48 Replies, 1,613 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by PacerDawn
Yesterday 11:47 AM
171 Replies, 55,162 Views

Old 11-03-2019, 06:25 AM   #1
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

It's Sunday: What NFL Games Are You Watching?

Week 9
It's the Vikings/Chiefs game for me today.

What game(s) will you be watching?
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:24 PM   #2
TheHulk
Evil Dead

Rams on bye and had to work so just watching the Sunday night game.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:27 PM   #3
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Had to turn off the Packer game. Just disgusting.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:43 AM   #4
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

The Seahawks are 7-2. One of the best records in the NFL. Why must they play up to or down to whoever their opponent is each week? The Bucs came in at 2-5, their QB was tied for throwing the most interceptions this season, yet they march up and down the field and it took going to overtime for the Seahawks to win. They are putting me on the cusp of a heart attack each week!

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:23 AM   #5
Terran
Evil Dead

Used to love the NFL. They killed my interest. I no longer watch nor do I even want to. In fact, most professional sports are dead to me (I root for Army's teams). They're just a bunch of highly paid prostitutes, lol.

Except that Suzuki guy, I like him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:17 AM   #6
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Used to love the NFL. They killed my interest. I no longer watch nor do I even want to. In fact, most professional sports are dead to me (I root for Army's teams). They're just a bunch of highly paid prostitutes, lol.

Except that Suzuki guy, I like him.
I hear you, really. During the kneeling crap I was seriously pissed off and I am glad that certain players are getting what they deserve. If you are paying attention, some of the most visible players doing that are either not even able to get on a team or are continually getting cut from teams and moving around aimlessly. Team management are typically pretty smart, and play the long game.

But I will never be able to erase the decades of pride and shame, hope and pain that my Seattle teams have given me. I have always felt like my teams represent ME to the rest of the country, in a way. As far as sports goes. I am an Army vet, I know that some of these players are ignorant assholes, but so are people everywhere. I can be disappointed in specific people, but not the team as a whole. Paul Allen (RIP) never knelt or said anything bad. Russell Wilson never did any of that. After the win on Sunday they showed him in a circle of players, from both teams, kneeling and praying. I am not religious but that still shows me a level of maturity, honor, and just plain likeability.

I'll never blame you or anyone for liking/not liking anything. We all have our own roads to trek. But Seattle, as crappy as parts of it can be, is where I was born, and some things transcend time and people. Fortunately, sports teams do! hahaha

It's funny to say yet also true. Also Kurt Suzuki was the catcher of the Oakland A's for a long time, and I used to think it was cool that he was the catcher, while my boy Ichiro Suzuki was up to bat. Kurt was awesome at the White House. All he said was "I love you all." Hahahaha that cracked me up!

Go Against the Flow.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:30 AM   #7
Chief Smash
Subscriber

I started drifting away from the NFL long before the kneeling fiasco. And the kneeling did matter to me but it was more of a straw that broke the camel's back. My distaste really started with the vague rules that seem like they're just meant to keep games artificially close. It was the way that the sports media whips the crowds up into a frenzy. "Don't we all just hate that Tom Brady everyone? He's a cheater! Don't pay attention to the fact that every other QB does pretty much the same thing." "Look at Aaron Rodgers! Hey Favre fans, it looks like Rodgers is even better! Hey Rodgers fans, look, Favre is now playing for the hated Vikings! Don't you just hate him now?" "Hey Christians! How about this Tim Tebow? Maybe he'll make your team! Quick, buy some of his jerseys!" And of course this isn't unique to the NFL. All pro sports leagues do this stuff to some degree.

Now I realize that this rant might be coming off a little unhinged. But somewhere along the way, the John Madden/Pat Summerall games gave way to these artificial feeling cult of personality displays. I do love the game of football. I just don't like the NFL and I miss liking it.

* Full disclosure, I do dislike Aaron Rodgers. I loved Favre. And I grew up a Giants fan.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #8
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

My patriots were destroyed Sunday night... Against a very good team.. much respect!

The good thing is that there is a bye and they have time to learn from their mistakes and to get more reps to Sanu and Harry
NACIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:54 PM   #9
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

It was great watching Dallas sweep the Giants yet again; it started out pretty dicey, but the Cowboys built up a ton of steam and never up.

The way they played against Philly and New York is the way they should always be playing. Their three game losing streak is still baffling, given the team they're fielding this year.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:37 PM   #10
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
It was great watching Dallas sweep the Giants yet again; it started out pretty dicey, but the Cowboys built up a ton of steam and never up.

The way they played against Philly and New York is the way they should always be playing. Their three game losing streak is still baffling, given the team they're fielding this year.
It is no surprise at all that you are a Cowboys fan. I'll just leave it at that.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:29 PM   #11
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
It is no surprise at all that you are a Cowboys fan. I'll just leave it at that.
I have been for around 30 years. I'll just leave it at that.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:58 AM   #12
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I have been for around 30 years. I'll just leave it at that.
That actually fits my expectations completely and doesn't make it any better. I'll just leave it at that.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:37 AM   #13
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
That actually fits my expectations completely and doesn't make it any better. I'll just leave it at that.
lol, you nerds.

Could be worse. My Broncos are shit-show this year.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:48 AM   #14
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
lol, you nerds.

Could be worse. My Broncos are shit-show this year.
YOU NERDZ.

Seahawks are all that anyone should care about. The 49ers are the last undefeated team. We should all be rooting for the Seahawks to end that on Monday, unless you are rooting for the first undefeated team since the 1972 Dolphins.

Go Against the Flow.

Tags
gameday, nfl