The Nintendo Game Boy...
Last post by BeardedSonOfNel
Yesterday 10:48 AM
1 Replies, 345 Views

Old 04-04-2019, 08:17 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

PS5 Development Kit Leaks

A couple of images have popped up on twitter, with what the owners claim are PlayStation 5 development kits. Worth noting is the new touch screen on an updated more "Xbox" like controller.

Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:34 AM   #2
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

WiiU on putting a second screen on the controller..." DON'T DO EEET!"
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:55 AM   #3
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
WiiU on putting a second screen on the controller..." DON'T DO EEET!"
Yes. I hope these are fake. Most gamers have atleast 2 controllers. Nobody wants to drop a 100 bucks on a 2nd controller because of a tiny screen that devs will likely not do a whole lot with.

Way to go Sony your system is still a year or 2 out and I alreadly don't want one.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:36 AM   #4
evild
Lord

The screen on the controller is probably for devs ONLY. Xbox Scorpio dev kit had a screen on the actual console for frame-rate info. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...ew_dev_kit.php
Old 04-04-2019, 10:38 AM   #5
Chief Smash
Evil Dead

So.... which side are we going to be on this time? I just want to know so I can start spooling up the rage engine.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:36 AM   #6
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
So.... which side are we going to be on this time? I just want to know so I can start spooling up the rage engine.
XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually dont care. I have them all. But I mostly play on Xbox due to all of my friends are on there.

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 12:15 PM   #7
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by evild View Post
The screen on the controller is probably for devs ONLY. Xbox Scorpio dev kit had a screen on the actual console for frame-rate info. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...ew_dev_kit.php
It looks like there would be a similar displace on the PS5 dev kit (assuming, of course, this is actually legitimate). I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of screen on the controller; it's almost taking the PS4's mostly unused touch pad a step further.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:18 PM   #8
Terran
Evil Dead

Current consoles do seem to be getting long in the tooth. I have no idea how old the current gen is, and I'd rather type this post than bother to search for the info, but it seems we would be a couple of years away from a new round...maybe Christmas 2021?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 02:45 PM   #9
RAV
Reaper

I heard the shots above are fake. And that the new generation is supposed to come 2020.

*shrug*

There was this news about Google's new streaming service Stadia, and while I understand that the latency and stuff doesn't make it a real competitor to any regular platform, what we haven't sufficiently addressed here is the many new and unique features it offers, that no regular platform can. Let's say not every type of game is affected the same by latency and streaming quality, and entire new genres of games might be possible with the unique features they offer. It's really not so much about playing the normal games via stream that makes it exciting. I mean seriously, a lot of those features are quite interesting. From the upcoming consoles I expect nothing new but more power.

It's hard to say how things will pan out in near term, but I wouldn't be surprised if Google's streaming stuff ends up more popular than anything else. I don't mean that real power gamers will play their prime games on this platform given the choice, but overall more people could end up playing whatever via stream, similar to how the mobile market is the biggest gaming market. They are making it just so damn convenient and the features so interesting. No other streaming service previously compares to that anywhere near, it was all just downsides with nothing new to the table. So I am definitely curious, more curious than even about the new consoles.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 03:33 PM   #10
DeluxE
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
*shrug*

There was this news about Google's new streaming service Stadia, and while I understand that the latency and stuff doesn't make it a real competitor to any regular platform, what we haven't sufficiently addressed here is the many new and unique features it offers, that no regular platform can...

From the upcoming consoles I expect nothing new but more power.
Both Sony and Microsoft's next entries into the "platform" war will include streaming services. If you think Stadia sounds interesting, wait until E3...

It's been a long time since Xbox has been a serious contender for the gaming crown, but all indications are that we are about to witness a sea-change of sorts. Steam has become complacent, to the point where the Epic Store is starting to take a bite out of their dominance of the industry... with streaming technology and 4G poised to fundamentally change the industry, Microsoft, Google and Sony are about to begin the race for who can become the "Netflicks of games".

Of course, we will also see a major boost in visuals, as ray-tracing becomes common in the next generation, causing developers to re-think the way they've been making games for the past two generations... not to mention the amazing physics and AI breakthroughs enabled by much more capable CPUs...

2020 is going to be a watershed year for our industry, and boy oh boy, a change is gonna come.
DeluxE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:04 PM   #11
RAV
Reaper

Okay, man. sounds exciting!

I'm not sure what to make of all of this yet myself. The multi-user features giving "free multi player" so to speak is one of those things that caught my interest first. But also the runtime memory transfer to share a game state across instances. Delicious.

What makes me wonder most is how open which platform will end up being. That's where I am going. Say, if anyone can just upload their own x86 compatible program/game and have it available for other people to use via stream. What kind of hurdles or fees there will be to that

I mean damn, if this would be freely and easily available, and especially without any further technical work on the program, since the program wouldn't have to necessarily be aware of being streamed... that would open up a whole damn lot of possibilities for private devs. I would no longer have to beg the trust of others for running unsigned code on their machines, and I also would have perfect control on the hardware resources it runs on in the cloud.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:13 PM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
The same side as always, the side with all the best exclusives. Which will continue to be the PlayStation for a long time. MS isn't going to get far buying up shovelware studios.

I mean, the idea is good, they need exclusives and they need people to make them, but when you buy a bunch of studios who mostly made flops... you will mostly get flops.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:24 PM   #13
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

I'd love a game map on the controller. Nintendo screwed up because they only allowed one per system.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:38 PM   #14
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

All of the sudden, because Sony made it "cool", everyone will want a screen on a controller, even though a console did that years ago!

Hahhhhh! "Yah, well Nintendo only let you have one per console!"

ROF.

Imagine if the working class told the oligarchy to build their own houses and make their own coffee...

Useless as **** on a bull.
PatrickRes9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 06:45 PM   #15
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
All of the sudden, because Sony made it "cool", everyone will want a screen on a controller, even though a console did that years ago!

Hahhhhh! "Yah, well Nintendo only let you have one per console!"

ROF.
It's not cool, stop lying to yourself.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:55 PM   #16
Ghostblaze
Evil Dead

I wonder if Sony can finally achieve 60 FPS steady or more on games on the PS5 whenever that releases. I'm a PC gamer first and foremost, I caved and bought a PS4 pro last July. The exclusives have been fun. Just not a fan of going from a higher frame rate to a bone jarring 30 fps rate on some games. Last of us remastered ran at almost 60 FPS which was awesome. Hope the PS5 horsepower can do something to that extent.
Ghostblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:24 PM   #17
blackzc
Evil Dead

BOOM! I called this shit. Told yall 2 screens THE FUTURE!!

The final version will be bigger and nicer looking. Yeah man, lets get two screen gaming going again, i miss it.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:59 PM   #18
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
BOOM! I called this shit. Told yall 2 screens THE FUTURE!!

The final version will be bigger and nicer looking. Yeah man, lets get two screen gaming going again, i miss it.
Yeah let's make controllers cost 100 bucks for a gimmick no devs will use and if they do use it they won't do it well. Great idea!
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:57 PM   #19
Misanthropist
Evil Dead

I just bought a pro finally, tho ive only had a ps4 for a 2 years, im usually late to the next console generation due to $$ and a million current gen games i did not get around to. Zero intention of buying an xbone.
Misanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:24 PM   #20
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

The shape of the controller is poop. BUT SUPER EXCITED for the integrated screen!

Tags
playstation 5