Today 05:46 AM
15 Replies, 1,429 Views

Old 11-03-2017, 04:56 AM   #1
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Sony Exec Defends The Last Of Us 2 Trailer

Via GameSpot

Quote:
The newest trailer for The Last of Us Part II that aired during Sony's briefing at Paris Games Week generated a lot of discussion over its level of violence. We saw an arm broken with a hammer. We saw people hanged. We saw an arrow through the face. It was unquestionably violent. Now, PlayStation executive Jim Ryan has responded to criticisms, saying in a new interview with The Telegraph that The Last of Us Part II "obviously is a game made by adults to be played by adults."

"I should never prejudge this but it will probably be rated 18, I think it's fair to say," Ryan explained. "And there's that market for those people who like that sort of game. Adults who like that sort of game. And I think we cater for that..."
BeardedSonOfNel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:17 AM   #2
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

Im excited!! Im older so i want less kiddy. Just like im tired of the kiddy Marvel movies and im hoping DC makes more adult super hero movies that are actually good. I loved the first Last of Us! Someone please make a coop R rated Dead Space 4!
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:45 AM   #3
BalekFekete
Claptrap Bitch

Yes please. I don't have a PS4 anymore, but if any game would get me to look into going dual console again in the future, it'd be this one.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:09 AM   #4
Terran
Evil Dead

Label it properly and leave them alone. We're all offended by something. Change the channel if you don't like it and move along. Don't behave like a millennial snowflake or an ancient 'get off my lawn' grandpa. Find what you like and support it!

#BoycottTheNFL

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:30 AM   #5
brandonjclark
Subscriber

Can we finally get some nudity and sex? It's nicer to look at than arms being broken.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:44 AM   #6
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Can we finally get some nudity and sex? It's nicer to look at than arms being broken.
Closest you're gonna get is Senran Kagura: Peach Bleach Splash! The intro cutscenes alone were ummm... very exciting.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:53 AM   #7
Sammael
Nope, nope. Not this time

I think the issue was that they showed two really violent trailers back-to-back. When you have a captive audience that is there just to see the new games, it might be a little off-putting to show realistic violence against people that is so graphic.

Detroit and Last of Us were both pretty intense trailers. Domestic abuse and torture... Rough subject matter.

I thought the Last of Us trailer looked good (where's the game???) but the Detroit one was pretty insane to put in a game... protecting a child from an abusive father. Yikes.

Biggest Ranger Fan on EA!!!!!!!!
Lets go Rangers!!!!
Sammael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:09 PM   #8
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

How am I supposed to play games about domestic abuse and torture with my kids watching? This is getting ridiculous. I don't ban them from watching Destiny or AC, etc, but this makes even Gears of War look tame.

I made a horrible parenting choice just letting my 6 year old watch the latest Transformers movie with us because of the constant stream of foul language. This is TRANSFORMERS that I was all gaga over when I was 6. He then ended up saying "this is fucking shit" during a time out at school. A SIX YEAR OLD. Who has been saying for years "don't worry daddy, I don't hear bad words" every time we talked to him about it.

Later, he said "I'm going to kill you all" in response to some kids saying they hate him sometimes.

Parenting is impossible. My 6 year old already thinks he's 16 with the attitude to match.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:49 PM   #9
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
He then ended up saying "this is fucking shit" during a time out at school. A SIX YEAR OLD.
"“It is not right if I am wrong. But if I am young, and right, what does my age matter?” -- Haimon in Antigone.

The Greeks were the shit, man. Sophocles was awesome. And the kid's probably right.

Quote:
Parenting is impossible.
Don't worry, most people don't bother any more.

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:12 PM   #10
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

It was pretty brutal; but so is that game world. So is our world. Most humans are animals and there isn't much holding us to the social contract which keeps us from tearing each other to bits; tribe by tribe and eventually person by person. Only being in the lands of plenty do many of us have the luxury of arguing the niceties of such things because it feels so far removed. It takes the rare person to rise above and try to create something greater and inspire others to greater heights.

The trailer doesn't hold back from showing our worst selves. Hopefully the game also gives the chance to show our best selves.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:02 PM   #11
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

I thought the trailer could have used some sodomy and eye gouging.
Emabulator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:36 PM   #12
blackzc
Evil Dead

Mortal Kombat X has pretty well maxed out the gore factor. Its whatever at this point.

People were upset because of the acting.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #13
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
How am I supposed to play games about domestic abuse and torture with my kids watching? This is getting ridiculous. I don't ban them from watching Destiny or AC, etc, but this makes even Gears of War look tame.

I made a horrible parenting choice just letting my 6 year old watch the latest Transformers movie with us because of the constant stream of foul language. This is TRANSFORMERS that I was all gaga over when I was 6. He then ended up saying "this is fucking shit" during a time out at school. A SIX YEAR OLD. Who has been saying for years "don't worry daddy, I don't hear bad words" every time we talked to him about it.

Later, he said "I'm going to kill you all" in response to some kids saying they hate him sometimes.

Parenting is impossible. My 6 year old already thinks he's 16 with the attitude to match.
I hope this was tongue in cheek. If not you're a fucking idiot that sucks at parenting.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:41 PM   #14
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

What was brutal was the unrealistic amount of lean muscle the independent woman hanging by her neck had in a end world situation.

Or how brutally ugly the asian woman was.

How feminine and meek the asian male looked.

Loved the thugish male taking orders from the female leader.

SJW'S, Survival edition. *slow claps*

next you'll tell me the buff woman is pregnant with eli's magical lesbian child pregnancy.

Careful if you get the SJW'S aroused they might take legal action due to mental and physical sexual assault.
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
naughty dog, sony, the last of us, the last of us 2