Last post by Scherge
Today 06:30 AM
7 Replies, 636 Views
» Promotion

Old 12-06-2017, 12:38 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Atlus Announces Dragon's Crown Pro is Coming West to PS4

Atlus has announced that their "2-D hack and slash couch co-op, beat 'em up action game from Vanillaware," Dragon's Crown Pro, is coming west to PS4 and PS4 Pro.

Quote:
It's time to bravely venture back to face the horrors of Wallace's Underground Labyrinth, battle monstrous orcs in Bilbaron Subterranean Fortress, and go on a magic carpet ride in the Mage's Tower because Dragon's Crown Pro is coming to the West in Spring 2018!

This remaster of 2013's acclaimed 2-D hack and slash couch co-op, beat 'em up action game from Vanillaware and ATLUS will be returning to the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®4 Pro in 2018 for $49.99 USD and $64.99 CAD! With updated visuals and presentation for the current-gen, hunting for treasure in the Kingdom of Hydeland has never been more rewarding.

Dragon's Crown Pro retains all the gameplay elements of the original game, including Vanillaware's gorgeous 2-D visual flair and character design, but adds current-gen upgrades.
Click on the Headline for the Press Release and Trailer.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:38 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
IRVINE, Calif. -- Dec. 6, 2017 -- It's time to bravely venture back to face the horrors of Wallace's Underground Labyrinth, battle monstrous orcs in Bilbaron Subterranean Fortress, and go on a magic carpet ride in the Mage's Tower because Dragon's Crown Pro is coming to the West in Spring 2018!

This remaster of 2013's acclaimed 2-D hack and slash couch co-op, beat 'em up action game from Vanillaware and ATLUS will be returning to the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®4 Pro in 2018 for $49.99 USD and $64.99 CAD! With updated visuals and presentation for the current-gen, hunting for treasure in the Kingdom of Hydeland has never been more rewarding.

Dragon's Crown Pro retains all the gameplay elements of the original game, including Vanillaware's gorgeous 2-D visual flair and character design, but adds current-gen upgrades.

Dragon's Crown Pro features:
  • Visuals Fit for an Ancient Dragon - With beautifully refined artwork and 4K resolution support, Vanillaware's signature art style will come alive as you bludgeon, cleave, shoot, and loot through the dungeons of Hydeland.
  • A Rousing Adventurer's Soundtrack - A newly recorded soundtrack by fabled composer Hitoshi Sakimoto, supported by a live orchestra, will accompany daring treasure hunters on their search for the Dragon's Crown.
  • Glorious Presentation - Rejoice because English and Japanese audio options will now be available! Plus, game text will be localized in French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
  • All the Royal Bells and Whistles - If you already own Dragon's Crown, your saves won't go to waste. There will be online cross-play & cross-save compatibility with existing PS3 and Vita versions. Oh, and all patches, features, and the Storyteller Voice Pack DLC from the original game will be included!
  • Four Player Frenzy - With the fun local couch co-op and online multiplayer you remember, up to four players can experience countless hours battling together.
As with the original release, Dragon's Crown Pro features groups of heroes that face dreadful challenges in the labyrinthine dungeons surrounding the medieval fantasy kingdom of Hydeland. As they explore deeper into the dungeons, non-player characters such as Samuel the Adventurer's Guild leader and Lucain, the wizard come in to play with quests and tasks to complete. Use six adventurers (Fighter, Dwarf, Amazon, Wizard, Elf, and Sorceress) and their unique abilities to unravel the story behind the ultimate treasure, the Dragon's Crown.

Dragon's Crown Pro will be available to play hands-on at PlayStation Experience 2017 in Anaheim on Dec. 9 and Dec. 10. Check out all of the improvements and witness the game in 4K glory at the ATLUS/SEGA booth (Hall B, #B210)!

Dragon's Crown Pro will be available physically and digitally on the PS4 and PS4 Pro in Spring 2018. The game will be priced at $49.99 USD / $64.99 CAD (with commensurate European pricing) and has not yet been rated by the ESRB. For more information, please visit atlus.com/dragonscrown.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #3
brandonjclark
Subscriber

brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:53 PM   #4
wunshot
Subscriber

I like big titties too, but jesus. That is straight up redunkulous.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:55 PM   #5
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

It's a breast cancer awareness thing! And don't let those trolls at Kotaku and Polygon tell you otherwise!
Old 12-06-2017, 12:59 PM   #6
Terran
Evil Dead

Makes perfect sense that her waist would be half the circumference of one of her boobs. No spinal issues here! :facepalm:

Honestly, the character design is so ridiculously stupid and insulting, I'll not be buying the title on principle alone. Sexy is great, but realistically proportional...at least within the bounds of reason for goodness' sake...is a better take than this nonsense.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:09 PM   #7
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Their remaster of Odin's Sphere was phenomenal, so this is an instabuy for me.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #8
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Makes perfect sense that her waist would be half the circumference of one of her boobs. No spinal issues here! :facepalm:

Honestly, the character design is so ridiculously stupid and insulting, I'll not be buying the title on principle alone. Sexy is great, but realistically proportional...at least within the bounds of reason for goodness' sake...is a better take than this nonsense.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:34 PM   #9
Karai Pantsu
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Their remaster of Odin's Sphere was phenomenal, so this is an instabuy for me.
Yeah, I actually 100% Odin Sphere's remaster, which is unusually tryhard for me. I loved that game, and I never got the chance to play Dragon's Crown, so this is on my list as well.
Karai Pantsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #10
ashikenshin
Subscriber

I purchased dragons crown for the vita and th ps3. I will purchase this again for the ps4
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:19 PM   #11
Exodus
Evil Dead

Oh god please just let it come to PC you bastards!
Old 12-06-2017, 05:11 PM   #12
DarkestHour00
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
I like big titties too, but jesus. That is straight up redunkulous.
You like big boobs or you like big boobs that are also nice looking? Bad nipple placement, bad nipple size, bunch of blue veins, etc can ruin some boobs. I'll take a small set of nice look tits over some big nasty looking udders.
DarkestHour00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:56 PM   #13
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

She has a big hat.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:57 PM   #14
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
This...is oddly fascinating and disturbing. One thing it is not, however, is unrealistically disproportionate.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:13 PM   #15
Meeks
Subscriber

Looks like a terrific game, sign me up!
Old 12-06-2017, 11:28 PM   #16
rubbishfoo
Evil Dead

In the words of our civil rights activitists, 2 Live Crew...

Listen up, baby, you look real pretty
Let me pull up your shirt and suck your titties
Old 12-07-2017, 12:03 AM   #17
Paranoia
Evil Dead

I have to buy this. Its a great way to tell the snowflakes to go fuck themselves.
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:01 AM   #18
paragondk1
Dread Lord

Legitimate question: Why aren't all the feminists running amok when they see games such as these, and try to sabotage them like they do other - less blatatnt - attempts to monetize men's perception of women?

Are games still too under-the-radar to be affected by all the hullabaloo unless it happens to be Bioware titles?

Or is it 'because Japan', or some other reason? I am genuinely curious. Probably not the best place to get an answer on this site, I know, but perhaps there's a new-age feminist or two lurking around to answer.
paragondk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:57 AM   #19
Scherge
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragondk1 View Post
Legitimate question: Why aren't all the feminists running amok when they see games such as these, and try to sabotage them like they do other - less blatatnt - attempts to monetize men's perception of women?
But... they are. Weren't you here for Gamergate? "Dragon's Crown" was one of the most cited examples of games that are "unhealthy" for adolescent boys and girls, and therefore shouldn't be played by anyone! Or something like that. I was too busy leveling my Dwarf to lv. 99 (and later something around 120, I think). If you really want to relive those "Golden" days of impeccable games journalism:

https://www.polygon.com/2013/7/31/45...ew-heavy-metal
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...s-crown-review
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...d-Battleaxes.2

On topic, though: Dragon's Crown was my personal Game of the Year 2013. Especially the Vita version is a fantastic experience, much improved through the use of additional touch-screen controls and capable of worldwide (!) cross-play (!!) multiplayer over 3G (!!!), which I don't think any other game has ever managed to do. I'm not yet sure whether I want to get back in with the PS4, but since all platforms are going to get this new patch, at least I could pick up right where I left, thanks to cross-save.

As for the Sorceress controversy: Yeah, her form is wildly exaggerated, but
a) she's utterly competent and not just "eye-candy",
b) she's one of the most fun characters to play due to her wacky support abilities, and
c) if you don't like her design for whatever reason, there are two more female characters to choose from.

Full disclosure: I do think that the game contains other elements and scenes that are of questionable taste, but I don't have a problem with the Sorceress's design.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:21 AM   #20
Juan
Evil Dead

It's a great game and while I love Atlus and always try to support them, I don't think this is 'double dip' good. However for those of you that have never played it, grab it.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlus, dragon's crown pro, vanillaware