Last post by vallor
Yesterday 02:57 PM
2,940 Replies, 402,659 Views

Old 11-15-2018, 06:38 AM   #41
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
You called someone out for shitting on Stan Lee, while you proceeded to shit on Stan Lee to begin with. Own it and move on.
No, I responding to the ridiculousness of shitting on one celebrity immediately after they died while fawning over another as if they were blameless in life, simply because you like them better.

MY actual point was that I personally find it best (in most cases) to remember the impact they made, not necessarily the cause of their death or the questionable things they may have done throughout their lives. Again, context is important...but some folks would prefer to just ignore it in the name of claiming some sort of moral high ground.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:05 PM   #42
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
No, I responding to the ridiculousness of shitting on one celebrity immediately after they died while fawning over another as if they were blameless in life, simply because you like them better.

MY actual point was that I personally find it best (in most cases) to remember the impact they made, not necessarily the cause of their death or the questionable things they may have done throughout their lives. Again, context is important...but some folks would prefer to just ignore it in the name of claiming some sort of moral high ground.
Prince's death isn't relevant. No one trashed Stan Lee in this thread except you, so once again quite hypocritical all things considered, though given the source, YOU, not shocking.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:10 PM   #43
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Prince's death isn't relevant. No one trashed Stan Lee in this thread except you, so once again quite hypocritical all things considered, though given the source, YOU, not shocking.
It was certainly part of the discussion as it evolved here; it's not as if I was the one who brought it up initially. If you actually took the time to read what I wrote, you'd know that I wasn't actually trashing Stan Lee at all. It's the last thing I would feel like doing at the moment.

If you can't understand context and how comments tie into each other, then I'm not sure what to tell you at this point.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:19 PM   #44
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
MY actual point was that I personally find it best (in most cases) to remember the impact they made, not necessarily the cause of their death or the questionable things they may have done throughout their lives.
And yet you felt the need to say: "Reams of paper have been written about Lee and his questionable practices over the years regarding his showmanship and his penchant for, shall we say, "overenthusiastic crediting" in regards to his own contributions to things. The Kirby and Ditko camps have what many would consider to be legitimate beefs with Lee. But, this really isn't the time to be focusing on the negative aspects like that.

You've been there, you've done that.

Quote:
I wasn't actually trashing Stan Lee at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:48 PM   #45
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
And yet you felt the need to say: "Reams of paper have been written about Lee and his questionable practices over the years regarding his showmanship and his penchant for, shall we say, "overenthusiastic crediting" in regards to his own contributions to things. The Kirby and Ditko camps have what many would consider to be legitimate beefs with Lee. But, this really isn't the time to be focusing on the negative aspects like that.

And yet you continue to misunderstand why I even wrote that.
You never will...so, carry on.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:50 PM   #46
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
And yet you continue to misunderstand why I even wrote that.
Your intention is immaterial. You could have any number of reasons for doing it. The point is, YOU DID IT. Apophasis: " a rhetorical device where the speaker introduces a subject by saying that it should not be brought up, or even denying that they are even speaking about it."

I could spend the rest of this post talking about how idiotic and dense you are, but I won't do that because this really isn't the time to be focusing on the negative aspects like that.

See? Now I did it to you. To help you out.
Quote:
Old 11-17-2018, 07:10 PM   #47
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Never got into comics or super hero movies, but I did like his movie "Do the right thing". Seems like he has a lot of fans. Sorry for everyone's loss.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:04 PM   #48
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Never got into comics or super hero movies, but I did like his movie "Do the right thing". Seems like he has a lot of fans. Sorry for everyone's loss.
The best thing Spike Lee ever did was get shut up while he watched Reggie Miller score 8 points in 11 seconds to beat the Knicks.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:40 PM   #49
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
Spike Lee the racist has fans? Could have fooled me.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:08 AM   #50
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Your intention is immaterial. You could have any number of reasons for doing it. The point is, YOU DID IT.
My intention is about as immaterial as the context of the statement...in that it's not immaterial at all. As with most statements, you need to look at the conversation to understand why it was said and what it means.

Without context, you'd be right. With context, I was helping to point out how you're kind of a piece of shit who is all for bashing one dead guy, but will fawn over another for reasons that are ultimately misguided.

Or, you can just keep believing what you want to believe. You're locked in on your version of what is "correct" and nothing anyone says will ever change that.

Quote:
Apophasis: " a rhetorical device where the speaker introduces a subject by saying that it should not be brought up, or even denying that they are even speaking about it."
Yes. We know you learned a new word this week. At least you're putting your Word-a-Day calendar to good use.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:20 AM   #51
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
My intention is about as immaterial as the context of the statement. Without context, you'd be right.
You are the living embodiment of apophasis in this thread. You introduced a subject by saying it shouldn't be brought up, and subsequently have continually denied the obvious reality of your having done so.

You're either a liar or very ignorant and too stubborn to receive information that corrects you.

Quote:
you're kind of a piece of shit who is all for bashing one dead guy, but will fawn over another.
Ad hominem! Feel better? Prince is still a dead druggie.

Quote:
We know you learned a new word this week.
Projection becomes you.

Deny it again, please. The embodiment of the term is you.
Quote:
Old 11-18-2018, 07:03 AM   #52
Wizzkidd
Evil Dead

My summation of this thread: "Some muthafuckas are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Can you tards take this to a different thread? This should be solely about honoring a passed legend. I'd say this to you in person, because you all are awesome. But even awesome people aren't perfect.

Go Against the Flow.
Wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #53
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

It's like watching NPCs talk to each other.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:45 AM   #54
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

This isn't one of Remy's best, but it fits here.

vallor is offline   Reply With Quote