Today 01:07 PM
3 Replies, 2,051 Views
» Promotion

Old 12-29-2016, 11:38 PM   #41
Zombosis
Soul Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Patently incorrect. I'm no Trump fan, but (bla bla bla)
NOT patently incorrect.
You do realize that the Tyranny of the Left and the rise of the SJW is, as I've already pointed out, an ideology, and that it transcends the United States of America, right?
Trump will not be able to do a damn thing to stem the tide of censorship washing over the world in the name of "political correctness".
Old 12-29-2016, 11:52 PM   #42
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombosis View Post
NOT patently incorrect.
You do realize that the Tyranny of the Left and the rise of the SJW is, as I've already pointed out, an ideology, and that it transcends the United States of America, right?
Trump will not be able to do a damn thing to stem the tide of censorship washing over the world in the name of "political correctness".
This is just common sense. People who voted for Trump thinking that a fat orange man sitting in the oval office is going to silence the blogs, social networks, etc. that promote the ideology they hate so much without direct facism are too stupid for words.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:52 AM   #43
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombosis View Post
NOT patently incorrect.
Yes, you are patently incorrect.

Ideologies and beliefs are not static. The implementation of political power can indeed drag populations in directions they would otherwise NOT have gone, as evidenced by the progressive imposition of gay marriage (through Obama, SCOTUS, federal courts) when it had lost EVERWHERE it was put to a popular vote until a lone few successes.

You think society is static in terms of ideology in the face of the use of political power? You're not only a fool for being, in your words, a "progressive," you're also a fool for failing to recognize the central tool in progressives' arsenal for imposing their will...government.

It's going to be a fun four to eight years. Why? Because the tools you've spent a decade building up to ram your way down the throats of Americans are going to be used AGAINST YOU now, and THAT is why the left is going apeshit insane. They know what they wanted to do and have done to ordinary everyday Americans, and now expect no less done to them. On the happy side for them, that doesn't include the laundry list of constitutional violations that have been part and parcel of progressive ideology, but they won't like it all the same, lol.

Elections have consequences. Real world consequences. Trump is an idiot, but the cast of characters he is surrounding himself with will make progressives lives a living hell, and if you don't think the sequestering of progressive power to a few coastal states has consequences, you're a fool who might perhaps recognize it's problematic nature in 2020 when you see the cast of geriatric Dem characters up for president.

Enjoy the next four to eight years. Thanks Obama!
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 07:49 AM   #44
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:

It's going to be a fun four to eight years. Why? Because the tools you've spent a decade building up to ram your way down the throats of Americans are going to be used AGAINST YOU now, and THAT is why the left is going apeshit insane.
Haha...I've never thought about it like that before. Good point...it completely explains why my buddies in California are all crying like a bunch of whiney bitches.
wunshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:36 AM   #45
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yes, you are patently incorrect.

Ideologies and beliefs are not static. The implementation of political power can indeed drag populations in directions they would otherwise NOT have gone, as evidenced by the progressive imposition of gay marriage (through Obama, SCOTUS, federal courts) when it had lost EVERWHERE it was put to a popular vote until a lone few successes.

You think society is static in terms of ideology in the face of the use of political power? You're not only a fool for being, in your words, a "progressive," you're also a fool for failing to recognize the central tool in progressives' arsenal for imposing their will...government.

It's going to be a fun four to eight years. Why? Because the tools you've spent a decade building up to ram your way down the throats of Americans are going to be used AGAINST YOU now, and THAT is why the left is going apeshit insane. They know what they wanted to do and have done to ordinary everyday Americans, and now expect no less done to them. On the happy side for them, that doesn't include the laundry list of constitutional violations that have been part and parcel of progressive ideology, but they won't like it all the same, lol.

Elections have consequences. Real world consequences. Trump is an idiot, but the cast of characters he is surrounding himself with will make progressives lives a living hell, and if you don't think the sequestering of progressive power to a few coastal states has consequences, you're a fool who might perhaps recognize it's problematic nature in 2020 when you see the cast of geriatric Dem characters up for president.

Enjoy the next four to eight years. Thanks Obama!
You think any of this is new?

Do you remember when George Bush lied to the entire nation about there being weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? He got on television and showed a MAP as to where they were? And said that we couldn't find them because Saddam had a secret invisible train that kept moving them around the country and that every time we would look of them, he would move them someplace else?

Nearly the entire left-wing constituency of the nation BEGGED, PLEADED, and RALLIED to get Bush to not declare war on the middle east. Especially on the false pretenses they invented. The conservatives did it ANYWAY and used their total control of the house and senate to force it through.

Now, of course, in 2016 you had politicians arguing over who could distance themselves the furthest from any of that. You know, "it wasn't me", despite the fact that it was.

Their behavior is why they lost the house and the senate and why they lost the white house. Then they decided to become completely obstructionist and "the party of no". They accused the democrats of "arrogance" and "treating Obama as a king".

Yet, now when democrats are set to become "the new party of no", we ALREADY see republicans saying how that's petty, obstructionist and blah blah blah.

The bottom line is that government is inherently hypocritical and the right is not immune from it one bit. They act like babies, they whine and they cry. Then when they get an ounce of power, they wield it like baseball bat, pretend they were never whining and crying and then accuse others of that very thing.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:54 AM   #46
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Do you remember when George Bush lied to the entire nation about there being weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? He got on television and showed a MAP as to where they were? And said that we couldn't find them because Saddam had a secret invisible train that kept moving them around the country and that every time we would look of them, he would move them someplace else?
From the Leftward NYT:
The Secret Casualties of Iraqs Abandoned Chemical Weapons

C.I.A. Is Said to Have Bought and Destroyed Iraqi Chemical Weapons

Quote:
Nearly the entire left-wing constituency of the nation BEGGED, PLEADED, and RALLIED to get Bush to not declare war on the middle east. Especially on the false pretenses they invented. The conservatives did it ANYWAY and used their total control of the house and senate to force it through..
According to PEW's national polling, 72% of Americans felt the decision to use military force in Iraq was the right one in 2003. This was change over time, of course. 82 in the House voted in favor of the war with 126 voting against it. In the Senate 29 Democrats voted in favor of the war, to include then Sen. Clinton, with 21 against it. That's to say that the democrats had 50 Senate seats, with 49 Republican seats -- the Republicans needed Democrat votes to pass the resolution. When Democrats control 50 seats and Republicans control 49 (there was 1 Independent), that doesn't mean Republicans forced it through.

A minority of Democrats supported the war in the House. A majority of Democrats supported the war in the Senate. The pretenses weren't invented, with Saddam even admitting he was had plans to obtain nuclear weapons to the FBI.

Your revisionist view of what occurred is telling.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 11:06 AM   #47
Terran
Evil Dead

Hey Jaz, all your lying revisionism and whining are just icing on a delicious cake. Scoreboard, buddy. See my sig.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:19 AM   #48
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
This is just common sense. People who voted for Trump thinking that a fat orange man sitting in the oval office is going to silence the blogs, social networks, etc. that promote the ideology they hate so much without direct facism are too stupid for words.
It's not common sense since the US has this little thing called the Constitution and the first amendment, yes yes that same document you liberals hate.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:33 AM   #49
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
Haha...I've never thought about it like that before. Good point...it completely explains why my buddies in California are all crying like a bunch of whiney bitches.
Trump getting to pick 2 or even 3 Supreme Court justices alone means that the shift of this country away from the left will be sudden and permanent.

When you look at people like Ginsberg, who is already on death's door, she can't last another 8 years (and probably isn't going to try). She held onto that seat because she couldn't stand Obama's other Supreme Court picks and now she will give it up to a conservative.

It's just a delicious cup of liberal tears all around, because with those two seats in place the shift in the Supreme Court is pretty much permanent. If Trump is smart, he will appoint young healthy people to those vacant positions so they will be in there almost forever.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:15 AM   #50
AlfredT
Evil Dead

I hate the Milos.. and I hate the Wus,

But most of all,

I hate you.

Happy New Year all..

And goddamnit just shut the fuck up already and have a civil war.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:54 AM   #51
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
I would argue that the people who voted for Trump are not expecting him to silence anything, but instead prevent the blogs, social networks, etc from doing the silencing themselves.

This is a really scary time where people (mostly conservatives) are being shamed and bullied and slandered to shut them up, all in the name of "Social Justice". Maybe there was a time when SJWs had good intentions, but no longer.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:55 AM   #52
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
I would argue that the people who voted for Trump are not expecting him to silence anything, but instead prevent the blogs, social networks, etc from doing the silencing themselves.

This is a really scary time where people (mostly conservatives) are being shamed and bullied and slandered to shut them up, all in the name of "Social Justice". Maybe there was a time when SJWs had good intentions, but no longer.
I compare the "SJW" movement to the Hippie and Free Love movement of the 60s. My favorite quote from Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas is a bit where Hunter S. Thompson explains that the free love culture and the drug culture was perpetuated by young people who really, passionately felt like drugs and sex were the end of war. They had seen their parents generation screw up and wind up with nothing to show for it but debt and destruction and they thought that they had found the way out. They felt emboldened by the idea that the were fighting against the "old" ideas and "evil" institutions. But in just a few years they found the reality that the free love relationships left people hurting, confused, or shifting back into the traditional relationships they rejected. The drug movement left people burned out, hurting or dead. The only people who made it out alive from the movement were the people who retreated into the very thing they were rebelling against.

The problems that the Hippie and Free Love movements were born to address were valid. But they didn't have the answers.
Old 12-31-2016, 03:00 PM   #53
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I compare the "SJW" movement to the Hippie and Free Love movement of the 60s. My favorite quote from Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas is a bit where Hunter S. Thompson explains that the free love culture and the drug culture was perpetuated by young people who really, passionately felt like drugs and sex were the end of war. They had seen their parents generation screw up and wind up with nothing to show for it but debt and destruction and they thought that they had found the way out. They felt emboldened by the idea that the were fighting against the "old" ideas and "evil" institutions. But in just a few years they found the reality that the free love relationships left people hurting, confused, or shifting back into the traditional relationships they rejected. The drug movement left people burned out, hurting or dead. The only people who made it out alive from the movement were the people who retreated into the very thing they were rebelling against.

The problems that the Hippie and Free Love movements were born to address were valid. But they didn't have the answers.
Really? Because I really don't remember the Hippies trying to censor view points they didn't subscribe to, SJW's do. I don't remember hippy college kids demanding safe spaces and to be protected by any speech they don't like, or any group they don't like.

It's amazing the warped view you're spewing here, you even go to suggest the "Hippy movement" was somehow valid, fighting that big unjust government, you know, that same government that SJW's advocate for to grow bigger, that same government the SJW's would like to utilize to shut down anything they don't like.

Bottom line? Hippies were not like SJW's, not even close.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:17 PM   #54
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Really? Because I really don't remember the Hippies trying to censor view points they didn't subscribe to, SJW's do. I don't remember hippy college kids demanding safe spaces and to be protected by any speech they don't like, or any group they don't like.

It's amazing the warped view you're spewing here, you even go to suggest the "Hippy movement" was somehow valid, fighting that big unjust government, you know, that same government that SJW's advocate for to grow bigger, that same government the SJW's would like to utilize to shut down anything they don't like.

Bottom line? Hippies were not like SJW's, not even close.
HOLY CRAP are you an idiot. You are like, one of the most mentally deficient people I've ever had the displeasure of conversing with. The only positive thing about reading your stupidity is that it consistently serves to undermine your politics and your worldview.

I mean... holy cow. Take a giant step out of your own stupid head for a second and try to follow what I'm about to say:

Two things that share similarities do not have to be the same.

"Durrrrr... the hippies didn't do x so they're not the same!!!"

That's not AT ALL how ANY OF THIS works.

The analogy I'm putting forth (look up the term analogy) is in one group of people who believed that their ideology would fix a problem and another group of people who feels like their ideology will fix a problem. The first group came to find out, with time, that their ideology will not fix the problem. I predict that the second group will also, like the first group, come to find the their ideology will not fix the problem.

The "hippie movement" WASN'T valid? Are you saying pollution wasn't a problem? Are you saying broken families weren't a problem? Are you saying racism and sexism weren't problems?
Old 12-31-2016, 05:55 PM   #55
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I compare the "SJW" movement to the Hippie and Free Love movement of the 60s.
That's because you're either dumb or intentionally ignoring/obfuscating the fascist foundations of progressive social justice warriors. A Venn diagram of the two movements you're comparing would have an area of overlap on the order of the period at the end of this sentence, with divergent areas on the order of the Milky Way.

Venn diagram. Look it up.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:09 PM   #56
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:15 PM   #57
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
That's because you're either dumb or intentionally ignoring/obfuscating the fascist foundations of progressive social justice warriors. A Venn diagram of the two movements you're comparing would have an area of overlap on the order of the period at the end of this sentence, with divergent areas on the order of the Milky Way.

Venn diagram. Look it up.
Are you seriously saying that an analogy and a Ben diagram have anything to do with one another?

Are you seriously saying this?

Oh my gosh. The only thing that makes this bareable is that other people on this board see you guys for being as stupid as you are.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:45 PM   #58
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Are you seriously saying that an analogy and a Ben diagram have anything to do with one another?
Analogy: "a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based:"

Venn diagram: a diagram that uses circles to represent sets and their relationships.

A venn diagram is a means for visual comparison of the relationship between different things: data sets, objects, things, groups, etc.. It is for all intents and purposes a visual analogy. Here are some examples.

As we head into the New Year, I just want you to know: You are a moron.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:10 PM   #59
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Analogy: "a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based:"

Venn diagram: a diagram that uses circles to represent sets and their relationships.

A venn diagram is a means for visual comparison of the relationship between different things: data sets, objects, things, groups, etc.. It is for all intents and purposes a visual analogy. Here are some examples.

As we head into the New Year, I just want you to know: You are a moron.
You hang yourself in your own post.

I'm saying " I love you like a bee loves honey" and you're coming back at me with " dur.... you're a human not a bee!"
Old 12-31-2016, 09:56 PM   #60
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Welcome to 2017. Dear 2016, please don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Man, new years sucks here. Too many illegals shooting off fireworks in Phoenix.

Tags
sjw, snow flakes