Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Pure Evil - Blade Runner...
Last post by ZAX
Today 01:22 PM
37 Replies, 4,595 Views
Sony Announces Star Wars...
Last post by Metal Jesus
Today 01:11 PM
9 Replies, 560 Views
EA Shuts Down Visceral,...
Last post by Methos
Today 01:01 PM
3 Replies, 209 Views
The Young Han Solo Movie...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 12:57 PM
0 Replies, 1 Views
Ben Affleck Groping...
Last post by Emabulator
Today 12:46 PM
103 Replies, 15,465 Views
Godless Trailer - New...
Last post by vallor
Today 12:45 PM
2 Replies, 331 Views
CD Projekt Red: "This...
Last post by MADxMrMike
Today 12:28 PM
12 Replies, 1,014 Views
Wolfenstein II Launch...
Last post by ElektroDragon
Today 11:58 AM
4 Replies, 281 Views
» Promotion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #41
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Except for when I don't, which is often enough. You like to say I side with the Left, though...but you're never able to provide concrete examples.
You're so full of shit. From the black panther thread crying that you're somehow being silenced, to being ok pushing gays in movies aimed at children like power rangers, Anytime you chime in on a post that's gone political, it's a left leaning view. Pat does it too despite claiming otherwise. Here's the rub, when one consistently spouts progressive views, they're not conservative. Much like for example when bean was censoring people, and teaching children sex ed against their parents wishes, among other things it didn't make him a liberal libertarian as theres really no such thing. As another example when Anemone lays out his absolutely authoritarian viewpoints and support for pedophiles, it doesn't make him a libertarian either. Own the stances you take and the things you say.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:39 PM   #42
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
You're so full of shit. From the black panther thread crying that you're somehow being silenced, to being ok pushing gays in movies aimed at children like power rangers, Anytime you chime in on a post that's gone political, it's a left leaning view. Pat does it too despite claiming otherwise. Here's the rub, when one consistently spouts progressive views, they're not conservative. Much like for example when bean was censoring people, and teaching children sex ed against their parents wishes, among other things it didn't make him a liberal libertarian as theres really no such thing. As another example when Anemone lays out his absolutely authoritarian viewpoints and support for pedophiles, it doesn't make him a libertarian either. Own the stances you take and the things you say.
If you went back and read the thread you're referencing, all I said was that the character being gay was of little to no consequence to the plot. It was marginally important, at best. It was alluded to...and that was it.

So much for supporting argument with logic and facts.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #43
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,309
So you're just an outright liar then. Can't say I'm surprised.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:15 PM   #44
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
So you're just an outright liar then. Can't say I'm surprised.
How does that make me a liar?

Everything I wrote is readily available on this site.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:31 PM   #45
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
How does that make me a liar?

Everything I wrote is readily available on this site.
Is it? I thought all those evil right wingers were silencing you? Though really to claim you don't generally lean left with said posting history readily available, you're wondering why I think you're full of shit? Really?
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:55 AM   #46
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 5,978
I got tired of BOTW after 75 hours and stopped playing. Came back to it about 2 weeks later, its soo good all over again. I love that game. I cant wait for another one.
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:01 AM   #47
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 5,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
You're so full of shit. From the black panther thread crying that you're somehow being silenced, to being ok pushing gays in movies aimed at children like power rangers, Anytime you chime in on a post that's gone political, it's a left leaning view. Pat does it too despite claiming otherwise. Here's the rub, when one consistently spouts progressive views, they're not conservative. Much like for example when bean was censoring people, and teaching children sex ed against their parents wishes, among other things it didn't make him a liberal libertarian as theres really no such thing. As another example when Anemone lays out his absolutely authoritarian viewpoints and support for pedophiles, it doesn't make him a libertarian either. Own the stances you take and the things you say.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
How does that make me a liar?

Everything I wrote is readily available on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Is it? I thought all those evil right wingers were silencing you? Though really to claim you don't generally lean left with said posting history readily available, you're wondering why I think you're full of shit? Really?

ITT a super turbo liberal champion edition and a neocon infinite wars for isreal cuck debate who is more right wing.

Only on Evil Avatar!
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:01 AM   #48
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 7,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Is it? I thought all those evil right wingers were silencing you? Though really to claim you don't generally lean left with said posting history readily available, you're wondering why I think you're full of shit? Really?
I'm just asking for actual examples to back up your claim. You're saying I'm fill of shit (and a liar, apparently), but you won't actually give me any examples of my extreme Left views.

The one "example" you did provide was...well, completely wrong.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:12 AM   #49
TafJaf
Subscriber
 
TafJaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 110
This thread just goes out of topic so fast, let's call somebody a Nazi and end this thread...
TafJaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #50
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 5,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by TafJaf View Post
This thread just goes out of topic so fast, let's call somebody a Nazi and end this thread...
I'm the resident nazi around here. Or so im told.

I really consider myself more of a statistical scientist who wants to prevent negative outcomes by using data on hand to us.
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #51
TafJaf
Subscriber
 
TafJaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
I'm the resident nazi around here. Or so im told.

I really consider myself more of a statistical scientist who wants to prevent negative outcomes by using data on hand to us.
So do you think with Nintendo's sale figures, are they avoiding a negative trend?
TafJaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:44 PM   #52
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 5,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by TafJaf View Post
So do you think with Nintendo's sale figures, are they avoiding a negative trend?
I think the Switch is going to be a hit. The market is stale and people are drawn to it. Also the DS crowd is a market in itself. They will be coming over in the next couple years.

100 million sold in the next 6 years over several revisions and skews. It will all become clear when pokemon ships.
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:35 AM   #53
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
I think the Switch is going to be a hit. The market is stale and people are drawn to it. Also the DS crowd is a market in itself. They will be coming over in the next couple years.

100 million sold in the next 6 years over several revisions and skews. It will all become clear when pokemon ships.
Lol that must be the same kool-aid the progressives drink to believe their own batshittery.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:37 AM   #54
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Lol that must be the same kool-aid the progressives drink to believe their own batshittery.
Just as an aside, any time you mention kool-aid and progressives, you make yourself look silly. And likewise for the reverse, anyone puts themselves in the blue ideology camp and says the same thing about red is just as foolish. Don't be afraid to use your brain. Are you saying stuffing your reasoning and values into a confined box and refusing to move from there, and only criticizing what's in the other box is crazy? Yes, it is. Regardless of what color that box is.

__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:18 AM   #55
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 6,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Just as an aside, any time you mention kool-aid and progressives, you make yourself look silly. And likewise for the reverse, anyone puts themselves in the blue ideology camp and says the same thing about red is just as foolish. Don't be afraid to use your brain. Are you saying stuffing your reasoning and values into a confined box and refusing to move from there, and only criticizing what's in the other box is crazy? Yes, it is. Regardless of what color that box is.

Conservatives aren't the ones importing Muslims by the 1000s into western countries where they continue to abuse and rape women, they're also not the ones who ignore science in regards to gender or climate, they also don't try to shut down speech they disagree with because they're literally afraid of it, or trying to remove Americans 1st and 2nd amendment rights.

So take your own advice and use your fucking brain and common sense.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:22 AM   #56
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,163
The problem with your graphic, PR9, is that it's incredibly simplistic and highly inaccurate. The reality (empirically observed in studies) is that 'red state' America actually understands and can even explain 'blue state' positions and ideology, whereas 'blue state' individuals are unable to understand or explain the positions of their political counterparts. Additionally, 'blue state' residents live in much more segregated (racially, ideologically) regions whereas 'red state' residents live in much more diverse (racially, ideologically) neighborhoods and regions. Finally, only one of the two is actively trying to alter the First Amendment to ban speech, banning speech in the academy, and in general busily destroying heretics who might stray from accepted dogma (on climate change, abortion, race, etc., etc..). I hope you can figure out which camp that is.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:45 AM   #57
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
The problem with your graphic, PR9, is that it's incredibly simplistic and highly inaccurate. The reality (empirically observed in studies) is that 'red state' America actually understands and can even explain 'blue state' positions and ideology, whereas 'blue state' individuals are unable to understand or explain the positions of their political counterparts. Additionally, 'blue state' residents live in much more segregated (racially, ideologically) regions whereas 'red state' residents live in much more diverse (racially, ideologically) neighborhoods and regions. Finally, only one of the two is actively trying to alter the First Amendment to ban speech, banning speech in the academy, and in general busily destroying heretics who might stray from accepted dogma (on climate change, abortion, race, etc., etc..). I hope you can figure out which camp that is.
I think it's meant to be abstract. Clearly it's not accurate in a scientific way or representative of all of possible human reason in an accurate way. It's abstract, but meant to make a point I think, which is a valid one. Yes clearly there is a lot to fault in the blue box of restrained thinking, but likewise goes for the red box. And the blue and red box spend their time pointing out the reasoning issues in the other box (as though it even had to be said that logic would be faulty when constrained), which is doubly madness, as they're both faulty to begin with. People side with ideas they wouldn't even otherwise agree with, because it exists in the same colored box they identify with.

I can point out a multitude of Democratic liberal ideas and Republican conservative ideas that are absolute trash, but what would be the point of doing so? It's clear neither box is a viable option.

Not to mention the continual reaffirmation cycle those who belong to a team get locked into. Rather than actually challenging their own ideas for growth, they listen to their favorite media and talking heads repeating what they want to hear all day.

Pointing this out doesn't mean im pro blue box. Clearly. I think subscribing to pre-packaged ideology is only damaging to your own growth. I'm just saying you should continue to build knowledge, and adapt your stance based on probabilities and rationale based on the knowledge you've accrued as well as using your maximum deduction and reasoning abilities.

So when someone says "red box" this or "blue box" that, usually it means (not always) that they rest in the other box, which is equally absurd. I don't want to debate the "wrongs" of the world, or discuss what true justice is, for example, with people who refuse to think or move. It's a losing game.

And even as I try to make this point, you're trying to tell me why the red box is better than the blue box. But I can point out the irrationally of some of the republican party's ideology around their philosophy, legislation, and economic reasoning just as well as the democratic party. So when I hear "them damn liberals..." or "them damn republicans..." I'm instantly thinking... "Oh, someone else who is playing that silly game. Not worth my time".

And to see the problem in a different way, look at spectral outright objecting and refusing to engage in real conversation around anything that might challenge his views. On everything from politics to video games. It's a mentality. The "always right" mentality, and those are usually the most ignorant and shitty people I encounter, and are generally impossible to have any real or meaningful conversations with.

It reminds me of my fiance's mom. She was carrying on about a talk radio personality, and how awesome and right he is (she listens to his show every day), and I pressed her on her values and where they align with this talk-radio personality. Eventually I told her I try to reason "those sorts of things" out for myself. Her response blew me away. Exact words: "I don't have time to think!" It blew my mind that I actually heard someone say that sentence. I guess it was an honest admission, but what a shitty (and likely common) stance to take. People like that shouldn't be voting on anything.
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 05-22-2017 at 06:01 AM..
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:00 AM   #58
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Yes clearly there is a lot to fault in the blue box of restrained thinking, but likewise goes for the red box. And the blue and red box spend their time pointing out the reasoning issues in the other box (as though it even had to be said that logic would be faulty when constrained), which is doubly madness, as they're both faulty to begin with.
You're equivocating when the much greater issues, and threats to freedom of thought, speech, and conduct, lie on one side of the partisan divide and not the other.

You know what Shakespeare said about equivocators, right? Welcome to hell, equivocator!*

* Macbeth, act 2, scene 3. Interesting allusion in those lines to actual history and the Gunpowder Plot.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:02 AM   #59
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies
 
PatrickRes9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
You're equivocating when the much greater issues, and threats to freedom of thought, speech, and conduct, lie on one side of the partisan divide and not the other.

You know what Shakespeare said about equivocators, right? Welcome to hell, equivocator!*

* Macbeth, act 2, scene 3. Interesting allusion in those lines to actual history and the Gunpowder Plot.
You think all of the worlds troubles and issues come from the blue box? I can challenge you on that, but what would be the point...
I'm not saying they're equal - that simple graphic is over simplified. I'm sure one ideology is slightly less rational than the other. From a pure probabilities standpoint it's extremely unlikely that they're equally irrational.

It's the overarching point being made that placing your rationale in a box filled with pre-defined ideology is stupid and it's annoying to engage in conversation with people like that, especially when they revel in their camp wars. If you think blue does all of the censoring, check out what Texas and Tennessee Tea Party conservatives wanted to do with the subject of slavery. Pretend it didn't happen.

I should find something better to do. There is 0 point in continuing to try to further explanation of an off-handed comment about spectral or anyone else refusing to budge on anything, or have meaningful conversations about anything, or blaming camp A or B for all of life's problems. It's the blue guys. They did it. Get 'em!
__________________
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front.

Last edited by PatrickRes9; 05-22-2017 at 06:21 AM..
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:25 AM   #60
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
You think all of the worlds troubles and issues come from the blue box? I can challenge you on that, but what would be the point...
You'd have to challenge yourself on that little all-or-nothing/false dilemma thinking, since I didn't say that, thank you very little.

The vast majority of the threats to individual freedom, free thought and speech, and freedom emanate from the fundamentalist left. Period. There is only ONE area where the right is trying to systematically limit (not eliminate...LIMIT) your freedom, and that is in the ability of people to butcher babies at any gestational stage they choose, and even there, the right is overwhelmingly against a blanket ban on abortion...more appropriately called by its accurate moniker of baby killing in the service of convenience.

Quote:
I'm not saying they're equal
You're equivocating. The gates are open, equivocator.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mario kart 8 deluxe, nintendo, nintendo switch, switch

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:41 PM.