Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by Wizzkidd
Today 04:23 AM
4 Replies, 465 Views
Phoenix Wright: Ace...
Last post by Wizzkidd
Today 04:18 AM
5 Replies, 422 Views
Telltale Games Shutting...
Last post by Wizzkidd
Today 04:16 AM
7 Replies, 710 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 08:39 PM
2,425 Replies, 296,535 Views
Call Of Duty: Black Ops...
Last post by Primus
Yesterday 06:43 PM
1 Replies, 353 Views
Nicolas Cage Breaks Down...
Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 05:04 PM
10 Replies, 819 Views
Report: Netflix in Talks...
Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 05:03 PM
3 Replies, 426 Views
Farming Simulator 19 -...
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 03:06 PM
3 Replies, 1,515 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2017, 08:58 AM   #21
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral
 
BeardedSonOfNel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MN/WI
Posts: 5,131
Blog Entries: 8
Microsoft has a Game Pass as well. I gave it a shot to play Halo 5, and a couple of other games. They now have over 100 games available. They keep adding more games each month too. Xbox Game Pass
__________________
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. Goethe
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:15 AM   #22
brandonjclark
Subscriber
 
brandonjclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
Microsoft has a Game Pass as well. I gave it a shot to play Halo 5, and a couple of other games. They now have over 100 games available. They keep adding more games each month too. Xbox Game Pass
Whoah, that's actually a lot of money a month! I paid 30 for the YEAR ON Origin Access. Granted, the games list is smaller but I'd consider it if the price was lower.
__________________
~B$
Gamertag: legisilverback | Steam Nickname: brandonjclark
...playing Rebel Galaxy
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:04 PM   #23
Hellstorm
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Wait...what?

So, the guys who started Infinity Ward, grew it to success, sold it to EA, and walked away huffing and suing over compensation and treatment...

...left to start Respawn, grew it to success, and have sold out to...EA?

lol...smdh here.
Actually you are close. West and Zampella started 2015, which was owned by EA, but they didn't like and bitched about working for EA, so they left and started Infinity Ward, but then bitched and left to be independent with Respawn and then both Titanfalls titles failed to set the market on fire and now they needs to keep the lights on. With no killer franchise to leverage, they sell out to the studio they hated.

I am sure they signed contracts that do not allow them to leave for X amount of time, but when that expires they are going to bail.
__________________
"Downward F#%king Dog!!!"
"Some people F%#k at funerals. I cut off heads."
--The Wisdom of Travis Touchdown
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:48 PM   #24
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstorm View Post
Actually you are close. West and Zampella started 2015, which was owned by EA, but they didn't like and bitched about working for EA, so they left and started Infinity Ward, but then bitched and left to be independent with Respawn and then both Titanfalls titles failed to set the market on fire and now they needs to keep the lights on. With no killer franchise to leverage, they sell out to the studio they hated.

I am sure they signed contracts that do not allow them to leave for X amount of time, but when that expires they are going to bail.
West left awhile ago, it's just Zampella left from the 3 original guys.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:05 AM   #25
steved
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 264
Still big kudos to them for their successful "suing Activision" stunt. The studio was the driving force behind the enormous CoD cash machine. Activision was just the f'kn publisher.
steved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:24 AM   #26
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Whoah, that's actually a lot of money a month! I paid 30 for the YEAR ON Origin Access. Granted, the games list is smaller but I'd consider it if the price was lower.
I don't know, I think $10/month for 'all you can eat' is pretty good if the buffet is right. I have subs with Netflix, Spotify, and MoviePass for similar amounts each and am quite content with them.
__________________
Why would Republicans pass such a terrible tax law? lol...

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:57 AM   #27
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I don't know, I think $10/month for 'all you can eat' is pretty good if the buffet is right. I have subs with Netflix, Spotify, and MoviePass for similar amounts each and am quite content with them.
I suppose it depends on how much you "eat". Even if you only play through three games a year on the $10 monthly plan, it technically would have paid for itself (assuming $60 retail price per game, of course).

I'm getting a little burned out on all of these $10/month services, though. Sure, each one is cheap individually...but eventually, a person could be pissing away a decent chunk of change every month to gain access to all of these things.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:28 AM   #28
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Terran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
...eventually, a person could be pissing away a decent chunk of change every month to gain access to all of these things.
Very true. For those with wide entertainment interests, packages/bundles are a better deal. For those who only want a handful of providers' work, however (such as myself), a la carte is so much cheaper. I went from well over a hundred a month for cable to less than half that for Netflix, MoviePass and Spotify (tossing music in the mix!), and I get multiple simultaneous streams from both Spotify and Netflix as well.

Each person's particular bottom line will be different. Not a great time to be a 'bundler' (cable services) however. People are dropping packages like crazy.
__________________
Why would Republicans pass such a terrible tax law? lol...

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
respawn entertainment, titanfall

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:00 AM.