Last post by PatrickRes9
Yesterday 06:40 PM
9 Replies, 551 Views

Old 06-20-2018, 05:21 PM   #21
Skunk
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestHour00 View Post
Play EVE Online. As long as you don't threaten someone IRL, you can pretty much say whatever you want. Someone upset you in EVE? Stop crying about it and get revenge!

Harden The Fuck Up is what the EVE developers say. Check it out for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvM7av1o1Q
Bwa hahahaha never new this existed! So great!

Of course, the learning curve for getting into EVE versus HotS is... noteworthy
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:54 PM   #22
Tashtego
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
If you play any online game with voice chat, It is filled with people just screaming racist language and profanity, but I got banned for repeated use of the F-word?
As others have said, this will be a 24 h silence so it's not that big of a deal. Unfortunately, the reporting system in HotS is garbage. Everyone knows that the only thing that matters for reporting is the 'abusive chat' option, so people just use that for all reports -- so there's a good chance that your language had nothing to do with the silence. Someone doesn't like your cursing? Report for abusive chat. Someone doesn't like your pick in HL? Reported for abusive chat, etc.. Silences are given out based on the number of reports you receive (although I think that there is some decay mechanism), so if you play enough games there's a good chance that you'll get silenced.

They are supposedly working in the report system to help punish AFK/feeding players and reduce false reporting incidents, but who knows when that will take effect or how good the implementation will be.
Tashtego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:03 PM   #23
blackzc
Evil Dead

How long would i last, lol?

If someone wants a family friendly environment thats fine, but its pretty apparent they are going political with this. Just like we can smell them a mile away, they can smell us. And since cat patting sjw's are middle management atm, we have no place.

Its fine, video games are shit any way.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:16 PM   #24
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Its fine, video games are shit any way.
Then why the fuck do you waste your time here, at a video game news site?
Old 06-21-2018, 07:50 AM   #25
DarkestHour00
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
Bwa hahahaha never new this existed! So great!

Of course, the learning curve for getting into EVE versus HotS is... noteworthy
Very true. Joining a corporation in EVE really helped me learn the ropes, but it can still feel overwhelming. Learning the game is worth it for me because there is nothing quite like EVE Online. It just turned 15 and I hope it goes another 15!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAVIhKdspl8
DarkestHour00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:28 AM   #26
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Its called unintentional hypocrisy.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:53 AM   #27
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Maybe for the same reason I bothered to see Jurassic World last night?

'Got any plans tonight honey? Let's go waste a couple hours watching that piece of crap Jurassic retread thingy. It's a date!'

<two hours later>

'LOL. That was forgettable!'

So...maybe just for the hell of it. The lulz. No reason at all. To SAVE AMERICA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:10 AM   #28
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

It was a 7-day ban and it's my first ban. Not sure where you get the idea your first ban is 24 hours.

I've certainly never been silenced before, I would have complained about it here.

Still have about 12 hours to go and after that I'll probably just turn off the in-game chat.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:29 PM   #29
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
Because video games are something i am both resentful yet nostalgic about.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:55 AM   #30
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
It was a 7-day ban and it's my first ban. Not sure where you get the idea your first ban is 24 hours.

I've certainly never been silenced before, I would have complained about it here.

Still have about 12 hours to go and after that I'll probably just turn off the in-game chat.
What? No they are attacking muh free speeches fallacy? Wow, I'm surprised.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:48 AM   #31
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
I have the idea that it starts at 24 hours because Blizzard specifically said it starts at 24 hours and increases from there.
According to the Silence Penalty blog post directly from Blizzard:

"The first time a player is silenced, their chat will be restricted for 24 hours. This duration will double for each silence penalty received after the first, and there is no maximum. This means that players who receive multiple silence penalties may find themselves unable to chat for a very, very long time."

Quote:
Unless they've quietly made the system much more draconian, a 7-day ban implies otherwise. It's worth noting that the penalties never "decay" or go away; if you were silenced five times in three years, you'd have the same duration as someone silenced five times in three months.

Last edited by Chimpbot; 06-26-2018 at 07:11 AM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:54 AM   #32
Scrotus
Peon

Long time lurker, first post to say I agree!

hey all, luv this site and the comments.
had to join and add my voice to this mess that is online gaming with isnta bans for typing bad words
i get all the trigger warning peeps we have to pander to, but boy are blizz games getting super non fun for me with others
luv HOTS for the play with toys action, but hate how must randos are sooo bad at playing as a team, yet sooo great at criticizing others play
call someone a fag for playing like a fag, in text chat, and get banned
but shout/verbally abuse someone for being a newb and that's OK as long as you don't say any of the magical no-no words/phrases...
just like how it works on the playground right? everybody luvs the fat/nerd kids that cry cause the other kids aren't playing nice with them =p

BTW i have a crazy brain (borderline personality disorder) and a side effect of that is I hate/luv everything equally so forgiveness plz if i sound like a mean ol' man xD
Scrotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:30 AM   #33
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Ok, this time I got a 7-day account suspension. I can't play Heroes at all. And this time, I didn't use a single word of profanity. Heck, I barely chatted at all. About the worst I ever said was "Morons" when we lost.

People are just spamming the "Abusive Chat" button when they don't like your picks or don't like how you play. Ranked mode is just a toxic mess right now and they are going to have to figure out how to fix it or they will just keep losing players.

I just went off and played Fortnite all day. No skin off my nose. If Blizzard doesn't want my money, I'm good with that.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:42 PM   #34
Exodus
Evil Dead

Actually I think what this does is make the community ultra passive aggressive. It's hilarious.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #35
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
About the worst I ever said was "Morons" when we lost.

I just went off and played Fortnite all day. No skin off my nose. If Blizzard doesn't want my money, I'm good with that.
Well since you mentioned you've paid something like $30 over the last few years I think they'll manage

Still, this is a little troublesome. Sounds like their ban AI is a problem. Once you've gotten on the radar you've now entered into a feedback loop where it takes almost no effort to get back into the jail.

Reports for "trouble" players may not even be seen by a real person any more, it just takes a high heat thresh hold to up your punishment.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:53 PM   #36
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Well since you mentioned you've paid something like $30 over the last few years I think they'll manage

Still, this is a little troublesome. Sounds like their ban AI is a problem. Once you've gotten on the radar you've now entered into a feedback loop where it takes almost no effort to get back into the jail.

Reports for "trouble" players may not even be seen by a real person any more, it just takes a high heat thresh hold to up your punishment.
That is what it seems like to me, because if I didn't use any profanity or say anything more toxic than "Morons" at the end of a match we lost, there is no way I should have been given a 7-day ban.

Plus, I also got a warning for being AFK. AFK? I've never gone AFK in a match.

I think you are right that once your account is on their radar, anything at all gives them an excuse to ban you. And you can bet it is all just being done via automated blocking not because any real person is looking at your account.

I went back to Fortnite for a while. It doesn't even have chat. I'm sure it does, but no one really bothers to use it because I'm playing on the PS4 and most people don't have a keyboard hooked up to their system and/or can't be bothered with the hunt-and-peck chatting.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:43 AM   #37
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
That is what it seems like to me, because if I didn't use any profanity or say anything more toxic than "Morons" at the end of a match we lost, there is no way I should have been given a 7-day ban.

Plus, I also got a warning for being AFK. AFK? I've never gone AFK in a match.

I think you are right that once your account is on their radar, anything at all gives them an excuse to ban you. And you can bet it is all just being done via automated blocking not because any real person is looking at your account.

I went back to Fortnite for a while. It doesn't even have chat. I'm sure it does, but no one really bothers to use it because I'm playing on the PS4 and most people don't have a keyboard hooked up to their system and/or can't be bothered with the hunt-and-peck chatting.
There was your first mistake.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pure evil