Old 07-12-2016, 04:27 PM   #2702
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
And that is your response to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
Now, since you'd like to be invited to elaborate of topics, why don't you elaborate on how you were forced to sell your rifle to a friend in Nevada and how all of that went down.
You certainly do not practice what you preach:
Quote:
Rather than coming up with your silly 'gotcha' posts, you might want to start asking how I square some statement with my often stated positions. I know that would be the reasonable thing to do and would deprive you of your fun in trolling me, but it is also the only respectable thing to do, which is why you're a complete troll instead.
I'm not exactly shocked.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:39 PM   #2703
Anenome
Autarchist

Old 07-13-2016, 04:38 AM   #2704
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
It seems another position of yours proves to be a lie:
Quote:
Rather than coming up with your silly 'gotcha' posts, you might want to start asking how I square some statement with my often stated positions. I know that would be the reasonable thing to do and would deprive you of your fun in trolling me, but it is also the only respectable thing to do, which is why you're a complete troll instead.
You stated that I "might want to start asking how I [Anenome] square some statement." and in response to that you were asked (this is now the third time):
Quote:
Now, since you'd like to be invited to elaborate of topics, why don't you elaborate on how you were forced to sell your rifle to a friend in Nevada and how all of that went down.
Seeing as you've responded with a "troll song" video twice, it's clear that you lied about what you felt was reasonable. Lying is par for the course with you, and you only further prove that you don't actually mean what you say -- you don't want to be asked to "square" anything, you merely want to continue your long history of making contradictory statements and hold contradictory positions, like the you recently pointed to liberals as holding, as you destroy your own narrative; not unlike mainstream liberals, you also wish to sweep away the obvious contradictions and to respond with emotion. You've taken the exact action that you cried foul over, once again showing that you're only against certain things - forcing law on others, intervention into a parent's decision, voting, trolling, and more - when you're not the one doing it -- one you're doing it, it's completely fine. Will you maintain your mantra of "do as I say, not as I do"? I guess we'll see.

So, are you going to elaborate in detail on the tale regarding how you came to part with your AR-15?
Old 07-13-2016, 09:35 AM   #2705
Anenome
Autarchist

Never said I was "forced to sell my rifle to a friend in nevada" this is typical of your reductionary inability to remember my actual position and your inherent strawmanning of my statements.

I turned in my ar15 lower to a police station in Torrance due to them being criminalized. I retained the upper and acog for some-time until my friend in Nevada offered to buy it off me, as he could get a lower up there. It's really as simple as that.
Old 07-13-2016, 02:24 PM   #2706
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Even after you state you wish to be asked to elaborate on topics, it takes asking you three times, along with pointing out that you're going along with what you stated you wanted, to get you to answer. Amazing.

Quote:
Never said I was "forced to sell my rifle to a friend in nevada" this is typical of your reductionary inability to remember my actual position and your inherent strawmanning of my statements.
Lets look at your original claim -- which will make your complaint about an "inability to remember my [Anenome] actual position" both hilarious and ironic. Here it is:
Quote:
That's why California destroyed my AR-15 barrel, right. I'm out a rifle, destroyed without compensation.
Turns out that your position changed to claiming that the State of California did not destroy your barrel, and you actually were able to sell parts of the rifle. It seems your inability to remember led you to this becoming an issue.

Quote:
I turned in my ar15 lower to a police station in Torrance due to them being criminalized. I retained the upper and acog for some-time until my friend in Nevada offered to buy it off me, as he could get a lower up there. It's really as simple as that.
When previously asking you about this incident, your story changed so much that all the details had changed by the time you were doing trying to explain your experience. What made your ar-15 lower "criminalized," forcing you to have no other choice but to hand it over to police for destruction?
Old 07-13-2016, 02:40 PM   #2707
Anemone
Evil Dead

Little dose of Bastiat for ya:

The Candlemaker's Petition
Quote:
We candlemakers are suffering from the unfair competition of a foreign rival. This for­eign manufacturer of light has such an advantage over us that he floods our domestic markets with his product. And he offers it at a fantastically low price. The moment this foreigner appears in our country, all our customers de­sert us and turn to him. As a re­sult, an entire domestic industry is rendered completely stagnant. And even more, since the lighting industry has countless ramifica­tions with other native industries, they, too, are injured. This foreign manufacturer who competes against us without mercy is none other than the sun itself!

Old 07-13-2016, 02:41 PM   #2708
Anemone
Evil Dead

That Which Is Seen and that Which Is Not Seen
Quote:
In the department of economy, an act, a habit, an institution, a law, gives birth not only to an effect, but to a series of effects. Of these effects, the first only is immediate; it manifests itself simultaneously with its cause - it is seen. The others unfold in succession - they are not seen: it is well for us, if they are foreseen. Between a good and a bad economist this constitutes the whole difference - the one takes account of the visible effect; the other takes account both of the effects which are seen, and also of those which it is necessary to foresee. Now this difference is enormous, for it almost always happens that when the immediate consequence is favourable, the ultimate consequences are fatal, and the converse. Hence it follows that the bad economist pursues a small present good, which will be followed by a great evil to come, while the true economist pursues a great good to come, - at the risk of a small present evil...
Old 07-13-2016, 02:42 PM   #2709
Anemone
Evil Dead

Are you so out of things to rehash that you're returning to the rifle again? I'm not going to play that game with you, because you're a troll.
Old 07-13-2016, 02:48 PM   #2710
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Are you so out of things to rehash that you're returning to the rifle again? I'm not going to play that game with you, because you're a troll.
I guess I'm going to have to ask you to elaborate at least two more times? Here goes:

Quote:
When previously asking you about this incident, your story changed so much that all the details had changed by the time you were doing trying to explain your experience. What made your ar-15 lower "criminalized," forcing you to have no other choice but to hand it over to police for destruction?
Old 07-13-2016, 03:18 PM   #2711
Anemone
Evil Dead

If you weren't just trolling for a new way to try to attack me, I'd answer.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:31 PM   #2712
Anemone
Evil Dead

Maduro Puts Military In Charge Of Venezuela's Food - Nothing can possibly go wrong!
Old 07-14-2016, 01:33 AM   #2713
Anenome
Autarchist

Old 07-14-2016, 05:48 AM   #2714
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
If you weren't just trolling for a new way to try to attack me, I'd answer.
First, you answer with "troll song" videos and have admitted to trolling -- you're not against trolling. Secondly, you wanted to be asked to elaborate on your statements in order to "square" them, but now that you're given that chance, you continue to balk at doing what you said you wanted to be given the opportunity to do.

So, lets try yet again:

Quote:
Quote:
What made your ar-15 lower "criminalized," forcing you to have no other choice but to hand it over to police for destruction?
Old 07-14-2016, 09:23 AM   #2715
Anenome
Autarchist

And what does that have to do with ancap, the point of the thread? And why do you care about that when there's a whole universe of COLA concepts that you are continually mistaken about. California made the gun illegal to own--there was no grandfathering in, no selling to other Californians. Why do you care. Where's the relevance?
Old 07-14-2016, 02:46 PM   #2716
Anemone
Evil Dead

Italy on the Brink (Salerno)
Old 07-14-2016, 04:17 PM   #2717
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
And what does that have to do with ancap, the point of the thread? And why do you care about that when there's a whole universe of COLA concepts that you are continually mistaken about.
An ability to understand the laws passed in the real world are pertinent. Also, I have not been mistaken in my remarks about the way you portray COLA concepts, and I've provided direct quotes supporting my claims.

Quote:
California made the gun illegal to own--there was no grandfathering in, no selling to other Californians. Why do you care. Where's the relevance?
Are you stating that you had no choice if you wished to abide by the law but to turn the Armalite lower receiver over to the police for destruction? You stated that you could not sell to other Californians, was that your only choice? What year did you buy your Armalite AR-15 type rifle, and when did this law go into effect?
Old 07-14-2016, 04:56 PM   #2718
Anemone
Evil Dead

Again, since it is obvious that you're just fishing with material to slam me with, you can kindly fuck off.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:25 PM   #2719
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Again, since it is obvious that you're just fishing with material to slam me with, you can kindly fuck off.
You wanted to be asked to elaborate, you're being asked to elaborate on a claim, and you're complaining that you got what you asked for.
Lets try yet again:
Quote:
Quote:
California made the gun illegal to own--there was no grandfathering in, no selling to other Californians. Why do you care. Where's the relevance?
Are you stating that you had no choice if you wished to abide by the law but to turn the Armalite lower receiver over to the police for destruction? You stated that you could not sell to other Californians, was that your only choice? What year did you buy your Armalite AR-15 type rifle, and when did this law go into effect?
Old 07-14-2016, 06:14 PM   #2720
Anemone
Evil Dead

“Anarchy is all around us. Without it, our world would fall apart. All progress is due to it. All order extends from it. All blessed things that rise above the state of nature are owned to it. The human race thrives only because of the lack of control, not because of it. I’m saying that we need ever more absence of control to make the world a more beautiful place. It is a paradox that we must forever explain.”

― Jeffrey Tucker