4,788 Replies, 1,043,988 Views
STRANGER THINGS IS...
Last post by Cranium
Yesterday 08:14 AM
5 Replies, 403 Views

Old 08-20-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
CthulhuFan
Subscriber

SJW Cancer Infects 3D Realms "Ion Fury" (formerly Ion Maiden)

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/0...-policy/91195/

It sucks that this shit is infesting everything these days.

Personally, I don't give a rip what some game dev/pub does because I'll either buy it or not depending on my interest in the finished product. What does suck, however, is watching outrage mobs consisting of folks who never intended to buy the product steer discussion.
CthulhuFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:54 PM   #2
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

The game is awesome and the easily offended babies at Neogaf 2 and Something Awful won’t change that.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:18 PM   #3
CthulhuFan
Subscriber

Until the patch. What the absolute fuck. I suppose I'm over-reacting but it pisses me off that they are giving an inch to the outrage mob.
CthulhuFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:35 PM   #4
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

One of the reasons many devs keep their identities secret on forums or post more often on alt-accounts.

I would never encourage a dev to post as themselves on a forum or reddit unless they were doing so on behalf of their game or as community outreach.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

I think the devs are mostly Duke 3D modders. There are years of shitty forum posts to dig through at duke4.net if the mob is determined enough. Some of the names I recognize.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:21 AM   #6
RAV
Evil Dead

I've seen shit like this a lot, and about the most absurd nonsense you can imagine. I've also got my own shit killed by this. The worst liberal lunatics imaginable have way too much influence in the "creative" scene. I am done with it. And I can only roll my eyes at people who try to draw equivalence on the madness. Or talk about toxicity among regular people on the net and in gaming. Boy oh boy, you have no idea what toxic is really like. Whenever I think it is time to make peace with the past, move on, etc. something like this comes up, along with a lot of bad memories and... anger. And I need a drink.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:15 PM   #7
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Not a fan of nostalgic gaming.. but that being said, I find it hilariously ironic that the twitter mobs' attack has actually seemed to have boosted sales.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:16 AM   #8
Juan
Evil Dead

You'd think that celebrities and companies would realise that there is mileage in telling these people to go fuck themselves. You actually gain fans that way and lose nothing. Look at Ricky Gervais, he offends groups all the time then posts that he chooses not to care about their outrage and it's done.

Companies don't need to (and shouldn't) revel in this stuff. Just one final post saying 'we stand by our work and we will not be bullied by a rent-o-mob' and then it's done, move on.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:35 AM   #9
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
You'd think that celebrities and companies would realise that there is mileage in telling these people to go fuck themselves. You actually gain fans that way and lose nothing. Look at Ricky Gervais, he offends groups all the time then posts that he chooses not to care about their outrage and it's done.

Companies don't need to (and shouldn't) revel in this stuff. Just one final post saying 'we stand by our work and we will not be bullied by a rent-o-mob' and then it's done, move on.
That would require moral fortitude, which is rare to nonexistent these days.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:09 AM   #10
RAV
Evil Dead

It also requires a closed front and people pulling on the same rope. Some stand alone comedian doing it is one thing. If you got inter-dependency between many people and organizations, it can be a lot tougher. Just one part getting weak knees can get the others down. In this case, even if all the developers of IonFury themselves would have remained stalwart together (which already is a stretch), their publisher 3dRealms got weak, and that's that. In other cases it's going for specific customers or sponsors bringing in the money. Or the host providing space for the studio. Or getting a video demonetized by Youtube. Or creating problems with payment processing etc. Often a person or organization has more weakpoints than it is aware of. This is only revealed then in the conflict itself.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:03 PM   #11
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
Look at Ricky Gervais, he offends groups all the time then posts that he chooses not to care about their outrage and it's done.
Love the guy exactly for that reason. I disagree with him a lot, but I respect his ability to poke fun in every direction without hesitation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #12
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Love the guy exactly for that reason. I disagree with him a lot, but I respect his ability to poke fun in every direction without hesitation.
He did a good session with Seinfeld "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" where they talked about a joke they made about Chinese and what the ramifications would be if they included it in the episode.

Was a good conversation and might be worth a watch if you are into that series. I only watched a few episodes because it seems super boring to me.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote