Old 06-11-2019, 08:50 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Nintendo Direct E3 2019 Starts Now!

Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
DingBat
Evil Dead

While I'd heard rumours about Witcher 3 I kinda dismissed them. Assuming they do a decent port, this will be a great pick up for my Switch.
DingBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:23 AM   #3
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Nintendo knows how to do a presentation. Seriously, all these other publishers really need to learn from this. No presenters giving long winded speeches about how long it took to make, how diverse the development team was, and what the game may or may not do through performance art. Just games. And actual game play, not just cut-scenes and promises.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:26 AM   #4
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
While I'd heard rumours about Witcher 3 I kinda dismissed them. Assuming they do a decent port, this will be a great pick up for my Switch.
Agreed. I've seen a lot of people complain about the drop in quality of multi-platform games on the Switch. Fortunately, I don't mind. The only reason I would get it on the Switch is because I want it to be portable, I rarely hook it up to TV anyway.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Good presentation for sure. Just cut to the meat of things and show us the games.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:54 AM   #6
BillyWilliamton
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
Seriously, all these other publishers really need to learn from this. No presenters giving long winded speeches about how long it took to make, how diverse the development team was, and what the game may or may not do through performance art. Just games. And actual game play, not just cut-scenes and promises.
They need those virtue signal sales, since the games are all trash.
BillyWilliamton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:22 AM   #7
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

I don't see why anyone would want Witcher on the switch except for novelty value. Same with Skyrim. Seriously, is there anyone in the audience for these games with just a Switch and no PC or high end console? Just boggles my mind. People must be re-buying it for the novelty factor, which only a dingbat would do.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:29 AM   #8
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
I don't see why anyone would want Witcher on the switch except for novelty value. Same with Skyrim. Seriously, is there anyone in the audience for these games with just a Switch and no PC or high end console? Just boggles my mind. People must be re-buying it for the novelty factor, which only a dingbat would do.
<-- Dingbat.

I got Skyrim to have a portable Skyrim. Same with Diablo III, even though I already have both on the PC. It's actually quite awesome.

I don't have Witcher III yet, but I think I know what system I am getting it on now.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:44 AM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Your question contains the answer. Most of the people playing these games on the Switch do not own high-end gaming PCís and probably donít own the Xbox or the PS4. You are mostly talking about younger gamers with the Switch who probably havenít played Skyrim or The Witcher.

There is a whole generation of people who get by with a laptop and a smart phone and there is about a billion young people who arenít old enough to own high-end PCís and the Switch IS their console system.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:47 AM   #10
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Your question contains the answer. Most of the people playing these games on the Switch do not own high-end gaming PCís and probably donít own the Xbox or the PS4. You are mostly talking about younger gamers with the Switch who probably havenít played Skyrim or The Witcher.

There is a whole generation of people who get by with a laptop and a smart phone and there is about a billion young people who arenít old enough to own high-end PCís and the Switch IS their console system.
And also people who want to take advantage of playing really good games on the go. Or people who enjoy Nintendos first party titles. Both of those situations apply to me.

I played Witcher 3 and Skyrim. I've been playing games since the Atari and NES era, but I really want to play these great games on the go as a professional who travels at times, and also that Animal Crossing and Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel are going to be great. Mobile or not.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:01 AM   #11
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Wow. Not much I didn't already know about but some how still better than the other press conferences. I want a to play some of these games.

I have been on the fence on gettting a switch for awhile. New hardware rumors keep me from jumping on board.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:03 AM   #12
Chief Smash
Subscriber

I also like the idea of having these games on the Switch so I can hang out in the living room and game on the couch with my wife while she reads or watches her shows. When Summer comes around, I also like to light up the tiki torches and sit on the deck and play a game. I'll admit that it doesn't happen all of the time but I really like the option, enough that I don't mind the drop in quality.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:34 PM   #13
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
I own Skyrim on the Switch, PC, and Xbox. It's one of my favorite games. I'm on the road a lot. Today for example I'll have two hours to kill between appointments. I'll find a nice park, and play some Skyrim. I can't wait for the Witcher 3. Maybe I'll actually beat it, because I don't have time to play with it at home.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:02 PM   #14
CthulhuFan
Subscriber

I've got a great PC and run most of my stuff in 3840x2160 and the demanding stuff in 2560x1440 and I own and love my switch because it's fucking tits when you're stuck away from home for extended periods of time.
CthulhuFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:56 PM   #15
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

OK, guess I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

I am getting Super Mario Maker 2 for my son, Link's Awakening, and Luigi's Mansion 3. Everything else was a yawnfest in that Treehouse.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #16
CthulhuFan
Subscriber

Quote:

I am getting Super Mario Maker 2 for my son, Link's Awakening, and Luigi's Mansion 3. Everything else was a yawnfest in that Treehouse.
It just is what it is. Some of us don't give a fuck and just want to game when we're stuck out and about. So, yeah, calling Roach, doing Daedric quests, or playing Shantae or Zelda BotW in substandard resolution with less than ideal frame-rate is legitimately better than turning on CNN or whatever.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:26 PM   #17
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:

I wouldnít say you are wrong, just looking at it from the wrong perspective. I think for a lot of kids the Switch is their only console. The thing is $300, so some parents arenít going to buy their kid a Switch and a PS4/Xbox, they are just going to buy the Switch.

For people like us, itís a little redundant unless you are doing gaming on the Go. I donít usually find myself stuck anywhere so I donít own a Switch, but we have two of them in the house, both kids have one.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:03 AM   #18
CthulhuFan
Subscriber

I did not meat to sound like an asshole with that previous post; just meant to say that it's bad ass to play Skyrim or whatever at the doctor's office or wherever even if it's sub-par resolution/framerate.

Tags
e3 2019, nintendo direct