Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 09:07 AM
1 Replies, 196 Views
» Promotion

Old 11-11-2017, 06:56 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Star Wars Battlefront II - Galactic Assault Mode #StarWars #BattlefrontII

Dive into Galactic Assault Mode in Star Wars Battlefront II, a 20 vs. 20 game mode that brings iconic battles from the Star Wars universe to life in the expansive multiplayer.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:56 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:45 PM   #3
MechaDangerous
Evil Dead

I'm conflicted. I hope the game does well because Star Wars, but I as well as a number of my online friends already cancelled our preorders due to the loot crate bullshit. Not that it'll matter, but we're voting with our wallets this time around.
MechaDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:06 AM   #4
MadMurdock_0311
Reaper

I've been reading that it takes 40 hours to unlock a single hero. You know, or pay real money to unlock one. Loot boxes tied to game progression = hard pass. Loot boxes are getting way, way out of control.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:51 AM   #5
Angelus073
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
I've been reading that it takes 40 hours to unlock a single hero. You know, or pay real money to unlock one. Loot boxes tied to game progression = hard pass. Loot boxes are getting way, way out of control.
Sorry but the 40 hours is bullshit, played 6 hours online in the trial and had amassed 25000 credits.

15 hours to get Vader the most expensive unlock. iden Versio is 20K SO UNLOCKED IN less than 6 hours.

Loot crates are bullshit but I really enjoyed the trial and will buy the game but not buy a crate.
Angelus073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #6
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Added the new Arcade Mode video.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #7
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
Or you might get one randomly in your first crate. I don't disagree that 40 hours to unlock a hero is BS (I'm running into a similar situation in For Honor, it takes weeks to amass 15k steel to unlock the DLC heroes.), but if they truly randomize the loot crates and you could get a hero the first try, it's fair.

If they don't include those in the loot boxes, it's just BS.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaDangerous View Post
I'm conflicted. I hope the game does well because Star Wars, but I as well as a number of my online friends already cancelled our preorders due to the loot crate bullshit. Not that it'll matter, but we're voting with our wallets this time around.
Loot crates don't bother me, so I'm also voting with my wallet and buying the game. Ha!
Old 11-12-2017, 12:20 PM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Did you watch the arcade video? "Daily credit limit reached." If that isn't a system designed to get you to pay cash, I don't know what is. I expect that in free-to-play games, but not something I paid $65 for.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #10
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Did you watch the arcade video? "Daily credit limit reached." If that isn't a system designed to get you to pay cash, I don't know what is. I expect that in free-to-play games, but not something I paid $65 for.
And yet you still support the game and it's lootbox implementation? This seems like the worst of all worlds.

"Sure, you can earn everything through gameplay!" (with a .00001% chance and daily credit limits to cripple anyone who is willing to put the time in)

This is bullshit.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:57 PM   #11
Capt_Thad
Do a Barrell Roll

Quote:
Or you might get one randomly in your first crate. I don't disagree that 40 hours to unlock a hero is BS (I'm running into a similar situation in For Honor, it takes weeks to amass 15k steel to unlock the DLC heroes.), but if they truly randomize the loot crates and you could get a hero the first try, it's fair.

If they don't include those in the loot boxes, it's just BS.
You don't get heroes in crates.

Big problem with the trial is that the timed challenges aren't really live yet. They have some weak placeholder one up. Have to see how credit earnings change when daily/weekly challenges and weekend events are up. If they don't have a strong showing there, then the cost on the hero unlocks are pretty ridiculous.

Daily credit limit is only for Arcade mode, but it's still a weird thing to do. You don't even earn that much from doing it. Just seems like a way to punish people who don't want to do multiplayer. There's a boatload of arcade challenges at least.

Edit: a dev just posted this thread on the Battlefront subreddit, for whatever that's worth.

Last edited by Capt_Thad; 11-12-2017 at 05:14 PM..
Capt_Thad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:19 PM   #12
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Thad View Post

Edit: a dev just posted this thread on the Battlefront subreddit, for whatever that's worth.
I read that. Locking heroes is a big ball of suck across the board. I noticed that buying the "deluxe" edition of the game basically gets you nothing. An extra $20 for some cards you will probably find in your first few crates anyway. Whoopee?

I guess we don't have to worry about fighting heroes all the time since so few players will have them unlocked. Ha!
Old 11-12-2017, 08:26 PM   #13
Capt_Thad
Do a Barrell Roll

Quote:
I guess we don't have to worry about fighting heroes all the time since so few players will have them unlocked. Ha!
8 of the heroes and all the hero ships start out unlocked. The remaining 6 heroes are the ones behind the wall--Luke, Leia, Chewie, Vader, Palpatine, and Iden Versio (campaign protagonist). Sounds like any new characters released--like Finn and Phasma in Dec--will be locked too.

Lotta people upset about Luke and Vader in particular--they're at the higher end of the unlock range, requiring 60k credits. Lower selection hurts the Heroes vs Villains mode too. You'll still see plenty of heroes running around in Galactic Assault though. Just won't have to worry about getting force choked for awhile.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:32 PM   #14
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

Because of work and family, i dont have that much time to unlock luke and vader, this sucks
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:34 AM   #15
MavenACTG
Squire

Quote:
I read that. Locking heroes is a big ball of suck across the board. I noticed that buying the "deluxe" edition of the game basically gets you nothing. An extra $20 for some cards you will probably find in your first few crates anyway. Whoopee?

That reddit post also has three times more downvotes than the next highest downvoted comment in the history of Reddit.

EA knows what they are doing and why they did it. They didn't stumble into this situation. But weren't Luke and Vader available immediately in the first game?
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #16
MavenACTG
Squire

Well, hell. That post now have 20 times the next highest downvoted comment.

I don't know if that will change anything, but I hope it does hurt EA where it matters most.
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:45 PM   #17
Capt_Thad
Do a Barrell Roll

They just announced that the locked hero prices are being dropped 75%.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:58 PM   #18
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

It looks like EA is paying attention. Instead of costing 60,000 credits, characters like Luke now only cost 10k.

I don't know if it'll be enough at this point, though. People are still pretty pissed off.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:06 AM   #19
MadMurdock_0311
Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
It looks like EA is paying attention. Instead of costing 60,000 credits, characters like Luke now only cost 10k.

I don't know if it'll be enough at this point, though. People are still pretty pissed off.
Gamers are pissed, but we all know they're weak. This game will sell extremely well, and EA will not change their loot box schenanegans.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
star wars battlefront ii