Today 11:37 AM
22 Replies, 1,709 Views
» Promotion

Old 08-04-2017, 06:55 AM   #21
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Well, apparently the name of the new game was originally going to be called Super Boarder Jumping Rape Gringo. That's why the left went so nuts, cant blame them. Nintendo hedging its bets with the Alt Right crowd is ballsy, if not appreciated.

It is a shame though, we will never see the - Drug House Mass Murder + Decapitations DLC- though. Hopefully it be leaked one day.
Don't worry. Nintendo's got yours and the alt's back covered. Their new game is guess whos asshole? Family member or farm animal?
Old 08-04-2017, 07:11 AM   #22
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredT View Post
I'm basically a liberal and this is just pure bullshit. (not your post the SJW action that got Mario un sombrerod) Not all liberals are the wingnut left of the USA/UK style just as not all conservatives are bible thumping homo lynchers. I've disagreed with people, mocked them for their idiotic beliefs etc., but I would never prevent them from pursing any free will actions as long as those actions do not directly harm me or destabilize the society I am in... However, I have no problem with the death penalty for rapists, murderers etc., as long as we have a fair, just and accountable judicial system.

I am finding that the far left, has become the left majority; in which most liberals with reasoning skills disassociated themselves from.

For example: Real issue. Canadian government proposes a bill which seems to reduce citizen's rights while pretending it increases them. Those fuckers, I spent some time campaigning and lobbying to raise awareness about that issue.

SJW Issue: Mario is in a sombrero. Who the fuck cares? SJW Issue: Those swedes in blackface offend me. Again no one cares unless they are an idiot with an attention complex.
I hear ya. While I'm in the middle, (ideals fall on both sides) I lean probably a bit more left overall, simply in the fact that I don't give a shit about owning more and more, or money beyond some creature comforts and providing for my family. I'm happy with my wage for example, and it's not that great. I'm fine with putting tax dollars forward that assist others so long as I can still provide for my family. I think that should be a WELCOMED responsibility of any culture or country to have that kind of compassion for fellow man and to look after each other that way. Again, in some ways that puts me leaning a little bit more left. I'd prefer that everyone who is capable could all stand completely on their feet, everyone, without the need for help, but that's impossible with both left and right party ideals and agendas, especially at this point. And honestly, when it comes to food in particular, I don't care if some people are "lazy" or dysfunctional, and they receive some of my tax dollars for food. We all have to eat to live. Period. I'm not their parents, nor their judge. I'd share food with anyone, rich or poor. Most of the "right" would strongly disagree with me there, I'm sure.

But to have these extreme left loon-bag nightmare self-obsessed idiots mucking up productive dialogue and weakening freedom of speech and expression is unhelpful and damaging.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:55 AM   #23
rubbishfoo
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
I hear ya. While I'm in the middle, (ideals fall on both sides) I lean probably a bit more left overall, simply in the fact that I don't give a shit about owning more and more, or money beyond some creature comforts and providing for my family. I'm happy with my wage for example, and it's not that great. I'm fine with putting tax dollars forward that assist others so long as I can still provide for my family. I think that should be a WELCOMED responsibility of any culture or country to have that kind of compassion for fellow man and to look after each other that way. Again, in some ways that puts me leaning a little bit more left. I'd prefer that everyone who is capable could all stand completely on their feet, everyone, without the need for help, but that's impossible with both left and right party ideals and agendas, especially at this point. And honestly, when it comes to food in particular, I don't care if some people are "lazy" or dysfunctional, and they receive some of my tax dollars for food. We all have to eat to live. Period. I'm not their parents, nor their judge. I'd share food with anyone, rich or poor. Most of the "right" would strongly disagree with me there, I'm sure.

But to have these extreme left loon-bag nightmare self-obsessed idiots mucking up productive dialogue and weakening freedom of speech and expression is unhelpful and damaging.
Why are you here if you aren't going to argue? ')

For real though, I feel very similar. Money doesn't drive me, I'm good where I'm at & enjoy sharing a meal (and we make some of the best food in the world down h'yah).
Old 08-04-2017, 08:48 AM   #24
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Quote:
I'd share food with anyone, rich or poor. Most of the "right" would strongly disagree with me there, I'm sure.
I think the "right" wouldn't disagree with you on feeding the poor. In fact, right/religious people are the ones who donate to charities the most. What they would disagree is the method, having the government steal money from you to do whatever in the most wasteful way is what the "right" is against.
ashikenshin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:20 AM   #25
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'd share food with anyone, rich or poor. Most of the "right" would strongly disagree with me there, I'm sure.
Patrick, you are often a very reasonable fellow, but this is just complete nonsense to the extreme. The "right" doesn't disagree with sharing with others, the "right" disagrees with compulsory theft of their property and/or labor in order to give it to others...especially when many of those 'others' are freeloaders, plain and simple. Yes, many are. No, that's not hateful, it's reality.

18 of the top 20 counties in giving as a percentage of adjusted gross* income were 'red' in 2012. Also, need an organ donation? Don't ask a liberal, your chances are better with a conservative!

* a fair measure, since findings of conservative generosity outweighing liberals' giving, by up to 30% depending upon your source, are often argued against due to conservatives being statistically wealthier; if you have more you can give more naturally.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:03 AM   #26
Scherge
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
I think the "right" wouldn't disagree with you on feeding the poor. In fact, right/religious people are the ones who donate to charities the most.
"Right" isn't the same as "religious", though, unless you're talking about the middle east. Or THIS version of Jesus:

Old 08-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #27
ashikenshin
Subscriber

I don't think middle easterners have much in common with the right tho. And that's a funny cartoon.
ashikenshin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:21 AM   #28
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I don't think middle easterners have much in common with the right tho.
Middle Easterners (majority Muslim) have a lot in common with leftists, though.

* Both want to destroy Christianity
* Both believe in an expansive, intrusive, controlling state.
* Both are theocratic (Muslims - imams, madrassahs/mosques; Leftists - elite bureaucratic clerisy).
* Both are fundamentalists.
* Both are intolerant of those with different views.
* Both export their hateful, intolerant ideology through willing institutional accomplices (Muslims - madrassahs/mosques; leftists - universities, media, entertainment).
* Both believe there are some things you should not legally be allowed to say, write/publish/draw, or otherwise discuss publicly.
* Both engage in victimhood for the purpose of furthering their ideological ends.
* Both believe that immigration (legal, illegal...does not matter to them) into Western democracies will ensure them demographic power to impose their will on the local populace.
* Both have holy texts (Muslims - Koran; Leftists - Climate research and accords) which cannot be violated and must be imposed upon society.
* Both believe that the death of infidels is necessary to save the planet (Muslims - jihad; leftists - 'family planning' i.e. abortion to stop climate change).

The problem for leftists is if they are actually successful in ushering in the preeminence of Islam in the West (well on their way in Europe!!!) they will find shortly thereafter that they will be on the target list of Muslims once it is expedient to put them there and be done with them.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:05 PM   #29
brandonjclark
Subscriber

lol

brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:46 PM   #30
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredT View Post
Don't worry. Nintendo's got yours and the alt's back covered. Their new game is guess whos asshole? Family member or farm animal?
Lol

Old 08-04-2017, 01:48 PM   #31
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
lol

Aaahaha! That's great.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:34 PM   #32
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Aaahaha! That's great.
It's not my best work.

Last edited by brandonjclark; 08-04-2017 at 10:37 PM..
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:26 PM   #33
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I think the "right" wouldn't disagree with you on feeding the poor. In fact, right/religious people are the ones who donate to charities the most. What they would disagree is the method, having the government steal money from you to do whatever in the most wasteful way is what the "right" is against.
You know lefties, repeat the same lies enough til you hope people believe them. Conservatives give far more to charities and help out those in need multiple times over what those on the left do. There in lies the difference. Those on the left want to force others to give more, yet won't do it themselves to begin with.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:35 PM   #34
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
You know lefties, repeat the same lies enough til you hope people believe them. Conservatives give far more to charities and help out those in need multiple times over what those on the left do. There in lies the difference. Those on the left want to force others to give more, yet won't do it themselves to begin with.
Yah I don't know. I don't think I've ever pissed or moaned once about my tax dollars going to food or housing for anyone once ever in my life. I've never once said "no because they're all freeloaders" or "no they don't deserve" or "no they haven't earned".

"They haven't earned my almighty dickish dollar, that I worked so hard for, sitting an ass at my desk barely working, playing politics in the office half the day and pretending my ability to "play the game" makes me somehow more of a valuable human." The stratification feels great to most people. "Well I work "hard" and make good money. I'm fucking special." The rub is....the people I know who have the least work harder than you could ever comprehend, and I can say that without even meeting you or knowing almost nothing about you and know that there's a VERY good chance I'm right.

What is work anyway, and what is "deserve"? I work 45+ hours a week just about every week of my life. It's busy all the time, and I do a lot of things. So what? Does that somehow make me special or better than anyone who doesn't? Sometimes, if you ask me, i'll tell you it makes me an idiot as the best years of my one and only existence with my family roll by. There is nobility in hard work. But not the way things have turned out to be. I don't provide anything of value except a continuation of a small gear turning in the bigger mechanism that I less and less believe in.

And that's the problem with you talkers of shit. You can type words on your keyboard just fine, but what you've actually done is tried to inherit the charity of the party you identify with as though that was you giving the charity. I certainly don't want to force anyone to do anything. Keep all your pennies. Because no one else "earned" or "deserved". I know I'm fine paying out to help out. That's the current model, and I have zero issue with it.

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 08-04-2017 at 06:51 PM..
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:15 PM   #35
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I don't think I've ever pissed or moaned once about my tax dollars going to food or housing for anyone once ever in my life.
That's great! Why do you believe you have the right to take other people's labor and property to give to others? Give your own money to others. Clearly you want to, so do so!

I've never pissed and moaned about my charity dollars going to anyone or anything ever in my life. I do, however, seriously resent lazy ass freeloaders, and when work requirements for food stamps magically cause people to go back to work for their own food, and not just in Georgia but across the country, we have a problem with people receiving taxpayer benefits they DO NOT NEED.

If you NEED support, you should get it. If you do NOT, you should NOT. Able-bodied individuals must work. Those who cannot, we will help.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:10 AM   #36
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yah I don't know. I don't think I've ever pissed or moaned once about my tax dollars going to food or housing for anyone once ever in my life. I've never once said "no because they're all freeloaders" or "no they don't deserve" or "no they haven't earned".

"They haven't earned my almighty dickish dollar, that I worked so hard for, sitting an ass at my desk barely working, playing politics in the office half the day and pretending my ability to "play the game" makes me somehow more of a valuable human." The stratification feels great to most people. "Well I work "hard" and make good money. I'm fucking special." The rub is....the people I know who have the least work harder than you could ever comprehend, and I can say that without even meeting you or knowing almost nothing about you and know that there's a VERY good chance I'm right.

What is work anyway, and what is "deserve"? I work 45+ hours a week just about every week of my life. It's busy all the time, and I do a lot of things. So what? Does that somehow make me special or better than anyone who doesn't? Sometimes, if you ask me, i'll tell you it makes me an idiot as the best years of my one and only existence with my family roll by. There is nobility in hard work. But not the way things have turned out to be. I don't provide anything of value except a continuation of a small gear turning in the bigger mechanism that I less and less believe in.

And that's the problem with you talkers of shit. You can type words on your keyboard just fine, but what you've actually done is tried to inherit the charity of the party you identify with as though that was you giving the charity. I certainly don't want to force anyone to do anything. Keep all your pennies. Because no one else "earned" or "deserved". I know I'm fine paying out to help out. That's the current model, and I have zero issue with it.
Your conflating his disdain for people abusing the government provided money as his willingness to donate money to people in need. They are not the same. It's only charity if it's your choice. Also what the government does is borderline extortion. Here's an example, from a personal experience of mine:

I once worked for a privately owned company that would brag about how 100% of it's employees donated to a specific charity. The charity itself is pretty well known. You send them money and you pick a smaller charity that they donate funds too for you. They are known for having a low percentage of money actually spent on charity.

I moved across the country for the job, because my previous job didn't pay me enough to afford my second daughter who was already on the way. The new job paid more but money was tight because my wife and i decided it was better for the kids if one of us stayed home all the time. So when time to donate to the charity came around I didn't donate. After a couple of days my manager came to me and talked to me about the importance of giving and asked me to reconsider. I still refused, then my department head came to talk to me. I kept refusing, because I needed the money. Eventually, the CFO came to visit me. He's the son-in-law of the CEO. And repeated the same speech, but he also made veiled threats that if I didn't give I would never receive a raise and there was a good chance i would lose my job.

That's not charity that extortion. And there are definite parallels with government forced charity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/extorting"
Mirriam Webster[/URL]]Extort: to obtain from a person by force, intimidation, or undue or illegal power
Charity is when i willingly give my money to someone in need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/charity"
Mirriam Webster[/URL]]Charity: 2 a : generosity and helpfulness especially toward the needy or suffering; also : aid given to those in need
Old 08-05-2017, 08:02 AM   #37
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
Your conflating his disdain for people abusing the government provided money as his willingness to donate money to people in need. They are not the same. It's only charity if it's your choice. Also what the government does is borderline extortion. Here's an example, from a personal experience of mine:

I once worked for a privately owned company that would brag about how 100% of it's employees donated to a specific charity. The charity itself is pretty well known. You send them money and you pick a smaller charity that they donate funds too for you. They are known for having a low percentage of money actually spent on charity.

I moved across the country for the job, because my previous job didn't pay me enough to afford my second daughter who was already on the way. The new job paid more but money was tight because my wife and i decided it was better for the kids if one of us stayed home all the time. So when time to donate to the charity came around I didn't donate. After a couple of days my manager came to me and talked to me about the importance of giving and asked me to reconsider. I still refused, then my department head came to talk to me. I kept refusing, because I needed the money. Eventually, the CFO came to visit me. He's the son-in-law of the CEO. And repeated the same speech, but he also made veiled threats that if I didn't give I would never receive a raise and there was a good chance i would lose my job.

That's not charity that extortion. And there are definite parallels with government forced charity.

Charity is when i willingly give my money to someone in need.
There are absolute parallels there, though I think what your former employer did was way out of line. To the point where there should be legal ramifications for what they did. You already really give to charity by paying taxes in a way. I have a son, so I understand my family comes first and sometimes every dollar matters.

But when it comes to using some taxes to help each other, to me it's about electing what kind of society we want to create, and who we want to be. Yes, it becomes required, but the bulk of my tax dollars aren't going to charitable work. If you put all of the foodstamp tax dollars back into my pay each month, I'm really not going to be any much better off than I am otherwise.

But you and Terran make a good point that I can't get around with logic. Charity is only charity when it is willingly provided. So there's a conflict between complete freedom of choice and what I believe to be the right thing to do. I know some people don't want to give any of their money out to helping others, so their tax dollars are likewise going into things they don't believe in.

But what I can't quite figure out is why charitable giving is the first item on the chopping block for anyone when it comes to tax dollar usage. Your point is extremely valid, and I don't really have any answer that resolves the issue, but I'd like to believe we live in a society where most people value charity. So that said, why is it a primary discussion to chop charitable items first, and why are words like "deserve" and "earn" thrown around?

Yah, it's tough. I think my initial statement was wrong, stating the right doesn't want to "help", I just hate the way the conversation is framed. Words like earn and freeloader thrown around and I think that's more of people reveling in stratification. I've encountered many many more people in my life anyway who's struggle doesn't stem from being lazy. There are very few people I've ever met with no dignity or desire or drive to help themselves in any way despite being capable.

The issue of taxation in general is tough. We are taxed heavily, and a lot of it wasted on bloat, mismanagement, and negligence by our government run agencies and programs. But it always comes down to the other option if we do away with tax funding for our important social institutions. Putting those important social institutions into a private "for profit" model. That is very risky and dangerous. When we turn important social institutions into a for-profit model, it can be disastrous. You have important services run by a company who's only primary goal is to keep as much money as possible, regardless of responsibility. And that's where I think fixing our government institutions should be the first goal before putting all of our critical services into the private sector.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:29 AM   #38
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
But when it comes to using some taxes to help each other, to me it's about electing what kind of society we want to create, and who we want to be.
And conservatives want a society that can actually afford to help people who truly need it, while demanding others be personally responsible and engaged in work when able-bodied and possible. And it's absolutely AMAZING how welfare rolls grow under leftists and then, with work requirements reinstated, collapse under Republicans, even while we do NOT see millions of people dying in the streets of starvation. It's almost as if people are gaming the system when the leftists allow it! Almost!
Old 08-05-2017, 08:57 AM   #39
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
And conservatives want a society that can actually afford to help people who truly need it, while demanding others be personally responsible and engaged in work when able-bodied and possible. And it's absolutely AMAZING how welfare rolls grow under leftists and then, with work requirements reinstated, collapse under Republicans, even while we do NOT see millions of people dying in the streets of starvation. It's almost as if people are gaming the system when the leftists allow it! Almost!
I got no answers, I give up.

At least we can all agree that SJWs are a blight on freedom
Old 08-05-2017, 10:27 AM   #40
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I got no answers, I give up.

At least we can all agree that SJWs are a blight on freedom
The progressive ideology itself is a blight on freedom and common sense.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mario, nintendo, sjw