Strategy Shooter Void...
Last post by gunbust3r
Today 08:29 AM
4 Replies, 467 Views

Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

PlayStation 3 God of War Bundle

The official PlayStation Blog has posted word that Sony is releasing another limited edition PS3 bundle. (Following the white "Game Collection" bundle.)

Quote:
God of War: Ascension Legacy Bundle Includes Garnet Red PS3

We have some exciting news, fellow Spartans! In celebration of God of War: Ascension hitting stores March 12th and to commemorate one of our most popular and epic franchises, we’re releasing a limited edition God of War: Ascension Legacy Bundle for our die-hard fans!

This bundle comes complete with a 500GB Garnet Red PlayStation 3 system, the entire God of War storyline including God of War: Ascension and God of War Saga (which includes all five of the previous games from the franchise) and a 30-day PlayStation Plus trial membership. You can get your hands on this collector’s bundle when it hits stores on March 12th.

The Limited Edition God of War: Ascension Legacy Bundle is a must-have for series fans. You can experience Kratos’ epic story with a stunning Garnet Red PS3 system, whose color is inspired by Kratos’ signature tattoo. The 500GB of storage is perfect for all of your games, movies, music, photos and more.

The complete God of War game collection allows fans to relive their favorite series moments with the God of War Saga, which includes God of War, God of War II, God of War III, and God of War: Origins Collection, comprised of God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta.

The collection also includes God of War: Ascension, the newest addition to the franchise and a prequel story that introduces fans to a Kratos they’ve never known before. Ascension boasts a host of enhancements to the single-player experience, with new gameplay mechanics and combat systems, and also offers the franchise’s very first multiplayer experience.
I was going to pick up the White PS3 to replace my black fattie, but now I think I'll hold out for the Red one.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

You mean dark pink right? PR fucked up on that image the contrast screws the color up. It also should really come with one year of PSN+ like the white version since most people would have at least some of the GoW games already. MGR Zandatsu is far superior to this or the white one hell even the azurite blue being released in Japan and the UK is better. We always get shafted when it comes to special edition consoles of any kind.

I'm so damn tempted to get this one but the only options for shipping and payment are fairly sketchy to me. Damn consoles always have to be a pain in the ass...

Much better rendered shots of the garnet red but it still looks washed out.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Why...would you buy another PS3 when the PS4 is around the corner? I mean do you have like 30+games and a currently broken one?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Why...would you buy another PS3 when the PS4 is around the corner? I mean do you have like 30+games and a currently broken one?
Yes, Yes I do. My PS3 works, but it's clunky and I've got a lot more than 30 games.

If they announce the PS4 on Feb 20th, I'll decide then if I want to spring for a new PS3. I can't really say what I'll do until after the 20th. Most likely I'll buy the red system to cover myself for all the games I have now.

I picked up the GoW 360 for pretty much the same reason.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Fuck Evil, you must have gone thru 10 360's by now.

Also what do you mean by clunky? I didn't use mine much but the slim was not clunky, bit noisy though/slow hd reading.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #6
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

I agree with SS, the red is washed out. The blue looks fab though. But I really liked the design of the current Slim, not this new shower radio type design! But the PS3 is so reliable that by the time my launch fattie breaks, the current Slims will be long gone and only these will be available. Sadness. At least my wife's PS3 is a Slim.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 PM   #7
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:

Also what do you mean by clunky? I didn't use mine much but the slim was not clunky, bit noisy though/slow hd reading.
He said he has a black fattie, learn to pay attention to details.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:05 AM   #8
Ozena
Evil Dead

The red console looks sweet, but my black (original) slim is a beast. Rather have black electronics anyways. I did pick up a white Dualshock though, the thing is awesome.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:11 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Fuck Evil, you must have gone thru 10 360's by now.

There is something wrong with the video output and the screen goes black every once in a while for a second or two. It was doing it all the time until I switched to new cables and now it does it a lot less, bu it still does it.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:32 AM   #10
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Quote:
I was going to pick up the White PS3 to replace my black fattie, but now I think I'll hold out for the Red one.
I'd look at a new PS3 first before you buy one. My kid took his to college with him so, I picked up one of these new ones (hoping to get the middle gen slim one). The new ones are pretty crappy construction wise. Just say'in, I'd not sell off your fatty.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:33 AM   #11
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozena View Post
The red console looks sweet, but my black (original) slim is a beast. Rather have black electronics anyways. I did pick up a white Dualshock though, the thing is awesome.
I grabbed the Gold. I've got Silver, Gold and Pink. Heh.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKwan View Post
I'd look at a new PS3 first before you buy one. My kid took his to college with him so, I picked up one of these new ones (hoping to get the middle gen slim one). The new ones are pretty crappy construction wise. Just say'in, I'd not sell off your fatty.
No, I'll keep the fattie for a backup. It is an original 60 GB, so it will play the kids old PS2 games.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #13
Rommel
International Playboy

So the white bundle loans you three games and may or may not swap them at a later date? Also, the games for the Vita (Sold seperately) that it includes ... what do I do with that?
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
god of war, playstation 3