3 Replies, 1,765 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by PacerDawn
Yesterday 11:47 AM
171 Replies, 55,182 Views

Old 11-04-2019, 09:11 AM   #2
Booda
Beam another Blast

I'm actually looking forward to Death Stranding arriving on 11/8. I don't think I've watched or read anything about the game since the reveal trailer back in 2016. I'm pretty much going in blind which is about as close to the feeling of Christmas morning as I'm gonna get at my age.

I'm also just kind of excited about a big release that's not considered a "live service" grind till you puke style game.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:10 AM   #3
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

I was on my way out to buy a PS4 Pro to play Death Stranding and happened to look at a few reviews (non-spoiler, of course). SPOILER TAG FOR Booda even though there aren't any story spoilers here And it isn't as pretty as one might think. Apparently the main mechanics are tedious as fuck for at least the first 10 hours and only become slightly bearable after. END SPOILER!

If even the people who would kill their mom for a small chance to be picked in a lottery to fight to the death with others in order to suck off Kojima are largely finding it less than universally awesome I figure I should slow my roll and wait for a sale.

The "This is ART, not a videogame" crowd, however, are all over it. One review called it "the most important game this decade" and others have expressed similar, if less bombastic sentiments. It's hard to see how they can be such good reviews when one even says "The game is not fun" before sticking it with a 90%.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:57 PM   #4
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

I'm currently pre-loading Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC. Debating whether or not I will be sick tomorrow.

As for Death Stranding, ehh... Kojima is weird, and I have a feeling that the game won't appeal to me. I'll hold off until the PC version hits the bargain bin.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:57 PM   #5
LostToys
Evil Dead

Hopefully my copy of Death Stranding (PS4) will ship from GameFly so I can play it now and buy it later on PC, but it is always a crap shoot with them when it comes to getting new releases.

As for the reviews, it is all subjective. I hate walking simulators and games that are just story, but I absolutely loved games like Journey/Ico and Stanley Parable. It all comes down to how it personally resonates with you, and for the medium of video-games, the best way to see if it something that you will like you will need to play it. Watching videos or hearing someone review the title may not be enough to determine if the game will be fun or entertaining to you because each person will play and experience the game differently.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 03:08 PM   #6
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

debating on if I should just play it on PS4 or wait for PC.. it's coming out early summer 2020, but Cyberpunk will be out April 2020. I know Cyberpunk is going to take up so much of my time... damn these decisions! they say it's a beautiful game(Death Stranding). I would love to see it at 4K on my PC.. walking simulator I can deal with. even boring gameplay if the mood is set right(cool visuals and sound). sometimes it just feels good to zone out and do my thing in a game so Im up for that. Take a couple puffs on some cannabis, sit back, and enjoy the ride. JESUS! YOUTUBE!! TWITCH!!! INTERNET!!!! TELL ME WHAT TO DOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:12 PM   #7
Metal Jesus
Evil Dead

Many reviewers are saying "Death Stranding finally gets good after about 10 hours"...

Nope. No thanks.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:23 PM   #8
LostToys
Evil Dead

Many reviews said that about Red Dead Redemption 2 as well. It seems like one of those games that the mechanics don't start to really "click" until you logged in a good dozen or so hours into the game. Which is fine by me.
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:52 PM   #9
TheHulk
Evil Dead

I'd pick up Death Stranding Friday if Black Friday sales weren't a few weeks away. Is this on Sony's Playstation Now maybe?
Old 11-04-2019, 11:33 PM   #10
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

I pre-ordered the new NFS because I'm a glutton for punishment.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:29 AM   #11
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

I am looking forward to Need for Speed, I always buy them hoping for the next Underground/Most Wanted/Hot Pursuit/Undercover/Carbon. There have been many great NFS games, just hasn't been one in awhile. This new one has a cool aesthetic and the videos of it look good, so here's hoping.

I watched Giant Bomb play Death Stranding for an hour and talk all about it. One guy was over 30 hours in, was saying he didn't know if he liked it but he kept playing it anyways, and the other played 10 hours and didn't think he could go back to it. Aside from their commentary, what I saw of the game did not appeal to me. It didn't look fun, you have to deliver pizza and stuff to people and one of the main mechanics is to make sure you store everything correctly in your large backpack so that things don't fall out while walking or driving across the endless expanse. There is no way I can see myself sitting here and doing that for hours.

Seems like if you can get into it, you may like it...idk just trying to stay positive here.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:25 AM   #12
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Waiting for PC, then waiting for sale.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:01 PM   #13
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostToys View Post
Many reviews said that about Red Dead Redemption 2 as well. It seems like one of those games that the mechanics don't start to really "click" until you logged in a good dozen or so hours into the game. Which is fine by me.
This is what Im comparing it too. The first few hours in RDR was a slog... beautiful slog, but it was slooow. After awhile everything clicked and it turned into one of my favorite games of this generation. Im thinking DS will be the same and Im good with that. Just dont know what to get it on!!

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:29 AM   #14
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADxMrMike View Post
This is what Im comparing it too. The first few hours in RDR was a slog... beautiful slog, but it was slooow. After awhile everything clicked and it turned into one of my favorite games of this generation. Im thinking DS will be the same and Im good with that. Just dont know what to get it on!!
Felt the same about witcher 3, I only started really digging in to it now.

It starts so painfully slow to me, and becomes better as you go.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:51 PM   #15
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Disneyland! Disneyland! Disneyland!

We hit the part this week (thus the slow news week) and had a really good time. The park was open later this year than in previous years, so I didn't end up doing any news from the hotel room like I have done before.

Star Wars land looks fantastic and the Smuggler's Run ride is a blast, but there isn't much to do there right now unless you are REALLY into spending tons of money on Star Wars junk.

It was fun to see the Star Wars characters walking around the park. We saw Captain Phasma (the costume just looks amazing in real life, better than on the screen), Kylo Ren and a lot of First Order Troopers.

We complimented the First Order Troopers for keeping the Galaxy safe and they shook our hands. LOL.

Tags
weekly release list