Last post by Mad Max RW
Yesterday 01:02 PM
10 Replies, 466 Views

Old 01-11-2019, 04:20 PM   #21
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
The problem was is that it was a PVE zone that allowed for PVP. This made ganking a reality for most players and really turned people off the end-game initially. I know I stopped playing, and stopped caring, about the game after the Dark Zone became the place to be if you needed loots and it was full of assholes and cheaters.
Yes, a PvP zone should not have any PvE objectives NOR should it be the source of superior PvE gear.

Finally, it shouldn't be the end-all, be-all end game.

Devs should not rely on PvP to provide the only avenue of evergreen content for their game. It is, IMO, a error devs have made as far back as I can remember and became a real "thing" large scale with Dark Age of Camelot which blended PvE and PvP to the detriment to both.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:15 AM   #22
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

Last game was lazy bolted on together garbage. There's every indication this will be as well but with more pay to win.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:40 AM   #23
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienchild View Post
Good, get some competition. Steam has turned into a pile of shit.
I am a (make it once and leave shit alone kinda guy) But Steam has not changed a single thing since 2004 that i can tell. One update would have been fine. What in the hell are they doing there?

Im older so i prolly dont fit their demo anymore and they wont care but i just dont want to buy anymore games on it. Doom was the last one when it dropped to $20.

Steam needs to start producing physical games That fucking Monster Hunter game on PS4.....that was the last time i spend more the $5 on a digital game. I cant resell this shit ever.

Yada yada, its all going digital, prepare to be jimmied.....Nintendo is about to pump out 700 Million Switch carts. SONY, same. Physical might still be around by the time i leave this earth.

By then some sort of dirt cheap plant based material will replace the plastic and metal.

Im calling it. Digital only isnt happening ever.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:00 AM   #24
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
I am a (make it once and leave shit alone kinda guy) But Steam has not changed a single thing since 2004 that i can tell. One update would have been fine. What in the hell are they doing there?

Im older so i prolly dont fit their demo anymore and they wont care but i just dont want to buy anymore games on it. Doom was the last one when it dropped to $20.

Steam needs to start producing physical games That fucking Monster Hunter game on PS4.....that was the last time i spend more the $5 on a digital game. I cant resell this shit ever.

Yada yada, its all going digital, prepare to be jimmied.....Nintendo is about to pump out 700 Million Switch carts. SONY, same. Physical might still be around by the time i leave this earth.

By then some sort of dirt cheap plant based material will replace the plastic and metal.

Im calling it. Digital only isnt happening ever.
Valve got lazy is what happened, they made so much off being one of the first with digital distro for PC that they seem to have decided that was enough and have coasted ever since. IMO anyway. Granted I'm of the very small minority that was never blown away by Half Life or the Source engine so take it with a grain of salt I suppose.

30% off the top tho in regards to what Valve takes.. seems pretty fucking greedy to me.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:03 AM   #25
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Half-Life 2 was solid but it was probably overrated. But it was like watching Lost back on the day. The hype was big and chances are that you knew a bunch of people playing it so it felt like an event. As for the source engine, I always liked the feel of it but it was also buggy in my experience too. To this day, that engine doesn't seem to handle something as simple as alt-tabbing out of your game very well. That being said, CS:Source is still one of my favorite shooters ever.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:18 AM   #26
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Half-Life 2 was solid but it was probably overrated. But it was like watching Lost back on the day. The hype was big and chances are that you knew a bunch of people playing it so it felt like an event. As for the source engine, I always liked the feel of it but it was also buggy in my experience too. To this day, that engine doesn't seem to handle something as simple as alt-tabbing out of your game very well. That being said, CS:Source is still one of my favorite shooters ever.
Ugh Counter Strike.. I played a TON of America's Army back around that time period, might be why I still love the Unreal Engine pretty much above every other engine out there. Can't wait for Mech Warrior 5 on Unreal.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epic games, the division 2, ubisoft