Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 05:39 PM
2 Replies, 64 Views

Old 08-08-2019, 09:11 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Modern Warfare lets you equip a bloodthirsty Tamagotchi

Quote:
Tamagotchis, the cute digital pets that taught kids all about the futility of life and how forming attachments only leads to tragedy, will be featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. COD's critter, however, is called a Tamagunchi, and it feeds on death. Lovely!

A Game Informer preview spilled the beans on this unusual new feature, which apparently sprouted out of the functional wristwatch. At first it just told the time accurately, which is actually kinda cool, but then the designers started coming up with new possibilities, like stuff you get in fitness trackers, and somewhere along the line that morphed into adding a pet.

While the Tamagotchi heyday was back in the '90s, they're still around, and you can squeeze them into your smartwatch. So I guess it's not that weird for a soldier to be nurturing one while they're on tour, or in a deathmatch.

A Tamagunchi, unlike its inspiration, doesn't need to kept alive with food—thank God, because mine all starved to death—and instead craves what everyone in COD craves: more kills. The more you kill, the happier your Tamagunchi will be, like a little devil on your shoulder encouraging you to get a killstreak.

"This little thing on your wrist, every time you get a string of kills, it goes, 'Ya-ta!' and it makes a little noise, then you look at it, and it evolved out of an egg," Art director art director Joel Emslie said. "Tamagunchis are fed by the player’s performance in multiplayer. It’s just this little active wristwatch thing."

If you don't care for it, your Tamagunchi will "rot and die", so there's some incentive to go on multiplayer rampages. You'll be shooting for two.
PC Gamer.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #2
Terran
Evil Dead

"If you don't care for it, your Tamagunchi will "rot and die", so there's some incentive to go on multiplayer rampages. "

I think they mean "disincentive."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:59 AM   #3
BalekFekete
Claptrap Bitch

Shit that nobody wants, needs, or asked for thought up by some marketing firm. Congrats on what'll eventually be written up as one of the more absurd pieces of shit that doesn't sell in quite some time.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:18 PM   #4
Sammael
Nope, nope. Not this time

This is pretty poor timing. Maybe you don't release this info right after we have two shootings and the republican party is trying to blame video games again.

Biggest Ranger Fan on EA!!!!!!!!
Lets go Rangers!!!!
Sammael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:14 PM   #5
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
...the republican party is trying to blame video games again.
Snuggle up in that bubble of yours nice and tight! After all, it's just "the Republican Party" trying to blame video games for real world violence. This isn't bipartisan at all!

Just a few years back California, that bastion of CONSERVATISM lol, tried to censor/restrict games based upon potential resultant 'real world violence.'

In the same article, Massachusetts, that bastion of CONSERVATISM lol, tried to do the same.

After Sandy Hook several years ago in CT, Senator Chris Murphy (a Democrat) said, "I think there’s a question as to whether he would have driven in his mother’s car in the first place if he didn’t have access to a weapon that he saw in video games that gave him a false sense of courage about what he could do that day."

Remember this guy? VP Biden, to the rescue!

Here's Vox to Voxsplain it for you: "video games have become an easy target for politicians of all stripes following acts of mass violence"

Are some Republicans also banging on that drum? Yes. Are you a douche? Rhetorical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
call of duty, modern warfare