Marvel vs. Capcom:...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 09:07 AM
1 Replies, 196 Views
» Promotion

Old 11-11-2017, 09:58 AM   #21
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Microsoft has a Game Pass as well. I gave it a shot to play Halo 5, and a couple of other games. They now have over 100 games available. They keep adding more games each month too. Xbox Game Pass
Old 11-11-2017, 11:15 AM   #22
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
Microsoft has a Game Pass as well. I gave it a shot to play Halo 5, and a couple of other games. They now have over 100 games available. They keep adding more games each month too. Xbox Game Pass
Whoah, that's actually a lot of money a month! I paid 30 for the YEAR ON Origin Access. Granted, the games list is smaller but I'd consider it if the price was lower.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:04 PM   #23
Hellstorm
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Wait...what?

So, the guys who started Infinity Ward, grew it to success, sold it to EA, and walked away huffing and suing over compensation and treatment...

...left to start Respawn, grew it to success, and have sold out to...EA?

lol...smdh here.
Actually you are close. West and Zampella started 2015, which was owned by EA, but they didn't like and bitched about working for EA, so they left and started Infinity Ward, but then bitched and left to be independent with Respawn and then both Titanfalls titles failed to set the market on fire and now they needs to keep the lights on. With no killer franchise to leverage, they sell out to the studio they hated.

I am sure they signed contracts that do not allow them to leave for X amount of time, but when that expires they are going to bail.
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Hellstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:48 PM   #24
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstorm View Post
Actually you are close. West and Zampella started 2015, which was owned by EA, but they didn't like and bitched about working for EA, so they left and started Infinity Ward, but then bitched and left to be independent with Respawn and then both Titanfalls titles failed to set the market on fire and now they needs to keep the lights on. With no killer franchise to leverage, they sell out to the studio they hated.

I am sure they signed contracts that do not allow them to leave for X amount of time, but when that expires they are going to bail.
West left awhile ago, it's just Zampella left from the 3 original guys.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:05 AM   #25
steved
Evil Dead

Still big kudos to them for their successful "suing Activision" stunt. The studio was the driving force behind the enormous CoD cash machine. Activision was just the f'kn publisher.
steved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:24 AM   #26
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Whoah, that's actually a lot of money a month! I paid 30 for the YEAR ON Origin Access. Granted, the games list is smaller but I'd consider it if the price was lower.
I don't know, I think $10/month for 'all you can eat' is pretty good if the buffet is right. I have subs with Netflix, Spotify, and MoviePass for similar amounts each and am quite content with them.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #27
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I don't know, I think $10/month for 'all you can eat' is pretty good if the buffet is right. I have subs with Netflix, Spotify, and MoviePass for similar amounts each and am quite content with them.
I suppose it depends on how much you "eat". Even if you only play through three games a year on the $10 monthly plan, it technically would have paid for itself (assuming $60 retail price per game, of course).

I'm getting a little burned out on all of these $10/month services, though. Sure, each one is cheap individually...but eventually, a person could be pissing away a decent chunk of change every month to gain access to all of these things.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:28 AM   #28
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
...eventually, a person could be pissing away a decent chunk of change every month to gain access to all of these things.
Very true. For those with wide entertainment interests, packages/bundles are a better deal. For those who only want a handful of providers' work, however (such as myself), a la carte is so much cheaper. I went from well over a hundred a month for cable to less than half that for Netflix, MoviePass and Spotify (tossing music in the mix!), and I get multiple simultaneous streams from both Spotify and Netflix as well.

Each person's particular bottom line will be different. Not a great time to be a 'bundler' (cable services) however. People are dropping packages like crazy.
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
respawn entertainment, titanfall