticism BIGOT/Racist even if Islam isn't actually a race!)
  6. Concern about national security and illegal immigration (RACIST!)

You asked why Obama's tenure as President was a failure? Because under his watch divisions across the social, economic, political, and international spectrums FAILED. Like cracks upon a iced over lake there wasn't a single thing - foreign or domestic policy wise - which he can point to which he was able to manage as a true success.

Everything he did he did as a bully just like every other SJW/Alinsky tactic you might ever see. Don't wanna do it? He'd shame you through any means necessary, with a corrupt media pandering at his every oratory word, until you gave in.

Domestically:
Obamacare. The watered down piece of shit that we ended up with was jammed through at the objection of nearly everyone. The Dems didn't want it (which is why they took forever to revise and revise) and they paid for it.

At the same time by taking serious, divisive positions full of ignorant rhetoric he incited identity and racial tensions to a fever pitch not seen since the worst of the pre-civil rights era. Even worse thanks to the tacit approval of the President the repercussions were so minor because to have anything worse would be tantamount to contradicting the President. So the rule of law turned "He could have been my son" into the rule of the mob for the rest of his Presidency and no one did a damn thing. After all if the first Black President doesn't know the scoop when it comes to perceived racial inequality and what it takes to right that wrong who does? If he approves of the actions of the mobs, even if it's not by outright condemning it, it must be ok, right?

You cannot FORCE social change. Ask any President since Lincoln. FDR, Truman, JFK, LBJ, Nixon, you name it. But Obama tried to do this and all it's done is tear people apart even more at a time when the natural course was heading that direction already. For some reason he felt the need to accelerate the process for what? His legacy? Now puzzle pieces that were falling into place are torn to shreds. Who knows how long till they come back together?

Foreign policy. Failure after failure. The US is the laughing stock. No one has failed in the world stage both in diplomacy or militarily so greatly since the Russians got smoked in Afghanistan in the 80s leading to the rise of the Taliban and other radical factions.

From a diplomacy standpoint we are weaker on the world stage from having a leader who has continually given up American interests in an effort to mitigate US power to level the world playing field. For example giving up ICANN; obligating the US to insane Climate Control regulations, refusing to harvest America's natural resources to support imports from 3rd world countries, TPP, Import/Export Bank. Apologizing for nuking Japan despite everything.

The approval of Cuba and tolerance of the Castro regime in Cuba is a tremendous blow to 50 years of US policy against communism. Cuba has nothing to offer us. All this has done is give their leadership the validation they have been looking for.

The invisible "red" line in Syria which showed a level of cowardice which boggles the mind today. I still can't believe a President would make that threat to begin with then, having made the threat, not follow through.

America is NEUTERED.

Man, I could go on and on but do I even need to?

I voted for him twice. I was left and I might have stayed left if I had gotten a public option for health care and hadn't had the "evil" of my white maleness shoved down my throat.

But shit, enough is enough. #MAGA
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:40 PM   #164
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I'm sorry if I judge the site
Only a progressive or a fool (I repeat myself) dismisses information based not on its veracity but on the digital 'paper' it's printed on. The link is perfectly acceptable, but even if it weren't (and nobody gives a shit about that but idiots who attempt to dismiss information they don't like through lazy-ass unintellectual fallacies like you did), it links within it directly to an image published by the Washington Post with the data in question as well as an embedded video of Obama's ABC interview where he says what he is quoted as saying in his own words.

You, sir, are a dumbass.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:46 AM   #165
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
You sir, are wrong. If every American believed that we would not be living in a country where:

Colleges frequently stand up kangaroo courts which condemn males to exile and permanent lifelong educational and professional damage on nothing more than a CYA policy.

The myth of the 70 cent wage gap is allowed to persist and policy is built around this myth.

Sexism can only exist in one direction.

Racism is only allowed to exist in one direction.

"Productive" discussion can only happen when one group is allowed to "punch up" and any criticism to the argument is considered "punching down" and bullying.

I, as a white male vilified for:
  1. Expected to pay reparations for crimes I didn't commit (slavery, "white privilege, misogyny of various levels)
  2. A probable rapist (I just don't know it yet)
  3. Expected to forgive and forget breaking the modern rule of law because someone in the annals of history may have done something bad to someone else in the far flung past but not being able to lay claim to the same abuses which lasted for far longer and were much more brutal to MY far flung ancestors
  4. Toxic by virtue of my gender and race for some reason (just ask the University of Wisconsin which gives males now a "safe space" to go contemplate their toxic masculinity when they get done with their FOR CREDIT CLASS about how white people have all the privileges)
  5. Double-standards (Christians slander away!, Muslims criticism BIGOT/Racist even if Islam isn't actually a race!)
  6. Concern about national security and illegal immigration (RACIST!)

You asked why Obama's tenure as President was a failure? Because under his watch divisions across the social, economic, political, and international spectrums FAILED. Like cracks upon a iced over lake there wasn't a single thing - foreign or domestic policy wise - which he can point to which he was able to manage as a true success.

Everything he did he did as a bully just like every other SJW/Alinsky tactic you might ever see. Don't wanna do it? He'd shame you through any means necessary, with a corrupt media pandering at his every oratory word, until you gave in.

Domestically:
Obamacare. The watered down piece of shit that we ended up with was jammed through at the objection of nearly everyone. The Dems didn't want it (which is why they took forever to revise and revise) and they paid for it.

At the same time by taking serious, divisive positions full of ignorant rhetoric he incited identity and racial tensions to a fever pitch not seen since the worst of the pre-civil rights era. Even worse thanks to the tacit approval of the President the repercussions were so minor because to have anything worse would be tantamount to contradicting the President. So the rule of law turned "He could have been my son" into the rule of the mob for the rest of his Presidency and no one did a damn thing. After all if the first Black President doesn't know the scoop when it comes to perceived racial inequality and what it takes to right that wrong who does? If he approves of the actions of the mobs, even if it's not by outright condemning it, it must be ok, right?

You cannot FORCE social change. Ask any President since Lincoln. FDR, Truman, JFK, LBJ, Nixon, you name it. But Obama tried to do this and all it's done is tear people apart even more at a time when the natural course was heading that direction already. For some reason he felt the need to accelerate the process for what? His legacy? Now puzzle pieces that were falling into place are torn to shreds. Who knows how long till they come back together?

Foreign policy. Failure after failure. The US is the laughing stock. No one has failed in the world stage both in diplomacy or militarily so greatly since the Russians got smoked in Afghanistan in the 80s leading to the rise of the Taliban and other radical factions.

From a diplomacy standpoint we are weaker on the world stage from having a leader who has continually given up American interests in an effort to mitigate US power to level the world playing field. For example giving up ICANN; obligating the US to insane Climate Control regulations, refusing to harvest America's natural resources to support imports from 3rd world countries, TPP, Import/Export Bank. Apologizing for nuking Japan despite everything.

The approval of Cuba and tolerance of the Castro regime in Cuba is a tremendous blow to 50 years of US policy against communism. Cuba has nothing to offer us. All this has done is give their leadership the validation they have been looking for.

The invisible "red" line in Syria which showed a level of cowardice which boggles the mind today. I still can't believe a President would make that threat to begin with then, having made the threat, not follow through.

America is NEUTERED.

Man, I could go on and on but do I even need to?

I voted for him twice. I was left and I might have stayed left if I had gotten a public option for health care and hadn't had the "evil" of my white maleness shoved down my throat.

But shit, enough is enough. #MAGA
Bingo, how anyone can not see this man's presidency for what it was, a total joke and failure, is beyond me. Again there's a reason Democrats lost at ALL levels in government over the past few elections. People are just done with the left's bullshit.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:59 AM   #166
Whimbrel
Subhuman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,636
Peace...............

Last edited by Whimbrel; 01-11-2017 at 10:55 AM..
Whimbrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #167
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimbrel View Post
Every time I hear white males complaining about the shaft that society is giving them I know exactly what kind of whiny dumbass I am hearing from. White males, especially Christian white males in this country at this time in history are the most privileged group of people to ever walk the earth. I know, the stupid ones don't see it and they complain and shit, I have heard it all before. I feel a bit sorry for you guys being all victimized and shit. Watch out for those Muslim's who hurt your feelings by being American and make you feel all alienated and minoritized. The ultimate irony is that the same privileged entitled whiners who want to be handed supremacy on a unicorn cock for no reason aside from their misplaced sense of worth and tradition complain that America isn't masculine enough because some kids get participation medals. You stupid fuckers can't ever see that this is an argument composed and expressed by a group of people who don't just want an unjustified participation medal, they think they should get first place.
Your post seems to be a series of strawman arguments.

People, at least the majority who you're responding to by name, don't say that their feelings are hurt because an American happens to be Muslim. It's not asking to be handed supremacy to be asked to be treated equally. The participation medals issue isn't about masculinity; it's about allow children to find out that they can fail at things, that not winning at everything is fine, and not to be shocked when they're not handed great paying job and treated as if they're just as useful as the next person despite their inferior performance. The argument sent in your direction is not one in which people are demanding a participation medal while complaining about such practices; the argument is that allowing individuals to succeed and fail based upon their own success or failings is paramount to a person ultimately finding success. Now you treat groups, as you talk about Christian white males being the most privileged group on Earth, as if being a white Christian male's life is akin to the SNL Eddie Murphy skit about being white; it's beyond dumb -- it's actually quite racist. Because fools like yourself, who also tend to hold racist and sexist views(as seen with your views regarding white males), actually cause harm to minority groups. All of the "help" afforded to American Indians has done what? Don't worry, just take some more tax payer money and give it to our tribes and it'll be great -- I mean, it's worked so well thus far, right?

When you waive away someone's views due to their race and gender, what does that make you? Having a difficult time? Imagine a person saying "You're a black female, therefore your complaints can be ignored solely based upon your skin color and gender." That'd be called racist and sexist -- and it would be. This is what you're engaging in.

If you're too stupid to understand the argument presented to you - which your strawman about Muslims illustrates you are - how do you expect your rebuttal that is essentially "you're a white male, so your views don't matter" to be taken seriously?

And, by the way, I'm an American Indian.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:52 AM   #168
Whimbrel
Subhuman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,636
Peace...............
Whimbrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:21 AM   #169
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimbrel View Post
Peace...............
Bullshit. There is no peace with progressives. Your only concern is imposing your will upon those who don't want to bake your damn cake, or see your penis in the girl's locker room, or pay for your abortion, or watch you rip their right to bear arms away, or regulate puddles on their property, or regulate their business into bankruptcy, or ruin their cities, all while lecturing others from the top of Mount Elitist Assholery as you live in the most segregated neighborhoods and regions in the country, you hypocrites.

There will be no peace. Your actions have made sure of that. The only response you all understand is power. See my sig. and enjoy the next four to eight years as a party relegated to coastal and urban oases in a sea of red.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:25 PM   #170
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 368
Anyone who takes any source of news literally is a fool. All of it is fake, it just varies on who you're dumb enough to have faith in. They're simply stories lazily pieced together to get the most attention. Facts don't matter. Two thousand years ago the biggest news was some guy walking on water. Now it's about some guy who likes golden showers. Does anything change?
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:30 PM   #171
Anemone
Evil Dead
 
Anemone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Autarchist
Posts: 6,092
Blog Entries: 3
If you've ever been the subject of a media story, I have a few times now, you know the dramatic slant between what you know to be true and what actually gets reported, even for minor news.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.
Anemone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:19 PM   #172
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 5,974
Quote:
Every time I hear white males complaining about the shaft that society is giving them I know exactly what kind of whiny dumbass I am hearing from. White males, especially Christian white males in this country at this time in history are the most privileged group of people to ever walk the earth.
Thank you for making my point for me.

What evidence do we have over the last decade that shows white people, specifically males, are any more detrimental to society than any other time? It sure feels more like revenge than looking for equality.

If a person is denied justice due to these traits does it matter what the race and gender is or is it simply a case of a person denied justice?

Should someone be held to account for historical wrongs they had nothing to do with and there is no provable link between their success (or lack thereof) and the events they are being judged as complicit to or held back by?

And should the rule of law be suspended in an effort to "balance the scales" of wrongs which are being fueled by age old grievances recycled over and over to fire up the crowds?

Are we still carrying guilt to the seventh son of the seventh son?

If so there are some people of Sumerian, Egyptian, Roman, and African decent that owe me big time.

Oh yeah. What about Obama made him so awesome? I missed that part of your response before your edit.

p.s. I don't care about jews, stormfront, 1488 or whatever. I just want equality to really mean equality. NOT as a double-standard (ladies clubs good, mens clubs BAD) or a round-about way of seeking revenge and extracting a pound of flesh for something I couldn't change or do a good goddamn thing about. And I'm sure as hell am not going to apologize for or pay a bribe to in order to maintain law and order.

Not Alt-Right. #MAGA.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:38 PM   #173
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Oh yeah. What about Obama made him so awesome? I missed that part of your response before your edit.
He didn't actually have anything to point to. His argument circled back to what he felt was a lack of objectivity, while not presenting anything approaching objectivity in support of his own position.

"I feel like they [black Americans] don't have the knowledge of how it works" - a liberal in the video below:
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:46 PM   #174
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
Your post seems to be a series of strawman arguments.
You just described every lefty that still posts on Evav, some who have left like bean, and then the one guy who pretends to be an Ancap while proposing the most authoritarian progressive shit ever.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:30 AM   #175
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 368
Be thankful Obama gave all these mentally ill SJWs the courage to finally come out of their parents' basement and make it easier for us to identify and cast them out as the sick people they are.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:36 AM   #176
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Only a progressive or a fool (I repeat myself) dismisses information based not on its veracity but on the digital 'paper' it's printed on. The link is perfectly acceptable, but even if it weren't (and nobody gives a shit about that but idiots who attempt to dismiss information they don't like through lazy-ass unintellectual fallacies like you did), it links within it directly to an image published by the Washington Post with the data in question as well as an embedded video of Obama's ABC interview where he says what he is quoted as saying in his own words.

You, sir, are a dumbass.
News sites - as with newspapers, magazines, and TV channels - are much more than just the "paper" an article is printed on. They carry with them anow overarching tone, bias, spin, theme and reputation.

I'm not judging the "paper" the information was written on. I'm judging the reputation of the site presenting the information.

If the information they're providing is so valuable, why not link the articles they're citing instead?
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:51 AM   #177
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
News sites - as with newspapers, magazines, and TV channels - are much more than just the "paper" an article is printed on. They carry with them anow overarching tone, bias, spin, theme and reputation.

I'm not judging the "paper" the information was written on. I'm judging the reputation of the site presenting the information.

If the information they're providing is so valuable, why not link the articles they're citing instead?
And the MSM proved that by shilling for Hillary so hard that they made it so blatantly obvious they were directly in bed with the DNC, and you're worried about sources? Cmon!
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:06 AM   #178
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I'm judging the reputation of the site presenting the information.
You're using a bullshit, lying, ignorant logical fallacy I've already linked to, but since you couldn't dispute the Online Writing Lab of Purdue University you're ignoring that fact and doubling down on doing so.

The source of a video with the president SPEAKING THE WORDS owning his own responsibility for the electoral shellacking the Dems have suffered in the past six years is completely unimportant. It's the president...in his own words...saying what I said he said...ON VIDEO.

The graph at the link is taken directly from the Washington Post, that purveyor of far right fake news (lol), which drew it from a cited source that simply calculated and graphed the electoral numbers in terms of partisan representation after each of the past several elections.

Use your damn brain. Information is either correct or not. It doesn't matter if you receive it by text, phone call, e-mail, a website, word of mouth, carrier pigeon, mail...if it's true, it's true, and when the source simply directs you right to the PRIMARY purveyor of the facts in question (such as the president actually speaking), or cites the originator of the information for you to verify (as in the graph), you're simply ignorant and/or dishonest for deflecting due to the location of the video and/or graphic.

tl;dr version? You're full of shit.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #179
Whimbrel
Subhuman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post

What evidence do we have over the last decade that shows white people, specifically males, are any more detrimental to society than any other time? It sure feels more like revenge than looking for equality.



Oh yeah. What about Obama made him so awesome? I missed that part of your response before your edit.
I was being an asshole, and I decided that none of the points or arguments I was participating in were worth keeping those posts. If I can't act like I feel like I should regardless of internet anonymity bully syndrome or whatever it is, I should just back out.

Some of the points made in the thread overall and in replies to my posts don't make sense to me and I wouldn't know where to start in response.

As to your specific points, I don't see how anything I have said (or currently think if we start fresh) indicates anything about white males being detrimental. I said privileged, not harmful. They can use this privilege to accomplish phenomenal good. I see no connection between what I said and what you wrote in response.

Secondly, I did not make any argument for why Obama was great in my opinion. I did make a few points about the loss of Democrat seats over Obama's term.

1. The number of seats held by a party seems to be a very strange metric for the value of a presidency.

2. Correlation does not necessitate causation. Seats were lost, and Obama was president. Both facts. But the causation hasn't been demonstrated, and we know there were many other significant factors involved including, media, other incumbents, redistricting, and citizens united.
Whimbrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:22 AM   #180
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimbrel View Post
Correlation does not necessitate causation. Seats were lost, and Obama was president. Both facts.
President Obama admits culpability in the electoral defeats suffered by Dems in the past six years.

You seem to be doubling down on t3hstup3dz, lol. As I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
He admits it himself. I have my disagreements with him but he's clearly not stupid, considering he admits his culpability in the Dems annihilation across the board politically. How about you?
LOL. It appears we have our answer as regards yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Obama, a few days ago
I take some responsibility on that. I-- I think that some of it was circumstances. If you look at-- what happened, I came in in the middle of the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. And unlike FDR who waited-- well, didn't take office until about three years into the Great Depression, it was happening just as I was elected.

I think we did a really good job in saving this economy and putting us back on the track of growth. But what that meant is in 2010 there were a lot of folks who were still out of work. There were a lot of folks who had lost their homes or saw their home values plummet, their 401k's plummet.

And we were just at the beginnings of a recovery. And the, you know, whoever is president at that point is gonna get hit and his party's gonna get hit. That then means that suddenly you've got a redistricting in which a lot of state legislatures are now Republican. They draw lines that give a huge structural advantage in subsequent elections.

So-- so some of this was circumstances. But what I think that what is also true is that partly because my docket was really full here, so I couldn't be both chief organizer of the Democratic Party and function as Commander-in-Chief and President of the United States. We did not begin what I think needs to happen over the long haul, and that is rebuild the Democratic Party at the ground level.
He's not alone in culpability, but he admits the correlation and if you deny it, you're a moron considering even he admits it. In fact, Obama severely cut funding to state-level Democrat operations and left them to financially fend for themselves during much of his administration. Thanks Obama!

You're just ignorant if you can't see what even the president himself sees, despite his kindness to himself and circumlocution with the facts.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sjw, snow flakes

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:30 AM.