Last post by Kergas
Today 04:22 AM
1,322 Replies, 634,950 Views

Old 06-11-2018, 07:32 AM   #21
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Thad View Post
Todd Howard, who made the comment, runs Bethesda Game Studios. Dishonored--they did talk about Death of the Outsider during the conference--is published by Bethesda Softworks, the game publishing arm of Zenimax Media and the host of the conference. These are two separate entities; they have been for almost 20 years now. Bethesda Game Studios did not produce, finance, or publish Dishonored.
Itís just splitting hairs, itís all the same company.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:37 AM   #22
Capt_Thad
Evil Dead

They did say there was a solo-only mode for Fallout 76. Hoping that also means offline. I'm not keen an another "morality" simulator.

I'm curious how the base-building will work though, since he said you'll never notice servers at all. Sounds like you're not even gonna see a server list, akin to Sea of Thieves. If you load into a different 'server' in the background every time, how does the game handle persistence with player structures? Also curious how it'll handle building progress made with friends.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:15 AM   #23
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Yeah these betas are more like glorified demos. "you get to try it before anyone else if you give us money." For those of us who like to play modded bethesda games, this new Fallout looks like complete shit. I don't think they will allow modding on an online game. And if they do, it will be through their paid system and not free nexus mods. To people who play on consoles, you might not care and this fallout will be a great way to play with friends.

The wolfenstein new blood or whatever, meh. Apparently Nazis always win. Maybe now with the power of vagina we can get rid of them ... sigh.

Rage 2 looks like a ton of fun, and if Doom 2 follows the formula of Doom then it will be a success.

The rest, I don't care about mobile games that much or their MMO. And their single player games might be too far off in the future to care at this point.
ashikenshin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:57 AM   #24
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

You know Fallout 76 is just gonna be fucking packed with ingame microtransactions because of the total lack of mod support and always online dedicated servers run by the company. Oh and no console commands to noclip yourself out of Bethesda's broken environments. Gets a hard pass from me.

The Starfield non-reveal was laughable. We're not going to hear about it again until halfway through the next decade. What was the point? Keep investors happy?

I'm surprised to be saying this but the best showcase was Rage 2. Lots of gameplay and it looked fun.

Last edited by Mad Max RW; 06-11-2018 at 10:21 AM..
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:44 AM   #25
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Blades might be cool. Rage looked good.

I want to lIke fallout but 4 was disappointing. Getting ganked while trying to do stuff doesn't sound fun. Building a base just to have it nuked is dumb. Wish this was a sp game with a separate multi player mode on the same map. Even if you can set up a private sever for yourself these games are so buggy I sure someone will figure out how to jump into other peoples games and gank them.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #26
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Well at least you can say they can laugh at themselves.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #27
Meeks
Evil Dead

The TES VI teaser or whatever they're calling it didn't do much to whet the appetite. It was basically an in-engine flyover of some mountains. Am I missing something, or was this more of just an announcement that, yes, the game is in active development?
Old 06-12-2018, 01:18 AM   #28
vivafletcher
Evil Dead

I'm really trying to not judge F-76 too harshly, because we don't know a lot. But I like the solo campaign. I don't want to interact or be in a landscape with anyone else. They said you *could* play it solo, but every video was about how fun it will be to experience things together. If you really can play it alone, I'm concerned it will be a thin, shallow experience with all the resources going to the way they want you to play it. But we'll see.

I think I'm pretty easy to please. It could have gone like this:

Bethesda: Okay, so we're making New Vegas 2.

Me: Cool. Here's my credit card. Charge whatever you think is fair, and send it whenever it's done.

Bethesda: Roger that.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, e3 2018