Godless Trailer - New...
Last post by vallor
Today 12:45 PM
2 Replies, 502 Views
» Promotion

Old 06-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #41
ashikenshin
Subscriber

I have to watch the mario odyssey trailer.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #42
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:47 PM   #43
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Old 06-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #44
LostToys
Evil Dead

I really can't get excited about an announcement that does not show anything other than the title (Metroid 4) or someone talking about some future game (Pokemon). You have to show me something that at least tells me how it will look or play.
LostToys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:52 PM   #45
ashikenshin
Subscriber

My reaction to the Metroid Prime 4 announcement:

Old 06-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #46
GunnSgtHartman
Evil Dead

Am I missing something? Some of you are excited but I see zero interesting games that would be worth full price besides Mario and Metroid Prime 4 in 2020.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:08 PM   #47
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnSgtHartman View Post
Am I missing something? Some of you are excited but I see zero interesting games that would be worth full price besides Mario and Metroid Prime 4 in 2020.
You're missing nothing. Don't worry about it at all. No good games. All trash. You can go back to whatever it is you're playing. Us dummies and kids will enjoy some Nintendo games and you can forget all about it and go enjoy real games.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:17 PM   #48
LostToys
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnSgtHartman View Post
Am I missing something?
You are just missing your inner child. I personally do not see anything that we have not already seen before (previous Nintendo Directs; Ubisoft's Press Conference) that has me interested. Yes, I can't wait for a Metroid Prime 4, but without seeing anything about the game other than the title, I am not going to bother getting excited about it. What little I have seen of Metroid: Samus Returns gives me pause, as I am not a fan of games that use a lot of block/counter fight mechanics.

Many of the other games I just can't get into anymore. As much as I loved Kirby and Yoshi back in the day, and as much as I tried to play their Wii and WiiU titles, I just can't do it anymore. So they are going to be complete passes this time around unless there is a major lull between game releases.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:38 PM   #49
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Same for me. With the Wii and Wii U I bought a lot of their side games. And for me it's not the art style, I have nothing against cutesy art style. In fact I prefer cartoony games to realistic ones. I also don't enjoy violence as much. I would think that Nintendo games would cater to me but that wasn't the case. Their games aren't fun to play for me.

I won't spend the money I used to spend on Nintendo games anymore. Not when I know they just collect dust.

And, a title screen that says Metroid 4? everyone is jumping on their dicks from the excitement. I don't see it. Seems they forgot all the Metroid games that came after Metroid Prime.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:52 PM   #50
LostToys
Evil Dead

But this is PRIME. Not Mother M or some other bullshit. This is the next, properly numbered game in the Prime Quadrilogy.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #51
shadow763
Lord of Woe

NIntendo diehards, apologists or fanboys when Nintendo announces ANYTHING...

If Prime turns out to be good I will have to buy one of these fucking things. But I can wait.

The Vita is better designed. It is a superbly designed handheld. Saying otherwise is ignorant and idiotic. Sony just left it out there to die.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:38 PM   #52
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow763 View Post
The Vita is better designed. It is a superbly designed handheld. Saying otherwise is ignorant and idiotic. Sony just left it out there to die.
Yeah, it's even better if you like quirky japanese games. All vanillaware games are perfect for the vita
Old 06-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #53
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
You're missing nothing. Don't worry about it at all. No good games. All trash. You can go back to whatever it is you're playing. Us dummies and kids will enjoy some Nintendo games and you can forget all about it and go enjoy real games.
So fucking sensitive, he didn't imply there were no good games or that everything was trash, just that he didn't see anything that excited him. You Nintendo snowflakes are so damn fragile.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:58 PM   #54
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
if you like quirky japanese games. All vanillaware games are perfect for the vita
Then the Switch is the system for you. If it's quirky and Japanese and you want to play on the go, it's gonna be on Switch.
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:21 AM   #55
LostToys
Evil Dead

It still requires that games come out for it. For example, Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Blast or Valkyrie Drive. If they can get games like that on the Switch, then the Switch will be a nice replacement for the Vita and is a good supplement to the PS4 if you enjoy gaming on the go. Time will tell (for example, there was a Senran Kagura game announced, but absolutely no details on what it would be).
Old 06-14-2017, 05:49 AM   #56
31 Flavas
Baskin-Robbins

Quote:
If Prime turns out to be good I will have to buy one of these fucking things. But I can wait.
See... this is why I keep coming back here. You just can't get this anywhere else.

Mind you, absolutely total fucking vapor launch. No footage, no date, not even a word mentioned in the video or from anyone at Nintendo.

But, you admit publicly "God damnit Nintendo. I hate you for knowing me so well. I will buy your shitty product just for this shit because I literally can not get this shit anywhere else. Fuck you."

This just after you criticized "diehards, apologists [and] fanboys," but really anyone of the Nintendo persuasion at all for ever getting excited about anything Nintendo at all.

Quote:
Ok and so has every competitor ever to any of Nintendo's handhelds. You know this -- it's not at all difficult to make a "better" handheld then whatever turd Nintendo has decided to fart out. So why has NO ONE been able to capitalize on this. Instead of Sony realizing, hey, maybe we should just use regular SD memory cards -- they're like "Fuck it, we give up."
[The DS] was a huge success because it had basically zero competition.

Last edited by 31 Flavas; 06-14-2017 at 08:47 AM..
31 Flavas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:18 AM   #57
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstorm View Post
Then the Switch is the system for you. If it's quirky and Japanese and you want to play on the go, it's gonna be on Switch.
Between the new 3ds and the Vita I get all the Japanese games out there. They are more portable than the Switch, longer lasting batteries. Bigger libraries.

The Switch has no games that interest me at all. Not one.

speaking of which, trailer for the new vanillaware game:

a bit longer than what was previously shown, no gameplay though.

Last edited by ashikenshin; 06-14-2017 at 03:11 PM..
Old 06-15-2017, 05:40 AM   #58
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Flavas View Post
See... this is why I keep coming back here. You just can't get this anywhere else.

Mind you, absolutely total fucking vapor launch. No footage, no date, not even a word mentioned in the video or from anyone at Nintendo.

But, you admit publicly "God damnit Nintendo. I hate you for knowing me so well. I will buy your shitty product just for this shit because I literally can not get this shit anywhere else. Fuck you."

This just after you criticized "diehards, apologists [and] fanboys," but really anyone of the Nintendo persuasion at all for ever getting excited about anything Nintendo at all.

Ok and so has every competitor ever to any of Nintendo's handhelds. You know this -- it's not at all difficult to make a "better" handheld then whatever turd Nintendo has decided to fart out. So why has NO ONE been able to capitalize on this. Instead of Sony realizing, hey, maybe we should just use regular SD memory cards -- they're like "Fuck it, we give up."
Lol. I said if it is good. I also said I could wait. Reading is hard though. I can wait till this generation dies and pick up Metroid and the three other good games on the system over its generation for dirt cheap. Or by then not give a fuck.

My criticism of you and your fellow Nintendo masturbators is valid. I know you get so little so you have to explode when any news is available. Guzzle down that trickle. It is enjoyable watching the over compensation.

Sony's proprietary cards were a terrible idea. Still are. Also, not getting software support is kind of a killer. But it is still a better piece of hardware. Sony always seemed to kind of half go in on the portable market. Maybe not even give that much effort.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:35 AM   #59
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:

Sony's proprietary cards were a terrible idea. Still are. Also, not getting software support is kind of a killer. But it is still a better piece of hardware. Sony always seemed to kind of half go in on the portable market. Maybe not even give that much effort.
lol, yah-yah. They dipped their toes into the water for 13 years. With only a half-hearted attempt to make money from the venture. It was a fun experiment, but they really didn't care about their effort or the outcome. A 13 year pet project they had nothing invested in. They yawned every time they talked about their portable hardware.

But anyway, on Metroid Prime 4, confirmation of it's release is something to get excited about given the track record of the Prime series and it's subsequent fanbase because of the quality of the games, coupled with the Prime series' absence for 7 years. If someone really enjoys something and they're told they're getting more of it, why wouldn't they be excited?
Old 06-15-2017, 06:52 AM   #60
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
My criticism of you and your fellow Nintendo masturbators is valid. I know you get so little so you have to explode when any news is available. Guzzle down that trickle. It is enjoyable watching the over compensation.
People (mostly spectral) keep saying stuff like this, but I'd be willing to bet those of us who get excited over Nintendo's offerings also have at least one other gaming device. Myself, I've got a decent gaming PC, a PS4 and an Xbox One along with a Switch. For me, deciding which platform to buy a game on often boils down to what room I feel like sitting in when I want to play that particular game.

I, for one, get excited over Nintendo's games because they typically (but not always) make good stuff. I get equally excited over games on the other platforms, as well.

Quote:
Sony has been shooting themselves in the foot since the launch of the PSP; their plan with each of their handhelds has ultimately been to push a propriety format, rather than focus entirely on building a solid handheld console. Instead of opting for something much more cost-effective with the PSP, they decided to push their own UMD format. They were expensive, only produced by Sony and absolutely no one adopted them. Fast forward to the Vita, and we find Sony is once again pushing their own format...only, this time, it's with their proprietary memory cards. This, unfortunately, negatively impacted the cost of entry...and the rest is history.

The Vita is a solid piece of hardware and I'd like to get my hands on one at some point (although the PSTV I picked up will more than suffice for the time being)...but, there's absolutely no comparison between it and the Switch. At this point, the only thing the Vita has going for it - in terms of hardware - is it's form factor.

Tags
nintendo