Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
John Romero Releasing...
Last post by Mad Max RW
Today 03:45 PM
7 Replies, 315 Views
The Evil Avatar Red Dead...
Last post by Dag-Sabot
Today 03:10 PM
21 Replies, 3,896 Views
Godzilla King of the...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 02:35 PM
14 Replies, 494 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by SpectralThundr
Today 02:12 PM
2,911 Replies, 391,855 Views
Netflix gives some...
Last post by Demo_Boy
Today 10:25 AM
2 Replies, 316 Views
No Manís Sky Developer...
Last post by PatrickRes9
Today 09:21 AM
3 Replies, 458 Views
Katy Perry is Coming to...
Last post by Meusli
Today 08:42 AM
14 Replies, 736 Views
First Avengers Endgame...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 08:38 AM
18 Replies, 1,034 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2018, 02:04 PM   #41
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
When are you going to learn that identity politics are awful? It's likely the single reason liberals continue to lose at all levels of staying in power, and yet you tend to double down on it.
When are you going to learn that what you call "identity politics" isn't "identity politics" to the multiple millions of people who are in those minorities that you don't like?

You single out the entire problem with your entire mindset when you reduce representation to calling it "identity politics". It shows that you think of it as being an abstract, packaged idea that exists outside of reality. You think it's "extra". It's something that people introduce into something that would be "just fine without it".

You SAY that because to YOU, it is. You like the status quo. You like the way things are because you are represented. You like the way things are because you are catered to.

You say: "Let them eat cake".

It's not everyone ELSE who's an idiot. It's you. And when creative individuals are making more money with stuff like Overwatch, Black Panther, and Lost purely BECAUSE of it's inclusive outlook, THAT becomes the new status quo. Get used it. This didn't happen overnight, and it didn't happen because a handful of "SJWs" convinced someone to do what they say. It happened because diversity is NORMAL. Imperialistic mono-culture isn't.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:16 PM   #42
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 7,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
When are you going to learn that what you call "identity politics" isn't "identity politics" to the multiple millions of people who are in those minorities that you don't like?

You single out the entire problem with your entire mindset when you reduce representation to calling it "identity politics". It shows that you think of it as being an abstract, packaged idea that exists outside of reality. You think it's "extra". It's something that people introduce into something that would be "just fine without it".

You SAY that because to YOU, it is. You like the status quo. You like the way things are because you are represented. You like the way things are because you are catered to.

You say: "Let them eat cake".

It's not everyone ELSE who's an idiot. It's you. And when creative individuals are making more money with stuff like Overwatch, Black Panther, and Lost purely BECAUSE of it's inclusive outlook, THAT becomes the new status quo. Get used it. This didn't happen overnight, and it didn't happen because a handful of "SJWs" convinced someone to do what they say. It happened because diversity is NORMAL. Imperialistic mono-culture isn't.
Yeah because cramming it down everyone's throat how racist they are for not joining lock stock and barrel with the lunacy idiots like yourself exhibit in regards to skin color and how fucking important one's skin color is has worked out oh so fucking well for you hasn't it?

Face it Jaz, you of anyone on this entire site have quite possibly the largest chip on your shoulder because you've repeatedly told us "How Oppressed" and profiled and abused you've been. We get it, you're a racist, but it's ok because you're the right kind of racists, them evil whites!

How am I catered to again? Did I get a free billion dollars? No? Do I still need to go to work everyday to pay bills and eat? Yep. Yet you have this mindset that whites are OH so fucking privileged, again not based on action or merit or deeds, but simply on skin pixelation. You are the dictionary definition of a racists and can't even fathom it.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 06:22 PM   #43
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Yeah because cramming it down everyone's throat how racist they are for not joining lock stock and barrel with the lunacy idiots like yourself exhibit in regards to skin color and how fucking important one's skin color is has worked out oh so fucking well for you hasn't it?

Face it Jaz, you of anyone on this entire site have quite possibly the largest chip on your shoulder because you've repeatedly told us "How Oppressed" and profiled and abused you've been. We get it, you're a racist, but it's ok because you're the right kind of racists, them evil whites!

How am I catered to again? Did I get a free billion dollars? No? Do I still need to go to work everyday to pay bills and eat? Yep. Yet you have this mindset that whites are OH so fucking privileged, again not based on action or merit or deeds, but simply on skin pixelation. You are the dictionary definition of a racists and can't even fathom it.
Oh please. Your schtick is old and tired now. You've outed yourself as a racist fouchbag dozens of times so far and everyone knows where your bread is buttered.

" I'm not a racist, YOU'RE a racist despite the fact that I do and say things that are racist and you don't!"

Yawn.

Not being white and not looking at the world through white eyes doesn't equal a "chip" and the only people who think that way are racists.

I don't hVe to defend my point of view because my point of. Ire is the new normal. Get used to it. Media is GOING to reflect reality because it's financially beneficial to do so. That keeps getting proven over and over time and time again. And no, a company doing what makes them the most money bof cause it appeals to the largest audience numbers is not "cramming" anything down your throats.

Pour one out for your racist dinosaur friends. Your time is over.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:20 PM   #44
Chief Smash
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 3,635
The problem is that you’re still kind of lumping those identities in ways that don’t always work. Star Wars isn’t a massive business because it appeals to men or women. It makes cash because it appeals to families and kids. You’ve pointed out a few times now about things apealing to minorities so it’s okay that they shed the white men. First of all, you don’t have to shed white men to achieve more appeal. Second, if you start damaging your brand with families (no matter the color of the family) you’re screwed even if your social experiment worked. You act like the tide is somehow in your favor but it’s been bad for business in the major markets we’ve discussed. You’re a bit in denial.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:16 PM   #45
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
The problem is that youíre still kind of lumping those identities in ways that donít always work. Star Wars isnít a massive business because it appeals to men or women. It makes cash because it appeals to families and kids. Youíve pointed out a few times now about things apealing to minorities so itís okay that they shed the white men. First of all, you donít have to shed white men to achieve more appeal. Second, if you start damaging your brand with families (no matter the color of the family) youíre screwed even if your social experiment worked. You act like the tide is somehow in your favor but itís been bad for business in the major markets weíve discussed. Youíre a bit in denial.
I would argue that white men are not a monolith. This very board is a testament to that.

I never said that it was okay that a brand "shed the white man" as you say, but not all white men are as obsessively paranoid about diversity and representation as racists like Spectral are. Spectral proves it repeatedly by feeling like ANY attempt at inclusion is "cramming it down" his throat.

There are ABSOLUTELY ideologues who ruin things by pushing their agenda before the integrity of the product. But then there are racists like Spectral who see "diverse writers room" and read it as " only the white people deserve to be there. Everyone else was hired as a handout." That's racist. And insane.

Bottom line: anybody who sees diversity and inclusion and meaning that you are TAKING THINGS AWAY from white people are the ones with the problem. Taking down a "whites only" sign doesn't mean white people are no longer welcome.

I loved Star Wars when it was full of nothing but white men. I like The Force Awakens better because it's not. I saw that movie with a group of white people, many of them women, who we're estatic that they were included.

My point is that if Star Wars loses 10% of its hold on white men like Spectral and yet gains 10% from every other race on the planet and 10% increase of women who are 51% of the planet... they won't miss the 10% slide in white men for a second.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:34 PM   #46
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 7,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I would argue that white men are not a monolith. This very board is a testament to that.

I never said that it was okay that a brand "shed the white man" as you say, but not all white men are as obsessively paranoid about diversity and representation as racists like Spectral are. Spectral proves it repeatedly by feeling like ANY attempt at inclusion is "cramming it down" his throat.

There are ABSOLUTELY ideologues who ruin things by pushing their agenda before the integrity of the product. But then there are racists like Spectral who see "diverse writers room" and read it as " only the white people deserve to be there. Everyone else was hired as a handout." That's racist. And insane.

Bottom line: anybody who sees diversity and inclusion and meaning that you are TAKING THINGS AWAY from white people are the ones with the problem. Taking down a "whites only" sign doesn't mean white people are no longer welcome.

I loved Star Wars when it was full of nothing but white men. I like The Force Awakens better because it's not. I saw that movie with a group of white people, many of them women, who we're estatic that they were included.

My point is that if Star Wars loses 10% of its hold on white men like Spectral and yet gains 10% from every other race on the planet and 10% increase of women who are 51% of the planet... they won't miss the 10% slide in white men for a second.
Yes there are absolute ideologues who ruin things by agenda pushing, they're progressives, pushing racial division and you have embraced it hook line and sinker, great job you dumb fuck you. You're both cheering for it and agreeing that it's bad, you can't have it both ways. That isn't how reality works. When they continue to losing billions hand over foot for continuing to play the "push identity politics" game, things will change.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:41 PM   #47
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
My point is that if Star Wars loses 10% of its hold on white men like Spectral and yet gains 10% from every other race on the planet and 10% increase of women who are 51% of the planet... they won't miss the 10% slide in white men for a second.
First, you're a racist.
Second, identity politics is tribalism based upon race and is racist.
Third, diversity is not served purely by race or sex, and you prove yourself a racist for thinking so, because no race or sex is monolithic.
Fourth, thinking your way lost Hillary the election, lol.
Finally, hahahahaha@you!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:49 PM   #48
ashikenshin
Evil Dead
 
ashikenshin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,235
77% down from last weekend. Promoting pan sexuality is such a great strategy guys. All those women and minorities flooding the theaters
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:51 PM   #49
Chief Smash
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 3,635
Yeah I get what you mean but it doesn’t always work that way. And it has nothing to do with “I’m not going to see that movie. It’s not about white men!” It’s just that when you have identity as a higher priority than quality, it usually shows. I know you’re not a big believer in there being objective standards for quality but a lot of people do feel that way.

Also since when was Star Wars only about white men? Princes Leia was the de facto leader of the rebellion until we finally met the real leader, another woman Mon Mothma. And we had a black guy blow up the Death Star at the end of Jedi. These are far from small roles. But you like Force Awakens better simply because it’s less about white men than the originals? Your entitled to your own views but if the situation were reversed a lot of people would think that it’s really fucked up thing to say.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:02 PM   #50
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Yes there are absolute ideologues who ruin things by agenda pushing, they're progressives, pushing racial division and you have embraced it hook line and sinker, great job you dumb fuck you. You're both cheering for it and agreeing that it's bad, you can't have it both ways. That isn't how reality works. When they continue to losing billions hand over foot for continuing to play the "push identity politics" game, things will change.
This is my last attempt to try to speak reason to you:

If you think I'm saying two things at once: That I'm both "cheering for" diversity and "saying it's bad", is it more likely that I'm stupid and am saying two things at the same time? Or is it MORE LIKELY that you have the wrong end of the stick and don't understand what I'm saying?

Because the answer is the second one.

You've absolutely proven that you don't understand what words mean. You have proven time and time again that words like "diversity", "Racism", "globalism", "socialism", and "progressivism" don't mean what you think they do. There is a product called a "dictionary". It defines what words mean. There are many different versions, but there is a general consensus between them. Dictionaries are, for most academic pursuits, the final word on what a word means.

It doesn't MATTER if your conservative blog friends decided that "socialism" and "communism" are the same word. It doesn't MATTER if your conservative radio fiends tell you that "globalism" is a conspiracy perpetrated by... jews or whatever. It doesn't MATTER if you think "progressivism" means "racial division
. You are wrong. They are wrong. Words mean what words mean. We have empirical tools to TELL us what words mean.

Racism is, purely, thinking that one race is superior to others, or that other races are inferior.

I DO NOT THINK THAT ABOUT ANYONE, THEREFORE I AM NOT RACIST. That's empirical. You can keep calling me that, but it's spitting in the wind and blowing it right back into your face because you repeatedly say and do things that prove that you are not as bulletproof to that accusation.

Both you AND Terran have deluded yourselves into thinking that bringing up race means "racism". This is ignorant. It's no different than believing than talking about cancer gives someone cancer.

Again, it doesn't matter if you don't want the status quo to change. You can cry and whine yourself to sleep every night. It doesn't matter. The status quo HAS changed. It changed when LOST's diverse cast helped it be accepted by a diverse audience. It changed when Wonder Woman's female director and female point of view helped it be accepted by a female audience. It helped when Ryan Cougler wrote Black Panther about his perspective as a black american and it went on to break nearly all box office records.

The completely abnormal, completely offensive exclusion of minorities from culture is over with. It's done. Kiss it goodbye. And if you don't like it, you can go with it.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:12 PM   #51
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Yeah I get what you mean but it doesnít always work that way. And it has nothing to do with ďIím not going to see that movie. Itís not about white men!Ē Itís just that when you have identity as a higher priority than quality, it usually shows. I know youíre not a big believer in there being objective standards for quality but a lot of people do feel that way.

Also since when was Star Wars only about white men? Princes Leia was the de facto leader of the rebellion until we finally met the real leader, another woman Mon Mothma. And we had a black guy blow up the Death Star at the end of Jedi. These are far from small roles. But you like Force Awakens better simply because itís less about white men than the originals? Your entitled to your own views but if the situation were reversed a lot of people would think that itís really fucked up thing to say.
One can point to Princess Leia as being a progressive character, and I would agree with that. But she was progressive for a time.

I mean, let's be real: there are people who claim they can't get into games like The Elder Scrolls because there are no bathrooms. Something as minute and silly as THAT causes them to not be able to enjoy a fantasy world.

So when you are asking the question, not "where are the bathrooms", but "where are all the women?!" That is, I would argue, a more legitimate problem to have with a work of fiction.

It's not that The Force Awakens is a better film because it has a female lead. IT's a better film because there are more women EVERYWHERE.

When a white person sees a science fiction film and there are only white people in space, they might think "whoa! Good movie!". But if a minority sees a film and there are only white people in space, their personal experiences are going to make it blatantly apparent that SOMETHING has happened to this universe. And if the movie doesn't address it, it just because MORE weird.

What if you saw a new Sci FI movie and the ENTIRE cast was women. All the people on earth? women. All the people in space? Women. It would be WEIRD, right? You would constantly be like, "are they not going to address why there are only WOMEN in this future?"

That is what it's like watching a movie as a black person and seeing nothing but white people on screen.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:19 PM   #52
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JizGalaxy
I AM NOT RACIST.
Racist denies racism. Shocking!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
"...boys lining up outside a room to take a turn gang raping a woman?...I went to frat parties where shit like this was going down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:25 PM   #53
Chief Smash
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
One can point to Princess Leia as being a progressive character, and I would agree with that. But she was progressive for a time.
This doesn't really make sense. It comes across as if you're saying "You're right but it doesn't count."
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I mean, let's be real: there are people who claim they can't get into games like The Elder Scrolls because there are no bathrooms. Something as minute and silly as THAT causes them to not be able to enjoy a fantasy world.
Please tell me you can tell who is being stupid there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
It's not that The Force Awakens is a better film because it has a female lead. IT's a better film because there are more women EVERYWHERE.
I find it troubling that you judge quality based on intent more than content but then again that's getting to be common today. I think you mean well but I also think you have an incredibly skewed view of society. It gives you some pretty hypocritical views that you cannot seem to see at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
What if you saw a new Sci FI movie and the ENTIRE cast was women. All the people on earth? women. All the people in space? Women. It would be WEIRD, right? You would constantly be like, "are they not going to address why there are only WOMEN in this future?"
If it was a good movie, I wouldn't give a damn. That's why I enjoyed Wonder Woman and Black Panther. They were just good movies. You say that all of these buzz words have meanings but they also have a way they are practiced in real life and those practices don't always coincide with their dictionary definitions. When the world starts talking about bullshit like micro-aggressions where you can be racist without the slightest intent, the dictionary definition of racism doesn't apply anymore. So don't use these dictionary definitions only when it's convenient.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:43 AM   #54
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 7,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
I'm not sure I believe that quite yet. She's made Disney much more money than she has lost. They have paid for the price of the rights to Star Wars several times over already.

I think that's just wishful thinking on the part of people who don't like the new films. And the people who don't like ALL of the new stuff are pretty much just idiots who wanted the adventures of 70 year old men.
Yeah, I also very seriously doubt this. There's too much negative fallout in a move to replace KK for Disney to take that step, especially in light of how they take the long view on some things; heck, many studios with franchises in much worse shape haven't replaced their figureheads.

Look at WB with Zach Snyder despite the fact under his management and direction none of the DC Cinematic Universe Movies, apart from Wonder Woman, have really managed to gain any traction, they refuse to replace him. Even his fans are telling WB "Hey folks, maybe after this many movies Zach isn't the right guy with his whole silverwash dull filming style and kinda off the wall "B" list rogues gallery of villains and casting choices..."
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:25 AM   #55
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white men
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white man
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white people
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white people
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
whites only
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white people
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white men
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white people
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white men
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white men
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white person
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white people
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white people
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
white people
That's from barely 2 posts. I hate whitey as much as the next. Your hatred is an obsession. Seek help before you start shooting.
Mad Max RW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:29 AM   #56
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Yeah, I also very seriously doubt this. There's too much negative fallout in a move to replace KK for Disney to take that step, especially in light of how they take the long view on some things; heck, many studios with franchises in much worse shape haven't replaced their figureheads.

Look at WB with Zach Snyder despite the fact under his management and direction none of the DC Cinematic Universe Movies, apart from Wonder Woman, have really managed to gain any traction, they refuse to replace him. Even his fans are telling WB "Hey folks, maybe after this many movies Zach isn't the right guy with his whole silverwash dull filming style and kinda off the wall "B" list rogues gallery of villains and casting choices..."
Google Rich Ross and John Carter. Disney isn't afraid to get rid of higher ups after costing them a shit load of money. Women and homosexuals are not exempt.

Zach Snyder's continued involvement starting halfway through Justice League is in name only. He helps fund the movies. He no longer has any creative direction in them.
Mad Max RW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:20 AM   #57
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 7,480
Jizzy: IT WAS BETTER BECAUSE MORE WOMEN!!
Everyone: um that's discrimination and racists guy
Jizzy: IDENTITY POLITICS FU WHITEY!

Yep you're not a racist not at all.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:30 PM   #58
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 7,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Google Rich Ross and John Carter. Disney isn't afraid to get rid of higher ups after costing them a shit load of money. Women and homosexuals are not exempt.

Zach Snyder's continued involvement starting halfway through Justice League is in name only. He helps fund the movies. He no longer has any creative direction in them.
The difference is Star Wars has made big bucks under KKs reign; it has more than paid for itself so far with two of the three movies breaking into the exclusive billion dollar club. Solo is the only real financial underperformer.

For the most part they've been able to box up any negative feelings toward TLJ and now Solo into either a "they is sexist!" box or now "Star Wars Fatigue" which will keep KK at the helm for at least 2 or 3 more movies depending on their performance.

We're stuck with the next 3 movies no matter what. I think my hope would be to see the Boba Fett movie turn into something a little darker, maybe veer into "R" territory and be something similar to the 1313 game which was on the docket at LucasArts just before they closed shop.

Instead, with Disney, I expect it will turn into some form of buddy comedy like "The Rundown"

vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:10 PM   #59
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 895
Rich Ross was responsible for Disney's multi-billion dollar Pirates of the Caribbean series, Alice in Wonderland and Toy Story 3 before losing his job after the high profile $300 million flop that was John Carter. He oversaw three of the highest grossing movies in history but was still fired and the planned John Carter of Mars trilogy canceled. Additionally, Rich Ross was celebrated as the first openly gay man to be chairman of Walt Disney Studios. Anyone can see holding up Kathleen Kennedy as a female icon responsible for movies that brought in billions for Disney followed by a gigantic flop costing hundreds of millions can and most likely will result in her replacement.
Mad Max RW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #60
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 7,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Anyone can see holding up Kathleen Kennedy as a female icon responsible for movies that brought in billions for Disney followed by a gigantic flop costing hundreds of millions can and most likely will result in her replacement.
Maybe. However if the failure is due to a failure of pushing "the agenda" or "Star Wars Fatigue" she will be excused. Add in Kennedy being one of the few high profile female executives at Disney Films (or in film period) and you have a hell of a lot of teflon coating.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see her, JJ Abrams, and the whole ball of wax replaced by people interested in the lore, the fans, and making good stories instead of blaming the audience when their ideas bomb or their agenda get's challenged.

I'm just not sure Solo is the nail in her coffin. A nail, maybe, but it's a tiny one; more like a staple. Plus we now have 4 weeks of low power releases which won't challenge Solo. Once people have seen Deadpool and Avengers Solo may pick up stragglers and it may have better legs than expected. I think the next fairly high profile release is Antman and Wasp.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekend boxoffice chart

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:01 PM.