Super Smash Bros....
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 01:21 PM
10 Replies, 463 Views

Old 02-19-2018, 02:39 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Kingdom Come: Deliverance Developer Compromising On Controversial Save System

Game Informer has the news from the kingdom.

Quote:
Kingdom Come: Deliverance has been fairly successful, but definitely has a controversial save system that the developers are changing, but just a little bit.

In our guide to surviving Kingdom Come: Deliverance, we go over the way the save system currently works.
You need to learn how to deal with Kingdom Come's quirky save system. You can only save when you're resting in bed or by using Savior Schnapps, a craftable/purchasable drink that also makes you drunk. The Schnapps are a pain to come by early on, so your best bet is to remember your sleeping spots (whether they're inns or the mill you start out with) and fast travel to them when you need to save. You want to do this often. Very often. That might sound like a pain, but it sure does beat losing multiple hours of progress to a gang of bandits in the woods or, worse, a stupid bug.
The lack of a quick save has frustrated some players, which has the developers hoping to meet them halfway.

In the upcoming 1.3 patch, developers Warhorse will introduce a "Save and Exit" feature, which saves the game on command but quits out isn't quite what players want, but it allows players to avoid losing progress for terrible reasons. The new save system will come with tweaks to lock picking and pickpocketing, but this bundle of fixes is currently scheduled for an indeterminate time in the future.

The developers have promoted Kingdom Come: Deliverance as a title that strictly adheres to realism and history to explain design choices, which is why drinking saves your progress and the game is introducing a magic respec potion in the same future patch.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:32 PM   #2
GinRummy
Evil Dead

I had fun for a while playing this, but it got to the point where I was afraid to go on after accomplishing a hard or long quest. I got to where I just sat there doing nothing instead of exploring because I didn't want to lose tons of work if something went bad. Saving at beds was okay if you were in town, but it really needs to let the players choose whether they want to save manually more often, or make those potions cheaper/plentiful. Yes, I read that if you spend hours working on alchemy then those potions are much easier to make, but that is a forced path, not free play. I've stopped playing now, waiting on feature patches.
GinRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:11 PM   #3
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Wait, my doofus country bumpkin can learn magic?!?
Old 02-20-2018, 01:50 AM   #4
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
Wait, my doofus country bumpkin can learn magic?!?
Huh? Where did you get this from? As far as I know, "alchemy" in this game only means you can brew a mean cough syrup... and moonshine, apparently.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:16 AM   #5
BadIronTree
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherge View Post
Huh? Where did you get this from? As far as I know, "alchemy" in this game only means you can brew a mean cough syrup... and moonshine, apparently.
https://kingdomcomedeliverance.wiki....lchemy+Recipes
Old 02-20-2018, 09:07 AM   #6
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Except for the bugs and the price it sounds like the game was made for me. I always wanted something like Mount and Blade with a more personal story and less managing hundreds of troops. Will wait and see if they iron out the mess that is CryEngine.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:26 AM   #7
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

Really liking it, bugs and all. Down to around 60-70 hours of playtime now, with so much left to do. It's somewhat uneven in some areas but overall a fun experience.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #8
actusoul
Evil Dead

One of the best RPG's I have played. Its different and I respect what the developer is trying to do. I like the fact it has no magic and you use your common sense to resolve issues. Once the patches are done and a few expansion packs, this game will shine.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #9
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadIronTree View Post
Okay, so it's cough syrup, moonshine, painkiller, perfume and poison. Still, nothing really magical here. Elektro made it sound like you could learn spells and stuff...
Old 02-20-2018, 07:08 PM   #10
blackzc
Evil Dead

This sucks, im right in the middle of Witcher 3 and this comes out. I have to finish Witcher before playing this.

That's cool, it will give them time to fix the bugs.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:56 AM   #11
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

I've read and watched some of the reviews of this game and held off because of the bugs and apparently the horses control abysmally.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:54 AM   #12
Scherge
Alles wird gut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot View Post
I've read and watched some of the reviews of this game and held off because of the bugs and apparently the horses control abysmally.
What? I think horses are great, and they stay on the road by themselves, if you don't lead them elsewhere. Also, they have stats that you can compare to "your" horse - if you're thinking about stealing a new one.

I agree about the bugs and overall glitchiness, though. I played a bit of the PS4 version now - first unpatched, then patched. The game never crashed, but there are many small details that I found annoying. Aside from visual glitches like clipping and rain starting/stopping every 10 in-game minutes, these moments were mostly caused by unclear objectives (for lack of a better term). You have a vague idea of what you need to do, but little guidance (I miss printed manuals). There doesn't seem to be any indication for when a skill check is likely to fail, and what the consequences are. Also, it's too easy to get branded a thief if you open a bag or box by accident, even if you don't take anything.

Then again, it might just me being used to some hand-holding these days, and I hear Warhorse is going to patch the thief thing...

Tags
kingdom come: deliverance, warhorse studios