Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 06:20 PM
1,722 Replies, 187,630 Views

Old 07-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #21
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
Frankly I like it overall in 30 FPS more, to me 60 FPS just makes a lot of games look fake due to the motion. Maybe that's just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
To my defense it is a stupid preference because it is inferior. Which is understandable because you are not used to the future (past). It is like wearing anti glare glasses outside and then putting on regular glasses and saying the regular glasses were better because it felt shittier and more realistic. (I don't even) I'm not gonna say 30fps is better than 60fps (because it fucking isn't) and I do find it weird that a minority of gamers think the same way.
Quote:
Are old people who grew up watching black and white stupid for preferring black and white when color comes out or has been out for a while?
Old 07-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #22
PSPfreak
Banned

First you say it's understandable, then immediately say it's a stupid preference. Give it a couple seconds for that to sink in... see why you're an idiot yet? If it's understandable then how is it stupid?

Calling a preference stupid in the first place shows you don't really know what a preference even really is.

Just go the fuck away. Spend some time in some topics about things you like rather than talk down to people about things they like. You're in no position to talk down to anyone anyway seeing as you have (and always have had) piss-poor comprehension skills.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #23
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Tekken 3 ran at 60FPS did it look fake then?

I was gonna be nice and let it slide. 60fps adds more motion and makes a game seem fuller. How one can not understand that is beyond me. You weren't going by your preference but an opinion over a fact, I just hated the fact that I'd make you look dumber than usual. In this gen there will be more 60fps (a return to consoles) and in the end you'll just have to (like usual) eat crow.
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:10 PM   #24
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
understandable,
Understandable because you are a fuckwit would have been accurate rather than politically correct and polite. Something that is wasted on swine, won't make that mistake again before you put me on ignore for...4th time now?
Agnostic Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:36 PM   #25
Venkman
Evil Dead

Sometimes I wonder if the 3 or so people on my ignore list are all the same person with different accounts.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #26
PSPfreak
Banned

Tekken 3 was 2 fucking generations ago. Not every game's design/engine/whatever allows it to look the same in 60FPS, LoU is a very cinematic game and it happens to be a game from 2013, not fucking 1998. Your posts get exponentially more obtuse as you post more.

You say something is stupid and then IMMEDIATELY after say it is understandable. Explain that?

And again, calling someone's preferences, "stupid" shows you are clueless human being. Again, just go away and discuss things in threads about things you like rather than troll people who like something you don't. Or do you just feel the need to follow ME around specifically?
Old 07-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #27
PSPfreak
Banned

And I meant to say 3 generations ago, sorry for the typo. A game from THREE fucking generations ago being compared to one from last year.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #28
Azrael
Evil Dead

I so wish this was on PC. I may have to bite the bullet and pick it up for my PS3
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:06 PM   #29
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Tekken 3 was 2 fucking generations ago. Not every game's design/engine/whatever allows it to look the same in 60FPS, LoU is a very cinematic game and it happens to be a game from 2013, not fucking 1998.
LOL! Do you know even know how video games work? Holy shit you are retarded
Old 07-29-2014, 03:51 PM   #30
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
To my defense
You have no defense, I wasn't a fan of TLOU but there's people who enjoy it, let them discuss it rather than trying to shit all over a thread looking for attention. Shiz does the same shit all the time, I likely won't be buying Destiny, I said why once, yet he's in every Destiny thread practically, shitting on it.

Gaming with Attitude is one thing, being a douche to be a douche is not the same.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:05 PM   #31
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Stop posting or else!
Or what?

I was talking about FPS either way as my posts show until he went full retard.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:13 PM   #32
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Or what?

Both of you cut the shit.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #33
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

My copy should arrive soon. Birthday present!
Old 07-29-2014, 05:53 PM   #34
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
Oh him? He went to that other site I think. Those were different days.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #35
BenSkywlkr
Evil Dead

I think the press have been rather overly critical on how much of an improvement this is, although to be fair that has helped me appreciate it more.

The higher resolution and improved framerate make a dramatic difference. It's like moving from a PS3 port to my PC- I don't see how anyone would have trouble spotting the difference immediately, forget side by side. Mind you, I consider TLOU the best looking game from last generation altogether, but it is a marked improvement on the PS4.
BenSkywlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #36
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

So far the game is great with it's primarily story focused linear game play. I avoided the original due to being tired of the genre but so far it's fine. I'm glad I waited for the remastered version especially since it is a much better version. I'm glad the 30 fps limiter is an option for people who have not really paid attention to such things now there is a prime example. When you start out at the 60 unlocked and stay with it for a while and then switch to thirty frames per second it's jarring. Not only do you get that laggy feeling most console titles have but it turns in to a blurry mess as well. Who cares if some of the shadows are slightly less jagged you can't even see them anyways with all the blur and lag added. Higher frame rate, more images, more detail, less lag, clearer picture, smoother animation, better action, better game, better cut scenes all at 1080p... This should be called the definitive edition I wish the game was made for the PS4 to begin with. I would gladly make the trade of slightly lower graphical fidelity for higher frame rates on all future console games it makes a drastic difference. I see it more now than before since I put in so much time with Destiny.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:19 AM   #37
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSkywlkr View Post
I think the press have been rather overly critical on how much of an improvement this is, although to be fair that has helped me appreciate it more.
The review scores I saw were all pretty high, but seeing those sites saying "It's the same game only better and I expected more." seems a little unfair.

It is the same game, of course it is. That's what you are paying for. It would have been nice of them to include some kind of extra mission, but it's not a deal breaker.

I got my copy at 8:00 last night, I didn't have time to play it before work. I loved it the first time and I'm glad I didn't go back for a second play through.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:32 AM   #38
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
So far the game is great with it's primarily story focused linear game play. I avoided the original due to being tired of the genre but so far it's fine. I'm glad I waited for the remastered version especially since it is a much better version. I'm glad the 30 fps limiter is an option for people who have not really paid attention to such things now there is a prime example. When you start out at the 60 unlocked and stay with it for a while and then switch to thirty frames per second it's jarring. Not only do you get that laggy feeling most console titles have but it turns in to a blurry mess as well. Who cares if some of the shadows are slightly less jagged you can't even see them anyways with all the blur and lag added. Higher frame rate, more images, more detail, less lag, clearer picture, smoother animation, better action, better game, better cut scenes all at 1080p... This should be called the definitive edition I wish the game was made for the PS4 to begin with. I would gladly make the trade of slightly lower graphical fidelity for higher frame rates on all future console games it makes a drastic difference. I see it more now than before since I put in so much time with Destiny.
Excellent post. 60fps should be the standard once more in console games.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:45 AM   #39
ashikenshin
Subscriber

Nice post Suicidal, I think I will steal my brother's copy tomorrow.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #40
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
To my defense it is a stupid preference because it is inferior. Which is understandable because you are not used to the future (past). It is like wearing anti glare glasses outside and then putting on regular glasses and saying the regular glasses were better because it felt shittier and more realistic. (I don't even) I'm not gonna say 30fps is better than 60fps (because it fucking isn't) and I do find it weird that a minority of gamers think the same way.
I agree with you. These people who prefer 30FPS locked cut scenes and 24FPS Hobbit over 48FPS Hobbit, really need to have their brains RETRAINED. It's like taking someone used to a Model T Ford and putting them in a Mustang GT and having to listen to their complaints that the "car is going too fast". Retrain your brain to handle and process all the extra information, its glorious. Real life is 60FPS.

Tags
naughty dog, the last of us