Yakuza: Like a Dragon...
Last post by LostToys
Yesterday 05:42 PM
2 Replies, 258 Views

Old 08-16-2019, 12:38 AM   #1
Jetherik
Editor in Chief

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

Games and more games. Which leads to the question: What are you playing?
Old 08-16-2019, 05:14 AM   #2
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Been playing more FTL lately.
A bit of PUBG.
MK11 - Nightwolf DLC. He went from the one character in the season pass I didn't really care about to one of my favorites. Cool looking once you unlock a couple skins and a great moveset.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:18 AM   #3
CthulhuFan
Subscriber

Just finished The Sinking City and have now started Metro Exodus. Sinking City was definitely a rough gem and Exodus has been really promising so far.
CthulhuFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:18 PM   #4
Ghostblaze
Evil Dead

I was playing Wolfenstein the New Colossus and I stopped playing for a few reasons. For whatever reason the developers feel the need to shove liberal sjw hogwash down my throat and ruin the series for me. Compared to the first game in the reboot this is complete trash.
I’ll be playing pubg and Witcher 2
Ghostblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #5
CthulhuFan
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostblaze View Post
I was playing Wolfenstein the New Colossus and I stopped playing for a few reasons. For whatever reason the developers feel the need to shove liberal sjw hogwash down my throat and ruin the series for me. Compared to the first game in the reboot this is complete trash.
Iíll be playing pubg and Witcher 2
When I fired up Sinking City for the first time I was greeted with a fucking trigger warning about H.P. Lovecraft's racist views ... Then the devs inserted Orange Man Bad TDS bullshit side story shit in there too. I just brushed it off since I'm an evil centrist Neutral/Evil type but I did spend a few moments shaking my head in disgust. Time for this time-line to end.
CthulhuFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:44 PM   #6
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

I was playing a lot of Wolfenstein New Colossus and enjoying it quite a bit. But I went away for the weekend and haven't picked it back up since returning. Maybe I didn't notice the SJW stuff because I play it for the mechanics and gameplay, I listen to podcasts or put a show on on the side while playing it, so all I know about the story is that the girls are trying to find their dad. I think.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:17 PM   #7
Ghostblaze
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
I was playing a lot of Wolfenstein New Colossus and enjoying it quite a bit. But I went away for the weekend and haven't picked it back up since returning. Maybe I didn't notice the SJW stuff because I play it for the mechanics and gameplay, I listen to podcasts or put a show on on the side while playing it, so all I know about the story is that the girls are trying to find their dad. I think.
When BJ says "Come and get me you white-ass fascist Nazi pigs", that is pure cringe. WTF is the point of that line? Among many others. If you are listening to other stuff while playing the game then of course you'll miss the horseshit story line dialogue.The game has too much cut-scenes and not enough gameplay regardless. Don't want the weekend thread to be about the politics of this game. Just not my cup of tea this go around for Wolfenstein.
Ghostblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 01:07 PM   #8
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Ion Fury. Formerly Ion Maiden until Iron Maiden sued them weeks before launch. It is so fucking good I can't believe it. A new Build engine game (Duke Nukem 3D) that easily rivals or surpasses its predecessors such as Blood and Shadow Warrior. I'm only a few hours in and there isn't one thing I don't love. Maps, guns, badguys, music, even the new protagonist's one liners. Everything is so good.

I had doubts because when this was originally announced a few years ago the guy who now runs the company was a bit of a naive sleezebag who got fucked over by Randy Pitchford. From the lackluster Rise of the Triad remake to the laughable Bombshell twinstick shooter mess, he couldn't get the right mix of a team and idea together. Well Frederik Schreiber/3D Realms finally got their shit together and made greatness.
Mad Max RW is online now   Reply With Quote