Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 08:27 PM
2,915 Replies, 393,334 Views

Old 03-09-2018, 01:50 PM   #21
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
DZ is impossible to survive in for more than 30 minutes if you arenít grouped up or are lucky enough to find someone who doesn't want to kill you and pillage your corpse.

I waited to play DZ until I had finished the entire story, which was a mistake. I suggest playing DZ right from the beginning.
That's not entirely true. I ran from the south east entrance a couple way up north a couple nights ago and was able to avoid any rogues. Which was interesting because there definitely were people fighting each other. I could hear them a block away and the death messages kept rolling. Just stayed a block ahead of em and managed ok. Loot was junk tho.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #22
LostToys
Evil Dead

I do not really play games that have no permanence, so the Dark Zone was one of those things that stopped me from playing early on and then never bothered going back to once they made the PVE more interesting. The Dark Zone would have been more interesting, for someone like me, if it was treated more like a high-end Raid than a PVE/PVP realm.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:02 PM   #23
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

The DZ was the worst part of the game. When that was one of the only ways to really get good stuff I stopped playing.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:47 AM   #24
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

The reason why my friends and I left because they just made the enemies bullet sponges. Their version of harder was just make them take more bullets. Not fun.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:34 PM   #25
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post

Me and Emabulator got in a bunch of great co-op games of The Division until we ran out of content and you all know the Dark Zone was a joke, it was just an area for people to grief other players.

I'm not sure they will fix these problems, because as I said above, they have had a year to fix this stuff and haven't bothered.

We still had a good time with the game, so I can see myself buying the sequel.
They changed it so the DZ really isn't relevant to end game now. They also added normal PvP style matches. Though even when it was relevant i used to farm it solo alot. Primarily because i never stayed in the bottom 3 zones. Used to farm the tunnels under the central extraction site. then head up north to one of the parking garages to extract.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #26
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
The Division is fun for what it is, and it's definitely not realistic due to the enemy bullet sponges. You can even choose a difficulty level at the end, which I really like.

I do have one major issue with it.

The Survival mode in the second expansion is the most popular mode from what I understand. I thought it sounded fun too, and I was really looking forward to it. I saved it until I got through the entire story. And then...

I'm not a PVP'er so I mostly do PVE. Remember the old PVE MMO's? Everquest for example? Where people could swoop in and take your kill/loot at the last second? Well, apparently the devs thought that was so much fun, they brought it back for this mode! I was playing with a couple of friends and, after a marathon fight, we barely got down a yellow bar boss--only to have some jack-hole appear out of nowhere and scoop up the loot. One of the guys I was with who plays this mode a lot said that happens all the time.

Granted the loot in Survival mode is temporary and vanishes when you exit, but you still get the full experience of working hard for something only to have it stolen away at the end.

Fun?
Yeah. Usually only have problems right after you drop in to the map. But I don't typically run straight to known enemy spots to try and get gear. That's a magnet for getting killed and/or not getting any loot. I focus on getting materials for crafting and cold weather gear. Getting Pulse quickly can save you a lot of heartache when it comes to running into enemies. And being able to stay in the weather longer let's you get more time searching. Usually when i complete a run I get around 11 crates of gear.

That's where my real complaint comes in managing gear. 120 slots on my character, 150 slots in my stash and im still nearly out of room. Because I'm saving different weapons to experiment with, 14 gear sets with 6 pieces each, plus keeping mods on hand for specific builds.

Bullet sponges for typical FPS games yes. Not really for RPG's.

Tags
the division 2