Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Star Wars Story Spin-Off...
Last post by karaliusbronius
Today 09:02 PM
4 Replies, 240 Views
Pure Evil - Heroes of...
Last post by Chimpbot
Today 08:16 PM
23 Replies, 1,019 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by Terran
Today 07:58 PM
1,726 Replies, 187,975 Views
Solo Stumbles over the...
Last post by Terran
Today 07:41 PM
78 Replies, 3,820 Views
Picts - Waiting to...
Last post by vallor
Today 07:39 PM
18,096 Replies, 2,771,541 Views
Sir Patrick Stewart...
Last post by Terran
Today 07:36 PM
25 Replies, 1,408 Views
The First Creed II...
Last post by blackzc
Today 06:00 PM
1 Replies, 160 Views
Steve Carell fights...
Last post by blackzc
Today 05:58 PM
2 Replies, 228 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2015, 02:40 PM   #21
PSPfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Hey asshat, the difference is this generation's sports titles have gotten much better, from AI, to game modes, to realism, to finally getting sim type results. I get it, you love the Naughty Dog, that's nice, good for you. That doesn't change the fact that most of their games these days are direct sequels, Jax, Uncharted, and previously the Crash Bandicoot series. It's ok PSP you can like them, just don't get upset when others don't really care for their titles.
I know this thread is old and I'm being a necro for the sake of a reply, but... I don't get how you can bash a SEQUEL for a being a rehash yet defend something that is almost literally the exact same game year after year. You get the same players, stadiums, etc. Every sequel in a general game franchise has drastic changes of scenery.

I have no problem with you "not liking" a game. I do have a problem with you actually comparing Madden to Uncharted while suggesting Madden is less of a rehash. That's obtuse.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:11 PM   #22
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
I know this thread is old and I'm being a necro for the sake of a reply, but... I don't get how you can bash a SEQUEL for a being a rehash yet defend something that is almost literally the exact same game year after year. You get the same players, stadiums, etc. Every sequel in a general game franchise has drastic changes of scenery.

I have no problem with you "not liking" a game. I do have a problem with you actually comparing Madden to Uncharted while suggesting Madden is less of a rehash. That's obtuse.
How is a sports title NOT going to be nearly the same thing? It's trying to recreate a real life sport, it's an entirely different category all it's own. I'm not the one comparing Madden to Uncharted, that's you. Naughty Dog doesn't make sports titles, they could do any scenario they want, they instead don't do that and do series instead.

And for the record what EA Sports has done this gen is far closer to authentic simulation than they have ever done in all the previous gens combined. They deserve a bit of credit for finally listening in that regard.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:23 PM   #23
PSPfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
How is a sports title NOT going to be nearly the same thing? It's trying to recreate a real life sport, it's an entirely different category all it's own. I'm not the one comparing Madden to Uncharted, that's you. Naughty Dog doesn't make sports titles, they could do any scenario they want, they instead don't do that and do series instead.

And for the record what EA Sports has done this gen is far closer to authentic simulation than they have ever done in all the previous gens combined. They deserve a bit of credit for finally listening in that regard.
Exactly. Yet you're not applying that logic to other games? At this point the only real differences are roster updates. A rehash is still a rehash, no matter the parameters/criteria.

I made the comparison because you called Uncharted a "rehash" (which is laughable seeing as there's only been 3 games so far) while IN THE SAME POST stating the only thing you were looking forward to playing on your console was the very epitome of a rehash.

Fine, fine... as far as "a bit of credit." Then why not give Naughty Dog some credit for the leaps and bounds they made going from U1 to U2? Like I said, it's only been 3 games. You may not like the games but you can't deny that what they did, they did masterfully.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:32 PM   #24
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Rosters can be updated easily. Yearly sports titles are the worst and they are a fucking cancer. Fuck Madden.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:17 PM   #25
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
Exactly. Yet you're not applying that logic to other games? At this point the only real differences are roster updates. A rehash is still a rehash, no matter the parameters/criteria.

I made the comparison because you called Uncharted a "rehash" (which is laughable seeing as there's only been 3 games so far) while IN THE SAME POST stating the only thing you were looking forward to playing on your console was the very epitome of a rehash.

Fine, fine... as far as "a bit of credit." Then why not give Naughty Dog some credit for the leaps and bounds they made going from U1 to U2? Like I said, it's only been 3 games. You may not like the games but you can't deny that what they did, they did masterfully.
You brought up me looking forward to NHL 16 in the first place, and then went on to say I'm suggesting a comparison? The fuck is wrong with you PSP? /smh
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:55 PM   #26
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Rosters can be updated easily. Yearly sports titles are the worst and they are a fucking cancer. Fuck Madden.
Except this isn't even remotely true, stick to your pedo dating simulators.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:13 AM   #27
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Except this isn't even remotely true, stick to your pedo dating simulators.
Which ones? I don't play dating sims. Stick to hockey and murder simulators.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 03:21 AM   #28
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
*lol rehashes and nintendo posts on every thread

goes to play yearly titles and defends them

Unable to differentiate between jokes

Calls people pedophiles just because

Confirmed xenophobe

Hypocrite

Obvious mental issues*

Good ol regular newfags at EvAv.

Suicidal was right fuck, nobody here in plays videogames anymore.

inb4 smart phones are games 2.

/v/ seems less retarded now.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:13 AM   #29
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
*lol rehashes and nintendo posts on every thread

goes to play yearly titles and defends them

Unable to differentiate between jokes

Calls people pedophiles just because

Confirmed xenophobe

Hypocrite

Obvious mental issues*

Good ol regular newfags at EvAv.

Suicidal was right fuck, nobody here in plays videogames anymore.

inb4 smart phones are games 2.

/v/ seems less retarded now.
So stick to /v the adults are talking. I swear to God your posts sound like a 10 year old wrote them, it's pretty sad.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:20 AM   #30
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead
 
Agnostic Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,470
Blog Entries: 23
Nah you are just old and don't understand anything anymore. It happens. Even though you a newfag.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/WCiJp9W.jpg
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bluepoint games, nathan drake collection, naughty dog, uncharted

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:19 PM.