Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:14 AM
1 Replies, 93 Views

Old 08-06-2019, 09:56 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Gears 5 Limited Edition Xbox One X Console Available for Preorder

Quote:
With Early Access beginning a month from today you don’t have long to wait to get your hands on the biggest Gears ever. To celebrate, we’re excited to announce a suite of custom Gears 5 hardware, including a stunning Limited Edition Xbox One X console and controller; a headset, wireless keyboard and mouse from Razer (for console and PC); and external hard drives from Seagate.

Featuring the Omen submerged in ice and snow, the Xbox One X Gears 5 Limited Edition Bundle ($499) – the first Limited Edition Xbox One X since the Project Scorpio Edition – is designed by The Coalition and the Xbox Industrial Design Team. Available for preorder today at participating retailers worldwide, including Microsoft Store, the Xbox One X Gears 5 Limited Edition console features a never-before-seen dark translucent casing and laser-etched cracks across the console’s icy top surface, with snow drifting across a golden Locust symbol on the back.

This bundle features the limited edition Xbox One X, the Xbox Wireless Controller – Gears 5 Kait Diaz Limited Edition, a full-game download of Gears 5 Ultimate Edition, a full-game download of Gears of War Ultimate Edition, full-game downloads of Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3, and Gears of War 4 (note that Gears 5 and Gears of War 4 are both Xbox Play Anywhere titles, meaning they are yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC), and 1-month memberships to Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold along with in-game Ice Kait and the Ice Jack Character Skins. With 40 percent more power than any other console, a library of thousands of games and true 4K gaming, games play better and are more immersive on Xbox One X.

Beyond the ominous Omen insignia of the Xbox One X Gears 5 Limited Edition, the standard edition Xbox One X Gears 5 Bundle ($499) and the Xbox One S Gears 5 Bundle ($299) are also now available for preorder.
news.xbox.com
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:46 PM   #2
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

that does look pretty sweet!
Old 08-06-2019, 04:01 PM   #3
Terran
Evil Dead

That's some sharp looking design there! I love the controller in particular.

Still, I can't help but feel many of these series such as Gears and CoD have just long since lost my attention (cash). Something new is needed. Something unique, creative. #5 ain't it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:01 PM   #4
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Gears of war cucked edition.

I've been a hardcore gears fan... And I'm open to being proved wrong, but seeing as how this entire games trailer is about the girl friend disobeying orders to follow her feelings, and Marcus being ok with that.... I taste snake oil
ministryofwrath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:16 AM   #5
Juan
Evil Dead

Looks proper woke.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:41 AM   #6
Chief Smash
Subscriber

It looks cool but it feels like a waste. I used to love the series but it really couldn't be any more off the radar for me now. I'm not mad that they made any changes here or there. I just don't care.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:13 AM   #7
NESter the Unlikely
Subscriber

Imagine actually buying an Xbun. A Gears of Woke Xbun no less.
NESter the Unlikely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:28 AM   #8
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Looks alright, but unless you're a collector I don't see the point of spending $499 on a dead console, with the next Xbox a little over a year away.
Sensei-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:30 PM   #9
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

I preordered the Limited One X bundle. I'll likely sell my standard One X console and the game code that this comes with, because I have no interest in this series... All I want is that console and controller.

Also, there are so many triggered "alpha males" in this thread; It's fucking hilarious. Calm down, boys, no one is trying to neuter you. Why not get upset about something a little more important than these 3rd wave feminists. You getting upset like this just gives them power, just roll your eyes and move along.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:38 PM   #10
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
I preordered the Limited One X bundle. I'll likely sell my standard One X console and the game code that this comes with, because I have no interest in this series... All I want is that console and controller.

Also, there are so many triggered "alpha males" in this thread; It's fucking hilarious. Calm down, boys, no one is trying to neuter you. Why not get upset about something a little more important than these 3rd wave feminists. You getting upset like this just gives them power, just roll your eyes and move along.
Translation, I need to make fun of some people to make up for the fact that I like this crappy thing.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:08 PM   #11
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Yeah, not so interested in Gals of War but the console does look nice.

Not going to dump a lot of money into a rig which will be obsolete in a year or less though with Xbox whatever they end up calling Scarlett likely coming out next year.

Three strikes on this one, even if it's a damn pretty case.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:06 AM   #12
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

The console looks cool.

The game looks as good as every other Gears game. I never got the fascination with this series. I've played every game to completion, I guess assuming I was having fun, but nothing was ever memorable or great. How Cliff Blezinski got famous for this series is beyond me. All it ever was to me was a good *looking* game.

I got Xbox gamepass for free or like $1 or something until next July, so I'll get this on launch day. So I'll play it. Will I finish it like all the rest? Maybe, because the game will probably be fine, but more importantly I still enjoy achievements! Fracking Nintendo get on that shit already!

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote