Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Picts - Waiting to...
Last post by vallor
Today 09:52 AM
18,094 Replies, 2,770,550 Views
Sir Patrick Stewart...
Last post by ElektroDragon
Today 09:33 AM
16 Replies, 822 Views
Concern rises over World...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 08:54 AM
18 Replies, 1,139 Views
Our E3 Experience -...
Last post by Metal Jesus
Today 08:44 AM
9 Replies, 585 Views
Pure Evil - Heroes of...
Last post by Terran
Today 08:06 AM
14 Replies, 645 Views
PS4 Cross-Play...
Last post by Azzy
Today 02:39 AM
5 Replies, 582 Views
Incredibles 2 Delivers...
Last post by vallor
Yesterday 08:59 PM
11 Replies, 943 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 06:20 PM
1,722 Replies, 187,603 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2018, 06:42 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff
 
Emabulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 30,952
Blog Entries: 58
Insurgency: Sandstorm Trailer #E32018



Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Quote:
Face the intensity of modern combat in the Insurgency: Sandstorm E3 Gameplay Trailer

New gameplay from the frontlines as pre-orders open

Insurgency: Sandstorm is New World Interactiveís reborn, improved, and expanded sequel to indie multiplayer FPS hit Insurgency, coming in 2019 to PlayStation 4. In the new E3 2018 trailer, discover how Insurgency: Sandstorm brings you closer to the action than ever in tense, coordinated skirmishes where skill is rewarded, and teamwork wins the fight.

Prepare for a hardcore depiction of combat with deadly ballistics, light attack vehicles, destructive artillery, and unprecedented audio design putting the fear back into the genre. Death comes fast, ammunition must be carefully managed, and the environment must be tactically navigated at every step toward victory.

Insurgency: Sandstorm is a game of team-based tactics and objective-oriented gameplay in a fictional, contemporary Middle Eastern conflict, complete with player versus player, competitive matchmaking and co-operative game modes versus AI. Your soldierís appearance, weapons, attachments, armor, and amount of carried ammo are all up to you. Call in airstrikes, use vehicles with mounted weapons, and equip a wide range of specialist weaponry from grenades to drones to C4 explosives.

Insurgency: Sandstorm releases on PS4 in 2019.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:42 AM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff
 
Emabulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 30,952
Blog Entries: 58
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:00 AM   #3
Chief Smash
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 3,437
Wow, could you make the game more generic? Not saying it won't be fun but it looked like a big ol bowl of plain oatmeal.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:11 AM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 32,481
Blog Entries: 20
Looks like Counter Strike. Did you notice that it also doesn’t seem to have any HUD? Might be a fun change to play a game without all the “video game” stuff up on the screen. I could see playing it once in a while. Remember that Battlefield game that had the big city map? Was that Battlefield 3?
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:34 AM   #5
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead
 
ministryofwrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 301
I don't mind the minimalist approach here.


But things seem out of scale, and the graphics look badly dated....


It shows that they've simply put HD textures on a old engine, I feel bad, because though this looks fantastic, I don't see it doing well in the market.


That being said, I thought they were going to have as single player story they dropped?

I might have tired that out.


For me it's a wait and see, but my gaming time is being destroyed here.... too many good titles I like witcher 3 I still haven't competed.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #6
Kooch
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministryofwrath View Post
I don't mind the minimalist approach here.


But things seem out of scale, and the graphics look badly dated....


It shows that they've simply put HD textures on a old engine, I feel bad, because though this looks fantastic, I don't see it doing well in the market.


That being said, I thought they were going to have as single player story they dropped?

I might have tired that out.


For me it's a wait and see, but my gaming time is being destroyed here.... too many good titles I like witcher 3 I still haven't competed.
It’s on UE4 as far as I know. And the franchise already has an established fan base. It’s an indie dev that comes from a modding background. They nor anyone else expects this to sell battlefield numbers.

Also, to the guy saying it looks generic. I find it hilarious that people bitch about the more out there approach battlefield v is taking with characters etc and then you have people bitching that something like this is too generic.

Last edited by Kooch; 06-12-2018 at 12:24 PM..
Kooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #7
Chief Smash
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 3,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooch View Post
Itís on UE4 as far as I know. And the franchise already has an established fan base. Itís an indie dev that comes from a modding background. They nor anyone else expects this to sell battlefield numbers.

Also, to the guy saying it looks generic. I find it hilarious that people bitch about the more out there approach battlefield v is taking with characters etc and then you have people bitching that something like this is too generic.
I'm glad you find it hilarious. It does look generic though. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun (I still load up CS to this day and it's generic) but the video didn't really do it any favors either.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:17 PM   #8
Kooch
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 253
Anything doing modern combat is going to look like everything else doing Modern combat. The draw of these games is the mechanics. There’s a reload video on YouTube for it that’s pretty cool. If you care about game mechanics.
Kooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:13 PM   #9
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Looks like Counter Strike. Did you notice that it also doesnít seem to have any HUD? Might be a fun change to play a game without all the ďvideo gameĒ stuff up on the screen. I could see playing it once in a while. Remember that Battlefield game that had the big city map? Was that Battlefield 3?
I, for the life of me, don't understand why people don't like HUDS in video games.

It makes it look more like a movie. Okay. But to me it just makes for a frustrating lack of information on which to base gameplay decisions. If I'm in a car driving down the road, I want to know EXACTLY how fast I'm going. A Number. I don't want my steering wheel to vibrate or something to VAGUELY indicate that I'm going a certain speed. Or for my dashboard lights to slowly change color or something.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:35 PM   #10
Kooch
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I, for the life of me, don't understand why people don't like HUDS in video games.

It makes it look more like a movie. Okay. But to me it just makes for a frustrating lack of information on which to base gameplay decisions. If I'm in a car driving down the road, I want to know EXACTLY how fast I'm going. A Number. I don't want my steering wheel to vibrate or something to VAGUELY indicate that I'm going a certain speed. Or for my dashboard lights to slowly change color or something.
Itís not about making it more like a movie in a game like this, itís about limiting the information closer to what youíd have in real life. Cars have a speedometer so having one in game makes sense. Thereís not really a way to keep track of how many rounds you have left in your gun down to the bullet minus counting in your head. No reticule to assist aiming guns either. Just depends how far the dev wants to take it.
Kooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:51 PM   #11
Exodus
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Winter is coming.
Posts: 2,462
This franchise does well because it has coop and it's cheap.
__________________
Be the change you want to see in the world.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:39 AM   #12
Scherge
Subscriber
 
Scherge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooch View Post
There’s not really a way to keep track of how many rounds you have left in your gun down to the bullet minus counting in your head.
I kinda agree with what you're saying.




That said, I like HUDs. They tell me how my character is holding up better than a reddish tint on the screen or labored breathing. They tell me my last lap time without me having to ask my pit crew over the radio. And they tell me how many experience points I need for a level-up... because it's a friggin' game!
__________________
ďIch bin der Geist der stets verneint!Ē - Me(phistopheles)
Scherge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:21 PM   #13
DingBat
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooch View Post
It’s not about making it more like a movie in a game like this, it’s about limiting the information closer to what you’d have in real life. Cars have a speedometer so having one in game makes sense. There’s not really a way to keep track of how many rounds you have left in your gun down to the bullet minus counting in your head. No reticule to assist aiming guns either. Just depends how far the dev wants to take it.
When we were working on Red Orchestra, this was a deliberate choice. "How many rounds do I have left in the gun? Jeez, I better reload". And some guns would take a while to reload so there was a bit of a choice there. There were definitely times when you had someone in your sights only to hear "click".

Same with the weapon sway and iron sights.

It's not for everyone, that's for sure. I remember my son mopping the floor with me playing Halo and getting really cocky. So I set up a Quake 2 server and played him using only the rail gun. The fact that there was no radar blew his mind for a while. "How did you guys even play this?!?!?".

Edit: But I should say even RO had a minimal hud with the # of clips you had, a compass, etc.
DingBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:32 PM   #14
Kooch
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
When we were working on Red Orchestra, this was a deliberate choice. "How many rounds do I have left in the gun? Jeez, I better reload". And some guns would take a while to reload so there was a bit of a choice there. There were definitely times when you had someone in your sights only to hear "click".

Same with the weapon sway and iron sights.

It's not for everyone, that's for sure. I remember my son mopping the floor with me playing Halo and getting really cocky. So I set up a Quake 2 server and played him using only the rail gun. The fact that there was no radar blew his mind for a while. "How did you guys even play this?!?!?".

Edit: But I should say even RO had a minimal hud with the # of clips you had, a compass, etc.
And thatís part of what it is, because okay, you donít have a hud irl, but you have ways of getting information on things like that (checking your pockets or something) that donít really work in a game, so there is definitely a balance.

Having said that, Iíve been playing and following RO since the UT2004 mid days. Really cool games.
Kooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
insurgency: sandstorm

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:56 AM.