Last post by RAV
Today 08:22 AM
7 Replies, 1,471 Views

Old 12-20-2018, 06:57 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

ATLAS Extended Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Ahoy Landlubbers! New ATLAS Trailer Reveals Gameplay Details for the Pirate Surivival MMO Adventure

Winds have not been favorable to reaching our destination of an ATLAS launch onto Steam today - but now our sails are unfurled and the winds are strong! ATLAS will finally go live on Steam this Friday, December 21, opening up Freeports entry points to all aspiring buccaneers as they begin their journey outwards to the wider world.

For anxious pirates, Grapeshot Games offers a brand new gameplay trailer giving you an extended look at the massive, beautiful world of ATLAS.

This Thursday, December 20, the first live streams will start on Twitch - follow @SailTheATLAS for notifications as the first Pirates start their exploration!

Developed by the creators of the dinosaur survival adventure ARK: Survival Evolved, ATLAS will host up to 40,000 players exploring the same globe simultaneously, leading to an unprecedented scale of encounters, conflict and exploration. In ATLAS, players must stake their claim in this massive world as they construct custom ships, seek out buried treasure, siege and conquer fortresses, plunder wealthy merchants and recruit their own crew to join their powerful Armada in the ultimate quest for fortune and glory!
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:57 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #3
wunshot
Subscriber

I'm at the gym so I can't watch the trailer, but God I hope this is good. I've wanted a Pirates! style mmo game ever since I was a kid.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:03 AM   #4
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

What everyone wanted out of Sea of Thieves, maybe? Hmmm???

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:31 PM   #5
AlfredT
Evil Dead

The last bits of that trailer.. didn't match the first few minutes. I get it they have a mod kit.. but maybe highlight something more in line with the pirate theme than WWII fighters and tanks.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:43 PM   #6
VideoMike101
Dread Lord

I regret ever buying Ark early access, I sure as hell am not going to buy an Ark pirate mod that is still using other game's content.
VideoMike101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 04:26 PM   #7
Robberbaron
Death Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
I'm at the gym so I can't watch the trailer, but God I hope this is good. I've wanted a Pirates! style mmo game ever since I was a kid.
We were wondering where you were.

also at 1:34 in the guy on the left running out the door losses his clothes he gets shot so hard. I really hope this was alpha footage
Robberbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 04:54 PM   #8
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Apparently this game is just an absolute dumpster fire.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:23 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Apparently this game is just an absolute dumpster fire.
My son was playing it this morning. It looked like the graphics were from 1998 or something. It just looked terrible. The ships looked terrible, the characters looked terrible, across the board it really has nothing going for it in the art department.

Iím going to give this one a pass. I need to find a new MMO to play now that HotS is closing down, but this one isnít it.

Iím signed up for the Hyrule beta, lets hope for more from that one.
Old 12-24-2018, 05:20 PM   #10
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I've seen Hilltribe playing it a bunch. Wonder what his opinion on it is.

I don't like every man for himself open PvP MMOs. The haven't worked since the days of... ever and never been successful so I don't know why companies seem to think they've somehow cracked the formula that changes human nature.

There's a reason Eve Online, Shadowbane, Ultima Online, Merdian 59, and all the MUD games before them never attracted the user base PvE versions of similar games did... because people don't like being at the tender mercies of others.

People don't like games that are inherently set up so bullies win. People don't like games where the big guy gets to pick on the little guy, usually with few or no repercussions. People don't like games where the 25% of sociopaths run rampant force the devs to react to their shenanigans over the good of the 75% of normal players.

People don't like Waterworld or Genghis Khan. They want their little village out in the middle of nowhere to do their thing and they want that 25% of pricks to fuck off and leave them along.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:29 PM   #11
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

People have been digging in the games files and somehow got an ARK menu to come up. ATLAS is literally a reskin of ARK with broken netcode rendering it unplayable. There's a bit of controversy going on how they delayed release so they could get copies to Youtube "influencers" first to shill for their broken game.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 05:03 PM   #12
HillTribe
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
I've seen Hilltribe playing it a bunch. Wonder what his opinion on it is.

I don't like every man for himself open PvP MMOs. The haven't worked since the days of... ever and never been successful so I don't know why companies seem to think they've somehow cracked the formula that changes human nature.

I have already got my refund. This game is far from ready, even for early access.

I came into knowing it was basically Ark, which did not bother me as long as the new features were fleshed out enough to warrant a stand alone game. I have 800+ hours in Ark and love that game, even with its faults. One of my favorite things was to build boats and sail around, exploring and fighting. So this game was promising to expand on one of my favorite parts of Ark and I hope they clean up their act and, in a year or two, we could have an amazing game.

I loved the craziness that was Ark PVP servers. 99% of the time it was just me and my buddy, but with some careful planning and diplomacy we were able to hold our own... for the most part. But trolling and logging in to see your base blown open and all your stuff gone is comes with the territory. The highs were high and the lows were low, but I had many of my all time favorite gaming moments in Ark.
HillTribe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlas