Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Geek Love > Totally Off Topic

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Star Trek: Discovery -...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 01:04 AM
2 Replies, 119 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 10:40 PM
2,033 Replies, 224,006 Views
James Gunn Fired as...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 10:39 PM
20 Replies, 572 Views
Glass Official Trailer...
Last post by ColinVI
Yesterday 10:11 PM
3 Replies, 313 Views
Valkyria Chronicles 4...
Last post by Skunk
Yesterday 08:04 PM
7 Replies, 1,131 Views
What's behind Nintendo's...
Last post by SpectralThundr
Yesterday 06:16 PM
35 Replies, 2,987 Views
Madden Leadership...
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 05:43 PM
14 Replies, 1,150 Views
George R.R. Martin's...
Last post by Terran
Yesterday 05:40 PM
12 Replies, 1,049 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2018, 08:55 AM   #961
Whimbrel
Subhuman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
You really don't see the severity of what folks like Obama wanted to do, and still want to do. Expecting an efficient, budgeted government that follows federal law isn't an extremists view. And the reason I say it's over is progressives in DC have essentially come out as traitors to the US and the US Constitution, and people like you don't even raise an eyebrow, the amount of corruption the previous administration was involved in is simply fucking staggering. Things that would have made Nixon blush.

We have a chance to clean alot of it up on both sides of the political isle, but because you all hate Trump so much and obviously don't give two shits bout illegals pouring in what does that say about you as a person?
OK, I am taking two things away from this response.

1. You either don't actually know or wont' admit that you express extremist views. The extremism may be an act for this forum or for trolling in general, but I doubt it. This adds evidence to my theory that most of the current extremists on the right are over normalizing their positions, either due to a bubble or misunderstanding of the general population or most likely both. I would guess that the same phenomena is taking place on the left, and my previous post about the amount of biased journalism that is accepted would support that.

2. You seem very concerned about corruption in the previous administration, but don't seem alarmed at all about corruption in the current administration. An objective person would probably say corruption in any administration is bad. A partisan extremist would say, your corruption is bad, my corruption is fine. Adding insult to injury for your argument/ extremist viewpoint is that you actually raise the issue of the fact that "people like you don't even raise an eyebrow," while demonstrating that you clearly do not raise an eyebrow about the exact same issues. It is the double standards that damage your credibility, and in your case, no matter how many times I point them out, I do believe you that you have lost the ability to see it.

Finally, enough of the "people like you" bullshit. It still seems chicken shit that you can't respond to anything I write without lumping me in with some group or putting words in my mouth.
Whimbrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:02 AM   #962
Whimbrel
Subhuman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
When it comes to marriage (an actual state level issue), the gay marriage agenda pushers had nothing but FUCK YOU for state's rights, but...
Terran writes that somebody who responds to something with "FUCK YOU" is acting badly.

Next post, specifically questioning his hypocrisy and double standards, Terran responds:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Marriage "equality" eh? Fuck you. You're not for marriage "equality" because there are plenty of cultures,
So, I don't know if this is trolling or pathological spinelessness, but it is a waste of time. Between misstating my positions, putting words in my mouth, ignoring direct questions, or double standards or whatever the fuck his problem is, there is no credibility to anything this guy says. If he cares nothing about his own credibility, fine, I'll show him that level of respect.
Whimbrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:09 AM   #963
Whimbrel
Subhuman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
Whimbrel, you keep mentioning how conservatives are being hypocritical in supporting the GOP for doing what we hate about the Democrats. But that's not really true and Trump is the proof. Getting him in there was a "F you!" to the GOP (not to conservatism but specifically to the GOP) almost as much as it was to the DNC.
OK, first off, I don't think somebody like Terran is actually a conservative anymore than Trump is. But I'd like to separate two things. There is hypocrisy on this forum, which is what I have been speaking about recently. The grand hypocrisy of DC politics is not something either side has exclusive rights to. Actually, I don't think either side has exclusive rights to it on this forum either, I just don't want you to confuse my specific comments about Terran's double standard with some kind of general attack on the right or on the GOP in general.

I can see what you are saying about Trump and the GOP, but I don't completely agree. I think there was definitely some of that, but I am reluctant to read a clear message into it. Most of the Trump supporters I have spoken to had two things in common. They really hated Hillary Clinton, and they were really hoping for some kind of effective government that would improve their lives and the country in general. It is hard to reconcile that with this Bannon wing notion of creating chaos and disruption and destroying the DC establishment, which kind of goes along more with the idea of flipping off the GOP that you describe.
Whimbrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:17 AM   #964
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimbrel View Post
Terran writes that somebody who responds to something with "FUCK YOU" is acting badly.
Are you literate? Seriously, are you able to read AND comprehend what you are reading?

I made no mention of the morality ("acting badly" or otherwise) of the actual verbal response of Democrats, I pointed out the HYPOCRISY of telling states rights supporters to fuck off on one issue and then to use states rights yourself later as a crutch when it's convenient. In case you're not getting it: Marriage is an actual STATE purview, not a constitutional right. Gun rights are an actual CONSTITUTIONAL right ("shall not be infringed"), not a state purview. Dems are hypocrites for grabbing for state rights when it suits them (on guns, an actual constitutional not state issue, but they use state laws to "INFRINGE" on the constitutional right) and then for federal/constitutional purview when it doesn't apply (marriage, a state purview that Dems have used the courts to improperly force on states that disagree). You're the hypocrites, conservatives are on the right side of both constitutionally.

So fuck you.

Quote:
So, I don't know if this is trolling or pathological spinelessness, but it is a waste of time.
You are a waste of time. You defend a constitutional position on marriage (something NOT MENTIONED in the Constitution) while, as a progressive, surely betraying your clear lack of constitutional regard in the realm of 2A rights which ARE DELINEATED in the Constitution.

As you said: "Regardless of the issue at hand, I am pretty sure state's rights are not supposed to deny individual freedoms granted by the constitution."

Remember that when it comes to 2A. It doesn't apply to marriage, which is not a constitutional right...unless you're arguing for plural marriage, FGM marital requirements, adult-child marriage, and a number of other abhorrent practices that are actually supported by some twisted cultures and communities and would be considered "marriage equality" to them.

Quote:
Between misstating my positions, putting words in my mouth, ignoring direct questions, or double standards
Project much? I've pointed out each of those as regards your posting behavior RIGHT HERE and in my prior responses to you.

Like a progressive, lying liars lie.
__________________
Why would Republicans pass such a terrible tax law? lol...

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D

Last edited by Terran; 01-23-2018 at 10:01 AM..
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:29 AM   #965
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,454
Nonessential Government Employee Gets Back to Work.
__________________
Why would Republicans pass such a terrible tax law? lol...

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:54 AM   #966
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimbrel View Post
OK, I am taking two things away from this response.

1. You either don't actually know or wont' admit that you express extremist views. The extremism may be an act for this forum or for trolling in general, but I doubt it. This adds evidence to my theory that most of the current extremists on the right are over normalizing their positions, either due to a bubble or misunderstanding of the general population or most likely both. I would guess that the same phenomena is taking place on the left, and my previous post about the amount of biased journalism that is accepted would support that.

2. You seem very concerned about corruption in the previous administration, but don't seem alarmed at all about corruption in the current administration. An objective person would probably say corruption in any administration is bad. A partisan extremist would say, your corruption is bad, my corruption is fine. Adding insult to injury for your argument/ extremist viewpoint is that you actually raise the issue of the fact that "people like you don't even raise an eyebrow," while demonstrating that you clearly do not raise an eyebrow about the exact same issues. It is the double standards that damage your credibility, and in your case, no matter how many times I point them out, I do believe you that you have lost the ability to see it.

Finally, enough of the "people like you" bullshit. It still seems chicken shit that you can't respond to anything I write without lumping me in with some group or putting words in my mouth.
You don't even defend your positions, just attack people for theirs, so yes PEOPLE LIKE YOU. People who must know they're on the wrong side of history and common sense. In case you have a reading comprehension issue the illegal immigration has to stop, Sanctuary cities have to stop. I've said this multiple times already. IF you support the democrats and their policies, you in turn are supporting illegal immigration. That's how reality and cause and effect works.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:54 PM   #967
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimbrel View Post
They really hated Hillary Clinton, and they were really hoping for some kind of effective government that would improve their lives and the country in general. It is hard to reconcile that with this Bannon wing notion of creating chaos and disruption and destroying the DC establishment, which kind of goes along more with the idea of flipping off the GOP that you describe.
Whimbrel, you do get a lot of people believe that the DC establishment is responsible for many hurdles in their lives, right? The so-called "draining the swamp" wasn't popular simply because people craved chaos.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #968
Whimbrel
Subhuman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,838
I don't see any connection between whether I defend my position and lumping me in with other people. If you don't like my position, fine. I'm ok with that. However, that does not somehow mean that I have a different position or somebody else's position. That is just nonsense.

As for illegal immigration, again, so what? I acknowledge that you really, really, really don't like it, but of all the problems in our society, I would say it is probably not in the top 30.

I specifically asked what was so bad about it, and I got a bunch of exaggerated, nonsensical bullshit as responses, which seemed to indicate much more racism and bigotry than anything else.

For example. What were the three reasons I was given for why illegal immigration is such a big problem. Crime, economic impact, and voting? Voting?

So, what percentage of crime in the US is committed by illegal immigrants as opposed regular criminal citizens? Hmm, almost none. That certainly seems like not a big deal.
Maybe we could fous all of this misplaced irrational anger on US citizen criminals instad and address the real problem as opposed to the imaginary problem or the racism inflated and exaggerated problem for paranoid extremists.

Economic impacts? Umm, this is mostly a joke, but whatever. As I have said numerous times, if you actually care about the economy, you should focus your concern on the investment laws and policies that rig the entire economy against working people, and not on a few people performing valuable service to the economy in jobs Americans are either unwilling or are not skilled enough to do. So again, I would say you are ignoring the real problem, you are ignoring the large problem to focus on a little problem that you imagine to be much larger than it is because of some bizarre perception and reasoning bias that makes you want to devote 99% of your energy to the problem that is 45th most important for some reason. I wonder what that reason is? I wonder why you don't seem to care at all about the actual problems?

Lastly, ugh, I can't believe we have to return to this, illegal voting. Again, for some reason you assume that the majority of illegal voting is by undocumented citizens. This is completely false. So there may have been some small number of illegal votes and some tiny percentage of those were from people who were not citizens. A, it is a small, small issue that you seem to care about way out of proportion to the size of the actual problem, and even then, you seem obsessed about ignoring the largest part of the problem, illegal voting by us citizens and instead seem to focus on the tiny, tiny percentage of illegal voting that may or may not have been committed by illegal immigrants. And, no, I don't support illegal voting by US citizens or illegal immigrants, but I sure as fuck have the common sense to think that if 99% of illegal votes are cast by US citizens then that is the bigger problem than the 1% by illegal immigrants. And I also have the common sense and integrity to state that if I care about elections, which I do, then in addition to wanting to stop illegal voting, I would also want to stop foreign interference, manipulation on social media, voter suppression, and increase voter participation. The core strength of democracy is citizen engagement, and the extent to which we disenfranchise our citizens weakens the country.
Whimbrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:32 PM   #969
Whimbrel
Subhuman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
Whimbrel, you do get a lot of people believe that the DC establishment is responsible for many hurdles in their lives, right? The so-called "draining the swamp" wasn't popular simply because people craved chaos.
I get it that this was a popular slogan. I don't get it that people actually thought Trump would do it. I also don't get why these people who were supposedly Trump supporters because they thought he would drain the swamp aren't upset at all that he has increased the corruption in the swamp and hasn't drained it at all. Did anybody who wanted the swamp drained want it stocked with incompetent billionaires? If so, draining the swamp meant something very different to them than it did to me.

Secondly, I believe you. I don't think you are deliberately misrepresenting anything. I don't know that I agree that the DC establishment has created the hurdles these people blame on it in most cases, but I am sure there are some where it is directly related. As I have said ad nauseum, I think special interests, large corporations, etc are creating more problems for the average citizen, but I recognize that there is a lot of disagreement about this.
Whimbrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:44 PM   #970
Terran
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12,454
LOL. All I hear is a parrot crying 'drain the swamp....ack...drain the swamp....ack."

Trump is doing exactly what I personally sent him to Washington to do:

* Cut taxes. Give Americans more of their own money. DONE. 80% of Americans get a tax cut, the richest 10% do not.
* Reveal the craven hypocrisy and anti-Americanism of the Dems as they struggle to protect the rich from paying more in federal taxes and favor illegals over American citizens. DONE
* Cut regulations. Get the damned unaccountable bureaucrats off of our backs. DONE and still doing it.
* Appoint conservative judges. Gorsuch isn't the only one. DONE and still doing it.
* Call out the bias of the press. DONE and still doing it.
* Fight back against the bullshit cries of racism, racism, racism from progtards. DONE and still doing it.
* Support the military and police. DONE and still doing it.
* Enforce federal immigration law as it currently stands. DONE and doing it.
* Get rid of the individual (ACA) mandate and its financial penalty paid by poor and middle class folks who can't afford it. DONE
* Don't be Hillary. In fact, beat her. DONE

I'm quite happy, thank you.
__________________
Why would Republicans pass such a terrible tax law? lol...

Giving people more of their own money...WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? :D
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:24 PM   #971
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimbrel View Post
I get it that this was a popular slogan. I don't get it that people actually thought Trump would do it. I also don't get why these people who were supposedly Trump supporters because they thought he would drain the swamp aren't upset at all that he has increased the corruption in the swamp and hasn't drained it at all. Did anybody who wanted the swamp drained want it stocked with incompetent billionaires? If so, draining the swamp meant something very different to them than it did to me.
Did people believe he'd do it? Yes, or at least he'd give it a shot. I don't think many people become billionaires by being incompetent. Is it wrong to be wealthy? Has he increased corruption in the swamp? Isn't that an opinion? I think draining the swamp obviously meant something different to you than it did to them, and that's part of the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimbrel View Post
Secondly, I believe you. I don't think you are deliberately misrepresenting anything. I don't know that I agree that the DC establishment has created the hurdles these people blame on it in most cases, but I am sure there are some where it is directly related. As I have said ad nauseum, I think special interests, large corporations, etc are creating more problems for the average citizen, but I recognize that there is a lot of disagreement about this.
I believe that DC has created many of the hurdles that get in people's ways, and their states and local governments have done their part as well. I agree that large corporations and whatnot push for laws, regulations, etc. which create issues for the average citizen, but it's government that ultimately carries that out, right?

See, I think a big difference between you and I - which I'd guess many conservatives here are at least partially in agreement with me - is that I view corporations and special interests as an issue, but ultimately they wouldn't be if not for the government allowing them to be an issue. If you think these corporations and special interests are in issue, why do you appear to more often than not advocate more government involvement when it seems that government involvement is allowing these groups to exert their will upon the average citizen through laws and regulations? Look at the ACA, which you championed; citizens were fiscally punished if they did not pay corporations (insurance companies). This was by design:


The ACA was sold on helping people by only taxing the rich and corporations -- yet that was proven untrue. The penalty was placed in there because they knew many healthy people would bet - gambling is what insurance is - that they didn't need health insurance, and would hold onto hundreds if not thousands of dollars extra a year. Pre-existing conditions, the type that may preclude someone from buying health insurance as an individual, are usually losing situations for insurance companies. Generally speaking, it's not because they want these people to die, they just don't want to go out of business -- it's math. When a business is forced to take someone that they know will likely be or will surely be a fiscal loss for them, they must get that money someplace else -- hence the penalty. Yet this amounted to feeding the masses to these corporations under threat of a penalty by the government. And for what? So some people could pay to get others insurance? So some were forced to carry insurance that they couldn't afford to reach the deductible or else be fined? So other's rates could be increased to offset an unhealthy person? I really wish everyone could get healthcare whenever they needed it, but that's just not feasible. I've also dealt with government run healthcare, and it's not pretty; check out the VA.

Trump has been far more conservative that I had imagined he would be. The swamp is a serious issue. We saw the now former director of the FBI absolve HRC of committing a crime, while warning others not to follow her path least they want to actually face the courts, and then himself leak classified information. That's a swamp. For those that complain so much about an unfair justice system, which I can often agree with, it seemed that was not an issue when it came to pushing Clinton. Clinton was the head of an intelligence agency, had served as a Senator on the Armed Services Committee, which handled classified information, and was sold as being the smartest woman ever. Yet she claimed she was too ignorant to realize that she was dealing with classified information, even some of which was marked as being classified. Don't worry, others have been jailed for less.

So, yes, there is a swamp to drain, I think Trump has made some progress, but it's clearly unrealistic to get rid of all of these types.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:38 PM   #972
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,078
So it's just like I suggested. You don't believe illegals commit crime despite the evidence and cases where they do. But because you don't care anyway, you won't bother to educate yourself on the topic.

I want the 20 million of them sent back in accordance with federal immigration law. And if you have a problem with that, traitors like yourself can join em.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:39 PM   #973
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 6,565
So Spec, your saying that if immigration law declared that 3 million immigrants from 3rd world countries were to be made citizens per year, that you would be down? Because, in accordance with muh federal immigration law?

Your not fooling me buddy, you filthy racist.

I want the 20 Million of them sent back because their fringe elements are disgusting and im, meh/10 on the rest of them. Fuck the law.
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:59 PM   #974
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
So Spec, your saying that if immigration law declared that 3 million immigrants from 3rd world countries were to be made citizens per year, that you would be down? Because, in accordance with muh federal immigration law?

Your not fooling me buddy, you filthy racist.

I want the 20 Million of them sent back because their fringe elements are disgusting and im, meh/10 on the rest of them. Fuck the law.
And it's posts like this why no one takes you serious. You find fault simply at skin color. Actions and behavior speak far louder. I bet if you did away with all the restrictions on guns in cities like Chicago the gangbanger problem would solve itself. If the law abiding citizens are armed those that don't follow the law would be far less bold.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:25 PM   #975
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 6,565
I assure you, there are people that take me seriously. Nice try.

As for guns, my state and city has open carry, there are plenty of gangs.

What would need to happen is that the people will have to come to terms with the fact the police cant help them and are basically note takers at this point. And then enact much more liberal laws concerning shooting criminals and self defense.
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:05 PM   #976
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 6,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimbrel
(said some stuff and pointed out a lot of the problems the left has right now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJC
(also reiterates one of the biggest problems is the alt-left/antfi is becoming as unappealing if not even less appealing than the true alt-right extremists)
The right, and Trump, need work too but less than the left, IMO, to get the country on the right track and far, far less work than the progressives. I am trying to keep the two groups separate because much like I hate being called alt-right I tend to think of “progressives” being a similar slur these days. Alt-left seems so juvenile. I’d like to get back to “liberal” but I don’t thing the left is there any more.

As with Terran I voted for Trump’s platform and, amazingly enough he’s actually sticking to it! I hoped for “drain the swamp” and in the way he is forcing Congress to do its job I think it will naturally happen.

During Obama’s presidency when Congress failed over itself he would come over and say “Hey fuckers, I did your homework for you now turn it in on time or I’ll write an EO while you’re on one of you 200 vacation days.”

Trump is letting them continue to fail over and over and in massively public and humiliating fashion. His agenda isn’t a secret but he really needs to never, ever tease. There was one point he suggested he might do something with DACA in the funding bill and I think that caused some problems.

This whole memo and text thing is going to explode massively. If it turns out Russia was a fake (the FBI guy said the investigation was bogus from the start and didn’t want to waste his time on it), they find malfeasance in the Hillary email investigation, and all the roadblocks for the last 18 months have been manufactured... I can’t even imagine what this is going to do to the mid-terms.

Right now I see the mid-terms going two ways, at least till we see what happens with the memo. Healthcare and DACA are the two big tools the Democrats have to hit Trump. He’ll have to balance those against the massive gains in the economy and the tax bill along with, frankly his still tarnished reputation and low ratings.

I think he loses if he nukes DACA right now. People will be fine with ACA the way it is, but his rep and throwing out the DACA “kids” (most between 20 and 35 years old now) is a bad political move for the GOP.

The other option is people see how fucked up things are now and more populist conservative candidates get elected because people are tired of Democrat obstruction to the Trump platform. Hopefully no alleged sexual deviants like Roy Moore.

I also agree with Venom the solution to getting rid of the corruption in our system is at the root. People of strong moral and ethical grounding in office. I’d like to start out by making it so no one in Congress can profit from their work. Supposedly taken care of by the STOCK act but it has all the teeth of a fresh born baby.

Then I’d add term limits; if you don’t have to campaign for reelection you can work more than 150 days a year, am I right? Then I’d start knocking off salary and retirement benefits. Citizen statesmen, not career politician, was the intent. Someone once told me Gerald Ford, I think, picked up 4 pension checks every month to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars because he got one for each gorvernment position he held. Governor, Senator, Representative, and President. Something like that.

Serving in this capacity was supposed to be a duty and an honor, not a lucrative career from which you could enter office a pauper and exit decades later having made several fortunes.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:30 PM   #977
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
The right, and Trump, need work too but less than the left, IMO, to get the country on the right track and far, far less work than the progressives. I am trying to keep the two groups separate because much like I hate being called alt-right I tend to think of “progressives” being a similar slur these days. Alt-left seems so juvenile. I’d like to get back to “liberal” but I don’t thing the left is there any more.

As with Terran I voted for Trump’s platform and, amazingly enough he’s actually sticking to it! I hoped for “drain the swamp” and in the way he is forcing Congress to do its job I think it will naturally happen.

During Obama’s presidency when Congress failed over itself he would come over and say “Hey fuckers, I did your homework for you now turn it in on time or I’ll write an EO while you’re on one of you 200 vacation days.”

Trump is letting them continue to fail over and over and in massively public and humiliating fashion. His agenda isn’t a secret but he really needs to never, ever tease. There was one point he suggested he might do something with DACA in the funding bill and I think that caused some problems.

This whole memo and text thing is going to explode massively. If it turns out Russia was a fake (the FBI guy said the investigation was bogus from the start and didn’t want to waste his time on it), they find malfeasance in the Hillary email investigation, and all the roadblocks for the last 18 months have been manufactured... I can’t even imagine what this is going to do to the mid-terms.

Right now I see the mid-terms going two ways, at least till we see what happens with the memo. Healthcare and DACA are the two big tools the Democrats have to hit Trump. He’ll have to balance those against the massive gains in the economy and the tax bill along with, frankly his still tarnished reputation and low ratings.

I think he loses if he nukes DACA right now. People will be fine with ACA the way it is, but his rep and throwing out the DACA “kids” (most between 20 and 35 years old now) is a bad political move for the GOP.

The other option is people see how fucked up things are now and more populist conservative candidates get elected because people are tired of Democrat obstruction to the Trump platform. Hopefully no alleged sexual deviants like Roy Moore.

I also agree with Venom the solution to getting rid of the corruption in our system is at the root. People of strong moral and ethical grounding in office. I’d like to start out by making it so no one in Congress can profit from their work. Supposedly taken care of by the STOCK act but it has all the teeth of a fresh born baby.

Then I’d add term limits; if you don’t have to campaign for reelection you can work more than 150 days a year, am I right? Then I’d start knocking off salary and retirement benefits. Citizen statesmen, not career politician, was the intent. Someone once told me Gerald Ford, I think, picked up 4 pension checks every month to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars because he got one for each gorvernment position he held. Governor, Senator, Representative, and President. Something like that.

Serving in this capacity was supposed to be a duty and an honor, not a lucrative career from which you could enter office a pauper and exit decades later having made several fortunes.
I pretty much agree with all of this, especially term limits. The one thing I disagree is nuking DACA, I think you would be surprised to find that the majority of American's also want to see it gone and immigration on the whole extremely reduced in general.

The other thing I would absolutely love to see is Hillary and Obama get prosecuted for the large amount of illegal shit they've done. That Obama seriously had the balls to weaponize the FBI. the IRS and other governmental departments, against political opponents, never mind the uranium deal, never mind the illegal removal of Gadaffi and the billions Iran got without approval, and is currently not locked up in a jail cell awaiting trial is simply ridiculous.

I'd also love all the democrats who continue to want DACA and want illegals for votes to also be tried for treason against the United States, convicted and hung.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:46 PM   #978
brandonjclark
Subscriber
 
brandonjclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,500
__________________
~B$
Gamertag: legisilverback | Steam Nickname: brandonjclark
...playing Rebel Galaxy
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:20 PM   #979
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 6,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I pretty much agree with all of this, especially term limits. The one thing I disagree is nuking DACA, I think you would be surprised to find that the majority of American's also want to see it gone and immigration on the whole extremely reduced in general.
A recent Harvard poll (not the most conservative around) showed 81% of people from ALL affiliations would like to see a dramatic drop in LEGAL immigration, much less illegal aliens.

The real rub is the DACA “kids”. They love that term “kids” because even though most of them have grown up and proven they are on average nominally or even less productive members of society than actual citizens. Oh yeah, and they’re now usually somewhere between 20 and 35 years old. Sort of like those migrant “children” they let in from the Calais camp to the UK last year who’s later dental exams showed them to be somewhere in their mid 20s. It was such a debacle they stopped letting people take pictures of the “children” when they got off the bus!

Anyway, I have some empathy here and I wouldn’t actually mind if some of them were granted amnesty and given a track to citizenship. Since the time DACA was put in place there were some stipulations like English fluency, getting a good job and a degree, and so on. For those that have actually worked and paid taxes (without also taking advantage of entitlement programs I.E. REAL JOB), have English fluency, gone to or are going to college and are on track for a degree let’s do it.

Also, no pictures of “Make California Mexico Again” or waving a different nation flag over the US flag on the Internet or rioting against unpopular politicians/political opinions, or blocking the gaddam entrance to Disneyland!

Presumably they have had 5 or 6 years of warning this day is coming so they’ve only themselves to blame.

You want to live in Mexico, go live there. Want to live in France, go live there. If you want to be part of America, get used to the Stars and Stripes being your national flag.

Quote:
The other thing I would absolutely love to see is Hillary and Obama get prosecuted for the large amount of illegal shit they've done.
No way, the entire government was starting to run around with mil spec stuff under Bush. It was part and parcel of the PATRIOT act and other bullshit that snuck in through all the post 9/11. All of a sudden each agency had a counter-terrorism budget and had to find ways to... counter terrorizing. I don’t know why they though the IRS needed any more help with the terrorizing but there you have it. I bet even Obama runs from the IRS.

Then in the government once you have budget YOU SPEND IT or you lose it the next fiscal year. So you keep buying guns and shit so it snowballed to plaid levels.

As for convictions I think the best we can expect is something against a few high level staff members. Maybe some deputy directors. No Heads of State will come under fire but what may happen is Obama’s Army may be struck down. He’s been poking and prodding here and there and fueling the flames of insurrection since he left office. The more evil people do in his name the worse it will look every time he does speak and so far all the memos, texts, Antifa, and general domestic hellishness can be placed at his feet.

If he hadn’t been been the absolute leader of the Democratic Party and pulling every string right up to the point where Hillary went rogue he might survive with some credibility outside of the far left but if it turns out to be what people are saying it will be a tough blow for him in the short to mid-term. It may “retire him” from real activity. The way he should have retired last Jan 20. The history books will still, and for good reason, remember him kindly.

I honestly don’t think he had any idea Hillary rigged the DNC and ousted Bernie. By the time everything was said and done he was cornered and it was either back her or give in to Trump...
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:10 AM   #980
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bawwston
Posts: 7,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
A recent Harvard poll (not the most conservative around) showed 81% of people from ALL affiliations would like to see a dramatic drop in LEGAL immigration, much less illegal aliens.

The real rub is the DACA “kids”. They love that term “kids” because even though most of them have grown up and proven they are on average nominally or even less productive members of society than actual citizens. Oh yeah, and they’re now usually somewhere between 20 and 35 years old. Sort of like those migrant “children” they let in from the Calais camp to the UK last year who’s later dental exams showed them to be somewhere in their mid 20s. It was such a debacle they stopped letting people take pictures of the “children” when they got off the bus!

Anyway, I have some empathy here and I wouldn’t actually mind if some of them were granted amnesty and given a track to citizenship. Since the time DACA was put in place there were some stipulations like English fluency, getting a good job and a degree, and so on. For those that have actually worked and paid taxes (without also taking advantage of entitlement programs I.E. REAL JOB), have English fluency, gone to or are going to college and are on track for a degree let’s do it.

Also, no pictures of “Make California Mexico Again” or waving a different nation flag over the US flag on the Internet or rioting against unpopular politicians/political opinions, or blocking the gaddam entrance to Disneyland!

Presumably they have had 5 or 6 years of warning this day is coming so they’ve only themselves to blame.

You want to live in Mexico, go live there. Want to live in France, go live there. If you want to be part of America, get used to the Stars and Stripes being your national flag.



No way, the entire government was starting to run around with mil spec stuff under Bush. It was part and parcel of the PATRIOT act and other bullshit that snuck in through all the post 9/11. All of a sudden each agency had a counter-terrorism budget and had to find ways to... counter terrorizing. I don’t know why they though the IRS needed any more help with the terrorizing but there you have it. I bet even Obama runs from the IRS.

Then in the government once you have budget YOU SPEND IT or you lose it the next fiscal year. So you keep buying guns and shit so it snowballed to plaid levels.

As for convictions I think the best we can expect is something against a few high level staff members. Maybe some deputy directors. No Heads of State will come under fire but what may happen is Obama’s Army may be struck down. He’s been poking and prodding here and there and fueling the flames of insurrection since he left office. The more evil people do in his name the worse it will look every time he does speak and so far all the memos, texts, Antifa, and general domestic hellishness can be placed at his feet.

If he hadn’t been been the absolute leader of the Democratic Party and pulling every string right up to the point where Hillary went rogue he might survive with some credibility outside of the far left but if it turns out to be what people are saying it will be a tough blow for him in the short to mid-term. It may “retire him” from real activity. The way he should have retired last Jan 20. The history books will still, and for good reason, remember him kindly.

I honestly don’t think he had any idea Hillary rigged the DNC and ousted Bernie. By the time everything was said and done he was cornered and it was either back her or give in to Trump...
Oh I bet Obozo helped her rig the primary, that is his style of politics anyway, the man is flat out evil, has outted himself multiple times as the Muslim he actually is, and obviously anyone with half a brain cell to rub together knows what a piece of shit he is as a person.

But those on the left would forgive him anyway. Just look at Whimbrel's replies when asked specific questions regarding illegals, he doesn't care that they're here, doesn't care that the voting pool is tainted, in fact he denies that illegals voting matters one bit despite evidence to the contrary. Doesn't have a problem with them continuing to flood in despite it being against federal law and really against our self interest in a country. No none of that stuff matters. If Whimbrel represents the average liberal "regressive" then I would imagine most of them are quite happy to pretend nothing is wrong with continuing to allow them to stay. Hell he won't even denounce sanctuary cities. This is what's wrong with those on the left today, they want to grow government to be the end all be all, yet they won't enforce federal laws when it goes against the progressive votes above all agenda.

Meanwhile in the real world where reality matters even some lefties are starting to realize what a bad idea allowing illegals to stay poses. It's as though folks like Whimbrel live in this bubble world where they just invent reality as they go along, be damned if it's logical or actually true.

I've said it before, there's a reason those on the left are against voter ID laws, laws we should have in every single state anyway, if all the illegals couldn't vote, the chances of liberals winning many if any elections that aren't in deep blue loony liberal states would be slim to none. Which makes me question why they stay in the US. If they really wanted to see their socialists marxists paradise, North Korea would be glad to take them in, I'm sure.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:12 AM.