Yesterday 11:37 AM
22 Replies, 1,726 Views
» Promotion

Old 07-24-2017, 06:05 AM   #41
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Flavas View Post
Just trying to understand your twisted logic. So "I want Nintendo to make games for everyone." (pieced together over a couple of threads with you) means you want games specifically tailored to your interests because what you like is what everyone else is interested in (or should be). Gotcha. Totally not egocentric, at all.

Clearly the reason why the Nintendo DS outsold Sony's PSP was because the Nintendo DS had properties, specifications, and games that appealed to far fewer players. I mean, sure in regards to the PSVita -- Sony can't figure out how to use flash or SD memory for game saves or game downloads. But even were they to figure that out it still wouldn't cure the systemic problem that they need to narrow their appeal to attract more players.
I don't think that should be hard to figure out no? I want them to support 3rd party publishers the best they can to get a wide variety of titles on their system, you know, maybe a few games that AREN'T aimed at kids.

The issue I see is people like you and blackcz who think expecting this is some kind of crazy.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:26 AM   #42
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I don't think that should be hard to figure out no? I want them to support 3rd party publishers the best they can to get a wide variety of titles on their system, you know, maybe a few games that AREN'T aimed at kids.

The issue I see is people like you and blackcz who think expecting this is some kind of crazy.
Here's the thing:

You're stating that you want to see Nintendo "make games for everyone", only to turn around and start talking about M-rated games...which is, technically speaking, a category not intended for "everyone".

Arguably, Nintendo already makes games for "everyone"; graphically, they appeal to a wide range of users and feature accessible, intuitive gameplay while still being difficult and challenging enough to remain interesting. You keep stating that Nintendo makes "kidcentric" software, when in reality their approach is much more in line with how Warner Bros created their classic animated shorts; they provide content that appeals to a wide variety of people within a single package.

What you're actually saying is that you wish Nintendo would offer a more diverse set of first party games...which is fair. Still, you're ignoring the fact that Nintendo will publish - but not necessarily internally develop - a wide variety of games, with a wide variety of ratings. They've published a whole pile of T-rated gamed and Bayonetta 2 was famously turned into a Nintendo game (technically speaking)...and it certainly doesn't adhere to their average output.

At the end of the day, you're harping on the output of a company whose products you haven't touched in the better part of two decades. They haven't been relevant in your mind since the days when the N64 was still on the horizon. If nothing they've done has appealed to you over the course of 20 years, why does it matter at this point?
Old 07-24-2017, 06:18 PM   #43
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Here's the thing:

You're stating that you want to see Nintendo "make games for everyone", only to turn around and start talking about M-rated games...which is, technically speaking, a category not intended for "everyone".

Arguably, Nintendo already makes games for "everyone"; graphically, they appeal to a wide range of users and feature accessible, intuitive gameplay while still being difficult and challenging enough to remain interesting. You keep stating that Nintendo makes "kidcentric" software, when in reality their approach is much more in line with how Warner Bros created their classic animated shorts; they provide content that appeals to a wide variety of people within a single package.

What you're actually saying is that you wish Nintendo would offer a more diverse set of first party games...which is fair. Still, you're ignoring the fact that Nintendo will publish - but not necessarily internally develop - a wide variety of games, with a wide variety of ratings. They've published a whole pile of T-rated gamed and Bayonetta 2 was famously turned into a Nintendo game (technically speaking)...and it certainly doesn't adhere to their average output.

At the end of the day, you're harping on the output of a company whose products you haven't touched in the better part of two decades. They haven't been relevant in your mind since the days when the N64 was still on the horizon. If nothing they've done has appealed to you over the course of 20 years, why does it matter at this point?
Sega published Bayonetta not Nintendo. At the end of the day regardless if I've been a die hard nintendo fan or not since the N64, I have an opinion, and if that bothers you, suck it up princess, no echo chamber here.

What I'm actually saying is both, I'd like a more diverse selection from Nintendo themselves sure. But I'd also like them to maybe push hardware a LITTLE bit so that 3rd party publishers end up giving a shit about their hardware as well.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #44
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Sega published Bayonetta not Nintendo. At the end of the day regardless if I've been a die hard nintendo fan or not since the N64, I have an opinion, and if that bothers you, suck it up princess, no echo chamber here.
Bayonetta 2 was published by Nintendo as a Wii U exclusive; it exists because of Nintendo.

I don't need, nor do I care to have, an echo chamber; I've explained this countless times, now. It is, however, relevant that you haven't given a shit about anything they've done for a good 20 years or so.

Quote:
What I'm actually saying is both, I'd like a more diverse selection from Nintendo themselves sure. But I'd also like them to maybe push hardware a LITTLE bit so that 3rd party publishers end up giving a shit about their hardware as well.
See, that's fair. It is worth acknowledging, however, that the Switch is a fairly advanced piece of hardware; it's not top-of-the-line, but it's still using solid mobile components.

Last edited by Chimpbot; 07-25-2017 at 07:33 AM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:39 PM   #45
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:

Me to. So why do you shit up every nintendo thread ever and i dont? It makes me sick how many people on this site religiously watch cuck movies and read cuck comics while pushing 35 years old. GODDAM WONDER WOMAN?! REALLY!? LOL! I have opinions. But i keep my trash talk to a tolerable amount.

You never miss a beat.

Why not just buy a Switch, enjoy Splatoon, BOTW, Mario and do your other stuff on other stuff?
Old 07-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #46
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Me to. So why do you shit up every nintendo thread ever and i dont? It makes me sick how many people on this site religiously watch cuck movies and read cuck comics while pushing 35 years old. GODDAM WONDER WOMAN?! REALLY!? LOL! I have opinions. But i keep my trash talk to a tolerable amount.

You never miss a beat.

Why not just buy a Switch, enjoy Splatoon, BOTW, Mario and do your other stuff on other stuff?
Zero interest in any of those games at all. No reason, hell I'd have more reason to get a Scorpio (Xbox X is a stupid name) before a Switch.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:34 AM   #47
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Zero interest in any of those games at all. No reason, hell I'd have more reason to get a Scorpio (Xbox X is a stupid name) before a Switch.
We know you don't have interest in any of those games. You pop up in virtually every single Nintendo-related thread to remind us of it.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:18 AM   #48
31 Flavas
Baskin-Robbins

Quote:
There are actually five M rated games published by Nintendo for the Wii U. Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 are two of the five. Platinum games produced Bayonetta 2 -- but Nintendo published it. Not Sega.

But, that's just going to distract you.

Quote:
I agree with Blackzc finally something reasonable out of you. But, at the end of the day -- what does this matter? Nintendo doesn't have any problem finding customers, staying in business, and -most importantly- you're still going to reject them even with this change. This won't "make [you] want to give them any money or support their hardware". You like PC gaming because the hardware is way more powerful then even the PS4 or xBoneX. There isn't anything wrong with that.

I mean, it's great that you've maybe got a sense of altruism and want to offer your recommendations to Nintendo. Any other person though would either only discuss it to a point or just ignore Nintendo and let them do whatever it is they want to do. But, you can't let this go. You're obsessed with it. Way more then anyone else you accuse of being "obsessed". The dissonance it creates for you is screaming. I keep continuing to talk with you just to aggravate this part of you. It's not a nice thing, but then again, I am out to offend you.
[The DS] was a huge success because it had basically zero competition.
31 Flavas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintendo, splatoon 2