Last post by hurstshifter
Yesterday 06:24 PM
1 Replies, 235 Views

Old 06-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #21
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Cyberpunk 2077 trailer was dull. Show me the gameplay. It's been how many years and they come back with a hodgepodge of cutscenes. What a letdown.
Hopefully the gameplay is a hell of a lot more interesting because after all this waiting I expected more than Grand Theft Ready Player One.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:33 PM   #22
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

I would totally be down for a scifi GTA. I've been practically begging for such a game since GTA2. Just fucking SHOW IT.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:09 PM   #23
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Cyberpunk 2077 trailer was dull. Show me the gameplay. It's been how many years and they come back with a hodgepodge of cutscenes. What a letdown.
For me I really do not need to see anything other than a release date. Projekt Red has earned their right to be a "buy always" developer. So seeing anything Cyperpunk related is just icing on the cake. Gameplay would be nice, but this is likely a 2020 title, so there is nothing really to be gained by seeing how it plays.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:18 PM   #24
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

I'm a little wary of CD Projekt after a whole slew of former devs recently talked about a shitty working environment and directionless leadership. Really hoping The Witcher series hasn't been a fluke because Witcher 3 is the best game of the decade. How the hell do you follow that?
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:29 PM   #25
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Actually it's because all the multiplatform titles are better on Xbox One X. Zing!
Since the system has sold so few units, there isn't any way to tell. Zing!
Old 06-10-2018, 07:04 PM   #26
Primus
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
I am now convinced you're a paid shill for Sony. How do you take 15 good console exclusives, 18 launch exclusives, and 5 new studio acquisitions and still come out with your typical Xbox haz no gaemz hur hur hur? Are you a blind man or just play one on the internet?
Yeah, he's glazing over Gears of War, Halo, Crackdown, Horizon, which are literally the reasons we bought this console, and even shit like Vermintide 2 being a gamepass launch game (this is promising for the future of the service). Like you said, every multiplat is going to be better on the XB1X. I own both but why would I play RDR2 or Cyberpunk on my PS4?

I'm pretty happy right now.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:24 PM   #27
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Yeah, he's glazing over Gears of War, Halo, Crackdown, Horizon, which are literally the reasons we bought this console, and even shit like Vermintide 2 being a gamepass launch game (this is promising for the future of the service). Like you said, every multiplat is going to be better on the XB1X. I own both but why would I play RDR2 or Cyberpunk on my PS4?

I'm pretty happy right now.
Well, Crackdown looked like Ass and we know that the last Gears game wasn't very good and neither was the last Forza. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
So that leaves a Halo game that they didn't even talk about.

Ok.

Plus, I suspect after the big hoopla over Halo Online that Halo Infinite is just them re-launching Halo Online on the console and on PC.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:53 PM   #28
Primus
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Well, Crackdown looked like Ass and we know that the last Gears game wasn't very good and neither was the last Forza. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
So that leaves a Halo game that they didn't even talk about.

Ok.

Plus, I suspect after the big hoopla over Halo Online that Halo Infinite is just them re-launching Halo Online on the console and on PC.
Crackdown and Gears looked like more Crackdown and Gears. YMMV, but if you liked those games you are going to like these ones. FH3 is sitting on a 91 on Metacritic, it's one of the few truly great exclusives this gen. It was excellent and 4 looks like more of the same caliber. You are just Ponying, hard.

PSN: Leper DCE
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:27 PM   #29
Capt_Thad
Evil Dead

Haven't played a Gears title before, but I might jump in now that they're on PC. Forza Horizon 3 was amazing, so I expect more of the same from Forza Horizon 4. Only downside for me is that it's releasing so close to the Crew 2.

Sea of Thieves is getting a lot of hate, but I really enjoy the game. The dev team has been pretty open/awesome with the community, so the announcements/teasers were expected, but I'm always looking forward to SoT trailers.

Little annoyed we didn't see Fable.

If had an Xbox, I'd prolly be on top of that gamepass. They're starting to build a halfway decent library for the Windows 10 store though, which is nice.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:54 PM   #30
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

What was the advanced wars fantasy knock off games name? Thought that looked cool.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:24 PM   #31
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Gentlemen, there's a new Battletoads game coming next year. We should all feel blessed.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:25 PM   #32
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Crackdown and Gears looked like more Crackdown and Gears. YMMV, but if you liked those games you are going to like these ones. FH3 is sitting on a 91 on Metacritic, it's one of the few truly great exclusives this gen. It was excellent and 4 looks like more of the same caliber. You are just Ponying, hard.
Actually, I think the art on the first Crackdown was better than this one. All that power and it just looked like nothing. But, Crackdown was kind of a one-off anyway. There was a Crackdown 2, remember, and it flopped too.

It wasn't so much that Microsoft didn't show off good games, they showed off a TON of great games, it was just that they had almost nothing of their own to show off. The games they showed that people really want to play like Dying Light 2 were all multiplatform titles.

They had almost nothing to show of their own. What they should have been showing off, the Halo title, they literally didn't say a single word about beyond the title.

I thought Gears of War 5 looked fantastic, it is just that after Gears of War 4 I don't expect much from that studio. (And I expect even less knowing that they have 4 titles in development all at once.) I also think that switching the main character to some no-name secondary female character seemed kinda trendy and forced.

The least they could have done is do an Anya game if they were going to go that route. Personally, I would have gone with Carmine.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:10 AM   #33
Juan
Evil Dead

So still nothing exclusive from Microsoft apart from Gears and Halo. What the hell have they been doing for 5 years? I have never seen a company manage a product this bad, the once great xbox brand is now dog shit.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 02:30 AM   #34
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

I think Xbox killed it, really. They continue to have more interesting first party titles than anything Sony is doing, in my opinion. I guess it's a new Sega vs. Nintendo type situation. They both have a lineup that caters to a certain audience and Sony's first party games do not cater to me at all.

I wish they had shown Battletoads, though. I have no idea what they were thinking with that non-trailer. What's the point in showing it if there's nothing worth showing? And the reveal is you ONE chance to get all the "hype" focused on one moment in time. They blew it with a weird joke about the turbo tunnels that confused everyone on the streams I watched.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:33 AM   #35
Juan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I think Xbox killed it, really. They continue to have more interesting first party titles than anything Sony is doing, in my opinion.
I'm curious, which of their small handful of exclusive titles do you find interesting? Halo, Gears and Forza are very generic fps, 3rd person & racing games. Not bad games just tired and generic.

The only interesting exclusive Microsoft has at this point imo is cuphead but even that i haven't gotten around to buying yet.

Obviously everyone has a different opinion but i find it almost unfathomable that you could claim Microsoft has a superior 1st party line to Sony. They just don't, not even close.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:51 AM   #36
Angelus073
Dread Lord

I think they are moving in the right direction but only because of the studio acquisitions. I am so tired of Gears and Halo. 343 can't get Halo right and Gears is not as good without Epic. They are just milking these tired IP's.

Forza is cool, there are now 10 of them so this is just a reskin with a new map and seasons.

I think they have a plan now but this will be Xbox for the next 3-5 years. This generation has gone for them. Xbox One is shite, the One is very nice but they are winning no fans back. I have both and my PS4 will carry on being the one thats used the most.

Not sure how anyone can think the Xbox exclusives are more interesting, Last of Us, Uncharted, Spiderman, God of War, Horizon, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, Yakusza, Persona 5, Ni No Kuni, Bloodbourne, Last Guardian, Ico and on and on.

Not even close this generation.
Angelus073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:52 AM   #37
Angelus073
Dread Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
I'm curious, which of their small handful of exclusive titles do you find interesting? Halo, Gears and Forza are very generic fps, 3rd person & racing games. Not bad games just tired and generic.

The only interesting exclusive Microsoft has at this point imo is cuphead but even that i haven't gotten around to buying yet.

Obviously everyone has a different opinion but i find it almost unfathomable that you could claim Microsoft has a superior 1st party line to Sony. They just don't, not even close.
To add to this, you don't even need an Xbox for these, you can play them all on PC. There is a difference between exclusive and console exclusive.
Angelus073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:47 AM   #38
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus073 View Post
To add to this, you don't even need an Xbox for these, you can play them all on PC. There is a difference between exclusive and console exclusive.
That is the only reason I know the last Gears of War was really average, it was on the PC so i did play it. Same with Sea of Thieves (or the game demo for Sea of Thieves... if you have played it you know what I mean... HaHa) and State of Decay.

I know that this generation of Xbox is really average because I’ve been playing this generation of Xbox on my PC. That is half the reason I’m not impressed by the announcement of a new Gears... I know the last one was shit so why would I think the next one will be good?

Having their exclusives be available on the PC is a huge mistake. Those people who do want to play them can just buy a PS4 and the one or two Xbox exclusives they can get on the PC. If they are going to go that route, they should be putting their games up on Steam so at least they have a larger audience and would make more money.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:06 AM   #39
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Let’s talk about what I did like.

TONS of games. Just a mountain of content. If you own a PS4, you would be in heaven after the Microsoft show because they just laid out your purchases for the next 12+ months.

A new title from From Software? Just killer. I buy all those games. I’ll be getting that Dark Souls remaster as soon as the price drops a little.

I’m also still excited to see Beneath. It’s like 2 years late, but the studio is amazing and they make great experiences so it will be a winner. Plus it is on the PC too... heh. And from the wording of the more recent press releases, it seems like it will come to the PS4 at some point after a period of exclusivity. Probably six months down the road. That would be good, get the patched version. Very exciting and they barely showed it.

The Division 2? I’m there. Emabulator and I played through like 80% of the first game in Co-op and we even did the Dark Zone for a couple of pretty humiliating nights, so I’m up for more. I hope there is less focus on the Dark Zone, but I’m not holding my breath. I think the developers really like PvP.

And on top of those are titles like Dying Light 2, Cyberpunk, Kingdom Hearts 3, Just Cause 4 and Metro Exodus.

What I took away from the Microsoft Press Conference is that there is no better time to be a PlayStation gamer. If you look at all the multi platform titles Microsoft showed off and you add in all the Sony exclusives like Death Stranding, The Last of Us 2, Spider-Man and Days Gone plus exciting stuff like Red Dead Redemption 2, there is going to be more content for your PlayStation 4 over the next year than most people can even buy.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:09 AM   #40
BadIronTree
Evil Dead

Talking

Quote:

Well They started before Star Citizen... give them time xD

Tags
failboat, xbone, xbox one x