Antlers Trailer -...
Last post by MadMurdock_0311
Yesterday 12:26 PM
6 Replies, 494 Views

Old 04-18-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
Jetherik
Editor in Chief

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

Happy Easter! Have a good Passover! What are you playing this weekend?
Old 04-18-2019, 12:52 PM   #2
CthulhuFan
Subscriber

Moar Grim Dawn as always. I have a great new face smash build that isn't 'spin to win' that I am enjoying.

Plus, retro fun, getting this shit sorted out. By sorted I mean finding compatible arcade ROM sets (0.78) that work with PI hardware/emulationstation.

Anyway, dicking around with this shit is always fun.

Hope you all have fun w/your weekend.
CthulhuFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:28 PM   #3
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Love emulation and went deep into that rabbit hole a couple years back. Get your rig hooked up to a big screen 4K tv through hdmi or steamlink for the complete experience.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:55 PM   #4
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

I went to the local Gamestop for the first time in a couple of years to pick up the latest issue of Game Informer, because it has Mortal Kombat 11 on the cover. Ended up pre-ordering it for a 3rd time, this time on PS4, because they're giving away a bunch of cool MK swag Monday at the launch event. I can't resist MK memorobilia.

Until then, I'll still be playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Injustice 2, and PUBG.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:55 PM   #5
CthulhuFan
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Love emulation and went deep into that rabbit hole a couple years back. Get your rig hooked up to a big screen 4K tv through hdmi or steamlink for the complete experience.
Oh, fuckin' A right, I'm just dorking around right now figuring out controllers (sanwa, seimitsu, il, etc)... End goal is building a platform with arcade controls that patches in to the home theater ...
Old 04-19-2019, 02:39 PM   #6
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Probably AC Odyssey and Dangerous Driving.
Hopefully some Tomb Raider and SpiderMan too... or my latest obsession Operencia.
Might try Sekiro again to see if I just want to sell the damn thing (too hard.)
Old 04-20-2019, 05:58 AM   #7
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CthulhuFan View Post
Moar Grim Dawn as always. I have a great new face smash build that isn't 'spin to win' that I am enjoying.

Plus, retro fun, getting this shit sorted out. By sorted I mean finding compatible arcade ROM sets (0.78) that work with PI hardware/emulationstation.

Anyway, dicking around with this shit is always fun.

Hope you all have fun w/your weekend.
I'm a huge emulation fan too. I've been playing with them for over 20 years now. The Pi is a ton of fun too.

I love your "End The Fed" sticker!
Old 04-20-2019, 06:12 AM   #8
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Nintendo Switch
  • Breath of the Wild
Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
  • Outrun
  • Thunder Force III
TG-16/PC Engine
  • Cotton - Fantastic Night Dreams
  • Download 2
  • Kiaidan 00
Old 04-20-2019, 09:12 AM   #9
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

If you're into classic Sonic games I can't recommend Sonic 3 AIR highly enough. The entirety of Sonic 3 and Knuckles was ported or remade to a more modern engine similar to Sonic Mania. That means widescreen support, smoother animation, cleaner audio, optional gameplay enhancements, etc.. Officially you need to buy Sonic 3 and Knuckles on Steam to play. Unofficially you can use a ROM file (google sonic3knuckles.zip) and it will work fine.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:07 AM   #10
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
If you're into classic Sonic games I can't recommend Sonic 3 AIR highly enough. The entirety of Sonic 3 and Knuckles was ported or remade to a more modern engine similar to Sonic Mania. That means widescreen support, smoother animation, cleaner audio, optional gameplay enhancements, etc.. Officially you need to buy Sonic 3 and Knuckles on Steam to play. Unofficially you can use a ROM file (google sonic3knuckles.zip) and it will work fine.
Right on! Thanks for the info. I didn't know about this one.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:25 AM   #11
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Division 2, MLB The Show 18, maybe some NHL 19 since my Bruins will likely get bounced out of the playoffs Sunday.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 11:19 AM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I think this weekend I’m going to head back and do some Dead Space 3. I know I was pretty far in the game, might be nice to finish it up.

After that, probably either Spider-Man and/or Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:43 PM   #13
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Ha, it's been so long since I've played I don't remember how to use Stasis or my psychic abilities. Going to be a bit of a learning curve here to get back into it for sure.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:08 PM   #14
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

I have been playing Gran Turismo Sport for much of the day.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:48 AM   #15
Skunk
Evil Dead

Got a bunch of Marauder II variants in MWO for pre-ordering MW5 so I've been doing some stompy robot hijinks there. I'm so far pleasantly surprised with them.

Just saw the CoH private server post though, so I might be distracted with that now.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:24 AM   #16
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Chapter 15! I got the rocket launcher and except for hitting myself in the face with the splashback, it's pretty awesome. These are the three games they should have remastered.

I can't believe that EA gave up on this franchise. I understand the last one didn't sell that great, but when you think about what could be done with the current gen systems, it is crying for another Dead Space game.

If you get a chance, check out the Nameless comic book. It is like a Dead Space comic book and you can get the hardcover for like $5 on Amazon.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:34 PM   #17
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Completed Sonic 3 AIR (Sonic 3 and Knuckles port) and damn what a perfectly executed project. I noticed a lot of very subtle changes to gameplay that makes levels like the Flying Battery Zone less of a chore. Simple things like how you interact with those spinning horizontal cheese grater tubes. Also giving Tails the ability to drop in mid flight was brilliant. There's so much good stuff here I wouldn't object for a minute if Sega picks them up and sells it.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:09 PM   #18
CthulhuFan
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
I'm a huge emulation fan too. I've been playing with them for over 20 years now. The Pi is a ton of fun too.

I love your "End The Fed" sticker!
Heh, yeah, nobody coming down to my workbench area has any questions about my political leanings typically

The Pi has been a lot of fun to experiment with but I'm getting to the point where I may split it off and run it as a dedicated console emulator and actually build a separate box for the arcade stuff.

I have a full MAME 206b set that I'd like to use instead of the 0.78 and I really like Launch Box as a front end with it's box/cabinet arts and technical descriptions etc. I may just end up building a Mini-ATX Ryzen SOC rig with an M.2 NVME 'disk'. Plus, I kind of want to get anal about setting up controls with 4 or 8 way restrictors and 1-4 player inputs etc. Don't know, still playing; just thinking that maybe the Pi isn't what I want for my actual arcade needs. Still fun experimenting though
Old 04-22-2019, 04:06 PM   #19
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CthulhuFan View Post
Heh, yeah, nobody coming down to my workbench area has any questions about my political leanings typically

The Pi has been a lot of fun to experiment with but I'm getting to the point where I may split it off and run it as a dedicated console emulator and actually build a separate box for the arcade stuff.

I have a full MAME 206b set that I'd like to use instead of the 0.78 and I really like Launch Box as a front end with it's box/cabinet arts and technical descriptions etc. I may just end up building a Mini-ATX Ryzen SOC rig with an M.2 NVME 'disk'. Plus, I kind of want to get anal about setting up controls with 4 or 8 way restrictors and 1-4 player inputs etc. Don't know, still playing; just thinking that maybe the Pi isn't what I want for my actual arcade needs. Still fun experimenting though
I think the Pi is great for 8 and 16 bit consoles, early handhelds, and some early arcade games. I use my PC for most modern arcade games, and PSX, PSX2, Dreamcast, Game Cube, ect...

I too have been toying with the idea of building a Mini-ATX.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:42 AM   #20
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

PiCade!