Get Your Heart Racing as...
Last post by brandonjclark
Today 05:50 PM
2 Replies, 172 Views

Old 08-10-2019, 07:40 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Trump Cancels Blumhouse's Hunting License

Blumhouse & Universal Pictures has canceled the release of the Purge-style film The Hunt after the public became aware that the plot of the movie is a group of liberal elites use assault rifles to hunt a group of "deplorables".

Quote:
Universal Pictures has canceled the release of its upcoming thriller “The Hunt.” The film was previously set to hit theaters Sept. 27.

“While Universal Pictures had already paused the marketing campaign for The Hunt, after thoughtful consideration, the studio has decided to cancel our plans to release the film, ” a spokesperson for Universal said in a statement. “We stand by our filmmakers and will continue to distribute films in partnership with bold and visionary creators, like those associated with this satirical social thriller, but we understand that now is not the right time to release this film.”

Insiders tell Variety that the studio came to the decision alongside “The Hunt” filmmakers. They also said it was a tough decision for the company, but studio leadership ultimately determined that the film could wait.
Variety.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #2
Terran
Evil Dead

"“We stand by our filmmakers"

I think they meant "on" since they just threw them under the bus.

Brave, brave Hollywood...bravely ran away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:30 PM   #3
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

It's pathetic bullshit. There are so many reasons why this is bullshit that I don't know which ones to mention.

1. How about we start with the fact that IT IS FAKE ie NOT REAL.

2. How about the fact that art (movies, games, music) are protected by the 1st Amendment.

3. How about the fact that the alleged "liberal elites" are the fucking villains of the fucking film, and the alleged "deplorables" get revenge and kill them all by the end?

4. How about the same people who blamed Dungeons and Dragons in the 80's for murder. Where are they now when groups of friends play the same game?

5. How about how Wal-mart removed all violent games from their stores, but still sell guns?

6. How about people are responsible for their own actions, an quit looking for scapegoats everywhere else?

This shit really pisses me off. Everyone is so full of ignorance that it is leaking from their collective anus and negatively impacting ME. Leave movies, games, music, and all forms or art the hell alone.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:57 PM   #4
thatlukeguy
Evil Dead

Damn, kinda sucks. Was looking forward to watching this.
thatlukeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:26 PM   #5
wunshot
Subscriber

Hopefully it gets leaked. Should be finished if it was going to release so soon.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 10:03 PM   #6
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

The film did not get completely cancelled, they just decided not to release the film right now due to the recent shootings. That's fine, I do not think we should fault them for that.

I'm not really sure why conservatives are upset about this movie. We have seen this plot before, were a bunch of people are kidnapped and released for others to hunt them. Think about it. In this type of plot, isn't it the ones doing the hunting who are portrayed as the bad guys? If anything I would expect it to be liberals who are mad as being made out as monsters.

Regardless, the movie will probably get released at a later date, that is not in question. Whether that is in a theater or direct-to-video is the only question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane View Post
3. How about the fact that the alleged "liberal elites" are the fucking villains of the fucking film, and the alleged "deplorables" get revenge and kill them all by the end?
Exactly.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:25 PM   #7
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Freedom of expression has always been under attack by whichever side of the political spectrum with the excuse of hurt feel-feelz.

Obviously, this era, the Liberals are the leaders in this field, that doesn't excuse the same rhetoric coming from the opposite side.
Old 08-11-2019, 04:26 AM   #8
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Everyone calm down. They just don't want to get a bunch of backlash after the recent shootings. Give it a month and the entire country will be back to normal; everyone except those directly affected will completely forget about recent events, and continue to focus on which celebrity got a nose job.

Releasing a movie like this, following several mass shootings is kind of in poor taste. I can't really argue with the decision to hold off a while.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:27 AM   #9
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

This movie, "Ready or Not," which is about a family of "elites" hunting and killing lower class people along the way is fine, only because enough people haven't noticed or thought about it yet. I guarantee the filmmakers and everyone involved are sitting on pins and needles and already had meetings about what to do if the retard mob comes for them as well.

READY OR NOT

This is not how this country should operate. Fear and hate do not control us. But our media do not want that to be the case, because fear and hate is what gets them paid.

Go Against the Flow.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:46 PM   #10
Azzy
Cthulian

Sweet!
Now we have a TSA for movies! Maybe instead of G, PG, PG13, R, and X we should also have O, for Offensive. Then we can watch movies like fucking adults who can make our own fucking decisions.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:46 PM   #11
Nominal
Evil Dead

The owners of the film decided it's release wasn't economically feasible at the time, as is their right and in fact their outright duty to their stockholders.

what's the problem? are you guys anticapitalists or something?
Nominal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:58 PM   #12
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nominal View Post
what's the problem? are you guys anticapitalists or something?
No, no, no...we're pro...something, something, um...something.

Had another reply that was far more interesting, but realized you're not who I thought, so...bummer! Thwarted!
Quote:
Old 08-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #13
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Heh, it's nothing but a bullshit publicity stunt. It's an 18 million dollar movie directed by Craig Zobel who most people wouldn't recognize if he was sitting across the table from them. Let me know when they cancel a 200 million dollar movie, with an all-star cast and a famous director.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:12 PM   #14
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei-X View Post
Heh, it's nothing but a bullshit publicity stunt
This. 100x this.
Quote:
Old 08-14-2019, 11:36 PM   #15
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Release it AFTER Trump's 2020 win so the cry at the sky types can retreat to their fantasy world!!!!! Will be a smash hit then!!
Old 08-15-2019, 09:03 PM   #16
blackzc
Evil Dead

Oh look, a post from 2003.

Quote:
It's pathetic bullshit. There are so many reasons why this is bullshit that I don't know which ones to mention.

1. How about we start with the fact that IT IS FAKE ie NOT REAL.
Movies are fake, news at 11.

Quote:
2. How about the fact that art (movies, games, music) are protected by the 1st Amendment.
See, when the damage on our society this free market, everything goes, culture of media has been has been fully realized, America, or whatever is left of it will bring back decency laws and this shit will be a non issue. Fuck your first amendment. It doesn't exist. Never did.

Quote:
What in the fuck does that have to do with anything? The plot twist makes this all ok?

Quote:
4. How about the same people who blamed Dungeons and Dragons in the 80's for murder. Where are they now when groups of friends play the same game?
Those people are all dead and gone you numpty. It was the older set that grew up in a deeply moral and conservative time. Haha, lets laugh at them! Better yet lets lol at ourselves about how backwards we are because you know at the rate we are progressing animal sex with kids will be played on OTA TV, sounds shocking now sure, but that just because the artistically minded havent found a way to make it (art) yet

Quote:
5. How about how Wal-mart removed all violent games from their stores, but still sell guns?
We need guns for when the commies try to take over. Video games, not so much.

Quote:
6. How about people are responsible for their own actions, an quit looking for scapegoats everywhere else?
How about you have just a bit of social obligation you moraless libertarian fuck?

Quote:
This shit really pisses me off. Everyone is so full of ignorance that it is leaking from their collective anus and negatively impacting ME. Leave movies, games, music, and all forms or art the hell alone.
Give em hell kid!
Old 08-16-2019, 05:32 AM   #17
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Oh look, a post from 2003.

We need guns for when the commies try to take over. Video games, not so much.

How about you have just a bit of social obligation you moraless libertarian fuck?

Give em hell kid!
I own several guns and am possibly the biggest 2nd amendment supporter here. You know nothing. We need guns for far more than what you listed.

The 1st amendment is as important as the 2nd, if not more so. See: history.

From what you've written, you missed your utopia living in East Berlin in the 60's and 70's. People are responsible for their own actions. Full stop. That's the end of the conversation, anything else is fiction mixed with a bit of religion and personal opinions.

Everything I said I stand for 100%, except it appears the Wal-mart stuff was overblown and relegated to individual stores, not all of them. I have no problem pointing out times when I am wrong. It only makes me stronger and more reliable.

Give me hell, bud!

Go Against the Flow.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:36 AM   #18
blackzc
Evil Dead

Quote:
I own several guns and am possibly the biggest 2nd amendment supporter here. You know nothing. We need guns for far more than what you listed.

The 1st amendment is as important as the 2nd, if not more so. See: history.

From what you've written, you missed your utopia living in East Berlin in the 60's and 70's. People are responsible for their own actions. Full stop. That's the end of the conversation, anything else is fiction mixed with a bit of religion and personal opinions.

Everything I said I stand for 100%, except it appears the Wal-mart stuff was overblown and relegated to individual stores, not all of them. I have no problem pointing out times when I am wrong. It only makes me stronger and more reliable.

Give me hell, bud!
My commie comment was in jest, we need to guns to protect ourselves from dangerous minorities.

You have bought into the libertarian memes, no social responsibility, no obligation to your countryman. To you, america is a collection of atomized individuals, no culture or shared values, and america is simply a center of commerce. Its disgusting.

The Neighborhood your family spent generations in is now a crime ridden 3rd world hole? Move?

Hate your job? Quit.

Hate that your county isn't recognizable anymore? Leave. ect ect.

Your a chicken shit, scared to deal with anything, so you use neo con/libertarian tropes to deflect. You think a safe full of guns simply existing is enough to protect you. Problem is if people like you set the tone for the next 100 years everything will continue to degrade into Brazil. At least i have my guns!! LOL KK.

Guns are good, don't get me wrong. But its simply dick waving with no real solutions to anything.

By the way, america is NOT a free country. A black man cant even open up a blacks only restaurant. Not even close to free...
Old 08-16-2019, 08:51 AM   #19
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post

You have bought into the libertarian memes, no social responsibility, no obligation to your countryman. To you, america is a collection of atomized individuals, no culture or shared values, and america is simply a center of commerce. Its disgusting.
I sort of like this line. Where the fuck is the solidarity at? Everyone just wants to talk about losing $80 dollars a year to "welfare". Take my 80 bucks a year and eat. Even if you're lazy. All humans have to eat. Daily. Fuck, who cares. My family worked like machines their whole lives until their bodies broke down because they thought all that hard work would get them somewhere. Ooops. They're still at it, working for a system that threw them overboard 50 fuckin' years ago. Guess working insanely hard wasn't enough for them. Wonder if they got their boot straps mixed up when hiking them up. NOW let's get down to brass tacks. The working low-mid class is getting fucked in the ass. And it aint that little fraction of "welfare" tax doing it. It's much larger than that. Can we get over censoring each other (comes from hating the other "team") and start sending a message to our state, local, and federal government that we're not going to get @#%@^ in the ass any longer? That can be the shared value. That should be shared value #1 IMO. They're not bigger or better then us. They're public servants. Even if they like to dress up in fancy suits and play charades.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:26 AM   #20
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
I sort of like this line. Where the fuck is the solidarity at? Everyone just wants to talk about losing $80 dollars a year to "welfare". Take my 80 bucks a year and eat. Even if you're lazy. All humans have to eat. Daily. Fuck, who cares. My family worked like machines their whole lives until their bodies broke down because they thought all that hard work would get them somewhere. Ooops. They're still at it, working for a system that threw them overboard 50 fuckin' years ago. Guess working insanely hard wasn't enough for them. Wonder if they got their boot straps mixed up when hiking them up. NOW let's get down to brass tacks. The working low-mid class is getting fucked in the ass. And it aint that little fraction of "welfare" tax doing it. It's much larger than that. Can we get over censoring each other (comes from hating the other "team") and start sending a message to our state, local, and federal government that we're not going to get @#%@^ in the ass any longer? That can be the shared value. That should be shared value #1 IMO. They're not bigger or better then us. They're public servants. Even if they like to dress up in fancy suits and play charades.
Actually it is welfare, it's also politicians selling out America and Americans, it's also Globalists many of them left and right wing trying so desperately to push for a single world government where they call the shots. There in lies the issue.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the hunt